Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I have to agree - Draal does stink.

Ted stinks.

b:victory
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ted stinks.

Yeah, I really could use a shower b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I really could use a shower b:surrender

I'll help you :O
    edited October 2010
    No ty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I can't pretend that I know what happened to calamity, but obviously something did, and people decided to leave, and go mainly to the same faction, at least from what I can tell.

I am no stranger to feeling that someone screwed up, and thinking that things are beyond repair/there is no fixing what they "broke." I was perhaps part to blame for what many people believed to be futile to come to full fruition, but in my honest opinion so were they.

All it takes is one person to start a revolt, and bring up the things we all are feeling deep down. We all can be pretty relentless when we try to right a wrong, but as I read in a book. "The one, who wins, will be in the 'right', and the one who loses, will be the perceived wrong, in each person's mind." huge paraphrase there. =x

The simple matter of fact is that, people felt that it was time for change, does that make it wrong for them to go into another faction? Not in my opinion. Some people just let it boil up inside until someone/something breaks, and when it does all hell breaks lose, leaving little room for an actual civilized discussion to take place over one's concerns.

I really hope everyone who felt like the one's who left, well... left already, and cala will rebound just like it has done pretty much every single time something else has threaten to take down the "giant."

EDIT: Obviously no one can be liked by everyone, some will obviously be pretty upset over something they feel justified to be upset over, whereas others will feel that it is a stupid reason to be angry over. It really is up to the 'eye of the beholder' to determine what they feel is necessary/is being done wrong, or perhaps right. Even the best leader can have enemies among his own followers, all it takes is one person to disagree with any one of his decision, and to go on his or her own way, and likely some people will follow. It is up to each person to decide on what they want to do.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I can't pretend that I know what happened to calamity, but obviously something did, and people decided to leave, and go mainly to the same faction, at least from what I can tell.

I am no stranger to feeling that someone screwed up, and thinking that things are beyond repair/there is no fixing what they "broke." I was perhaps part to blame for what many people believed to be futile to come to full fruition, but in my honest opinion so were they.

All it takes is one person to start a revolt, and bring up the things we all are feeling deep down. We all can be pretty relentless when we try to right a wrong, but as I read in a book. "The one, who wins, will be in the 'right', and the one who loses, will be the perceived wrong, in each person's mind." huge paraphrase there. =x

The simple matter of fact is that, people felt that it was time for change, does that make it wrong for them to go into another faction? Not in my opinion. Some people just let it boil up inside until someone/something breaks, and when it does all hell breaks lose, leaving little room for an actual civilized discussion to take place over one's concerns.

I really hope everyone who felt like the one's who left, well... left already, and cala will rebound just like it has done pretty much every single time something else has threaten to take down the "giant."

EDIT: Obviously no one can be liked by everyone, some will obviously be pretty upset over something they feel justified to be upset over, whereas others will feel that it is a stupid reason to be angry over. It really is up to the 'eye of the beholder' to determine what they feel is necessary/is being done wrong, or perhaps right. Even the best leader can have enemies among his own followers, all it takes is one person to disagree with any one of his decision, and to go on his or her own way, and likely some people will follow. It is up to each person to decide on what they want to do.

right,

anyway, i think this one is good too: regenesis2.png
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I was truly driven by the excitement of the new TW challenge and didn't measure the words on my first post. It is correct, that not all of Cala core roster has left the faction, as there are some very loyal old members that will stay and defend the red with all their means. I apologize to the ones that took offense in it.

In the end, it's good for the server, the powerhouse is weakened, another TW faction rises, and we get to see as many colors as the ones still defending Calamity will allow us to see. I think it's a great thing for Dreamweaver.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Fighting Regenesis is going to be like fighting old Cala, still pain in the ***. Almost everyone I recognized from old Cala were in the new faction. b:bye

However I'd like to say that you guys could have picked a better name than ripping off Nirvana bow.b:surrender
  • Shisoukaze - Dreamweaver
    Shisoukaze - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I read it everytime I'm on the TTC XD
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    genesis: The coming into being of something; the origin.
    regenesis: New birth; renewal.

it seems quite apt if they are looking to revitalise what they see as what attracted them to calamity in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i am sticking to what i said about you guys who left were not the core of calamity.

I know jack about this server, but I know plenty of what makes a core. And I can say that just because someone leaves a faction, doesn't mean they lose their core status. It's people who helped build the faction and get it to where it would be at a present time. So, since I don't know about any Dreamweaver members, I can't say who from Calamity would make the core of it. Just thought I would clarify your statement.
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Fighting Regenesis is going to be like fighting old Cala, still pain in the ***. Almost everyone I recognized from old Cala were in the new faction. b:bye

However I'd like to say that you guys could have picked a better name than ripping off Nirvana bow.b:surrender

still waiting for you ran b:cute
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Ran <3

Calamity Axes of Blood and Regenesis - Nirvana we just rerolled np.

On a more serious note, the name does aim to say that this is a new beginning, for the map, for all TW factions in this server and for ourselves. Initially we wanted it to be Genesis, the name was taken :( then someone made _Genesis_ and Kas hated it. So finally we all were brainstorming in vent after the last defense and someone (I think BB) said, how about Regenesis? We made the faction just then and started the whole thing.

It was just after it was made and msot have moved, we were on vent talking and someone said, so we're named after the nirvana bow? :D
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I have not read any of these posts, angry or otherwise. I will say it has been an honor to be in Calamity, now I am moving on. Change is hard to take for some, but when it feels right; it is. That's why I have decided to move on and follow my heart, my gut. I miss Calamity and those in it and I wish you all the very best in all of your endeavors. b:victory
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
    edited October 2010
    So finally we all were brainstorming in vent after the last defense and someone (I think BB) said, how about Regenesis?

Amazingly, it was Volf. Even a blind squirrel . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ozumaki - Dreamweaver
    Ozumaki - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It is correct, that not all of Cala core roster has left the faction, as there are some very loyal old members that will stay and defend the red with all their means. I apologize to the ones that took offense in it.

I'm still in Cala Andres, not to defend all land... but to defend my pride... and yes you offended me with those words
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    After 12 hours of thinking...

http://tinyurl.com/repaintitred

There is my post-anger/upset post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I wasn't gonna, but can't help myself...

This is a GAME. We all just want to have some fun. Things were becoming not so fun for some people in Calamity - I wasn't actually one of those in on the "plan" and I went to nap after TW Saturday and came back to a broken home 2 hours later, 80 of my dearest friends gone from Calamity and more leaving as I sat, stunned, and watched. I was pm'ing people like mad, asking WTH is going on?? I had no idea this was in the works.

And yet. Andres pm'ed me, "You coming?" And there was no doubt in my mind where my loyalties were at that moment - with Andres, BB, Ele, Triton, Volf, and all the others who moved to Regenesis - the "core" of my family and friends. BaldwinBoy is, in my eyes, the greatest leader I've ever known, and these people are some of the best gamers I've ever met. Andres is my mentor, my friend, and I look up to him so much as a fellow archer. BB gave me my interview, invited me into Calamity all those months ago, and has been nothing but great to me since, a good friend, a fantastic leader, and he's damn amazing at leading TW.

I just wanna have some fun. Where can I do that best? That's right, where the majority of my friends are. Sure, some stayed, some went to other factions, but my little Cala section on my FL swiftly drained right into Regenesis, so that's where I wanted to be. This is nothing personal at all to those who stayed, I loved every member of Calamity equally, always did my best to be friendly and helpful with all. And I admit, this was purely a following of the pack on my part. I couldn't imagine life without most of these people in faction chat every day and I have enough pm's to deal with without having all the rest of my friends in another faction where I can't converse with them all at once :)

The simple fact of the matter is CHANGE HAPPENS. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, but it happens and the world keeps turning. This is just a game - yes, we have real loyalties, real pride at times, but nothing changes the fact that it's just a game. To hang on to something that is no more, in this case, Calamity, would be silly and fruitless. I'm personally thrilled at the prospect of upcoming TWs, at the new, hopefully rainbow map, we'll soon start to see. I was in the "reset the map" camp after we'd turned it red, and this is, in my eyes, the next best thing.

I'm sorry to those of you who are still in Calamity, who will defend it to the end. You are all still friends in my heart and I will gladly talk and play with you any time at all. I will miss each and every one of you in faction chat, but my motto has always been "Factions don't dictate friends," and I stand by that - you are not now, nor will ever be, considered an enemy by me - a rival in TW, maybe, but never an enemy. And any one of you can feel free to add me to your FL and bother me any old time for help with anything - if I'm available, I'll be there, just like everyone in Calamity was there for me all these months - nothing changes this.

I love you, Calamity and Regenesis, all my friends, my family, and I wish each and every one of you all the luck and happiness in the world - you all deserve it for how hard we all worked together to make Calamity (the family, the friends, NOT the name itself) the greatest faction Dreamweaver has ever seen :)

Now can we all stop the QQ'ing and go farm some nirvana? Don't you people know double drops are on????
  • Anarchy - Dreamweaver
    Anarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *edited*

I`m sorry for editing your whole post but it doesn't make any sense when I removed the names. Please refrain from naming and shaming. Thanks.

Grim
    This person they make me out to be? She irritates the hell out of me too :D
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    After joining Calamity in June 2009, I only left the faction, to play on Raging tides for like a week before quitting the game for 4 months

Still, let's not make this thread about me, let's celebrate the beginning of a new map b:pleased

I still miss you b:sad

Whoever you were
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2010
    *edited*

You give BB way too much credit. Almost the same credit people used to give, back when you helped fighting the nasty rumors that Calamity members were here only for TW pay. That we offered extra coins to our high levels just to keep them around. So much stuff said out of anger and resentment, you just added a couple more lines. As if people had no brains of their own, and couldn't pick whats fun, right or just relaxing for them in a game.

If you must know, what drove BB do his decision and what made me, and many others follow through and ask our friends to come with us, feel free to PM me. No need to air more dirty laundry in the forums. I for sure wouldn't call BaldwinBoy an unsuccesful leader. The way I see it, before june, if I recall correctly:

We were 13 lands down (EQ held 10, Dynasty 2, Vanquish 1) from a full map, we had a TW attendance of as much as 95 members per TW slot out of 180 members, we didn't had an efficient duty roster within officers. We couldn't win an attack on Equinox since April 2010.

BB took over two weeks before miragepay changes, On his first weekend as leader we attacked plume the first time, lost in 3 hours. Since then, we have lost 0 attacks. That same weekend we default EQ attack by 3 hours too. And since then, We closed July with a 19-2 record defending, August with a 18-1 record and September with 20-2. Sure, we lost a lot, but we learned from it, and ultimely, we achieved something Seraphim, Tyranny and Trixy couldn't do while they were leaders. And that's a red map.

You speak of leaving, you say dozens of innocent players on our way out. But I see my new guild's roster and it looks incredibly familiar to me. What about the hundreds that were never in Calamity and will finally get a chance to know what TW is, will get a couple of weeks to enjoy having at least one or many lands while the rest of the server has a new chance to start over again.

Sure, we may have chosen the wrong reasons to "leave" Calamity. But looking at the outcome of what happend, We didn't leave Calamity. We left a handful of players that never agreed to our ways, another few that have been long gone yet still demanded to retain the same power, rights, voice and votes of those that leave all their time and dedication every weekend defending that map, you now are trying to boast about, and you couldn't defend when you were a part of.

Truth is we will never leave Calamity, it will be always in our hearts no matter what you may think or say. It will remain in our TW strategy, in our squads, in our forums, in ventrilo. What we left, was a name. A tainted idea, an idea some tried to use against us. To take away from us what we worked very hard on. Rebuilding would have been possible. Instead, you were the one that decided to disband. Don't come here and talk about cowardy. For you Calamity is a tag and a color, for me Calamity is the 150 out of 198 that followed BB on Saturday.

Rawrgh, when I grow up I wanna be like you <3. I love your RT forum posts, and that one was a nice burn.

Rest in peace Calamity. There won't be another faction like you in this server again. It's not our goal at Regenesis to compare ourselves to you. But I sure hope that just as I told Calamity every weekend after we loss, that from now on, we can only learn and get better.

Good luck to you.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Rest in peace Calamity. There won't be another faction like you in this server again. It's not our goal at Regenesis to compare ourselves to you. But I sure hope that just as I told Calamity every weekend after we loss, that from now on, we can only learn and get better.

Good luck to you.

b:afraid

So few people in cala, guess it wont rebuild after all, it's sad to see. Though I really can't blame a majority of the people who left cala, if they all left due to a lack of challenge in pvp for leaving. It does ultimately give time for other factions to start building up their strength, and learn just how much they really need to work on, and what areas they need to work on. That is... when they start attacking each other, only leading to more heated battles between the two new power houses, whether it be Regensis, Equinox, or any other guild that has some kind of rivalry... boy this seems oddly familiar. =x

I can't really see calamity recovering from that, if it is accurate, whether it is or not the tw scene has just experienced one hell of an earthquake, had to be from a majority of the people from the top faction, but nonetheless things are just not going to be the same without calamity dominating the tw scene; however, in the long run, this is probably the best route for everyone involved with calamity, and even the whole server. I still don't think that many people from the cala that dominating dreamweaver, will remain playing the game for too much longer, regardless of what name they have above their head. I hope I am wrong though, I would love to see a 3 way clash of the titans when the color starts getting painted another color.

I vote Blue for the color of map regensis will be getting. O_o b:avoid
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Meowmerz - Dreamweaver
    Meowmerz - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    *edited*

LOL! - I'm not one to write here and I'm generally quiet when it comes to forum things. I'd rather say things to people face to face but whatever. Lets clear up some points.

BB..malicious...sociopath?

Who kicked people just for the sake of kicking out of malicious intent w/o even speaking to those people? YOU wanted director because you wanted to take a screen shot of Calamity Director above your head as told by Argon to minigod. - yes there's a SS - and then took the joy out of saying you'd gladly start kicking people from faction who has alts in Regenesis.

So you kick me w/o even talking to me about why I'm going to be kicked. Not giving me the respect or chance to decide between the Calamity that has been my heart and home for the past 14months or Regenesis where the majority of my friends have gone. And after kicking me what did you do? Demote yourself.

While so many left, mini and I stayed. Mainly because we wanted to stick it out and see what happens. minigod is one of Calamity's founding members. He came here with Seraphim to from Sanctuary to start this family. He helped with recruitment and build Calamity.

Yes I have left Calamity twice since joining, but NO ONE could ever doubt where my heart was. Not even you Ana.

Yes minigod left when he quit the game for 4 months. But came back as soon as he knew he could commit to playing again.

You all decide to disband Calamity and create your new faction Insanity. Well Insanity is right.

You are all crazy! And how do you not even have the RESPECT to let those remaining people who are on that roster to make their own choice to remove themselves from the place they have called home?

The reason people weren't kicked from Calamity when BB could have done so to save everyone this heartache was because he didn't want to kick anyone from their home.

So the only other way was to create a new one for himself and his friends and anyone who wants a new start and a new challenge.

You will not abandon it? Seriously?! lol you who kept telling Calamity enjoy a pink map? You who joined EQ with propose of just seeing Calamity destroyed. Oh and after Calamity made the map red, you took credit for it. -

zvv507.jpg

So please stop the lying. You should be the leader of Insanity. Because you're the craziest of them all. You're a lying malicious delusional woman.

You were all given what you always wanted. The power to lead Calamity the way you all want to. And what did you do with that chance? Disband it. And not even disband it with honor and the RESPECT the people that was still there deserved! You just banished them! You could of let them make that choice as it is their right as they have worked hard in Calamity and deserve that CHOICE.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    oh snapppp

will wait for Ana's response ~
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Grats for taking the map as well as giving it back. Once you have it all, what's the point in keeping it? Give it back and let whomever can build the next strongest guild take it.

I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Meowmerz - Dreamweaver
    Meowmerz - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    and my question for those that remained in Calamity.

What happened to the faction funds? Since you've all disbanded it.

There's about 50m and about 2k mirages left from the Calamity bank that was turned over to the then current leader.

and since its still being held by someone - whats going to happen to the mirages on friday? its going to be about 170m worth of mirages.

Was it used to fund this insane new faction? Are we going to see you all with new gear soon? Maybe someone's debt to some people will be paid?

I think we former members have the right to know.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    *edited*

I get a big taste of disgruntled here.

Get over yourself. I liked you, but now? You just annoy me.

BB a sociopath? Malicious? BB?? You are a little unbalanced, madam, and someone should remove your ability to post on forum. Any forums. Get over it, let it go, you rage quit, we all moved on and forgot all about you, why can't you do the same? Move on already, jeez.

You are poison, Ana, and all you do is spew rubbish wherever you go. Get off the high horse, already, it's done, it's over, and none of your venom can hurt us.

I'd say that you were so wrong about BB based solely on the number who followed him - they sure didn't wanna stick around with you, did they? Hmmm....

If ANYONE should be left alone with Calamity, it's minigod. Calamity should belong to him and no one else based simply on the fact that he and Sera came here together to start Cala and Sera is gone - leaving only mini. You guys need to let go and move on and put Calamity in the hands of the one guy left who can still truly appreciate the name over his factionless head.

The way you guys booted those who stayed? Disgusting, really just cheap and low. The way you've stripped Cala_Vault like thieves? YOU didn't work for any of that, the rest of Cala did, we all worked hard for all of that and if anyone should have it, it should be split evenly among existing (well, before you went on a psycho boot rampage) and ex-members of Calamity. Guess we know who we'll be seeing in some new, uber gear real soon, huh? The members of DW's newest, greediest, and craziest faction: Insanity.

Nice job. And ya'll wonder why all of us followed BB. Imbeciles.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hi guys,

I`m leaving the thread open so you can discuss the recent changes about Calamity and Regenesis but you must keep in mind that the flame/name n shame/troll posts are forbidden. From now on please refrain from such posts. Thanks in advance.

Grim
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hi tojop!

Alright, you guys certainly make for some good reading - almost makes me regret deleting my PWI client. Anyhow, I agree with whoever agreed with Kasumi on on the fact that this is a game, and yes, this is a certainly more fun - though a bit overly dramatic - way of kick-starting TW up. As someone who didn't join Calamity until the summer of 2009 and who has been on both sides of TW, I gotta say this: Calamity has been going to **** for a very long time now, even before Raging Tides came out. It's been a slow process, but there have been people who others like referring to as "poison" there for a very long time now. Obviously some people I think very disastrous to Calamity are not the same people others think, and some are, but the fact is that there has always been a group of people who have had certain ideals which has finally snapped Calamity in two. And it's not even just these people - there have been feuds and people I thought were friends who just never saw eye-to-eye with each other, and the feud that has been going on between Calamity and Equinox for ages now, as well as Calamity and the server, and Calamity versus, well, pretty much everything. I am very proud that Calamity has managed to hold on so long because I've seen how they can unite when needed (although mostly for TW.)

That being said, I am very much glad this has finally happened, because it's been in the making for forever now, and I'm sure it's been very irritating for every person who has ever been in Calamity who's been forced to watch and experience all the silly drama unfold inside the faction. I'm also feeling rather sad over this though, because this faction and my friends there were a very important part of my life for close to 2 years.

I don't claim to know everything that's happened to uproot Calamity, since I haven't actually played since early August, but I know enough to truly find this worthy of interest - blame the ex-TW Reporter in me! This post really serves no purpose except to contribute to all the blowing up and putting my opinion out there since I'm not going to get myself invovled in the personal arguements above(though some comments are just lolz-worthy).

I'm sad to see Calamity go (the profile on the Core System is a pretty depressing sight...) but very excited to see where Regenesis is going to go, whom I fully support in their decision. Though, I never quite though it to turn out this big - my apologies to those I doubted, you know who you are. ;)

Good luck Dreamweaver. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2010
    Hi tojop!

Alright, you guys certainly make for some good reading - almost makes me regret deleting my PWI client. Anyhow, I agree with whoever agreed with Kasumi on on the fact that this is a game, and yes, this is a certainly more fun - though a bit overly dramatic - way of kick-starting TW up. As someone who didn't join Calamity until the summer of 2009 and who has been on both sides of TW, I gotta say this: Calamity has been going to **** for a very long time now, even before Raging Tides came out. It's been a slow process, but there have been people who others like referring to as "poison" there for a very long time now. Obviously some people I think very disastrous to Calamity are not the same people others think, and some are, but the fact is that there has always been a group of people who have had certain ideals which has finally snapped Calamity in two. And it's not even just these people - there have been feuds and people I thought were friends who just never saw eye-to-eye with each other, and the feud that has been going on between Calamity and Equinox for ages now, as well as Calamity and the server, and Calamity versus, well, pretty much everything. I am very proud that Calamity has managed to hold on so long because I've seen how they can unite when needed (although mostly for TW.)

That being said, I am very much glad this has finally happened, because it's been in the making for forever now, and I'm sure it's been very irritating for every person who has ever been in Calamity who's been forced to watch and experience all the silly drama unfold inside the faction. I'm also feeling rather sad over this though, because this faction and my friends there were a very important part of my life for close to 2 years.

I don't claim to know everything that's happened to uproot Calamity, since I haven't actually played since early August, but I know enough to truly find this worthy of interest - blame the ex-TW Reporter in me! This post really serves no purpose except to contribute to all the blowing up and putting my opinion out there since I'm not going to get myself invovled in the personal arguements above(though some comments are just lolz-worthy).

I'm sad to see Calamity go (the profile on the Core System is a pretty depressing sight...) but very excited to see where Regenesis is going to go, whom I fully support in their decision. Though, I never quite though it to turn out this big - my apologies to those I doubted, you know who you are. ;)

Good luck Dreamweaver. :)

Sorry... what? Who are you? What do you know about any of this? Move on, troll, move on.
This discussion has been closed.