HH 3-1 Disaster

BareBear - Lost City
BareBear - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
Ok, so we finally got up enough guts to try 3-1 since its been changed for a member who needed the quest.
So we get a lvl 101 barb with 21k+ HP. Lvl 88 Cleric with 4khp ( pure ), lvl 96 BM, lvl 89 barb with 16k hp, and off we go.
WE get to Sad Eyes and its a disaster!! Cleric get hit by random agro for 5600(ish) 3x and 8967 another!. After 400k in barbs charm wipe and 4 deaths by the cleric, 2 full party wipes, we surrender and walk away with our tail between our legs.
Now, stupidly for me I guess, I put it on high mode so that we could do all the boss's as we need quite a bit of 9x gear for our members.
Obviously this is not going to happen the way things currently stand so just how the hell is anyone supposed to do this?

8x can't do 8x quests in hh anymore?
I understand the difficulty has been ramped up to do some folks complaining about it being easy to farm b:angry but jeeez!
Post edited by BareBear - Lost City on

Comments

• Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ok, so we finally got up enough guts to try 3-1 since its been changed for a member who needed the quest.
    So we get a lvl 101 barb with 21k+ HP. Lvl 88 Cleric with 4khp ( pure ), lvl 96 BM, lvl 89 barb with 16k hp, and off we go.
    WE get to Sad Eyes and its a disaster!! Cleric get hit by random agro for 5600(ish) 3x and 8967 another!. After 400k in barbs charm wipe and 4 deaths by the cleric, 2 full party wipes, we surrender and walk away with our tail between our legs.
    Now, stupidly for me I guess, I put it on high mode so that we could do all the boss's as we need quite a bit of 9x gear for our members.
    Obviously this is not going to happen the way things currently stand so just how the hell is anyone supposed to do this?

I understand the difficulty has been ramped up to do some folks complaining about it being easy to farm b:angry but jeeez!

They did it to laugh at you, plus they want you to buy more packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stillian - Raging Tide
    Stillian - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Has cleric ever heard about defence charms?
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Defense charms will make no difference XD
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    4K HP is not enough. If you can't pass 5K with pure magic then stat vit. Even at 100, when you run nirvana, you will want 5K HP and nirvana isn't that hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Stillian - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    I didn't die on GBA boss or AE with -50% phy damage charms even when I didn't have 5k hp.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It's more about timing his skills than HP I admit but if you mess up you shouldn't get oneshotted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Stillian - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    That's why charms are needed there.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm sorry to admit I don't know what "Sad Eyes" was before it was localized. Are you referring to the GBA boss?

In that case... I'm pretty sure a squad of two (capable) barbs and two clerics have a better shot. The biggest thing I've noticed with GBA boss is that he will eventually kill the tank and/or someone else, so a second cleric is vital. A veno with a herc (or herc-like pet) is also capable of holding aggro against this boss, if temporarily to buy the clerics time to res.

I've seen a pair of herc venos juggle aggro on this boss; when one herc dies, the other tanks while the first is revived. I've never seen the boss go down yet using this method, but I know it can work in theory. -_- (however, it should be noted that the main herc had Blessing of the Pack in place of its Bash/Pounce)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If you can't do the instance, skip the gear you get from it. Of course you should be able to get it, but if you can't then you just can't.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Get a second cleric and try again.

That 8900 dmg was because the cleric failed to realise that purify = good.
    Next time try using strategy instead of raw power.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So we get a lvl 101 WB with 21k+ HP. Lvl 88 EP with 4khp ( pure ), lvl 96 WR, lvl 89 WB with 16k hp, and off we go.
    WE get to Sad Eyes (wat?) and its a disaster!! EP get hit by random agro for 5600(ish) 3x and 8967 another!. After 400k in WB hiero wipe and 4 deaths by the EP 2 full party wipes, we surrender and walk away with our tail between our legs.

Fixed.

Posting in a Hwilight Hemple thread.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Fixed.

Posting in a Hwilight Hemple thread.

I think you mean Tellish Talls..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As someone who has solo healed this boss before, it's really not all that difficult with 5k HP or so.

Treat it like a territory war: Plume shell spam on cooldown. Purify all debuffs on tank or yourself. 79 Shell if you need to rez someone(or channeling pots).

It's really not all that difficult with the levels you had. That's just ineptitude on your part.

Now for a pre-9x squad, that's very nearly impossible. But it's nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think you mean Tellish Talls..

The Herp-Derp term is Holy Hall, not Hellish Halls.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Give up.

They've created their own little island of PW-MY over there, and are bound and determined to keep it that way.

"Sad Eyes?" Really?

RedMenace

\inb4MichaelDarklecture
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Give up.

They've created their own little island of PW-MY over there, and are bound and determined to keep it that way.

"Sad Eyes?" Really?

RedMenace

\inb4MichaelDarklecture

\Aren't you supposed to be working??
    \\Quit yer Trollin you fail sage sin you!!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It depends on the skill of the cleric. The most dangerous attack is the purge, when Beast says "Soon you will be one of us", use AD to resist. As long as everyone stays buffed the cleric should be able to be on top of the other attacks. She should purify the extreme poison and use defense charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Actually the herp derp is from RT. Sorry to say, but you have some really bad company there. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute