calling all faction leaders/officers

Options
Shisoukaze - Dreamweaver
Shisoukaze - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Tideswell (East)
I'm basically calling on faction officers and leaders to help develop a top 10 rules and tenets log for my faction. This will be on a "scenario based ruling"

some examples are:

1) Remember the rule of level 1, carry the attitude always. You might be level 80-100 now, but we were all newbs at one point in time.

2) What do i do about trash talkers and idiots? How do I report screenshots and tickets?

3)How do I report to someone about helping me complete my quests? and what level extent of help can they offer me?

4-10) ongoing questions and scenarios here
Post edited by Shisoukaze - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    11) stop asking people to help with BH who dont need it, it just drains all fun when a high lvl joins the BH29 squad
    12) stop helping with noob-bhs, thanks xD *hides*, all you do is breeding people with higher lvl but no idea what they do

yes did i miss your point?
    i like potato
  • Sarson - Dreamweaver
    Sarson - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    11) stop asking people to help with BH who dont need it, it just drains all fun when a high lvl joins the BH29 squad
    12) stop helping with noob-bhs, thanks xD *hides*, all you do is breeding people with higher lvl but no idea what they do

I whole-heartedly agree with this ^^
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    13)no, i'm not "making this tt run faster" if i barely know you. I value my time, asking for $$ is better.
  • Shisoukaze - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    giving different scenarios will help
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    14) Don't beg for money in a faction. If someone has something to offer, they will speak out. b:surrender

I'm not sure if that's what the OP was asking for or not. But that's still a rule? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yes that's exactly what I was looking for.

Top 10 Rules and Tenets to distinigush yourself from acting like a newbie to acting like a pro:

1. "YOU STARTED AT LEVEL 1. CARRY THE ATTITUDE ALWAYS."

- We were all newbs at one point, we asked for help, made mistakes and learned to play our classes. When people get to level 80-100, they seem to forget the rules they were taught from their mentors and start trash talking as if they were God/Goddess themselves. The main point of being a high level character is to help teach those that want to play the game to their fullest potential.

2. "WHAT DO I DO ABOUT TRASH-TALKERS AND IDIOTS?

-This rule usually follows rule number 1. People will take advantage of your kindness and respect sometimes even going as far as to twist it to their interpretation. I can only say this much: be the better man and woman and use your own judgement to interpret. be prepared to report to an officer complete with screenshots.

3. " UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE ARE BUSY AND NOT ALWAYS ABLE TO HELP"

If we (the officers) are busy and unable to help, it's not always our fault. Sometimes we do get busy assisting others. Also, to keep in mind we don't want to spend our time constantly doing people's quests since most of the questing is designed to train the newbies and intermediates about how to properly use their skills. As you develop your character class, the numbers will increase slowly in mobs, damage and number of quests. Sometimes the quests won't give enough exp to help you get the next level. This downtime is often called "log delay or log block".

4. "CAN I BEG FOR MONEY AND ITEMS?"

This rule is pretty straightforward. Everyone earns their keep here, regardless if it might not look like it or not. Some tend to earn their keep here in different ways. You will get paid accordingly to active service and depending on what the circumstances are. I can't pay you guys out if the money flow is short or if I can't provide it currently.

-Shisoukaze, Leader and Primary Director of BlackOps
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well, in that case. :)

15) Also, to organize your faction, make some days special for example TT runs to help your faction members gather their needed mats, and boss days (for the bosses needed for the quests *most of them are mini-bosses anyways).

EDIT:

This rule is pretty straightforward. Everyone earns their keep here, regardless if it might not look like it or not. Some tend to earn their keep here in different ways. You will get paid accordingly to active service and depending on what the circumstances are. I can't pay you guys out if the money flow is short or if I can't provide it currently.

As a faction leader, you are really not required to pay your faction members unless you really want to or if you guys TW. I'd recommend all the money you could get and faction members who would like to contribute money, it should go to the faction funding to improve it in many ways (i.e upgrading it's level)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    that rule is already invoked

1 TT run a day, the rest is an on-call notice

Officers will be responsible for crafting since not everyone will want to farm

Also, I'm gonna have it so my clerics/barbs are constantly available for BHs when are numbers are high enough to try and stop the 35-40 minute wait periods for a cleric/barb
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well, in that case. :)

15) Also, to organize your faction, make some days special for example TT runs to help your faction members gather their needed mats, and boss days (for the bosses needed for the quests *most of them are mini-bosses anyways).

EDIT:

As a faction leader, you are really not required to pay your faction members unless you really want to or if you guys TW. I'd recommend all the money you could get and faction members who would like to contribute money, it should go to the faction funding to improve it in many ways (i.e upgrading it's level)

I know I'm not really required to pay them, it's just something I enjoy doing...I was raised in a family where greed, power and corruption were the influences of my childhood. I'm focusing on mostly charitable notions and my faction is already level 3. The only thing left to do is build a foundation/network of guildies that won't shoot their mouths off. been playing PW for about a year and a half to notice certain factions (which will remain nameless) that focus on greed and power while sacrificing their members so the higher officials can remain in power. I even seen one faction use it's entire member base just sacrifice the ENTIRETY of the guild just to the Leader can stay in power and PK
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what? you pay your faction members?

there are plenty of factions out there where members pay the bank (to fund TW or Guild Lvl)
    why would you pay your members?

i dont understand how being officer of a faction gains you more coin?
    from what ive seen in my guild-history officers always paid more then they gained (who paid for guild lvl? teamspeak/vent-server?)

unless, in theory, you hold some TW-land and keep reward all for yourself as leader ... witch will pretty much destroy your faction
    i like potato
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what? you pay your faction members?

there are plenty of factions out there where members pay the bank (to fund TW or Guild Lvl)
    why would you pay your members?

i dont understand how being officer of a faction gains you more coin?
    from what ive seen in my guild-history officers always paid more then they gained (who paid for guild lvl? teamspeak/vent-server?)

unless, in theory, you hold some TW-land and keep reward all for yourself as leader ... witch will pretty much destroy your faction

It's like I said: I developed a system where I can pay out my faction members on a regular basis to gear them up for TW not to mention cover the offsets of their repair bills. It's not free money, they'll be working for it to try and analyze certain aspects of military data and the status of the Dreamweaver server.

it's like when your searching for a BH and you can't find a cleric for about 20-30 minutes because no cleric wants to come help, BlackOps seeks to fill certain small gaps when they can...they might not always be there. I already have the money to pay my guildies but this project won't be active for quite some time as they're are certain kinks to be worked out. Like all good projects, sometimes they might even take weeks or months to be fully operational.

My faction officers will be mostly consisting of chessplayers and military analysts, people that won't stop thinking on how to improve Dreamweaver and quite possibly TW.

If i missed any questions, let me know
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Your posts makes me think that you're somekind of high ranking official in the US Marine Corps, or something and obscenely rich, but with a distain for greed and big desire for honour and duty.

That said, you definately are not lacking ambition. What you're describing sounds to me like a paramilitarized version of Bushido. YIKES!

I'll be keeping my eye on you. ^_^
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Your posts makes me think that you're somekind of high ranking official in the US Marine Corps, or something and obscenely rich, but with a distain for greed and big desire for honour and duty.

That said, you definately are not lacking ambition. What you're describing sounds to me like a paramilitarized version of Bushido. YIKES!

I'll be keeping my eye on you. ^_^

thank you, someone gets it!
  • ViKan - Dreamweaver
    ViKan - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have been in alot of teams on many different games.... Xbox live, Ps3, PC Factions/guilds... .A main rule that i always have in my factions even if i am not the leader... Keep all your childish sensitivity and drama out of it.... If you cant take a joke you shouldnt have a friend.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have been in alot of teams on many different games.... Xbox live, Ps3, PC Factions/guilds... .A main rule that i always have in my factions even if i am not the leader... Keep all your childish sensitivity and drama out of it.... If you cant take a joke you shouldnt have a friend.

agreed.

problem is people don't seem to follow this form of logic because they think they can do everything on their own or they want the work done for them
  • ViKan - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Glad you like that rule, It should be in every faction... Immaturity and Drama equal Failure... And Failure is worthless, waste of time, ****, pointless.... The list can go on. Lol. Good luck with this faction. If you plant ot make one that is..
  • ViKan - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Problem is People in general, We're all human looking for that luxury in life.... My outlook on competitive gaming and serious teams is i need maturity at all times i need dedication and i need great mentality's with a great respect for each other. That's a dream team.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's like I said: I developed a system where I can pay out my faction members on a regular basis to gear them up for TW not to mention cover the offsets of their repair bills. It's not free money, they'll be working for it to try and analyze certain aspects of military data and the status of the Dreamweaver server.

it's like when your searching for a BH and you can't find a cleric for about 20-30 minutes because no cleric wants to come help, BlackOps seeks to fill certain small gaps when they can...they might not always be there. I already have the money to pay my guildies but this project won't be active for quite some time as they're are certain kinks to be worked out. Like all good projects, sometimes they might even take weeks or months to be fully operational.

My faction officers will be mostly consisting of chessplayers and military analysts, people that won't stop thinking on how to improve Dreamweaver and quite possibly TW.

If i missed any questions, let me know

Sign me the hell up!

I'll take a full set of Lunar-Nirvana as payment. b:cuteb:cute
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Crobhdearg - Dreamweaver
    Crobhdearg - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Good rule to remember, it's just a game. If you get enraged about something that is pixel-petty, then that is your fault
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Uisce-lvl 100 Sin
    Crobhdearg-lvl 101 Veno
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sign me the hell up!

seeing as your a friend of TrophyHunter's, I'll consider that when I can
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sign me the hell up!

I'm a friend of his wife which is kind of related..

I canz has Buddha's Leaf, please? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm a friend of his wife which is kind of related..

I canz has Buddha's Leaf, please? b:cute

geez, you guys are gonna turn my faction into a Nike Sweatshop factory, minus the underpaid workers
  • Sabra - Dreamweaver
    Sabra - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yay for structure and organization.

A few thoughts that aren't necessarily rules.

Remember your goals and ideals and keep in mind that many people don't understand the mechanics of success. Listen to all ideas but always retain the right to make the final decision.

Choose officers because of what they can offer the guild... not because of friendships.

Remember it is a game and keep it fun.

It is easier to start with strict or high expectations and relax over time rather than do it the other way in most cases.

Most won't agree with this but I am a full believer in compensation not just the workers in the guild, but the officers leading the guild. It takes a lot of hard work, time that a person could be playing the game and even small compensation is good. (that will probably get a lot of arguement)

Teach squad leaders to not just form groups but to actually communicate and lead squads.

I love military guilds!

Oohh ha ha!
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    geez, you guys are gonna turn my faction into a Nike Sweatshop factory, minus the underpaid workers

I can be your low level underpaid worker. b:pleased

Anywayy, your guild and rules seems pretty awesome to me. Also, be strict but fair. Sometimes things come up, so plans are remade, rules get broken, but the person doesn't do it because of bad intentions or whatever. Listen to the members reason for whatever happened and judge based on that as well as the crime.

Also, pay the ones who actually do something for the guild. Someone who does a lot, helps people, attend TW, is active in faction chat and such as, should get more than someone who might say Hi when they sign on and then just go on whatever they want without the faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Top 10 Rules and Tenets to distinigush yourself from acting like a newbie to acting like a pro:

1. "YOU STARTED AT LEVEL 1. CARRY THE ATTITUDE ALWAYS."

- We were all newbs at one point, we asked for help, made mistakes and learned to play our classes. When people get to level 80-100, they seem to forget the rules they were taught from their mentors and start trash talking as if they were God/Goddess themselves. The main point of being a high level character is to help teach those that want to play the game to their fullest potential.

2. "WHAT DO I DO ABOUT TRASH-TALKERS AND IDIOTS?

-This rule usually follows rule number 1. People will take advantage of your kindness and respect sometimes even going as far as to twist it to their interpretation. I can only say this much: be the better man and woman and use your own judgement to interpret. be prepared to report to an officer complete with screenshots.

3. " UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE ARE BUSY AND NOT ALWAYS ABLE TO HELP"

If we (the officers) are busy and unable to help, it's not always our fault. Sometimes we do get busy assisting others. Also, to keep in mind we don't want to spend our time constantly doing people's quests since most of the questing is designed to train the newbies and intermediates about how to properly use their skills. As you develop your character class, the numbers will increase slowly in mobs, damage and number of quests. Sometimes the quests won't give enough exp to help you get the next level. This downtime is often called "log delay or log block".

5. "HOW WILL BOSS DAYS BE OPERATED?"

Boss days will be operated on a per-group basis and amount of availibility. They will also take priority if the demand is high enough.

6. "COVER YOUR ***"

I can't stress this enough with people. Unless you have sufficient evidence that involves screenshots and statements from people, we won't be able to help you since your word is as only as good as your proof.

10. GOLDEN RULE: ALWAYS BE RESPECTFUL EVEN IF YOU AREN'T TREATED WITH THE SAME RESPECT. BE THE BETTER MAN/WOMAN

-Shisoukaze, Leader and Primary Director of BlackOps