Map is free for all! Enjoy :D

Andres - Dreamweaver
Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Tideswell (East)
Calamity core has left, we have started a new faction. The map is now officially free for all.

Enjoy it Dreamweaver b:kiss
[sigpic][/sigpic]
We came, we saw, we painted it red.
10/10/10 Calamity
Post edited by Andres - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• TehZsw - Dreamweaver
    TehZsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Farewell Calamity
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

WHAT? O___O'

You're joking, rightrightrightrightright? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Calamity core has left, we have started a new faction. The map is now officially free for all.

Enjoy it Dreamweaver b:kiss

dont bother calling yourself the calamity core. if you truly were the calamity core you woulda stuck it through like the people who are still here working to keep cala alive yet you and a few others rage quit cause of one issue that didnt even involve you only had one side of the story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well that's no fun. :< I wanted a fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ...Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Over half of the Cala active TW roster left faction today, more will be coming when the time is right.

I won't get into arguments with those who remain in Calamity, they must have their reasons which I won't argue. What I don't apreciate is your accusation, specially since you yourself ragequit Calamity to join Bushido.

As I was saying, have fun with the map Dreamweaver, we'll be seeing you around very soon b:victory
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Gal_Tink - Dreamweaver
    Gal_Tink - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    why would calamity members just up and quit and make a new faction? dont seem right? seems a lil suspicious to me
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    why would calamity members just up and quit and make a new faction? dont seem right? seems a lil suspicious to me

oh, it wasn't like we just thought about it one day and decided on this, a lot of things happened which led to this, but it wasn't discussed much, not even most of cala knows what is going on lol.

but anyways, people will get to have that rainbow map they always wanted :D
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Gal_Tink - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    well i wouldnt assume it was longed planned. but im just going to hush and keep my mouth shut. i have friends there or had friends there and now idk whats going on i log on and see people talking about whats happened from what they heard and im stunned
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Over half of the Cala active TW roster left faction today, more will be coming when the time is right.

I won't get into arguments with those who remain in Calamity, they must have their reasons which I won't argue. What I don't apreciate is your accusation, specially since you yourself ragequit Calamity to join Bushido.

As I was saying, have fun with the map Dreamweaver, we'll be seeing you around very soon b:victory

and you went to eq b:bye

and im still in cala you left again... hmm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Gal_Tink - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    p.s there are other ways to make a rainbow map instead of making a new faction and sorta disbanning, its called letting map go or letting more factions have a chance to win instead of being stomped on
  • Stabbistabbi - Dreamweaver
    Stabbistabbi - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    p.s there are other ways to make a rainbow map instead of making a new faction and sorta disbanning, its called letting map go or letting more factions have a chance to win instead of being stomped on

quote for truth, this saved lots of factions from totally dieing. at least tw will be challenging now. Oh and by the way, a challenge is not getting steamrolled over b:bye
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    And so begins Andres' and Kasumi's (behind the scenes) reign of terror. b:laugh
    and you went to eq b:bye

and im still in cala you left again... hmm

I only remember Andres being in Equinox then quitting for Calamity, then quitting Calamity for Raging Tides... when did he go to Equinox? I haven't played in so long that I can't even remember things properly. xD So please correct me if I have forgotten something.

While that used to be true, as far as I'm aware, the new TW rules prevents this and gives a ban to the faction who tries it. Unless this has been changed again and not posted on the forums (which are the only PW-related places I visit now).

I'm actually so looking forward to seeing what happens now... good luck to everybody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2010

that's no fun

i like this new thing we're doing lol
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    that's no fun

Kas! <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Escorian just likes to speak up about what he has no clue about, specially when he's upset. I won't drop myself to his level and keep responding to his mistaken accusations.

After joining Calamity in June 2009, I only left the faction, to play on Raging tides for like a week before quitting the game for 4 months

Still, let's not make this thread about me, let's celebrate the beginning of a new map b:pleased
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • DTK - Dreamweaver
    DTK - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *sigh* the one day I come back to say hi to everyone and all this happens. Good luck on the new map
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Escorian just likes to speak up about what he has no clue about, specially when he's upset. I won't drop myself to his level and keep responding to his mistaken accusations.

After joining Calamity in June 2009, I only left the faction, to play on Raging tides for like a week before quitting the game for 4 months

Still, let's not make this thread about me, let's celebrate the beginning of a new map b:pleased

sorry let me say im sorry i responded to this thread i am sticking to what i said about you guys who left were not the core of calamity. The ones who are still in calamity are the core and yet you replied to my post attacking me so iunless i am mistaken i struck a cord with you andres. i am sorry i dropped myself to your lvl and attacked back but i am done with this thread the people who left cala today some were friends and some were "allies" but alot of the people who left today just cared about themselves so i am going to say this to those who hardly helped in cala and left today i say this is a victory for calamity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Neither side (or both sides) has the right to call themselves the core.

This has split Cala down the middle, there are good people on both sides.

This is just sad :( I wanted a fresh TW map, but not like this...
    Wish I could throw blame somewhere to summon some anger instead of this sadness, but I can't...

Oh well, we shall see what the future brings I guess.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    sorry let me say im sorry i responded to this thread i am sticking to what i said about you guys who left were not the core of calamity. The ones who are still in calamity are the core and yet you replied to my post attacking me so iunless i am mistaken i struck a cord with you andres. i am sorry i dropped myself to your lvl and attacked back but i am done with this thread the people who left cala today some were friends and some were "allies" but alot of the people who left today just cared about themselves so i am going to say this to those who hardly helped in cala and left today i say this is a victory for calamity.

how can you even believe in yourself. just disgusting.

been cala since 14 march 2009. like 18 months. so since start. cala been cool and all. but no longer the same, too many joined for greed. talk behind etc..
    and tbh, theres no dam challenge in TW anymore as it was, no faction was/is hard anymore as of cala was before this.

be happy you was even left back in cala, wasnt it for destini u wouldnt be in cala today, cos u made too much drama in past b:laugh
    pack solution lol :P
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ... no longer the same, too many joined for greed. talk behind etc..
    and tbh, theres no dam challenge in TW anymore as it was, no faction was/is hard anymore as of cala was before this...

Can't say people didn't see that coming b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Oh hey Lieal b:bye
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2010

be happy you was even left back in cala, wasnt it for destini u wouldnt be in cala today, cos u made too much drama in past b:laugh
    pack solution lol :P

I resent this remark. He had enough support to rejoin when we left, and his heart was always in the right place. Call me biased, but whatever.

I wasn't going to even reply to this thread, because I've pretty much broken down to the point where I'd quit the game already if I didn't have many friends. I'm taking a few days to think about what to do though. If it ultimately leaves me the choice of completely quitting the game (despite me having unfinished business), then I wish you all lots of luck and love.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Argyle - Dreamweaver
    Argyle - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    that's no fun

think this one explains it more then anything, lol, it's a game, it's supposed to be fun. although i don't agree with this thread being created in the manner it was, i'll defend friends on both sides.

can't really say the core though, cause the core got split in half, well got cut in a disproportional size anyway.

although not the way allot of us would have preferred but now all the people crying for more color on the map will get it, at least until....... lol
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    guys, you look no-name with this default faction icon over your heads, so i made some concept art for regenesis.

regenesis.png

all rights reserved to @internets
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    from my rarified position of just playing the game for fun these days, it seems that cala has finally become a victim of it's own success.

For a long time both EQ and Cala hoovered up the high levels from the next highest factions, people who were looking to TW from the winning side, people who were looking to make a supposed fortune from TW pay (lol I know I know thats another argument) or people who just wanted to be part of a faction where there would always be people with whom they could get their high level instances run.

While this is good for each faction in the short term, long term it just leads to a faction being a collection of names - not a collection of friends. Of course in any large faction cliques will form - some of these cliques can be positive in nature, some however can reinforce each others negative feelings towards the faction, leadership, any percieved wrong. When things come to this stage - drama will happen.

Esco, Andres - I don't think you guys will ever agree on this one, so why not just wish each other well and take the anger out on the TW field.

To the rest of Dreamweaver - perhaps now people will stick with the factions they are in and try and make them the best they can be instead of jumping ship for the "new big thing". This is a chance for the factions who have been trying to challenge for TW in the past to now make and effort and get some land and some fun in TW. Go for it. Good Luck All.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    from my rarified position of just playing the game for fun these days, it seems that cala has finally become a victim of it's own success.

For a long time both EQ and Cala hoovered up the high levels from the next highest factions, people who were looking to TW from the winning side, people who were looking to make a supposed fortune from TW pay (lol I know I know thats another argument) or people who just wanted to be part of a faction where there would always be people with whom they could get their high level instances run.

While this is good for each faction in the short term, long term it just leads to a faction being a collection of names - not a collection of friends. Of course in any large faction cliques will form - some of these cliques can be positive in nature, some however can reinforce each others negative feelings towards the faction, leadership, any percieved wrong. When things come to this stage - drama will happen.

Esco, Andres - I don't think you guys will ever agree on this one, so why not just wish each other well and take the anger out on the TW field.

To the rest of Dreamweaver - perhaps now people will stick with the factions they are in and try and make them the best they can be instead of jumping ship for the "new big thing". This is a chance for the factions who have been trying to challenge for TW in the past to now make and effort and get some land and some fun in TW. Go for it. Good Luck All.

I highly disagree with your first part of the post.
    Cala has been around far too long to be victim of their sucess, they evaded every rock thrown at their path with gallantry.
    Following it until they reached their goal, and the whole collection of names doesn't apply to cala either, if you've been on this server for a while you'd know it.
    You make it sound like they had their ups and downs, which simply didnt happen to the same extend that happened in every other fac.(The numbers were always stable and very very few ppl left them.)

Glad calamity is finally disbanding, although I'd hoped you'd do it more relaxed and with more of a winners attitude rather than the lack of information regarding the disbanding within the faction.

Can't wait to see how much fun the TW scene will be the next weeks and hopefully months. b:pleased
    Thank you.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i have been around since bloodpact days/early 2009. my post wasn't intended to be a flame against cala or eq in any way - just my observations/opinion.

cala has had its ups and downs same as any other faction but I will concede they have always been more cohesive about dealing with it than most factions. even when they were losing a bit of ground to eq, they dug in and fought back and took the server. a lot of factions didnt have that grit. but a lot of that was down the the core members who started cala and have been there providing a stable base for the faction.

I will stand by my statement regarding collection of high level players, it may not have been a deliberate strategy but it is what happens. I guess that says more about the players moving than the faction they are moving to - as someone said in another thread - the grass is always greener on the other side. even if it was a deliberate strategy It would have been a prudent one considering the goal of taking all land on the server.

I agree perhaps TW on the server will be more interesting for a while, and with the new classes - who knows maybe we can get back to enjoying the game ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zmiksowana - Dreamweaver
    Zmiksowana - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    guys, you look no-name with this default faction icon over your heads, so i made some concept art for regenesis.

regenesis.png

all rights reserved to @internets

LoL @ this nub xD

and u guys write too much, cant be bothered to read all, so ill just say that Draal stinks >:/
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    LoL @ this nub xD

and u guys write too much, cant be bothered to read all, so ill just say that Draal stinks >:/

I have to agree - Draal does stink.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
This discussion has been closed.