Server Teleportation

Escorpionrey - Sanctuary
Escorpionrey - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Suggestion Box
It would be very cool if you could buy server teleportation stones from the boutique for say $5.oo U.S. for oneway teleportation to a server of your choice. (another $5.00 U.S. to get back to home server.)

Any reason why this would not work??

Keep on lvl'n pwi players!!
Post edited by Escorpionrey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    A lot of reasons:
    1. It might be physically impossible as it's likely that different servers are in different physical locations.

2. It would be bad for the players for the following reasons:
    2.a. It would mean PvE players could level up in safety only to transfer to PvP server once they have all of their items and are ready to PvP, therefore avoiding the risks of dying for as long as they are vulnerable.
    2.b. It would cause merchants to abuse the economies of servers, which would cause massive problems, especially on the newer servers.
    2.c. It would cause scammers and such people to be able to avoid bad publicity and being caught by changing servers until they've exhausted all servers.

3. It would be bad business because:
    3.a. It would mean that cash shoppers could just jump servers with their cash shopper characters instead of cash shopping new ones.
    3.b. It would make new servers pointless as anything but extra storage, because stuff like new PvP environments, lower level averages, lower gear averages, etc. wouldn't exist because people would just transfer over.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    $5.. 5 measly bucks. lol

if pwi ever add anything like this to the boutique expect it to cost $100 easy. otherwis as olbaze says it would be too open to abuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If they ever added something like this to the boutique....Expect it to be ~100 U.S.D.

And that is if your lucky. Since PWE wants to keep some sort of balance on the servers, they are less inclined to do this type of server transfers, unless they can afford to open, maintain, and moderate over 100 different servers.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It would never happen, but it would be amazing.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It would never happen, but it would be amazing.

Yes, so my veno could meet Michael. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Some servers don't share name databases.So I would imagine the universe would end as if your past self sees your future self.
  • Escorpionrey - Sanctuary
    Escorpionrey - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Olbaze for all the good points. That is why I posted to get those answers. There is discussion of server teleportation ingame. Now we all know some very good reasons why it doesn't happen.

Thanks again.

Scorp.
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Any reason why this would not work?

Because a (former) GM has already stated it's not possible. That's why.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5256612&postcount=2

Until another GM says otherwise, this is the final answer on the subject.
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time