pls help, I'm confused about fb19

demonicesteve
demonicesteve Posts: 6 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Venomancer
ok, I got the tab (Call to Duty:Xenobeast) in my inventory, and I also got the quest, Beastkind-Eradicate the Monsters.

it said there that i need to kill Blackhive Wolfkin Premiere (8) and Blackhand Adawolf (8)

so when I got inside the cave, the thing on top of the pillar and on the samurai's head (the shield looking thing) is still silver, so I though, "Aren't this supposed to be gold/yellow? or even at least one of them?"

so the question is, is really like that? should I still finish the quest even if the thing on top of the pillar is still silver? Coz I'm kinda thinking that maybe it's like that because I'm lvl 20 already when I should be only 19?

pls, enlighten me.. (-_-) b:surrenderb:surrender
Post edited by demonicesteve on

Comments

• Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    No, you need to be leader of a squad to activate the Call of Duty quest.

And I would HIGHLY recommend being in a squad to complete the dungeon. The mobs inside are very strong for your level, and it was designed to be done with a squad. Run to arch and buy a few teleacoustics (look like gold trumpets), and talk to the whole server asking for help with your "untamed fb19." You may have to wait a few minutes, or ask a few times, but there's usually someone willing to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demonicesteve
    edited October 2010
    wait, so you're saying that, if I don't have a squad, that thing on top of the pillar wouldn't go yellow/gold? even if (LETS JUST SAY, even though I cant) I can finish it all by myself?
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    As far as I am aware, that is correct. You are welcome to kill all the monsters in the dungeon by yourself if you are able, but you cannot accept a Call of Duty quest from the pillar without first being the leader of a squad.

I would do this quest if you can, with a squad. It will give you an introduction into how squads work (squads are essential at higher levels, like mine), and the reward is a significant amount of experience and a very nice weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demonicesteve
    edited October 2010
    oh ok... make sense...

I'll try it. ^_^
  • demonicesteve
    edited October 2010
    oh.. and thanks.. ^_^
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    In order for the shield on an FB19 call to duty pillar to turn gold,

1) You need to be the leader of a squad
    2) You need a Call to Duty: Xenobeast tablet in your inventory, and
    3) You need at least 80 reputation.

(Higher level FBs don't have a reputation requirement so far as I know. I've only seen people not meet the reputation requirement during double XP periods, when low levels level so fast they may not complete enough quests by 19 to have the reputation.)

Oh, the nice weapon is for a separate quest to kill the boss, not the call to duty. By the time you're able to solo the boss, it won't be so nice a weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • demonicesteve
    edited October 2010
    ok.. thnx a lot! it worked! haha ^_^ b:laughb:laugh
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Great! Enjoy the weapon :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    wait, so you're saying that, if I don't have a squad, that thing on top of the pillar wouldn't go yellow/gold? even if (LETS JUST SAY, even though I cant) I can finish it all by myself?

That thing on top of the guys head is for when it is wined and this one isn't.you need to to get to the pillar at the end near the boss.There are several players killing off darkbreeds outside go ask them or go back to the City of the Lost and ask there maybe a Barb will carry you there.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lol I was unable to complete my fb19 til I was 63..which I duo'd with a cleric since I needed a squad to use the tabs. Since I was still feeling burned from all the help I did not get, she was the only one that deserved the exp from my tabs =p.

Ah the ******* Wolfkins.. lots of memories there! And how I later egged them out of pure revenge >_>.
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lol I was unable to complete my fb19 til I was 63..

Which was pretty late. Believe me, the only times I was in a party was when I did somebody else's FB19, and I only got that opportunity two times. And I don't trade, so I use what I find.

FB19 can definitely be soloed "late 30s", since that's when I did it. Actually used the FB19 reward until mid 40s after that.
    If I can do it, everyone can. If I had to do it again, I'd try 33.

At 63 I did FB29, but it felt far too easy. "If I had to do it again" I'd probably try 53.

I'm pretty sure I haven't tried FB39 since 73 --- first boss killed my golem far too quickly. Was planning on a retry at 83, probably with wine, but from the looks of it that won't happen.

Still working on the non-boss quests in FB69 and 79. I know I can complete the 69 with no problems, it's just that one of the three monster types is a good deal into the dungeon so it takes a while to get there, and I doubt I can get enough in just one go. For 79, one type I haven't even seen yet, and the others are quite dangerous if things don't go exactly as planned. And since when DO things go as planned?

Still have my tabs for 19 and 29 --- never got the ones for the others :-) Not quite sure what to do about that, though. At some point I started another char, and was going to try if I could burn the FB19 tab on it (and the FB29 later...), but never made it to 19.

Cultivation is slightly better in terms of soloing; I've killed Luminoc Architect a few levels back, but judging from the damage output of the next bosses (FB59, IIRC) those will never be soloable (plus, with their hitpoints and the game probably not remembering which one's I've already killed, it would be impossible to kill all 5 in just one game session even if my golem could tank them...).
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yindra... get a ranged eldergoth. Seriously. I was able to solo Farren at 53 with a low 40s marksman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Which was pretty late. Believe me, the only times I was in a party was when I did somebody else's FB19, and I only got that opportunity two times. And I don't trade, so I use what I find.

I got no help for 29 and 39 either. . Playing veno is like being in a world of one sometimes..