Poll: Human Wizard

Jedeye - Dreamweaver
Jedeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
Wizards are almighty beings that harness the raw power of the elements of nature. To keep it short, I think wizards deserve some more flashy animations in their skills. Our skills compared to a psychic's skill animations make wizards look a little wimpy.
Post edited by Jedeye - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    No. You already have hax buffs.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    All the man is asking for is re-vamped skill animations...and I personally think all classes could use a makeover of skill animations. After playing for over a year, it just kinda gets old seeing the same animation over, and over, and over, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think they're cool, BIDS has one of the coolest, if not the coolest animation, everyone loves it!:D WoTP is also pretty good and Gush if casted on a big boss like Vipenalt looks awesome!

For other classes HF is also pretty cool, i was amazed when i saw it for the first time, i also like Nova, and seeing a male archer do a ballerina turn to cast a metal attack... is priceless :)
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You have GOT to be joking.

At least wiz gets a different animation for each skill. Try playing a Venomancer, there's like, what, 3 total animations for all of the different scarabs/Noxious Gas/Parasitic Nova? Come on! I have a freaking Kitty Tail! Let me do things with it while casting! b:surrender

I always think Wiz look cool casting, while Venos just look boring. Then again, every veno uses a whopping 3 attacks anyway. At least Wiz gets diversity. b:laugh My cleric only HAS 3 leveled attacks! It's more of a party build though...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I want Blade Tempest to be flashier b:dirty
  • justmove
    justmove Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    When ice dragon strike hits the enemy it can explode into rainbows?
  • ShoeFury - Sanctuary
    ShoeFury - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    BIDS - No.
    Others - heck yeah!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined Aug 2008 on HT--
    Just lurkin' the forums these days and makin' occassional stupid posts
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    justmove wrote: »
    When ice dragon strike hits the enemy it can explode into rainbows?

O.o Into blue Dragon Balls!!!!
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Wizards skills look fine and this should actually be in the suggestion forum.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You have GOT to be joking.

At least wiz gets a different animation for each skill. Try playing a Venomancer, there's like, what, 3 total animations for all of the different scarabs/Noxious Gas/Parasitic Nova? Come on! I have a freaking Kitty Tail! Let me do things with it while casting! b:surrender

I always think Wiz look cool casting, while Venos just look boring. Then again, every veno uses a whopping 3 attacks anyway. At least Wiz gets diversity. b:laugh My cleric only HAS 3 leveled attacks! It's more of a party build though...

They ALL need character animation revamps. Hopefully (doubt it) they revamp these things during the next expansion.

Also....what Mysti said. -.- sheesh.
  • PanaBella - Heavens Tear
    PanaBella - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ever seen Veno skill animations?

I admit, they have fancy pets and stuff - but they dont have anything I'd call good animation...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Wizards skills look fine and this should actually be in the suggestion forum.

Always those people saying it should be in suggestion forum.. I know you're 'Right', but you know no one ever looks there? It just not fun to post a suggestion and then have no single response on it.

I think they should just change Divine pyrogram, if you make a skill do more damage than pyrogram, make it look cooler too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    venos are funy when they castb:chuckle

OP: wizzzies with better animations = psysb:cute
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    all classes should have different animations..why should a lvl 10-11 skill look the same????

like stone rain..at lvl 10 or 11)demon/sage) it should look like more of a meteor shower from hell or something instead of one dumb *** ball.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I agree with the rest, all classes need new skill animations.
    Venomancer has 2 skills that look good and one that is kinda oke.
    lvl 59 skills for human and fox look good and soul degeneration looks kinda cool with the skeletons flying above your head.. but further... boring D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • feolanthos
    feolanthos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Anyway why is this plonked in General seems like a suggestion to me.

But imo all classes need better animations especially some of the BM moves even some of the basics like Draw Blood and Tiger's Maw look like blergh. (granted the moves are hardly used as they ain't that good in most circumstances)
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yup, and not only wizzards, all 3 original races (humans, untameds and winged elfs) should get new animations and special effects for their skills. Water effects for the water attack for wizzards don't really seem to be water, but blue light only!, for example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You got my lunar ring, what more could you ask for? :D
  • Liebe - Heavens Tear
    Liebe - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    All the man is asking for is re-vamped skill animations...and I personally think all classes could use a makeover of skill animations. After playing for over a year, it just kinda gets old seeing the same animation over, and over, and over, etc.

Veno skill animations are boring now. Change pl0x.
    Cleric ones were never too interesting to begin with, though tempest has always been sexy. Don't change that one. I'll cry. :3
    9x Veno - Liebe
    9x Cleric - /\ngellus
    8x Archer - Xaixu
    6x Barb - \/ladamir
    Heaven's Tear b:dirty
  • TehZsw - Dreamweaver
    TehZsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Nuuuu, then I'd have to rememorize the channeling and casting animation for every single skill again D:
  • Occult - Harshlands
    Occult - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I got the 100 Skill on my Wizard just because how pro it looks.

Here is a vid I made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P658IDJ6zBU