edited December 2010 in Cleric
can they heal? when is it out? are they magic users or meele users?b:thanks
Post edited by Traxxes - Lost City on

Comments

• SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Please read THIS thread on page 19, at the bottom and you'll find the answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Granted she posted three and as of yet not posted any pictures.
    In other words, it's probably fake.
    It's the only thing we got to converse in the mean time. b:victory
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I hope they are a healer class. I also hope the Seeker is a tanker. This is flipping awesome, I can't wait to play them. b:victory
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Some translation, prediction, and discussion saying that mystic :
    1. Might going to have instant heal skill and no overtime heal (some say just aoe)
    2. Some say maybe a summoner but unknown is the summons can tank for them or not
    3. Some say they will become like FW bards

And i feel these new race (or they just future human with third eye, from the description) classes has ability to tank + heal ? b:surrender
    Seeker = paladin ??
    Mystic = priest / wizard + veno ? ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I hope that *instant heal* is gonna have a bunch of mins cooldown so that way we can cut the *competition* off a bit.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We need a second healer class that can't res people. Clerics suck. They're too snooty.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    We need a second healer class that can't res people. Clerics suck. They're too snooty.

It won't be a powerfull and we don't xuck and aren't snooty.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Well, some are, and some aren't.

As for Mystic healing... it'll probably be like some a wizard's heal spell. It heals well, but a longer cool down, but still "spam- able."

I tell you, some of those wizards heal better than a cleric (no lie).

IE: Xaratul b:victory
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah but Morning Dew does have long channeling time but it is good better the PureHearted.Yeah some of us can become snotty not snooty.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    More like: driven to be snooty
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah but Morning Dew does have long channeling time but it is good better the PureHearted.Yeah some of us can become snotty not snooty.
    >_< That is where channeling gear comes in handy. Xar 'N' Xor- the original channel fiends before people thought it was cool (on Sanctuary anyway).
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Sarieanna - Raging Tide
    Sarieanna - Raging Tide Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    After hours of reading chinese and looking through so many off sites here's what i've come up with:

Mystic: basically another cleric type class that is based on more solid heals instead of over time, (ie Iron Heart), and the element preference for attacks is different. Also they seem to have sacrificed some of the buffs for other unique skills i couldn't translate... maybe is buffs other then what we have already or maybe something else who knows. They also seem to have some sort of totem thing giong on but i saw nothing related to it.

Seeker: These guys are a tanker type. They seem to excel in bleed/poison/curses. And the tankability comes from some self buff that dramatically raises both types of defense. They don't have the benefit of tiger form like barbs so hp can't compare... These guys also seem to have some odd totem thing in the background. Maybe totems that do who knows what is to be a racial attribute? Who knows lol. Oh and also seems theiving ability might be valid for those who mentioned earlier. Though it appears not usable on other players.

It seems as though they're replacing clerics and barbs b:cry

Copied and pasted from the thread mentioned in pg 1.
    Thought it might be handy to not flip through pages b:chuckle
    I love my sister, Alex <3
    Even though, I taught her more then she taught me. b:cute
  • Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

I think you need to look here before saying that... http://s3.amazonaws.com/timsstuff/mirror.jpg
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    sorry to tell all you who wanna be a mystic, but clerics are the main healers, the rest are the emergency healers, when psy's came out, we also heard that they were gonna heal but they have a 30 sec cooldown heal, nobody gonna replace us, i do love emergency heals tho, and i think mystics will prolly only have one or 2 heals =]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think you need to look here before saying that... http://s3.amazonaws.com/timsstuff/mirror.jpg

Stop stalking me and trolling and best you look in it.

I would hope that they have res so we don't have to in squad mode if they can keep some of them healed while we concentrate on the Barb.I would say it won't be so bad it is a lot like another game I play as healer as another class can do it but they don't have buffs like the class I play.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    mystic = summoners. can't wait to see how they compete against venos. not sure what kind of buffs they'll have tho.

Seeker = battlemage. based on what i see, these classes ain't replacin anyone. the seeker can infuse magics into his weapon. i'll assume that he can infuse the basic elements like earth and fire and maybe wood, with his weapon infused with elemental damage, he can exploit elemental weaknesses on mobs, he is basically a melee wizard in that regard. i also suspect that the seeker may be the squishiest of the heavy armor classes. based on my experience, a class using 2 handed claymores tend to be focused purely on offence so he won't have much in the the way of defense buffs but offense may be another story, imagine expoitin the weakness of a tough boss:P

this is just my veiw it could be wrong.

on a side note:P think the earthborn are willing to part with the glowy stones on their foreheads?xD
  • Eril - Raging Tide
    Eril - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    A back-up rez would be nice, although if their rez brings back oh say, 80% HP/MP they should only save like 10% exp and have a long *** cool down.

on a side note:P think the earthborn are willing to part with the glowy stones on their foreheads?xD

They are G13 stones that they can imbue in their gear.......

Who wants to help me "harvest" them?b:laugh
    "I'm going to stand here and try to guess how much I'm gonna need to spend on bail by the time someone calls the cops."
    ‎"I'd like to put forward that I'm going to need prior notice if I have to get my hands on anything really illegal."
    "Anderson, don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the entire street."
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    mystic = summoners. can't wait to see how they compete against venos. not sure what kind of buffs they'll have tho.

Seeker = battlemage. based on what i see, these classes ain't replacin anyone. the seeker can infuse magics into his weapon. i'll assume that he can infuse the basic elements like earth and fire and maybe wood, with his weapon infused with elemental damage, he can exploit elemental weaknesses on mobs, he is basically a melee wizard in that regard. i also suspect that the seeker may be the squishiest of the heavy armor classes. based on my experience, a class using 2 handed claymores tend to be focused purely on offence so he won't have much in the the way of defense buffs but offense may be another story, imagine expoitin the weakness of a tough boss:P

this is just my veiw it could be wrong.

and i shall repeat myself again in a thread like this , Venos and Mystics are different till now . Summons in many RPGs are creatures that last for some seconds in order to distract the enemy , that's completely different from having a pet do various thing for u.

i guess this will follow in PW as well , and i may agrre on some parts for the Seeker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    Options
    and i shall repeat myself again in a thread like this , Venos and Mystics are different till now . Summons in many RPGs are creatures that last for some seconds in order to distract the enemy , that's completely different from having a pet do various thing for u.

i guess this will follow in PW as well , and i may agrre on some parts for the Seeker

Actually in one of the original MMOs a summoner was the first pet class.... IE mage (elemental pets)-necromancer(un-dead pets)-shaman(nature pets) all three in one game, so it isnt unrealistic to share a pet class...

PWI seems to be sticking to the two of two trend...

Two light armored blade classes BM/sin
    Two full caster classes Wiz/psys
    Two Pet classes Veno/????Mystic????
    Two Tank classes Barb/???Seeker???

Leaving the cleric/archer the odd ball out.
    edited November 2010
    Options

agree with you completely, i believe the summons will only last for a while to, but i made that post on the assumption that maybe, when skills are leveled, the summons can stick around for a while, most certainly long enough to kill a few mobs. if that is the case, then they can compete with venos, unless the skill had a **** cooldown time. now it could be something entirely different. for all we know the summoned monster may only attack once or twice and then dismiss itself.

they may even make use of soul force to determine how long (or how many attacks) a summon stays around regardless of how they do it, these new classes are gonna be awsome:P
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    vristion wrote: »
    Actually in one of the original MMOs a summoner was the first pet class.... IE mage (elemental pets)-necromancer(un-dead pets)-shaman(nature pets) all three in one game, so it isnt unrealistic to share a pet class...

PWI seems to be sticking to the two of two trend...

Three light armored blade classes BM/sin/Archer
    Three full caster classes Wiz/psys/Cleric
    Two Pet classes Veno/????Mystic????
    Two Tank classes Barb/???Seeker???

Leaving the cleric/archer the odd ball out.

We aren't oddballs out correction.
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    Options
    We aren't oddballs out correction.

Think you are missing the point of "class roles" Archers= range atk Clerics= heal...

so ill fix it..

2 light armored blade classes BM/sin...... Close range damage dealers, off tanks
    2 full caster classes Wiz/psys.........magic damage dealers,
    Two Pet classes Veno/????Mystic????.......utility, benificial support.
    Two Tank classes Barb/???Seeker???.........main tank (meatsacks)

Cleric HEALER/BUF/BENIFICIAL(sorry metal mages, those days are deminishing)
    Archer= Ranged attacks

Which leaves room for later to come "new classes" if they stick by the 2x2 standard...

Which I predict the shaman/druid for second healer (since PWI is kinda of going off track with little chinese lore influences)

And for range, they may use FW's (and other mmo's ideas) and bring us midgets with guns.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Think you are missing the point of "class roles" Archers= range atk Clerics= heal...

so ill fix it..

2 light armored blade classes BM/sin...... Close range damage dealers, off tanks

Archer= Ranged attacks

Which leaves room for later to come "new classes" if they stick by the 2x2 standard...

Which I predict the shaman/druid for second healer (since PWI is kinda of going off track with little chinese lore influences)

And for range, they may use FW's (and other mmo's ideas) and bring us midgets with guns.

No. I am not and besides that BMs are HA and can do the Tanking making Archer the only second LA class.Cleric use magic wich is what all castor class use no matter what they are designed for or have ever played an RPG.
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No. I am not and besides that BMs are HA and can do the Tanking making Archer the only second LA class.Cleric use magic wich is what all castor class use no matter what they are designed for or have ever played an RPG.

Ok vristion...meet brick wall..."hi brick wall!"

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ok vristion...meet brick wall..."hi brick wall!"

Stop being such a A$$ because you are wrong and have been proven that or you can do what Pink Floyd sung to bad you are to young to even know what that is or when the song came out.Here it is
    edited November 2010
    Options

so ill fix it..

Archer= Ranged attacks

BM are heavy armor lol the only light armor class are archers and sins. bms can made a good substitute tank. and as i stated before, and based on the info that was posted on the seekers i may be right, the seekers may be the squishiest heavy armor in the game that focuses on DD and status effects. no class is replaceing anyone. no class will ever be a good a tank as a barb, no class will ever be a good a healer as a cerlic
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I got a question a bit off-topic, but does anyone know if squad capacity will be extended to 8 ?
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    that is something we dont really know , nor PW has implied sth like that

however common logic would be that now with 10 classes , the squad limit could be turned to 7 instead of 6 . 8 would be a bit extreme as more members = easier dungeons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • vristion
    edited November 2010
    Options
    BM are heavy armor lol the only light armor class are archers and sins. bms can made a good substitute tank

I know, I should have chosen my words wisely and used the term "off tanks" or "close range dps" instead of light armor, when discussing squad roles...

Things people seem to forget, "class roles" are simply unbalanced due to the game dynamics un adjusted to the OP state of a players advancements.
  • Pareee - Lost City
    Pareee - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    well, with sutra, wizzy heal is pretty fast and good for those "oh ****" moments.