Mystic?

SwiftShadows - Dreamweaver
SwiftShadows - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Wizard
so physcics already half replace us .... do you guys think mystics will do the full job?

or mystic + psyicics will togeter just make us invisible xD
Post edited by SwiftShadows - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    so physcics already half replace us .... do you guys think mystics will do the full job?

or mystic + psyicics will togeter just make us invisible xD

Your (or my) opinion can change something ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SwiftShadows - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Your (or my) opinion can change something ?

who's talking about changing anything?
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    /Facepalm Dreamweaver Server
    i like potato
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    no1 can replace wizzie for tee-dub ..no1
    b:bye
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think mystics are made to make a male version of venomancers...

They got tricky spells and pets as i heard, just like a fusion between venomancer and psychic.

Nothing really related to wizards...

I really hope they would be able to heal, pwi needs more healing / tank classes.

We'll have 10 total classes: 1 tank class, 1 healing class and 8 dd classes LOL thats a bit stupid.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SwiftShadows - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010

They got tricky spells and pets as i heard, just like a fusion between venomancer and psychic.

I really hope they would be able to heal, pwi needs more healing / tank classes.

We'll have 10 total classes: 1 tank class, 1 healing class and 8 dd classes LOL thats a bit stupid.

i wondair if this game will get even more calsses after that :o
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    PWI has developed 6 DDs because of gear availability.

BMs and WFs were meant to be support. BMs have a variety of stuns, slows, +dmg enhancers, and in diff versions nixes are near impossible to get. Meaning WFs are rollin' out with bees relying on purge, amp, ulti, and stuns to PvP with. This leaves mage and archer as real 'DD' classes, of the original 6 at least. It was quite balanced... now... BMs, sins, barbs and archers can do EVERYTHING. All you need is 3.33 + demon spark, leaving mages psychics in the dust, and to a lesser extent WFs and EPs.

It's not so much game mechanics as it is orgy of -int gear from packs
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2010

BMs and WFs were meant to be support. BMs have a variety of stuns, slows, +dmg enhancers, and in diff versions nixes are near impossible to get. Meaning WFs are rollin' out with bees relying on purge, amp, ulti, and stuns to PvP with. This leaves mage and archer as real 'DD' classes, of the original 6 at least. It was quite balanced... now... BMs, sins, barbs and archers can do EVERYTHING. All you need is 3.33 + demon spark, leaving mages psychics in the dust, and to a lesser extent WFs and EPs.

/agree 100%
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2010

have to agree with amour this time b:shutup
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    How can u talk about replacing or not when ur know nearly nothing about the class.

Anyway , Mystic wont replace wizzies ( psys havent either , they are different classes , but noobs just dont understand this) , they wont replace venos either since their decription says *summons* not pets , Summons disappear in RPGs , pets do not.

But indeed a second average healing class would help clerics calm a bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Thrasymachus - Sanctuary
    Thrasymachus - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm betting that the new OP class from the new race will be heavily skill-based, as opposed to relying on normal attacks for dd. The reason for this, I think, is that if the new class relies on stacking -int gear to be the next OP dd, then existing aps players will just be able to transfer their existing gear to their new character, without having to dump a lot of money into the game for new gear. For this reason, I think the new OP class will rely on stacking -chan to be OP, and that they will perhaps introduce -cast attributes on new gear, since not very many people stack -chan to the max right now, except some endgame casters, and most of those stop in the 30%-40% range. In other words, if the next OP class is just another melee class, PWE won't be able to maximize their profit the way they would if people had to buy a bunch of brand new OP gear.

If I'm right, this can only benefit wizards, in much the same way that stacking -int, which was a phenomena made possible for the purpose of overpowering sins benefits barbs & bms. (I must confess, I have no direct evidence that max -int was made reasonably possible to attain for the benefit of sins, merely the circumstantial evidence of the timing of events and sin's obvious affinity with -int) It's already possible, though pretty expensive, to stack enough -chan to eliminate channeling with demon spark. If mystics come with a -cast aura, or -cast attributes are introduced on new gear enough to halve cast time, wizzies will be able to match a 5.0 bm's dps, while still being able to hit for the really big numbers.

And before someone flames me for having another bad idea, I'm not saying that doing this will be a good idea, or bring balance back. In terms of balance and overall game longevity, I think it's a horrible idea. But I do think that's the way these sorts of ftp games work, sequentially break the game in favor of different class types, so people have to buy brand new gear, as well as the oracles/hyper stones they'll need to bring the new class to endgame and gear it up.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    PWE never made money off aps gear. You can easily farm those. They made money from packs>tokens>hypers.

If next best class is based on aps, then more people will want to level one to max fast with hypers again.
  • Kalibur - Lost City
    Kalibur - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    WELL they did say this mystic can "summon entities" i bet its like a veno that can summon some super fast physical attack pet. EVERYONE SUICIDE
    Below is my Signature dont steal
    b:angry World Domination b:angry
    edited November 2010
    WELL they did say this mystic can "summon entities" i bet its like a veno that can summon some super fast physical attack pet. EVERYONE SUICIDE

Temporary Summon ( possibly) , and on that *super fast * is sth i doubt.

Venos cant be replaced , their roles in squad are so many that new classes need to do everything possible to replace others
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nah venos are just useful for bramble, everyone knows that.

(I'm joking btw)
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't think mystics will replace anything so calm down! XD Every class is unique in its own way :>
    edited November 2010

(I'm joking btw)

Actually there are people out there who think exactly that , makes me feel sad b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2010

o.o holy **** Mystic in the CG render was a boy?
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    im worried it'll happen. If mystics can summon things to tank for them even temporarily, theyll cover up a huge weakness mages have. I guess it all comes down to damage balance. Venos are pretty balanced with theyre pets, but if mystics can DD alone AND summon things... we wiz's might end up unemployed. b:surrender
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    Except for Rebirth, we're unemployed in PvE anyway.
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    Menarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2010

(I'm joking btw)

^This :D
    [Barb w/ zeal + Psy: SoV + Wiz: FB (only on tank) + chi Teas = or > or < Veno?]
    (wondering if that's actually plausible, Idk **** about Psy SoV btw)

Anyways, I'm hoping they will be a more buff/heals oriented veno... (veno+cleric class?) Though knowing PWI they will be another high DPS class... with different summons for different situations (healer summon, magic dmg summon, tank summon, etc).

*goes back to lurking*
    Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.
    ~Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited November 2010
    On the veno note... venos have purge and amp skills... ijs
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    WTF fail tread NO one will be repaced eve, each class have their Unique charactersitics that makes it special, im tired of all the QQ of fail players that think they will be replaced U WONT BE REPLACED, same thing happened with the RT expansion and psy were not avle to replace us, nor we can replace them i have analized carefully all every class skill www.ecatomb.net and they just cant, for example demon/sage BID is still the most crazy magical attack in PWI with base magical attack + 500% of weaphon damage + about 13k of water damage NOTHING and i mean NOTHING hits harder not even clerics tempest with only has 400% of weaphon damage, so BID still hits much harder and also sage BID has 50% chance to increase crit rate by 30% wich means crazy overkilling in TWs and mass PK fests b:thanks aslo physchics doesnt have the ability to aoe dealing costant damage every 3 seconds and they cant even deal fire damage we are the only class that can deal 3 diferent types of elemental attacks etc etc etc so plz dont QQ and play knowing u wont be replaced each class is diferent and exels at diferent areas.
  • BlastingWave - Harshlands
    BlastingWave - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    @Archmage, lvl 11 BIDS will deal slightly less damg than a psy using stone smasher , lvl 100 psy skill, with a sage blackwoodo .

its been calculated that a psy can deal more damg than a wiz using Dragons breath , by spamming ther gazzilion aoes over and over again ,the only advantage of Dragons breath is that it provides a focal point for squad and has 12 metre range .
  • Arcanal - Lost City
    Arcanal - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I seem to remember reading that the earthguard seeker class will have certain buffs that will enhance the damage of earth, water and fire nukes. If so then the next expansion will benefit wizards teaming up with the new class. Classes are never replaced but sometimes the newer classes seem more interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    @Archmage, lvl 11 BIDS will deal slightly less damg than a psy using stone smasher , lvl 100 psy skill, with a sage blackwoodo .

its been calculated that a psy can deal more damg than a wiz using Dragons breath , by spamming ther gazzilion aoes over and over again ,the only advantage of Dragons breath is that it provides a focal point for squad and has 12 metre range .

1st of the psy think they get real DD power thnx to black voodo but what they dont take in consideration is that black voodo alsomakes them damn squishy (as if they were not already squishy :P) second dude. For your info:

Stone Smasher:

Base magical attack + 400% of weaphon damage + 10k earth damage.

Black Ice Dragon Strike:

Base magical attack + 500% of weaphon damage + 13k water damage

If u dont believe me read http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillmy.php

So oviously BID deals much more damage as i already sayed :P so plz dude READ MORE before adding comments w/o even knowing what u talking about b:thanks
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010

1st of the psy think they get real DD power thnx to black voodo but what they dont take in consideration is that black voodo alsomakes them damn squishy (as if they were not already squishy :P) second dude. For your info:

Stone Smasher:

Base magical attack + 400% of weaphon damage + 10k earth damage.

Black Ice Dragon Strike:

If u dont believe me read http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillmy.php

So oviously BID deals much more damage as i already sayed :P so plz dude READ MORE before adding comments w/o even knowing what u talking about b:thanks

sage black voodoo adds 25 attack levels so:

Stone Smasher:
    1.25*Base magical attack + 1.25*400% of weaphon damage + 1.25*10k[/B] earth damage.

= 1.25*Base magical attack + 500% of weaphon damage + 12.5k[/B] earth damage.

Black Ice Dragon Strike:

basic magic attack of a decent lvl 100 psy would be at least 8k (mine is 10k) so 0.25*Basic Magic attack would be 2k vs 0.5k of water dmg. they are pretty similar even if a wizzie has slightly higher weapon damage/base magic attack.

as far as aoes are concerned a psy will deal more damage even without black voodoo

not wanting to turn it into a psy vs wiz fight, both classes are kinda useless pve-wise anyway. as you mentioned black voodoo comes with a cost and there is no stone barrier for us :)
    edited November 2010
    @Archmage
    a wiz and a psy with equal base magic attack and weapon damg , lets say

5000 base magic attack , weapon attack 1500

Stone smasher :
    base mg attack ( 5000 ) + 400% weapon (4 x1500) + 10253 earth damge =21253

sage black woodo = 25 attack lvl

25% of 21253 =5313

so the damg becomes =26566

lvl 11 BIDS :

base mg attack ( 5000) + 500% weapon damg ( 5 x 1500) + 13955 water damg = 26455

Obviously i know what im talking about dunno about you
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You forgot ot include the Critical hit on the lvl 11 dragon if you're sage. b:sad
    edited November 2010
    Yeah , i know its sad to see that BIDS is not the highest magical damging skill but :

stone smasher is lvl 100 so so so so much more costly , has more cooldown so its not that spammable , has a smaller aoe range 8 metres not to mention the damg difference isnt that much and at lvl 100 a good wiz will atleast have 25% channel or more so BIDS will be faster for a wizzy , psys dont get that much channels for themselves, and sage BIDS is just soo damm hawt id take it over stone smasher aytime b:laugh

PS : stone smasher doesnt look half as cool as launching a BIDS b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.