Wizard = ?

Options
IceCrash - Dreamweaver
IceCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
Ok.. I have a couple things to say about the Wizard Freaking Awesome Class. I Use To play on a different Server as a Cleric But as you can see i play on DW Now. The Wizard Class is Pretty dam good. I have to Thank \Super_Wizz For All his Help With the Wiz he's helped me work up. I Also Want To Thank The Faction i'm in ( Pure_Hell ) For always Helping and Not saying No To me. You Guys are awesome

This Is Also for the people Who can't pick a class to be. Wizard Is a good starter class. Well for me any how, But i still would suggest u run with it. If you want your always welcome to add me between 3:50 pm - 9:00pm ( EST )For any help at all. ( Lol, Sorry For Werid Times I got School on weekdays =.=) :] So Good luck to all with SC, FB,HB,Quests,ETC. Have Fun PWI ^.^

( Sorry For Any Spelling errors or caps where they should not be )
Post edited by IceCrash - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have a level 14 Wizard for storage purposes. b:chuckle

Maybe I should start playing her more since I like wizzies. b:cute

Also, this would've been posted in the Wizard section of the forums :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Also, this would've been posted in the Wizard section of the forums :)

It is not Wizard specific thread.

It is player opinions about good to play class.

Wizards are magical tanks and I like it.

Edit: but many polls exist already ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'd actually say blademaster is a better beginning class if you've never played the game before.

Let's you learn the game without going "What does this do?.... Oh sh-"*dies* XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wizard if you can adapt to the game fast and have patience for wizard early days.
    BM if you prefer to smack mobs to the dead with some skills + auto attack and receive mob phy attack, at last on early days.

But these all can be ignored if you have friends or guild to help you.
    These not talking about end game right . . like making money or leveling speed . . or how useful in instance . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Kieran - Dreamweaver
    Kieran - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wizies do not come in to full power untill later levels. Furthermore, you need to know a bit about mob resistances so that you don't try to stonerain earth mobs and wonder while your damage is so low etc. Thus, I woudn't say they are the best choice for a first char while you are still learnign the game. This leaves BM as the only other option for this (otherwise would put veno xD)
    ~Kie
  • Tivas - Archosaur
    Tivas - Archosaur Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wiz without high refines suck....

b:bye
  • Dess - Heavens Tear
    Dess - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For someone whos never played the game before, the blademaster is the better choice as to a first class. Also, Wizzies dont start getting uber strong till late in the game (ie 70+ or so). Blademaster is simply the easiest class to learn, and shows the greastest bang for your buck early on. (Not gonna mention any of the other classes, since they arent choices in the poll.)
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    BM is easiest class for any noob to the game.

They are very simple, because you just press some buttons and auto-attack and the mob will die. Along with the fact you don't have to know too much about the mob to kill it.

Wizzy....dear god...they are hard as hell x.x
    You have to watch what you do and what you kill otherwise you'll die.
  • Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    BM is easiest class for any noob to the game.

They are very simple, because you just press some buttons and auto-attack and the mob will die. Along with the fact you don't have to know too much about the mob to kill it.

Wizzy....dear god...they are hard as hell x.x
    You have to watch what you do and what you kill otherwise you'll die.

Well. I agree that BM is a good starter class. But IMHO they arent as simple as u stated.

BM has many different skills, weapon choices and more. It was very confusing for me when i startet to play BM long time ago. I dont have a high level Wizzard so i cant judge about the difficult of being a Wizzard. But as a BM, u really start to shine when u get lots of interval equip, dmg wise.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Psychic without high refines suck....

Fixed that for you. b:surrender

Edit: And you're missing 6 other classes. JSYK.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    None of the classes are all that hard to learn.

Unlike many people, I've not had much problem leveling any of the classes to 30-50ish. The only class I haven't really played much of is barb, mine is only at 19, but so far he's seemed to be the slowest to level up to that point.

Archer to 72 was a breeze.
    Veno to 90, simple.
    BM to 102... there were rough spots in the 5x-7x range, magic mobs hurt bad at those levels.
    Sin to 6x... hyper frosted, but when I tried to normally level a Sin to 2x, I didn't like it.
    Psychic to 3x... early on damage is really high, refines = soulforce? High refines are necessary, not just due to game mechanics, but as a requirement of the class.
    Mage to 50, wasn't all that difficult... stay away from increased life, increased defense and magic resistant mobs.
    Cleric... I thought was one of the toughest classes to level. Pure int, I died a lot.

At end-game? Cleric is by far the easiest class to play. I haven't had a chance to play an end-game mage, but a few of my BM friends who have say it's pretty amazing to ulti and see a half dozen or more people just drop from one ulti. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    OP capitalizes like Emily Dickinson b:shocked
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mage to 50, wasn't all that difficult... stay away from increased life, increased defense and magic resistant mobs.

Bwah? Increased defense (that's physical defense that's increased, not magic resistance) are free XP to any caster class. Now increased movement rate you might want to avoid...
    Cleric... I thought was one of the toughest classes to level. Pure int, I died a lot.

Learn to use your heals in battle. I've lost track of how many budding clerics who've asked for my help and who, when advised to use ironheart between attacks, indicated they'd never thought of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bwah? Increased defense (that's physical defense that's increased, not magic resistance) are free XP to any caster class. Now increased movement rate you might want to avoid...

Yeah, increased movment were pretty bad... and I stayed away from increased defense too. I just tabbed to a different target anytime I saw anything Increased. lol xP

Learn to use your heals in battle. I've lost track of how many budding clerics who've asked for my help and who, when advised to use ironheart between attacks, indicated they'd never thought of that.

Oh, I did... In the 10-19 range my hp was so low, mp pots were so horrible, and ironheart not all that great that killing mobs took far more patience than I could handle. I also died quite a bit... I love playing cleric, I hated leveling one early on. The skills are all relatively straightforward though.

The class with the most confusing skills has to be the Sin though.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Aracnius - Dreamweaver
    Aracnius - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    as a psy of many alts definatly BM. Its probably the easiest class at the begining at least, it has many different options to chose from for armor weapon ect. and wizzys from my experience are just difficult.

P.S. i know ALOT more pro BM's then i do pro wizzards... actualy not even sure if i know any pro wizzyz b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:surrender
    -Waiting for the day they replace these stupid bear smilies with monkey ones
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    as a psy of many alts definatly BM. Its probably the easiest class at the begining at least, it has many different options to chose from for armor weapon ect. and wizzys from my experience are just difficult.

P.S. i know ALOT more pro BM's then i do pro wizzards... actualy not even sure if i know any pro wizzyz b:surrender

I'm hurt D:

Then again, have we even met?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wiz is the best :/
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i have a 8x bm and a 9x wiz early on i can say bm is easier of the 2 but easiest class early on is veno.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wiz without higher refines than others suck....

fix'd

oh and people who have problems with levelling a wizard must suck pretty bad btw. Except for certain archer mobs, it should be a piece of cake if you know what you are doing and aren't mindlessly smashing buttons without paying attention to surroundings. b:bye
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i played wiz as my first toon.. was fun got them to pretty decent lvls 3 times then decided to make a change and make a BM was more fun slashing the mobs without worrying about getting 4 hit by the melee mobs lol

but the easiest class? Veno hands down..
    which is why i stopped playing it.. too damn boring
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yep, started on BM on HL, was fun learning a bit of the game with out dieing, got to lvl30, discovered i don't like pvp servers.
    Switched to HT and decided to go Veno, which was heaps of fun in the begining, taming different pets and such. By lvl60 was so bored of not being able to die, there was just not skill in it.
    Decided to step it up a notch, went full arcane wiz, never looked back. The game is such a better challenge when there is a high chance that if u do something wrong, you will die, and possibly cause a squad wipeb:sad
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Absolutly love the class. Female wizzie looks so elegant casting Black ice dragon strike, an even after two years I cant get enough of that skill.
    Starting off though it wasnt so easy, I died alot, my skills where a mess an she was stated all wrong. Damn good fun. More tactical on the open field grinding. Good wizard knows not to charge them 8 mobs your level, you learn to pick em off. Definatly the harder of the two. Blade abit more robust can take a thwack or two. I actually had serious problems with El till 59th lvl then life was good. My lil BM is just a month younger than El hardly play the BM. Was at first used just to farm rough fur on broken bow bluff. lol 54th level now an I just keep logging El in playing an enjoying the class.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wiz is the hardest class to play
    psy is the easiest

so whats the difference?
    psy comes pre-ordered with -300% channeling.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wiz is the hardest class to play
    psy is the easiest

so whats the difference?
    psy comes pre-ordered with -300% channeling.

I found psy to be entirely unsatisfactory. Really enjoy playing a wiz though. As for starter class, though, you may want a bm. They are a tad more forgiving in the lower levels I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I found psy to be entirely unsatisfactory. Really enjoy playing a wiz though. As for starter class, though, you may want a bm. They are a tad more forgiving in the lower levels I think.
    i got my psy to 33 and just got bored as hell with it.

you spend about twice as much time meditating as u do killing mobs. my wiz is 43 and he is fun. psy just bores the heck out of me becuase its so easy; and of course the whole wait forever for mana thing.

lol and i play every, i got 9 active chars on this server who's total lvl is over 500. the lowest one being my lvl 33 psy (cuase its so boring).
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I love playing a wizard. The mid levels were tough, I died a lot, but it was worth the wait. At 100+ with good refines (+5 or higher on all) we're a very hard-hitting class with great survivability.

However, if you plan to PvP a lot, forget it. Assassins have stealth + 5aps + good stun skills. They pop out of stealth, and before you can react you are clicking on "release corpse". b:surrender

Wizards are 'sin bait. Other classes hang out and use us to go "fishing". b:chuckle
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i got my psy to 33 and just got bored as hell with it.

you spend about twice as much time meditating as u do killing mobs. my wiz is 43 and he is fun. psy just bores the heck out of me becuase its so easy; and of course the whole wait forever for mana thing.

Basically my complaint about them as well b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Basically my complaint about them as well b:chuckle

mines sat on my account with a plat mp charm barley touched on her, just got bored of it tho lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Janrey - Raging Tide
    Janrey - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wizard ftw!.
    b:cute
  • Mahngiel - Sanctuary
    Mahngiel - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Roll a psychic instead.
    It's better to look stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by AquaKnightsb:victory