RauI - Archosaur
RauI - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Assassin
Complete Assassin Guide

I. Introduction
II. Stat Allocation
III. Skills
IV. PVE
V. Instance Running (FBs, BHs, HHs, etc.)
VI. Sage/demon
VII. Types of Assassins
VIII. What is Interval?
IX. What is Stealth?

I. Introduction

This is a guide in which I've compiled the best points of each player that contributed to the Assassins Forum TurboTaxi, ArkToNE, WaffleChan, Trawne, KBar and Typhese if anyone wants to contribute so we finally can have a styckied guide please do so and reply in the missing flaws.
An assassin does exactly what you think an assassin can do, it kills things incredibly fast. Lol, yup, i said it. This class is a mixture of DD (damage dealer) and Crowd Control. Rofl, you can run very quickly, you can teleport, and yes, you can go invisible folks. The assassin class is the only class in perfect world that gives you the feel of a true ninja melee-ranged stealth fighter. Add a near perfected target control (as promised by translated sage/demon skills on foreign forums) with massive damage spikes, and youve got yourself a squishy, yet deadly, assassin. I started using the assassin the day they came out on PWI and have growth with the class since then. Not only will I be embedding my own personal experience into this guide, but the experience of many whove helped create what assassins have become thus far in the game.

TurboTaxi

II. Stats Allocation
~Dex (Optional Vit) Build~

+1 Strength
+4 Dexterity
[If you dont have the coin for good gear/shards, give yourself 20-30 vit]

Endgame:
5 Vitality [20-35 if your poor, rofl.]
5 Magic
117 Strength (So you can wear that Warsoul Helm)
400+ Dexterity

Early game: Many will debate this stat build, and I dont blame them! Cause sins are squishy. Period... well not period, more like comma (lol) or semi-colon. Haha, so here we go: early game, the best thing to do (its up to you) is to give yourself maybe 20-35 vitality points, because early game, you have little to no hp. even with a some hp shards and refines, yur hp is a bit down the dumps! you only notice hp rise if you have +4 and up on all gears with 2-4 socket hp shards on all socketable equips (which takes a ton of coin) so again, if yur poor ^_^ haha throw on some vit points =] it'll look good on ya.

Endgame: You'll realize later that moving those vit points back to Dexterity will help significantly. every 20 dex = 1% more crit + dmg, plus blood paint (skill we acquire at level 34) starts to shine. 2% hp stolen from dmg dealt each hit. Its BEAUTIFUL! Many might say, ''hey, its not a lot... it doesnt sound like a lot... heck, it sounds useless to me.'' But whoa whoa WHOA there dude! 2% of 10,000-15,000 dmg per smack is a whole lot of hp soakage. Especially if you have the coin to go interval, but well talk more about that later. In a nutshell, we assassins are not designed to take a hit at all. The truth hurts. Unless you can cat shop those 24 primeval/savant stones, and 4 socket your gear, +10, charms, pots, etc., squish is the name and damage is the game. With that, please go 1str/4dex =] you wont regret it later on, rofl, trust me.

~Str/Dex Heavy Armor Build~

+1 vit
+2 str
+2 dex

Endgame:
5 Vitality
5 Magic
200+ Strength (for HA and Fists)
200+ Dexterity

This build may sound a bit ridiculous, some might even say its impossible! but low and behold, its possible and done by Couri:

-http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2871/couristats.jpg <- he is buffed here
-http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1346/couricsheet.jpg <- he is unbuffed here

Hey the pictures speak for themselves! honestly i wouldn't try this build unless its really what you wanna do AND have enough coin for it >_< yea, read a few posts down here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=678912 you'll see that he has alot of event gear, and maybe even more now, rofl. ^_^ none the less, he **** lol. another thing about this build is that 1. he can't use his assassin skills and 2. he can't wear any of the endgame daggers. just something else to think about ^_^ go assassins!

(Revised for ACLucious)

TaxiTurbo

III. Skills
Twin StrikeQuickly overpowered by all your other skills. Don't bother with this.
However, I do know a PK sin my level who likes to **** people off by finishing them with the level 10 version of this skill. It's cheap to upgrade and may be worth the yucks at high levels.

Slipstream StrikeThis will be your best friend for a long time.
Level: 8-10.

Tide FormPointless really, but it is fun.
Level it as you desire.

Puncture WoundThis one is great for low to mid levels, but eventually the DoT isn't worth the time it takes to use.
Level: 8 to 10, but only if you are still fairly low (below 60 or 50)
However, in PvP, this would be a good skill to use after you stunned your opponent.
Though I don't PvP much. Anyone want to correct me?

Raving SlashPointless as Tackling Slash soon replaces this.
Level: 1
However, like Puncture Wound, this may have significant PvP uses.

WindpushBoth great for saving time and getting away in both PvE and PvP
Level: 1-5

Shadow WalkI'm sure you will use this ofter, especially if you PvP. Increasing it's level will increase both your stealth level when using it and decrease it's mane drain.
Level: 10

Wolf EmblemPersonally, I rarely use this, but others swear by it. Gives 10 chi
Level: Negligable

Deep StingNot really worth leveling for the minor damage increase. Used for the sleep effect.
I'm going to agree with Taxi and say:
Level: 1-4

"IT SAVES YOUR *** AGAINST ANYTHING THAT POISONS OR CASTS AS A FIRST ATTACK".

Tidal ProtectionMy comment is the same as Wolf Emblem, however I will agree with Taxi again and say it's a must have for end game (especially PvP)
Level: negligable

Focused MindPersonally, I rarely use this, but others swear by it.

Knife ThrowShort cooldown, ranged damage without using a bow, semi-pulling abilities, and a chance to interrupt channeling (70% at level 10 and 100% at Demon), it gives 20 chi

Sharp ObserverLevel: 10 only if you PK a lot. otherwise, negligable.

Cat-like treadLevel: 10 only if you PK a lot. otherwise, negligable.

Rib StrikeYour absolute best PvE skill and best defense against high APS opponents in PvP.

Shadow EscapeLevel: 10

BloodpaintGoing to quote Taxi here:
Interval sin: max it.
Skill spamming sin: get it to level 1 or higher to buff your party. (we love your buffs too BMs and Barbs!) or if you want it to last 30min lv it to 5.

Tackling SlashThere is currently a thread going on about whether this is worth leveling or not, so I shall say:
Level: 1 (if just for chi)
Level: 10 if used for it's stun

Shadow JumpMostly a PvP skill as the High rubberband effect is almost completely nurfing it in dungeons
Each level increases its range by 1.5 meters (it has a range of 16.5 at lvl 1) and decreases its cooldown by 1.5 seconds (28.5 at level one)
Level: as you please

Shadow TeleportEssentially Shadow jump with a 3 second stun and uses 1 spark
Level: as you please

Maze StepsQuoting Taxi again:
This skill is great even at lvl 1, because it already gives you 82% increased movement speed. although it uses 1 spark, its still a good secondary escape/moving skill. In pvp it works wonders against those stuns/immobilizes/paralyzes. also works great against those bishops in FCC.

Inner Harmony1.5 sparks at level 1. 2 sparks at level 10. yet it takes a total of 3mil coins at 4mil spirit to get it to level 10. We already have Dragon Strike which gives 1.5 sparks and Tackling Slash which gives 1/2 a spark. By the time 2 sparks will be needed for Demon/Sage sparkburst, one should have 1.54 - 2.0 aps anyway, giving a great chi gain.

Deaden NervesExpensive, but not as much a Inner Harmony. Leveling only decreases the cooldown; 4.8 minutes at level 1, 2 minutes at level 10.
Mostly a PvP skill, but has a few uses in PvE, namely the balls in TT.
Level: 1, but it could be worth it if you can afford it.

Chill of the DeepThere is A LOT of debate going on about this ones usefulness.
It's great for skill spamming, one-shotting, and reducing your attack speed to keep from stealing aggro (the increased attack level does not make up for the lost APS for auto-attacking IMO).
Level: 1-3 for agro control
Level: Experiment and find out which you prefer if you use it for skill spamming

Rising Dragon StrikeAnother chi building skill. Debate is doing on whether its worth leveling for the damage or not.
Level: 1 just for chi
Level: 5-7 for damage

Throat CutI use this skill very rarely except in FCC as a follow up to Tackling Slash on the bishops for another stun.
Going to quote taxi again as I know little of its use outside that:
I honestly believe that this skill has been underrated by many due to its long casting/channeling time. But imo it's a fantastic skill to mix up with. expecially in pvp. comboed with Tackling Slash and you basically have a stun. not to mention its silence lasts for a whopping 4 seconds, rofl. not to mention its fabulously high damage. get it if you want to.

Earthen RiftOptional skill until FCC as sins aren't designed for taking on multiple enemies. We are much more effective killing one at a time.
Level 1-3 until FCC
Level 6-10 for FCC

Head HuntYour most powerful attack and main stun skill. Mostly useful in PvP as it uses 2 sparks, but its essential in FCC.
Level: 10 for PvP and FCC

Power DashDont have this, so I'll quote Taxi once more:
Deals a damage equals to your basic physical attack plus an extra amount of physical damage.
Increases your Critical Chance lasts for 8 seconds.
This skill is absolutely fantastic. it doesn't matter if youre an interval sin or skill spammer. At lvl 10, for a whopping 8 seconds, this gives you 40% EXTRA CRITICAL CHANCE. yup, I said it. combine this with your damage buffs and AoE skills or your increase attack speed skills and youll be hitting like a stampeding musculized football player with steel plated pads and helmet. Absolute MUST at Endgame.

Interval Sins Side Note: Many people dont know this, but this attack is one of our only skills that auto attacks after you cast it, which is perfect for us interval sins. combo it with any of these: 3spark, tangling mire, extreme poison, frenzy, any skills, etc. (get creative guys! ^_^)

Subsea StrikeHere's where we start to be able to some AoE
Peronally, I use the following combination: Tangling Mire - Subsea - Earthen Rift
If anything is left, follow with: Rising Dragon Strike - Sparkburst - auto all left standing.
This is a must have for FCC, especially as its Deep Poison effect stacks with Heavens Flames effect.
Level: 10 by 7x for FCC

Dagger DevotionLevel: 10

Typhyse

Also note if you want other sins opinion visit:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1068551

IV. PvE & PvP
Killing mobs out there can get a bit tricky for the assassin, considering how squishy we are. So unfortunately, each mob will take some tactics to control their damage on you, and maybe even silence having to it all together. We really cant take more than a few hits, so concentration is key when fighting mobs. If you can, invest in a Gold HP Charm. At early levels, we have such low HP so that charm will be with you for a very long time. Take advantage of the Tideborn quests also, since the end quest rewards you with a Platinum HP Charm, rofl.

In Squads: Youll be the squad's insurance. Meaning, youll be watching out for those extra mobs the casters/archers in the back that might be taking aggro. Sometimes the barb won't beable to hold all aggro especially when your squad dd is doing a ton of single target damage. Control that Crowd yoooooo.

Physical Mobs: Start off with Rib Strike then DD skills unless you want to stop his atks entirely then mix it up with Throat Cut, Head Hunt, Tele stun, Deep sting. Genie skill: Occult ice (optional)

ACLucious - ''When fighting a melee mob, use Tackling Slash and position yourself right in the middle of them. if you do this, rofl, for 9 whole seconds, the mob wont beable to hit you with his melee attacks because its too busy trying to position itself next to you! lol.''

Magic Mobs: Stop their initial channeling with Deep sting then hold them in place with Tackling Slash, then you can DD skills and stop more of their channeling with another Deep Sting, Knife Throw, Throat Cut then DD skills until theyre dead. Genie skill: Occult ice (optional)

Archer Mobs: Start off with Deep Sting, position yourself, then Tackling Slash to keep them in place. DD Skills until theyre dead.

Bosses: Rib Strike to slow their melee damage on the tank, and do it every 30 seconds. You can also use Subsea Strike to increase the overall damage the party does.

(Revised for ACLucious)

TurboTaxi

These combos may be useful but dont stay with them since when you get Spark Eruption and your main DD skills there won't be a need to have combos just normal attacks will do the job.
Analyzing PvP
One of the Assassin's greatest assets is it's PvP capabilities. Although the strategies are not perfect and still in development, this will give you some heads up on the classes.

Barbarian: Common mistake is believing they can't be hurt. Be sure to have Deaden Nerves up or else they will attempt to One Shot you with Armageddon. This is a very difficult class to defeat for an Assassin. Not only does this class have a lot of HP, but they also have the defense to match it. In order to combat them on even grounds, you must first lower their defense with various Genie skills such as Tangling Mire. Keep them stun locked as long as possible. If all your stuns are in cooldown and the Barb is nowhere near dead, it is a good idea to flee the scene. Rib Strike will also play a major role in this fight.

Blademaster: Common mistake is believing your daggers can't go through Heavy Armor. Tidal Protection for Axe Wielders, Focus Mind the others. A difficult class to defeat, but not impossible. If you can, start the fight at max distance since your max Knife Throw will have an outstanding 35 meters range and keep kiting them until they can no longer be kited. Much like Barbs, you want to lower their physical defense with Tangling Mire, Stun Lock, and be sure to Rib Strike them. Also note that another way to kill them is with Metal Genie Skill named Thunderstorm (Level 7 Fire Based, which makes no sense to me). If you strike them with Power Dash level 10 at level 80 or so, you'll have a good 60% chance of landing a critical hit on top of triple damage if target is on ground and double if you are close to them (1200% Genie Damage on crit). Choose carefully though, a good Tangling Mire genie is STR based and a good Thunderstorm genie is DEX based.

Venomancer: Common mistake is actually WALKING to your target when you should teleport to them right when pet approaches.Don't use your important buffs, such as Tidal Protection, until purged. Under normal circumstances, Venomancers will not be an issue, but the real issue comes from the ones that have Phoenix and Hercules pets. The key to defeating these Venos is to dive underwater. There are several options while you're in the water, one is to knife throw if they're not too far above water, but once they dive into the water, teleport to their side and assault them quickly before they can pull out a water pet. If they refuse to dive in the water, simply knife throw them while several meters underwater to avoid attacks. If the Veno proves to be more powerful than you thought, you can simply hide or use Tide Form to flee the scene. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Clerics: Common mistake is believing only squishy Clerics exist. Tidal Protection is definitely a must in this fight. While Clerics are very squishy, it does not change the fact that they're less squishy than Assassins (especially the Light Armor type) and that they can make Assassins even squishier. If a Cleric catches you off guard, pray that they will not one shot you with Tempest while you're slept. Then the other issue is getting past their Plume Shell, a skill that reduces all physical damage by 80% at the cost of MP, in which case you don't. Your best friend in this fight is the invisibility feature due to Plume Shell and be very sure that you're not near any monsters. The reason why you do not want to be near any monsters or other players while invisible next to a target Cleric is because of their ability called Siren's Kiss (an AoE with a 12m radius <24m diameter> for a level 1 skill). They might attract attention of the monster this way, but killing the Assassin takes priority over killing the monster when it comes to Clerics. Once Plume Shell is over, be sure to keep them stun locked, or they will use that opportunity to seal you before you seal them. Overall, a very tough fight against a veteran Cleric.

Wizard: Common mistake is going invisible while they're casting, should knife throw > teleport > deep sting instead.A favorable fight for the well-prepared Assassin. The key to victory here is landing that first shot to keep them attempting to kite. Do note that they CAN Distance Shrink (aka Teleport) while immobilized, so be sure to have Shadow Jump maxed to keep up with them. Throat Cut, Deep Sting, Knife Throw, Shadow Teleport, and Headhunt will be your best friends in this fight, as they are all means of interrupting casts. Note that most of the Wizard's most powerful skills have a long cast time, so it'll be plenty of time to nail them with Throatcut if you must. Although, if you're going to interrupt them, be sure to interrupt them early and fast, because once they cast Sutra, they'll be casting 2 very painful spells a second.

Archer: Common mistake is believing it'd only take a few hits to kill a prepped archer. Be sure to have Tidal Protection on for this fight. Perhaps one of the easier classes to fight due to the fact that they cannot flee from the Assassin to get into good range. Turn invisible until up close and nail them as hard as you can at close range. Be sure not to let them escape. A genie with immunity to metal damage can make this an impossible fight for an Archer due to the fact that Metal Skills are the only skills that's damage is not influenced by distance. Other than that, they can only do half damage the entire fight in melee range.

Psychic: Common mistake is killing yourself for being impatient.Psychics can potentially be easy targets or Assassin's worst nightmare. While their magic attack is quite powerful, it's not what makes them so dangerous. What makes them dangerous is if they're severely aware of how to raise their Psychic (instead of grinding, they farm for mats to craft; they're slow levelers, but extremely dangerous for their level) and their defensive skills. Their true damage is when you strike AT them. Not only is the reflected damage outrageous, but the stun per hit is rather outrageous as well. Your best friend in this fight is to bleed, deep sting, and headhunt. If you cannot kill them within a few moves, hide and get out of there.

Assassin: Perhaps one of the trickiest fights. There are far too many variables that will change the outcome of this fight, so when it comes down to it, it's really who has the better prepared Genie. One really good Thunderstorm and your fellow Assassin will either fall or be shot out of Deaden Nerves easily. On contrary to popular belief, maxing Sharp Observer will not allow the Assassin of same level to see an Assassin with max Cat-like Thread and a slightly higher stealth skill level. Therefore, MOST evenly matched Assassin matches will end up in a stalemate.

ArkToNE

V. Instance Running (FBs, BHs, HHs, etc.)
Greetings, my fellow fishmen. I know, I know, "Assassins are awesome! High DPS, invisibility, plus Bloodpaint makes you practically invincible!" However, you aren't as special as you might think. Bloodpaint can only heal you for so much, after all. Sometimes, you've gotta get a squad. Unfortunately, not all of you have realized this. I can count on one hand the number of assassins that actually know how to play well with a party. So to help all of you Prima Donnas (and I don't use that as a derogatory term) I've decided to create a simple guide to help you be a team player. Trust me, the rest of your party will be greatful.

1: Rib Strike early, Rib Strike often.Your Rib Strike ability isn't just a great spike damage skill. As you can read in its skill description, Rib Strike gives the added bonus of lowering an opponent's attack speed. So use this as often as you can, especially on bosses, as lower attack speed means the tank takes less damage and the cleric doesn't have to spam heals as much.

2: Guard your cleric.Your high damage, debuff attacks and teleportation skills means you can kill and maneuver around the battlefield quickly. It's best to use these skills to keep mobs off of your cleric. If your cleric manages to take aggro due to healing, you can:
1. Shadow Teleport (your teleport stun move) and Throatcut to stun and silence the mob, effectively removing it from play until either you and/or your party can kill it.
2. If your telestun and silence attack is on cooldown, use your other teleporting ability (Shadow Jump) and Tackling Slash to get to the mob and keep it from moving so that your cleric can maneuver out of its aggro range while you kill it. Deep Sting also works well if Tackling Slash is on cooldown.

3:Control your anger...and aggro.As a high-DPS class, you generate aggro quite easily. Indeed, not knowing how to control aggro well is one of the top ways to get killed quickly. Luckily, you have two built in skills that can make aggro control pitifully easy:
1. Chill of the Deep. I can already hear some of you balk at the mere mention of the skill. Who would want a skill that actually lowers attack speed? Sure, it gives a minor attack level boost, but it's not even remotely equal to the damage you can put out without the buff on. However, you're in a party, so unfortunately damage isn't everything; Survival is. Chill of the Deep is almost essential for aggro control on bosses, as your lowered attack speed means you can let the tank do his job without any real worry (plus, it gives Rib Strike a nice damage bonus, so it's not all bad). Plus, casting it a second time ends the effect, so you can activate it when you start a boss, then deactivate it when the boss's health is about halfway gone, as by then the tank will likely have the boss's complete attention, letting you cut loose and take out the other half of the boss's HP quickly.
2. Shadow Escape. This skill is absolutely essential to aggro control, as casting it completely removes you from the aggro table. Use this for those moments when you actually take aggro away from the tank, so that you don't die, the tank can easily regain aggro, and no one gets mad at you for a party wipe.

4:Subsea Stike= more damage for all!
Your Subsea Strike skill is an AoE that increases the damage mobs take for a set amount of time, similar to the Dragon that BM's have. The best part is, they stack! So if a BM is in your party, use this as soon as you see the dragons, as that means more damage for everyone.

5: Bloodpaint your tank.
As you know, Bloodpaint lets you regain health equal to a percentage of damage you deal, so you want to cast this on your tank the moment he pops in the instance. In fact, it's great for everyone else in your party that's melee DPS, as it lets them get the bloodsucking benefits you get. Luckily, Bloodpaint is an AoE skill, so you just cast it when the cleric's casting buffs and you're good!

That's about all I can think of for now, I'll add more if I can come across anything else that could be helpful. Now go out there, and be a team player!

KBar

KBar's Guide Assassins being team players
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=871112

VI. Sage/Demon

Sage/Demon Skills

http://www.ecatomb.net

VII. Types of Assassins

Interval sin: They rely on very fast regular hits + buffs. (All interval comes from gear + demon spark, so if you want to go this way, youll be spending a pretty penny. You can get wind shield or relentless courage on your genie for more speed on the side. Unfortunately they dont stack with demon spark though.)

Why: Can kill single targets very quickly (High DPS). Can tank with blood paint up. Demon skills portray longer stuns/immobilizes/paralyzes.
__

Skill Spammer: well, the name says it all. (Not as expensive build as interval, so you can get by with the regular gear setup)

Why: Sage skills focus on higher spike damage (High DPH). Can spike crit AoE damage with clever skill combos. Gains sparks very fast with sage skills.

VIII. What is Interval?
Interval, interval, interval. It's all about speed when it comes to us assassins. 'Well wait man, how can we be faster than we already are?' Well let me tell you. Have you ever seen gear that included modifications that look like (increase attack interval -.05 or -.10)? These gear increase how fast you attack per second! This is an excerpt from the amazing ElenaCostel's Intro to basic Intervals.

Mathematically, attack speed is defined as the "number of attacks per second" or "attacks divided by time". This is the number listed in the weapon description and character menu. That value in the menu is the number of attacks made in 1 second. The attack duration (also called attack interval) is the entire time it takes to execute a single attack, including "cooldown" prior to the next attack. These values are inverses of each other.

1/Attack Speed = Attack Duration
1/Attack Duration = Attack Speed
Now, for an example, for those eager beavers, that are still slightly confused.

A dagger attacks 1.25 times per second, which basically states each duration of the attack animation takes 0.8 seconds.

1/1.25 atk/s = 0.8 s/atk
1/0.8 = 1.25

See? This is how you convert attacks per second into interval and vice versa.

So how does this apply to me?
Basically, the more attacks you do per second, the more damage you accumulate over time, thus making us one of the best damage dealers in game.

There is the possibility to reach that max attack speed on assassins, in the following section, we will learn how.

What about increased attack speed by a %?
In order to calculate attack speed by a %, you can follow this formula

Start by converting the attack speed to interval by dividing 1 by the speed:
Ex. 1 / 1.25 = 0.8
Next put it in the following formula (interval) x (1 - % increase)
Ex. (0.8) x (1 - .25 [demon spark]) = .6, or 1.67 atk/s

If you find yourself with a non valid interval (not divisible by .05) then round down to the nearest interval.
to the hard work of Sneakret, we have all the breakpoints conveniently listed:

Dagger Interval Chart In Attacks Per Second(-.05 increments )
Normal Rate(A.P.S)...... (cleric skill 20%)RB............................Demon Spark(25%)
1.25...................................(1/.65) : 1.53..........................(1/.60) : 1.67
1.33(1/.75)..........................(1/.60) : 1.67..........................(1/.55) : 1.82
1.43(1/.70)..........................(1/.55) : 1.82..........................(1/.50) : 2.00
1.54(1/.65)..........................(1/.50) : 2.00..........................(1/.50) : 2.00
1.67(1/.60)..........................(1/.50) : 2.00..........................(1/.45) : 2.22
1.82(1/.55)..........................(1/.45) : 2.22..........................(1/.40) : 2.50
2.00(1/.50)..........................(1/.40) : 2.50..........................(1/.35) : 2.86
2.22(1/.45)..........................(1/.35) : 2.86..........................(1/.35) : 2.86
2.50(1/.40)..........................(1/.30) : 3.33..........................(1/.30) : 3.33
2.86(1/.35)..........................(1/.30) : 3.33..........................(1/.25) : 4.00
3.33(1/.30)..........................(1/.25) : 4.00..........................(1/.20) : 5.00
4.00(1/.25)..........................(1/.20) : 5.00..........................Capped at 5 A.P.S

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/574/167g.png
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1909/222proof.png

These properties can be found via demon spark, genie skills like relentless courage/wind shield, cleric's heaven's wrath, etc.

In order to achieve 5 attacks per second, you will need the following:
-A level 6 or 7 tome with -.05 interval (PanGu'sor Love: Up and Down )
-TT99 Ashura's Bracer'sand Boots
-G15 Nirvana Myriad Blossom Greaves or Shadow Ashura Greaves
-G13 Nirvana daggers: Barrier Thorn-Nirvana
-TT99 Physical Defense Ornaments, Lionheart necklace/belt
-Rank 4 or 6 armor.
-Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade

There are a number of low level gear that you can wear to have some interval as well:
TT80 daggers, Hook and Thorn
Legendary gloves, Bracers of Blood Moon
Rank 4 armor, Counterstream Armor
TT80 Spirit Eater's Bracer

WaffleChan

IX. What is Stealth?
Let's start with how stealth and awareness levels are determined.

Equation for Stealth level: Stealth level = Character level + level of stealth skill used (shadow walk or escape) + Cat-like Tread

Awareness level = Character Level + Sharp observer skill + Detection potion

For most Awareness level will be just their character level as only sins get sharp observer and the potions aren't cheap.

To see a stealth assassin your awareness level must EQUAL or be greater than their stealth level.

Example: A level 60 assassin with 7 Cat like tread and 10 shadow walk has a level of 84 in stealth. This means any player level 84 and above can see him.

An assassin level 66 with level 6 sharp observer has an awareness level of 84 and will see the level 60 assassin. At 65 he would only have 83 awareness levels and would not see the 60 Assassin.

Detection Potions
my sin is 61 with 5 levels of cat-like tread and 8 levels of shadow walk
61 + 10 + 8 =79

first subject was a 58 veno. veno could not see me alone (obviously). if the pot was correct, he should still not be able to see me
58 + 20 = 78
78 < 79

after using the pot this veno was able to see me however, supporting that the pot did give 30 levels.

a 44 veno could not see me before nor after using the pot
44 + 20 = 64
44 + 30 = 74
both are < 79

at 78 could not see me. a 79 player could.

This shows that they add 30 levels though the description says 20. Detection potions allow non-assassins to see stealthed assassin of their level or lower. A Level 93 archer using a detection potion will see any sin 93 and lower. He will not see a 94 or higher sin though.

Shadow Escape usage in boss fights:
Shadow Escape can be used to reset your threat level in boss fights against bosses that are not level 150. In order to reset your threat level the boss MUST be attacking you directly. If you just use Shadow Escape and the boss is not targeting you, it will NOT reset your threat level. I like to use this when doing BH. Note that in Twilight Temple all bosses are level 150 so this will not work in here.

Shadow Escape can also be used to pull monsters from a group. aggro the monster and run. Have another member of your squad grab the monster you want then you shadow escape making all the other monsters go back to their spawn point. Make sure your cleric knows not to heal you while you do this or the monsters.

Shadow Escape can also be used to do BH runs unwined. This is very tricky and requires an experienced team. The sin runs ahead of the squad getting aggro on every mob with the squad following behind. Once you reach a safe spot where no monsters are Shadow Escape and the monsters will reset. Again this is very difficult for people not experienced and for most this will just end in squad wipes.

Trawne http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=691292
Endless Double Sparker
This combo set is design for levels 65~70 and up to help maintain double spark status in a prolonged battle.

Chi 1 (200 Chi): Tackling Slash > Rising Dragon Strike > Spark Burst+
Chi 2 (205~250 Chi): Tackling Slash > Inner Harmony > Spark Burst+
Chi 3 (150 Chi): Shadow Escape > Tackling Slash > Spark Burst+
Chi 4 (50 Chi): Tackling Slash > Spark Burst+
Chi Pre-emptive (30 Chi): Knife Throw > Wolf Emblem

In a prolonged fight you use it in this order:

Chi 1 > Chi 2 > Chi 1 > Chi 3 > Chi 4 > Start Over
ArkTone
Post edited by RauI - Archosaur on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Facepalm -_- why not just edit your earlier thread ? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • RauI - Archosaur
    edited October 2010
    what thread?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This one http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=901772. One thread down...

Ugh...there was a really good thread about a sin's place in instances. Let me see if I can find that.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • RauI - Archosaur
    edited October 2010
    dam im using the schools pc they are just bad, the internet comes and goes it was a bit mistake there of my part.
  • RauI - Archosaur
    edited October 2010
    when u find the thread Ty post it in frost thread or here so I update section V.b:victory
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    when u find the thread Ty post it in frost thread or here so I update section V.b:victory
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=871112
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • RauI - Archosaur
    edited October 2010
    Thx Ty for finding this thread.b:pleased
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Thx Ty for finding this thread.b:pleased

You're welcome, and welcome back.

Alright Mods, here you go; pure awesomeness. Now sticky this already :3
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The interval gear section of waffle's guide still needs to be fixed. Replace it with this.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The thread is now 'sticky'. Good job RauI and thanks. Everybody please feel free to add some extra info to the guide if needed.
    If there's something else I can help with please send me a PM.
    Regards.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    -throws up arms in excitement-
    Awesome!
    -highfives RauI and all the other contributors-
    ~Spazz~
  • RauI - Archosaur
    edited October 2010
    look Tyafter all of these months we sins go sticky, it happens when you compileall the helpful info from many players into 1 threadb:victory

Okeano I updated it.
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The one thing that wasn't mentioned for a fight with a BM:

If you check their gear before the fight and see they are -int style, and they have all the -int to be a 4.0 aps base. If you can't drop them BEFORE your sleep/stun/sleep/etc combo wears off, run, RUN. They will turn around Roar w/o concern and pound you into dust before you can blink.
    They could also just use Drake Bash, or Aeolian blade, both of which have a very high chance to cause a 3-6 second stun which can easily **** your assassin over.

But this is just a tip for other assassins ;)
  • The_Massacre - Raging Tide
    The_Massacre - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    pfft bm's xD, let's faceroll 'em :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] - E.D.N.T.H.O.O.E.I.S.B: "Extreme Dex Nuke The Hell Out Of Everybody/Everything In Sight Build"

The path I chose is this, terrorizing anyone my daggers touch, sacrificing a pitiful bit of defense for amazingly high hits and crits, watching as everyone I come across hits the floor before they can react to my devastating hits, seeing them vanish in despair knowing they just got nuked. b:cool Yeah if this is wrong I don't want to be right. This is my build and the way I chose, 10x's are hating, but they don't know me. - Rated PG
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    I hate fighting BMs...
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    I hate fighting BMs...

You won't as much once you hit demon, if you are going demon that is...
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    You won't as much once you hit demon, if you are going demon that is...

I think I am.
    ~Spazz~
    edited October 2010
    HA vs LA.....

HA wins.

A sin learned that the hard way outside west arch when he tried to surprise me today ^.^. He lost, very horribly. Even though he was ~10 lvls my senior xD
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    HA vs LA.....

HA wins.

A sin learned that the hard way outside west arch when he tried to surprise me today ^.^. He lost, very horribly. Even though he was ~10 lvls my senior xD

HA vs LA, HA can't move while getting hit at ridiculously fast speed, HA lose. 10 levels higher? I can drop a 91 BM w/o any form of sparking...

Everyone and their mother is making a Sin alt (and fists BM alt). You'll run into plenty that don't know wtf they are doing, because pirates don't teach you peeekaay.
    edited October 2010
    Like i've said many, many, many, many, many, many! times before....it doesn't matter your class or your build so much as if you have the skill to back it up. Not meaning you can have a pure mag sin and kill everyone, i'm not saying that at all, i'm just saying if you can out class the person behind the other computer and not mess up horribly, you won't lose. (30 extreme dex sin 3 hits bms) eat it son :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] - E.D.N.T.H.O.O.E.I.S.B: "Extreme Dex Nuke The Hell Out Of Everybody/Everything In Sight Build"

The path I chose is this, terrorizing anyone my daggers touch, sacrificing a pitiful bit of defense for amazingly high hits and crits, watching as everyone I come across hits the floor before they can react to my devastating hits, seeing them vanish in despair knowing they just got nuked. b:cool Yeah if this is wrong I don't want to be right. This is my build and the way I chose, 10x's are hating, but they don't know me. - Rated PG
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    That's why I can get pwned by a sin 10+ levels below me with noob gear, while I have almost all rank/TT/mold gear. It's all about skill, especially with sins.
    (BTW, I don't PvP much)
    ~Spazz~
    edited October 2010
    HA vs LA, HA can't move while getting hit at ridiculously fast speed, HA lose. 10 levels higher? I can drop a 91 BM w/o any form of sparking...

Everyone and their mother is making a Sin alt (and fists BM alt). You'll run into plenty that don't know wtf they are doing, because pirates don't teach you peeekaay.

Dude was blood red :)

Was awesome when he dropped since I got some nice gear I sold in AH and catshop for coinage :3

Also sold him back his chest xD (nice little profit off that).
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    gfg, ***, gfg.

i am insulted and offended. random out of nowhere guide made of pure laziness copy pasta of OTHER people's work gets sticky, but those who actually make an attempt at a valid one get shafted. not only did you -steal- my work without permission, you didn't even credit it to me. my name is mentioned once in the intro, and that aint right. good job ***, good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
    edited October 2010
    gfg, ***, gfg.

i am insulted and offended. random out of nowhere guide made of pure laziness copy pasta of OTHER people's work gets sticky, but those who actually make an attempt at a valid one get shafted. not only did you -steal- my work without permission, you didn't even credit it to me. my name is mentioned once in the intro, and that aint right. good job ***, good job.

You know what, he credited you, and it is what it is. Don't be a whiney troll (even though we know you are) :) he compiled all of the best data from the other guides and compiled it into one neat and straight to the point guide. It may not be original, but at least his was good enough to get stickied :) GFGFGFGFGFGF TOLOLOLLOLOLOLLL

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Even if he didn't *credit* you, he did put it in a quotes, so it's not *stealing.*
    QQ moar...
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Dude was blood red :)

Was awesome when he dropped since I got some nice gear I sold in AH and catshop for coinage :3

Also sold him back his chest xD (nice little profit off that).

Point? Not exactly hard to get redname killing lowbies as a Sin, since they don't even get the chance to see you and run.
    You know what, he credited you, and it is what it is. Don't be a whiney troll (even though we know you are) :) he compiled all of the best data from the other guides and compiled it into one neat and straight to the point guide. It may not be original, but at least his was good enough to get stickied :) GFGFGFGFGFGF TOLOLOLLOLOLOLLL

Hardly the best data. Most of the guides were tl;dr for me, but now that I look at it, TurboTaxi's PvP guide is a joke. Start the fight against BM with knife throw? Keep kitting them? No wonder Sins QQ about not able to kill BM. Don't buff against Veno because they might purge you? Try to take them to water LMAO? OP is 59 with 0 PvP kill. He can't tell the best data if it hit him on the head.

Note that some of these guides were written not long after the class just came out, and are outdated. If anything, I'd perfered a list of links to all the guides.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    That PvP guide was likely written for duels...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • RauI - Archosaur
    edited October 2010
    Maybe, but if you guys got some good pointers on fighting any of the classes im willing to update it just repy it here.
    edited October 2010
    Point? Not exactly hard to get redname killing lowbies as a Sin, since they don't even get the chance to see you and run.

Hardly the best data. Most of the guides were tl;dr for me, but now that I look at it, TurboTaxi's PvP guide is a joke. Start the fight against BM with knife throw? Keep kitting them? No wonder Sins QQ about not able to kill BM. Don't buff against Veno because they might purge you? Try to take them to water LMAO? OP is 59 with 0 PvP kill. He can't tell the best data if it hit him on the head.

Note that some of these guides were written not long after the class just came out, and are outdated. If anything, I'd perfered a list of links to all the guides.

Not a lowbie. Dude was at least 99. His gear told me that much :P
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Not a lowbie. Dude was at least 99. His gear told me that much :P

I didn't say he's a lowbie. I said him being red has nothing to do with his "skill" since it's not exactly hard to get red as Sin.