Guide to catching rare pets

2»

Comments

• JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Armored bear doesnt spawn on the coords that Ecatomb gives. Its on the hill to the west.. umm.. im flying to vol. 30 atm ill get the coords later ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's getting quite annoying btw to tame. We all know whoever attacks has the best chance to tame. Just not fair really. If you summon your own pet you get pked. Even if you just show up you get pked regularly as well. Just quite annoying. <--- need's body guard
    edited January 2010
    dis should be stickied
    edited January 2010
    ****... I can't find the time that pets spawn... 4:20 pst???
  • Intrinsic - Lost City
    Intrinsic - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ****... I can't find the time that pets spawn... 4:20 pst???

It will be different every time the server is reset, and different for each pet, considering when it was last killed/tamed. The time it respawns is dependant on this, so unless you have seen it killed/tamed to calculate when it will be back, try coming on as soon as the server is reset?

Seems like the only obvious solution to me... unless you were communicating with other Venos who frequently tame rare pets and are willing to tell you. And I doubt they will want to tell you anyway, since they will be competing against you to tame it for themselves.b:tired
  • Dystery - Sanctuary
    Dystery - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    On sanctuary, at least, most of the rare pet farmers (including me), tell the time when asked about it (unless the veno does not know how to ask a proper question indeed).
    We (not including everyone this time) just don't want to make it public : if you want a rare pet, you must deserve it a little. I don't want anyone come to tame/kill it that easy. So , you can ask me ingame, and if I know, I will usually tell.

Does not mean I am a fair tamer, though... I am usually a little faster than other venos there, unless Evga, KittenSparks, and some other very efficient ones are there. And since I don't do it for fun only (have them all already), no need to ask for one.
  • keybored
    keybored Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just to warn any on Heaven Tear that is wanting to farm Shaudo Cub it is very hard due to a High level Veno that camps thier. He/she will wait until it spawns if anyone is close he/she will one shot it . Their name is Hyperviloet
  • HyperVioLet - Heavens Tear
    HyperVioLet - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    keybored wrote: »
    Just to warn any on Heaven Tear that is wanting to farm Shaudo Cub it is very hard due to a High level Veno that camps thier. He/she will wait until it spawns if anyone is close he/she will one shot it . Their name is Hyperviloet

...How can u lie about me such things??? I NEVER kill any pet, stupid...I hit it once AND TAME it...you need to wear glasses...I really dont need to kill anything, since I got -57% channeling gear. You think Im so stupid to kill rare pets if im much faster than you??? I really hate when ppl lie about me cause they cant see the difference between Tamed and dead pets......Stop this Lie and use your eyes....God....
  • mordrin
    mordrin Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    my friend runs a veno and she has been wanting to tame the frog and for the last 3 times that me and her have went there there has been another veno that has managed to tame it with full HP every time as soon as it appears. I have heard of tameing pets with full HP but form what I understood it was a rare and hard thing to do and was wondering if someone could give me some insite as to how she could be doing this every singel time. Thank you
    edited February 2010
    Maybe she uses a genie skill to lower the pets HP,check her genie. If she is fast enough its hard to see what happens. Taming a pet at full HP is rare, even with lvl10 tame its like allways Failed if its not on low hp.
  • mordrin
    mordrin Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok thank you for the info I will try to check her genie and the rest of her gear tonight when we try again I will post what I find out and again thank you for the info.
  • Potzi - Lost City
    Potzi - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    is armored bear at that location or 660, 612 ? Can anyone confirm?
  • koeienpoep
    koeienpoep Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    keybored wrote: »
    ...How can u lie about me such things??? I NEVER kill any pet, stupid...I hit it once AND TAME it...you need to wear glasses...I really dont need to kill anything, since I got -57% channeling gear. You think Im so stupid to kill rare pets if im much faster than you??? I really hate when ppl lie about me cause they cant see the difference between Tamed and dead pets......Stop this Lie and use your eyes....God....

The fact that you jump so harshly to your defence almost makes you wonder why?
    So maybe you're right and made a mistake or on the other hand the accusation was correct.b:lipcurl
    edited March 2010
    koeienpoep wrote: »
    The fact that you jump so harshly to your defence almost makes you wonder why?
    So maybe you're right and made a mistake or on the other hand the accusation was correct.b:lipcurl

Im just tired of all the things they say about me behind my back, and then they cry on forums instead of telling me their problems. I dont like to read Lies like this. I tame pets,not killing them.And I tame with same methods every time,doesnt matter if some1 is there or not.The only reason why it dies sometimes is that some high lvl pet hit it too, or some little veno takes her "revenge"(usually with some lvl 90 friends..) So im really not the one who kills anything.

Sorry for my overreaction last time, but that story about me was simply absurd.
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Q_Q the only veno with a -12 chan ring on HT... just Q_Q. until u'll tame, noone will tame a pet where are u, I think. but, where did u find it? *_*
  • DarkDeciever - Heavens Tear
    DarkDeciever - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I love this pet guide, it tells you what you want to know and it's very helpful, thank you for making and posting this its great!b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life's a bish, so live her right, Maybe someday she'll treat you nice. b:mischievousb:victory
  • FOX_WOMEN - Harshlands
    FOX_WOMEN - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i like the guide it tells a lot about the pets i want
    edited March 2010
    i like the guide it tells a lot about the pets i want

except there might be 2 dog locations.. and also armored bear location on this thread is wrong.
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    Oceiot - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well sorry I haven't been on in a loooooong time (got banned for who knows what reason on the forums :P). If any can post the correct location of the bear, I'll appreciate it. So, haven't been on since December of last year. Went on for a bit after tideborn came out and found that there is now tab targetting?
    It's a bunny :O
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    After game updates does the spawn time reset and if so what is the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What a necro. I guess it's a guide...b:surrender
    Well sorry I haven't been on in a loooooong time (got banned for who knows what reason on the forums :P). If any can post the correct location of the bear, I'll appreciate it. So, haven't been on since December of last year. Went on for a bit after tideborn came out and found that there is now tab targetting?

It's on ecatomb, the rare pet locations. Tab targetting is useful when it comes to rare pet camping. Just press tab until the rare shows up and run to it and catch it? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    After game updates does the spawn time reset and if so what is the time.

It is about 1 hour after reset iirc.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • FlaconsTear - Sanctuary
    FlaconsTear - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for this. Only new to taming rare pets other then the easier snow hare. Being a noob still at lvl 65 I didnt realize you could use the esc key to abandon the tame. Another day, another lesson learned. Cheers!