Please! End the Duke Spam!

Odovacer - Dreamweaver
Odovacer - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
It's super annoying trying to have a chat conversation in Faction or Squad chat only to have the text lost in the mad scrolling of Duke announcements. Please, please, please get it off the local chats. Either move it to Trade or allow us to turn off the System messages. And while you're at it, do the same for the Bidding House too. The only rationale for these announcements is to entice others to buy or bid. It's annoying and insulting and are sure as hell not working for me. Thanks, if you read this much.
Post edited by Odovacer - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MeXyCaN - Archosaur
    MeXyCaN - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I dun think they should end it or turn it off othwise we will no longer have wrath attack updates.

What they need to do it get smart and statisfy all parties. They need to make it so people can filter out event messages from chat for those that choose not to view it.
    !!!!MeXy FeVeR!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    fishin! we have water, we should be able to go fishin!
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    they will not remove the shouts.
    its an ingenious marketing ploy to entice people to purchase packs.

you see all the scroll with what others are getting and others will feel the urge to try their luck too.
    Here we go again....
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    im pretty sure 90% of the ppl who play dont even read it, they just see the name and how much they bid and go.... waste of money -.-

then get fed up iwth trying to scroll up and see what was jsut said b:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Duke created the interupting cow joke ijs
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Duke created the interupting cow joke ijs

Cow? Don't you mean cheese?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What about WC as you can't turn that off and that is always going off more than the duke?You mean you don't find that annoying even when it is present in instanced squads.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What about WC as you can't turn that off and that is always going off more than the duke?You mean you don't find that annoying even when it is present in instanced squads.

You can filter out WC o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You can filter out WC o_O

How as I looked where you check and apply and confirm.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Odovacer - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    they will not remove the shouts.
    its an ingenious marketing ploy to entice people to purchase packs.

Yes, I understand it's "advertising" and that's one of the things that makes it very annoying. You're trying to organise your squad and you get the Duke interrupting like a 5 year old child. Even my kids know not to butt into a conversation.

I, for one, am not going to buy packs etc just because I get bombarded with a constant stream of messages. At least they listened to us about the damn horns. Now take it a step further.

Eventually, all of these small things will pick away at one's resolve to play the game and one's interest will die off. A game is all about the experience, if it gets annoying to play, it gets harder to hold your attention.

"I dun think they should end it or turn it off othwise we will no longer have wrath attack updates."

If it was done properly, this won't be an issue. These aren't actually System announcements, they are Trade announcements and should be treated as such.
  • Odovacer - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010

Ouch! You've not been able to turn off the WC after all this time? b:sad

In Faction and Squad Chat I only have Faction, Squad, Whisper, System (orange), System (olive green, the drops messages) checked.

It works for me. In General, only Combat and Other is checked, but to tell the truth, not sure of this has any affect.
  • Fryckie - Sanctuary
    Fryckie - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I totally agree with you. I have been logging off during the times of the bidding hall, because I can't even talk to people in faction or squad chat. Half the reason I (aswell as many others) play this game is to socialize, yet all these shouts are taking that away.

And if PWE thinks it is going to get me to buy packs and use the bidding hall, they are wrong. It's actually doing the opposite. I am refusing to buy packs or use the bidding hall until they remove the shouts.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ouch! You've not been able to turn off the WC after all this time? b:sad

In Faction and Squad Chat I only have Faction, Squad, Whisper, System (orange), System (olive green, the drops messages) checked.

It works for me. In General, only Combat and Other is checked, but to tell the truth, not sure of this has any affect.

Same as me, I only have WC turned on in Common. Although I do have Damage turned on in General because it is fun seeing your damage sometimes, and that puts it in the secondary chatbox (with exp and sp listings).

Duke is also driving me crazy, Bidding Hall almost more so. It is especially bad when I am trying to interview a potential faction recruit and Bidding Hall spouts out a billion lines of text so I have to scroll back for miles. I will never buy anything there. I loathe it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Katinkova - Dreamweaver
    Katinkova - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It would be easier for Duke to shout out who HASN'T had a perfect token of Best Luck...and yet if you watch it, names keep popping up on a regular basis.

And as for the Auction House....JEEZ, i didn't know 15mins went on for over an hour...

[edit] Also, my PWI School Teaher Daily timer wouldn't start yesterday untill the auction's had stopped >=[
    Katinkova - Cleric - Dreamweaver - SenSei

At the end of the day, it's just a game :)
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Duke is also driving me crazy, Bidding Hall almost more so. It is especially bad when I am trying to interview a potential faction recruit and Bidding Hall spouts out a billion lines of text so I have to scroll back for miles. I will never buy anything there. I loathe it.
    So maybe they see it as a win-win then? They're encouraging people who will buy, and punishing people who won't?
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    mmm... people should use more the private chats : /

Even so, if one don't wanna create a public chat it shouldn't be needed to have a normal conversation with others, that Duke should at least have an interval betwen messages, a long enough interval to let ppl chat without problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Wolfenstine - Harshlands
    Wolfenstine - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wow this is old but i am finally tired of it. Quite frankly I am tired of seeing the same persons name come up in my chat windows.

I buy packs when I can afford to but its not all the time. Personally i don't want people knowing when i get things from the packs when I do buy them.

If this having Duke shout when someone gets something to entice people to buy packs then what they need to do is make it so you get something decent more often. I gave up on getting some of the better stuff. I no longer buy packs hoping to get anything good but more to replenish my token supply. I used to buy them to try to get something good but after 500+ packs (over a couple month time frame) getting basically nothing but tokens that is a turn off.

It really isn't a very good marketing scheme when you open 50 or 100 packs get 49 or 99 packs worth of tokens and a platinum charm. At the same time you see the same persons name pop up 5 or 6 times if not more in the same amount of time you were opening packs.

Bottom line here is get rid of the Duke shouts from when people are opening packs. They aren't very moral increasing and they are annoying.

If nothing else give us a way to turn them off as an option in the game so if we do want to watch to see what people get we can and if we don't we can shut it off. Just my 2 cents.
  • Dellores - Dreamweaver
    Dellores - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The Duke shouts come with the Wraith Attack warnings (ppl really wanted those not too long ago). There isn't any way to separate them I guess =/