Level 80 Weapon

XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Wizard
Hi all,

nearing level 80 and need to figure out what im going to use for my new weapon.

i am leaning towards Endless Ambiguity mainly due to the -3 chan and +118 max mag attk. What are your thought on this weapon?
I don't really 1v1 much. Will be sharding with immacs. mainly after DPS i guess, not concerned about hp or vit bonuses.

As a side discussion, what wizz warsoul is the best? My vote would be for Single Butterfly b:dirty sooo much mag attack :)
Post edited by XEmpressX - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• TrueDMG - Sanctuary
    TrueDMG - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Good luck !PAYING! warsoul :-p
    i had the Wheel of Life (needs no souledge ;-) )in my 80s and liked it because of nice peak dmg and nearly base dmg of 80 Swords because the nice adds +13mag +70matt . if you have something that give little dex you get +1crit also. Made it to WODF at 90 an had this till i hit 99.
    if you stack - Channel Endless is also nice.
    If you cant get TT squad and have no money, 79 mold glaive is also an backup option, but 80 weapons are cheap nowadays.
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Cool thanks,

i might add to that, that at the moment my build is -chan, its at -24 atm, on the look out for another -6 ring to get -30. So Endless would give me -33, which has got to be good for DPH right? Although am needing to control damage output at the mo as can take aggro from those levels around me in a few hits.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Cool thanks,

i might add to that, that at the moment my build is -chan, its at -24 atm, on the look out for another -6 ring to get -30. So Endless would give me -33, which has got to be good for DPH right? Although am needing to control damage output at the mo as can take aggro from those levels around me in a few hits.

I don't really recommend investing much in your gear until you start hitting 9x+, so I'd be looking more towards your future gear. Pick out your end game weapon (it sounds like you are going to be interested in the 99 glaive). There are better alternatives (cv wand for instance), but that is also significantly more expensive. Anyway, for conversation's sake lets say you do want the 99 glaive. I'd get the 80 glaive so you could use that to decomp into the 90 glaive (also has -channel) and then decompose that into your 99 glaive.

On the other hand, you could invest in a good weapon now and then sell it and buy more what you are looking for later. I'm assuming you are using -channel neck/belt being that you have so much -channeling for your level, so the yaksa's pdef would be very valuable for you.. especially if/when you start doing frosts or GV (and you'll probably want pdef ornaments if you start doing any aoe instances :P).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I dont know what you can spend, but you could also look into both gold FCC weapons. They are for level 85. The glaive and the wand are both good, the glaive having -3 % chan and the wand having -6% chan. Though you said you were not looking for any hp/vid mods (which is what the wand has), I use the wand +5 and the damage is very nice because the weapon is g12, and the HP from it is awesome. But if you take a frost weapon you should use a lunar as endgame, or else you still need to farm TT for your endgame weap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    Laylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    if you got the money, get TT80 gold magic sword.
    I had it, very very very nice weapon for a wiz.
    then you'll may have some problems with making TT90, but that's another story.
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Like Adroit already pointed out you should choose your final weapon first and then look which weapons you need to get there that would make things easier.

Endless Ambiguity is a nice weapon but the problem is you cant use the souledge of it to get gold 99 glaive or magic sword. Though it would be nice if you turn it into wraith conquerer at 90 because this weapon also has -chan.

Personally i had the luck to get Glaive of Divinity (79 mold) so i used this one meanwhile i have crafted a yaksa to be able to decompose it for my lvl 90 weapon.

In my opinion a lvl 80 gold weapon is something for rly rich players because you will be lvl 90 within some weeks and then you got the problem of having a bound weapon which you wont have a use for

greetz harm0wnie
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Hi,

thanks all for the discussion on this. I probably should have mentioned that i do cash shop, therefore i buy weapons rather than farming them, as i don't really enjoy TT that much.
    I have since decided, and actually have bought the Endless weapon.
    As it is, my current Sakayumi's light actually does more damage (as it is +5 with 2 immac sapphires). But i will be refining the level 80 weap and sharding so hopefully the power output will be pretty good.
    I level pretty slowly as i don't cs and bh religiously, have taken to hypering PQ lately.
    Can solo grind there quite well so get mad amounts of exp for it.
    Endgame - level 90-100+, what do most wizzies use? Luna/Frost/Nirvana/TT? There is so much choice and i guess it comes down to what your final ambitions are?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hi,

thanks all for the discussion on this. I probably should have mentioned that i do cash shop, therefore i buy weapons rather than farming them, as i don't really enjoy TT that much.
    I have since decided, and actually have bought the Endless weapon.
    As it is, my current Sakayumi's light actually does more damage (as it is +5 with 2 immac sapphires). But i will be refining the level 80 weap and sharding so hopefully the power output will be pretty good.
    I level pretty slowly as i don't cs and bh religiously, have taken to hypering PQ lately.
    Can solo grind there quite well so get mad amounts of exp for it.
    Endgame - level 90-100+, what do most wizzies use? Luna/Frost/Nirvana/TT? There is so much choice and i guess it comes down to what your final ambitions are?

I just made a small list of end game weapons, cheapest on the top.
    Fate Denial: Godspeed or Inferno-Heaven Ravager:Souless - TT99
    Neon Purgatory -CV wand
    Sinrabansho - HH100 sword
    Nature Talker -rank 8, or a nirvana weapon would basically be the best weapon you can get
    (I'm going to exclude warsoul/rank9 as they cost tens of thousands of real $$)
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.