is 5ap being removed?

Comments

• Oxycoton - Lost City
    Oxycoton - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    No, he's right and you're wrong.

A weapon will get one major and two minor adds. -interval is not one of the major adds.

You guys need to check "inside" elements.data to understand what im trying to say...

AS SAID BEFORE IN:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=517862

4) Upgrade Stats
    After you’ve attained your Palace of Nirvana gear, you have the ability to upgrade its stats. Palace of Nirvana gear can have two random additional attributes, one major and one minor. Major attributes are associated with equipment types, while minor attributes are completely random. Players can “re-roll” two additional attributes until they find statistics that meet their needs.

When you look "inside" you can see that exist a % to add 2 AND 3 attributes.. and the "major" or unique attribute is another thing apart..
  • TrinityZero - Heavens Tear
    TrinityZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I hope they do.. I don't have $800 to spend on pwi to get 5.0 or being MADE to go demon..
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I hope they do.. I don't have $800 to spend on pwi to get 5.0 or being MADE to go demon..

Yeah that sucks. That's why I'm going sage as a BM, gotta love that 50 chi per minute in PvP.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    OMG I cant quote your post at all.

I have a quenched nirvana weapon. Quenched weapons get one stat from the pool of unique stats and two stats from the separate pool of minor stats. Always.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    stuff

lol.

There is a 100% probability to have 3 adds. 1 major, 2 minor. 1+2=3.

There is 0% chance you will have 4 adds.

You need to stop reading pwdatabase so literally.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    OMG I cant quote your post at all.

I have a quenched nirvana weapon. Quenched weapons get one stat from the pool of unique stats and two stats from the separate pool of minor stats. Always.

I think you have problems with that due to usage of quotation marks in Oxycoton's post. The forum has an issue with with them and seems to cut off posts at that point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You keep on putting the stupid hat on.

Traditionally a mage hs never been a DPS class, it is a DPH class. There is no valid reason why a caster should have DPS of that of a melee class at range. Nor is there a valid reason why a melee class should have DPH of a ranged class at range.

All you do is cry and complain, but when I presented a sensible compromise, your utter lack of intelligence just shined through. Every once in a while, I thought you really had hope of being sensible. Yet you keep on reverting back into just another Yulk.

When did I say a mage should have best DPS? It's already known archers (with bows mind you...) have had more... no wonder only a fool like you would think otherwise. Assassins, being squishy, may also have more DPS. They have basically same as archers but are melee... while they have a lot of better skills, it's still a factor to consider.

So basically wizard should have DPH and range right? And trade all this for: massively reduced DPS, no anti-stun, squishiness, a lot of control skills, amps, debuffs, etc. Yeah right! (don't forget psys! what would you say about them, huh?)

The reason you are a complete idiot is because our long channeling skills are for DPH. You don't use sandstorm or BIDS for DPS... so your point is complete nonsense. If you even compare wizards to psychics, our "basic" DPS spells like Gush and Pyrogram are very similar. (since a psy doesn't have as much DPH unless the lvl100 skill is taken in account).

Gush and Pyro are not for DPH yet their DPS is a lot lower than an interval class (or heck archers with bows can say the same thing). So what was your point again?

Wizard =/= the 3 ultis only. Long channeling balances DPH, not the "magic class" role LMAO

Please do not touch any other MMO or think of balancing one ever, you'd spread your **** elsewhere in one with proper balance as to a warrior's role. But I guess the overwhelming majority of western MMOs, tried-and-tested you know mechanics wise, all have mistaken the role of warriors and mages, apparently. It is PWI that is the balanced one and has proper roles, even though there's ten times more complaints about it!
    Hiya Mr Wall Hacker.

Cheating and switching around game files also gives you an unfair advantage compared to those of us that don't cheat like you do. Yet, you're still cheating.

Way to go idiot.
    As usual you have no arguments whatsoever and post the same **** and personal attacks. Frankly, this is getting tiring, because threads get spammed and derailed due to your idiocy. It is known that only insecure fools resort to ad-hominem.

But I'm pretty sure a lot of people have gripes against you derailing threads with these kind of bull****. But then again, you have a delusional idea of how to run a proper mature topic on a forum -- and most others who challenged the mods (not perfect, but the attitude shown to them was childish). I thought you learned something from your ban but if you continue with personal attacks you may wake up with another one ijs.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Please do not touch any other MMO or think of balancing one ever, you'd spread your **** elsewhere in one with proper balance as to a warrior's role. But I guess the overwhelming majority of western MMOs, tried-and-tested you know mechanics wise, all have mistaken the role of warriors and mages, apparently. It is PWI that is the balanced one and has proper roles, even though there's ten times more complaints about it!

You can't compare balanced things to unbalanced ones. In Asian MMOs the only "balance" is in the word "unbalance". If something starts out accidentally, not like they test anything relatively balanced it will only stay so if there are no content updates. At the later stages of the game most companies **** up the balance on purpose so people CS to get the OP class/weapons.

Michael is saying that mages do nicely in TW and to some extent, in PvP. BMs aren't the best class in any of those as sins beat them in 1vs1 PvP and PvE. And that, in my opinion, is balance considering the starting conditions: small budget, noname company, devs are what they are, Asian MMO etc.
    edited October 2010
    *rants of a lunatic*

Wow, dude... having a conversation with you is like talking to someone with multiple personality disorder. You contradict yourself, you run around in circles, you rant with long walls of confusing text that completely disregard statements you only made hours before.... You're a certifiable nut-job.

You want the disparity between DPH and DPS to be leveled. You don't want to touch any of your skills or damage, you only want the other class to compromise. Melee has the obvious single target DPS advantage because the range is MELEE. Mages have ultimate DPH because of their slower casting and the fact they're squishy so they get ranged attacks.

All you do is whine and complain, yet you offer no real solution even when presented with one. BTW, I'm not derailing a thread, I'm just calling you on your stupidity. You're just a whiner and nothing will ever be good enough for you, because you're just horrible. Yulk, Jr FTW.

You still don't get why DPS isn't your bag. That's hilarious. Mage will never compete in DPS nor should they. As for addressing your other points, it's pointless, you're obviously pretty fundamentalist/idealist in your views because you can't even cope with common sense without reverting to your old tired arguments instead of providing valid counterpoints.

Yes, BMs are horribly broken, so is the Cash Shop, Cat Shops and lack of free in-game coin for you. /facepalm

You're a broken record that can't move past the first track.

• Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Melee has the obvious single target DPS advantage because the range is MELEE.
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

Look at barbs and BMs (pre-TB so no sins). What do you observe them having apart from ranged classes? That's right, number one thing, massive HP. It is no joke, it is several times the HP. I don't think you understand what this means. /facepalm

nevermind the anti-stuns, sprints (or tiger form), control skills and debuffs. I mean, isn't it obvious those are used to compensate for the fact that they are melee? Simply because the ranged classes have weak control skills in comparison (e.g archers) and fewer debuffs or AOE debuffs?

And seriously... I stopped bothering having sensible arguments with you simply because all your posts against me are copy-pasted. In fact I can predict that no matter what the topic at hand your posts will contain the following without any arguments whatsoever:

1) "you have no logic"
    2) "you're just another Yulk"
    3) "you are contradicting yourself"
    4) "mages (with +12 nirvana) **** me in pvp so they own in general"
    5) "/facepalm"
    6) "you are a horrible mage" (without even knowing me, funny)
    7) something that implies <all you say is wrong cause I say so and I know the wiz better than you>
    8) *some random remark about me or Man or anyone else you remember from once totally unrelated to the thread at hand*
    9) "go away already"

I'll stop at 10 not to sound too cliche.

I just wonder how the hell was the game considered balanced back then before the -int craze? Were, say, barbs underpowered without fists? That is a contradiction. Also the fact that FW seems to follow the western style of balance. One of these is balanced, make up your mind. Old PW, the **** current PW, or FW...

I'm not going to "argue" with a copy-pasted text it's like talking to a wall.
    edited October 2010
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

Look at barbs and BMs (pre-TB so no sins). What do you observe them having apart from ranged classes? That's right, number one thing, massive HP. /facepalm

What a moron.

Dude, we're talking about the here and now, WITH Tideborn.

This is what I mean, you're in your own little fantasy world of never-never dreamland. Wake up borsuc, it's not a year and a half ago, that's just in your mind.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    My only issue with tideborns is obviously assassin.

They have low HP (not as low as arcane though), but have stealth, 35m teleports, force stealth, a lot of control skills, etc...

so I didn't want to include them because then we would have a different topic about how "stealth is OP" or "stealth is fine" that is all. b:bye

One can say stealth + control skills + teleports augments the fact that they are melee, but that is a whole different topic. That is why I tried to stay clear of it.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What a moron.

Dude, we're talking about the here and now, WITH Tideborn.

This is what I mean, you're in your own little fantasy world of never-never dreamland. Wake up borsuc, it's not a year and a half ago, that's just in your mind.

What he is saying is....

Pre the -int craze, the general consensus was that the 6 original classes were mostly balanced in ablities.

His question, how can you know say it's still balanced when you bring 5.0 aps anything into the equation.

Melee damage has jumped in leaps in bounds with the new gear. Casters have increased in damage too, but not anywhere near proportionately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Pre the -int craze, the general consensus was that the 6 original classes were mostly balanced in ablities.

Is that really the general consensus? Before all this, when you rolled a BM and hit 100, you rerolled to another class, usually veno or archer, because it was useless being a 10x BM. You were a buff monkey and dragon *****. Venos were considered OP... they farmed all the early instances and made all the huge amounts of coin. Many of the people who are insanely wealthy now were venos when the server first started. They ruled the early game. The introduction of the Herc and Nix didn't help. Mages and Archers were considered the next OP classes for PvP. Up until event interval, BMs were non-factor. In my opinion, the only class that is still screwed is the Cleric.

Things change, things won't be nerfed, so one must ask what is the solution. Giving ranged magic classes similar DPS to the melee classes? Yeah, that in itself wouldn't be broken at all would it?

I also have never said 5aps wasn't broken. Ever. Nerfing it? It's not going to happen. Imagine spending your hard earned coin or money to +10 a full set.... then people complain about how OP they are because they can't afford to do the same so PWI decides to make any refine past +8 diminishing returns. Do you think the people who farmed or spent money to refine should or would have a right to be upset? No, of course not. It's OP and you don't have it so it doesn't matter to you... that's mostly the type of logic I'm seeing here and it's ****.

My only issue with tideborns is obviously assassin.

One can say stealth + control skills + teleports augments the fact that they are melee, but that is a whole different topic. That is why I tried to stay clear of it.

Ok, lets play again.

-interval gear is here to stay. So is 5aps. What else can be done that would make you happy?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Melee damage has jumped in leaps in bounds with the new gear. Casters have increased in damage too, but not anywhere near proportionately.

I know it is a little irrelevant but...

The reason why it happened was because of packs. It wasn't a coincidence that packs appeared just before the new -int class got here.

And now to the slightly relevant part: imbalance is what keeps the money coming. That's why it should be seen as a necessary evil, not as a "bad" thing what it really is.
    I just wonder how the hell was the game considered balanced back then before the -int craze? Were, say, barbs underpowered without fists? That is a contradiction. Also the fact that FW seems to follow the western style of balance. One of these is balanced, make up your mind. Old PW, the **** current PW, or FW...

I have a feeling that will change. The only thing that might save it is the new developer team but if the marketing team thinks that since it worked here it might work on FW it's ruined. Or if they consider FW as a new BoI or JD ie. a second class game that people play for a month and quit.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    When did I say a mage should have best DPS? It's already known archers (with bows mind you...) have had more... no wonder only a fool like you would think otherwise. Assassins, being squishy, may also have more DPS. They have basically same as archers but are melee... while they have a lot of better skills, it's still a factor to consider.

Mages shouldn't have DPS, period. There is no contest with other DPS classes. DPH classes hit harder but slower. DPS classes hit weaker but faster.
    So basically wizard should have DPH and range right? And trade all this for: massively reduced DPS, no anti-stun, squishiness, a lot of control skills, amps, debuffs, etc. Yeah right! (don't forget psys! what would you say about them, huh?)

You are not looking at DPH vs. DPS, you are just looking at the overall damage output. You are squishy because you can 1 shot people from distance. DPS classes need to get in zero range in order to deal damage, even then it takes lot more time for them to kill somebody. That is why BMs and Sins have anti-stun skills. Archers also have an anti-stun skill but it is generally compensation for the reduction in damage at close range.
    The reason you are a complete idiot is because our long channeling skills are for DPH. You don't use sandstorm or BIDS for DPS... so your point is complete nonsense. If you even compare wizards to psychics, our "basic" DPS spells like Gush and Pyrogram are very similar. (since a psy doesn't have as much DPH unless the lvl100 skill is taken in account).

Gush and Pyro are not for DPH yet their DPS is a lot lower than an interval class (or heck archers with bows can say the same thing). So what was your point again?

Gush and Pyro are NOT DPS skills. If you had a DPS skill, it would be something like Clerics' Thunderball (which is an useless skill), where one skill rapidly deals small amount of damage over certain time frame.

I don't think you get how powerful you are in PvP. You are NOT weak. It only seems that way because in PvE, bosses and even some mobs have several million HP so even a 400k hit seems very little. The trade off for DPS classes for their superiority in PvE is that they are a laughing stock of TWs where DPH classes are vastly superior.

But of course that's not good enough, Blademasters have to be their little stun/dmg amplifying monkeys in both PvE and PvP, even though the class description literally describes Blademasters as damage dealers and strong solo class. When they actually figured out how to deal damage, it caused uproar of QQs among the other DD classes because their monkeys evolved into humans and started dealing damage on their own.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What he is saying is....

His question, how can you know say it's still balanced when you bring 5.0 aps anything into the equation.

Correction, damage against a stationary target at melee range as gone up by leaps and bounds, which just happens to be most bosses. Before, fists were very inferior in PvP. In PvP there are no stationary targets unless you render them stationary, in PvP there is no permaspark unless you are fighting a really, really, bad barb.

If you touch classes or weapons, you can't balance one aspect of the game without affecting the other. Because the problem is perceived as PvE only, you change PvE. I say instances need to be changed to make casters better suited for them while not penalizing melee players.

For example: have bosses pace around but can be stunned and frozen so melees have to lock it down to DD (thus teaching people to use their skills as well) or have ranged characters in the squad. Have certain bosses split into 5 but each with 1/5 the hp, so melee DDs can take it down just as fast as before, while casters can AOE them efficiently. Decrease mdef of bosses. Stuff like that.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited October 2010
    I agree with it being wrong expecting a DPH class to have as high DPS as a DPS class but consider that wizards have like 30% higher DPH and 1000% lower DPS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Correction, damage against a stationary target at melee range as gone up by leaps and bounds, which just happens to be most bosses. Before, fists were very inferior in PvP. In PvP there are no stationary targets unless you render them stationary, in PvP there is no permaspark unless you are fighting a really, really, bad barb.

If you touch classes or weapons, you can't balance one aspect of the game without affecting the other. Because the problem is perceived as PvE only, you change PvE. I say instances need to be changed to make casters better suited for them while not penalizing melee players.

For example: have bosses pace around but can be stunned and frozen so melees have to lock it down to DD (thus teaching people to use their skills as well) or have ranged characters in the squad. Have certain bosses split into 5 but each with 1/5 the hp, so melee DDs can take it down just as fast as before, while casters can AOE them efficiently. Decrease mdef of bosses. Stuff like that.

And personally I agree with you. Except for sins, the -int hasn't affect PvP too much, I'd no problem with the instances themselves being changed instead.
    Is that really the general consensus? Before all this, when you rolled a BM and hit 100, you rerolled to another class, usually veno or archer, because it was useless being a 10x BM. You were a buff monkey and dragon *****. Venos were considered OP... they farmed all the early instances and made all the huge amounts of coin. Many of the people who are insanely wealthy now were venos when the server first started. They ruled the early game. The introduction of the Herc and Nix didn't help. Mages and Archers were considered the next OP classes for PvP. Up until event interval, BMs were non-factor. In my opinion, the only class that is still screwed is the Cleric.

Things change, things won't be nerfed, so one must ask what is the solution. Giving ranged magic classes similar DPS to the melee classes? Yeah, that in itself wouldn't be broken at all would it?

I also have never said 5aps wasn't broken. Ever. Nerfing it? It's not going to happen. Imagine spending your hard earned coin or money to +10 a full set.... then people complain about how OP they are because they can't afford to do the same so PWI decides to make any refine past +8 diminishing returns. Do you think the people who farmed or spent money to refine should or would have a right to be upset? No, of course not. It's OP and you don't have it so it doesn't matter to you... that's mostly the type of logic I'm seeing here and it's ****.

I've never understood why herc'd venos were considered broken for soloing instances, due to the fact they pay for that ability by taking 2-3x longer to farm the instance.

Whereas two 1-2 5 aps can farm faster than a squad of 6 with normal non -int gear. That's where it seems imbalanced to me.

And no, magic classes should never have the DPS of melee classes, but something needs to be done to give casters a place in end-game PvE.

You say wizards rock in TW. You realize a small group of people actually get to TW, so what about all the other casters?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Would be hilarious if they change the "Interval Between Hits -0.05" stat to "Attack Level +5" on all items for a week to see the QQs though lol
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010

The only suggestion I liked was the decreased mdef. Increase p. def, decrease HP to match the current boss kill time for 5 aps users and decrease the m. def to the point where wizards and psys can kill the bosses about as fast as perma-sparked aps chars. Who cares if the 5 aps chars do 50 damage per hit if the bosses still drop at the same speed and now wizards can kill the bosses just as fast themselves. Of course archers and barbs would be still 'screwed' but if you make a 'claw form' for barbs (less defense/HP boost than normal but can use claws) it's going to be much less of a problem and add masteries to both classes it should be fine.

The solution is very easy. But no, it won't happen.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The only suggestion I liked was the decreased mdef. Increase p. def, decrease HP to match the current boss kill time for 5 aps users and decrease the m. def to the point where wizards and psys can kill the bosses about as fast as perma-sparked aps chars. Who cares if the 5 aps chars do 50 damage per hit if the bosses still drop at the same speed and now wizards can kill the bosses just as fast themselves. Of course archers and barbs would be still 'screwed' but if you make a 'claw form' for barbs (less defense/HP boost than normal but can use claws) it's going to be much less of a problem and add masteries to both classes it should be fine.

yup, that is definitely an idea.
    I agree with it being wrong expecting a DPH class to have as high DPS as a DPS class but consider that wizards have like 30% higher DPH and 1000% lower DPS.

Small boobed astypoo! Where were you all weekend? b:sad
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010

I'm not sure that would exactly work, because then you'd get this question:

Why do the casters get to kill something as fast without spending the $$ to get 5 aps?

Suggestion I thought might be good was the one that reduction damage reduction on [?] based on range.

Not enough to make caster's damage on the boss equal 5 aps, they shouldn't. But maybe only have 50% reduction at range instead of 25%. This would allow bow archers to be somewhat competitive also, as for barbs... they're not meant to DD really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Why do the casters get to kill something as fast without spending the $$ to get 5 aps?

Suggestion I thought might be good was the one that reduction damage reduction on [?] based on range.

Not enough to make caster's damage on the boss equal 5 aps, they shouldn't. But maybe only have 50% reduction at range instead of 25%. This would allow bow archers to be somewhat competitive also, as for barbs... they're not meant to DD really.

All of those suggestions are assuming EVERY melee has 5 APS. By following any of those suggestions your royally **** the majority (yes, majority) of melee who are NOT 5aps. And thats a royally stupid idea.

The only real suggestion i can think of is for the bosses to have a debuff Aura that caps ppls APS (Aura so its not just purified and inconsequential). Sorta like how they stopped Herc farming by giving the bosses debuffs which can be purified from normal players but not purified from a Herc.
    edited October 2010

1000%? lol. Qualify that?

And personally I agree with you. Except for sins, the -int hasn't affect PvP too much, I'd no problem with the instances themselves being changed instead.

If anything the change would have to be done to bosses elemental resistances, but then to compensate mobs should have a much higher elemental resistance. Ever watch the first half of Celestial Tiger event? Who owns the mob portion of the event? Mages, psychics and archers. 5aps is relatively worthless in this situation.

I've never understood why herc'd venos were considered broken for soloing instances, due to the fact they pay for that ability by taking 2-3x longer to farm the instance.

Because a herc'd veno was able to solo farm. Back when I was grinding DQ for a living, veno's were soloing FB89 for apoc pages that sold for 200-400k ea and solo farming HH. They didn't have to share or split and their costs were minimal.
    You say wizards rock in TW. You realize a small group of people actually get to TW, so what about all the other casters?

They also do more damage in rebirth and whenever normal mobs are involved. Ever remember zhenning? What was the BM's role? Fish parties? lol We were never invited.

Would be hilarious if they change the "Interval Between Hits -0.05" stat to "Attack Level +5" on all items for a week to see the QQs though lol

Then I would go pure str build G15 Nirvana axes, and with the 30% Jones Blessing, +25 attack levels from converted interval and sharding full attack shards having up to 80 attack levels. Then you would QQ about being one shot with normal attacks.

BTW, pure str build Nirvana G15 axes is pretty high DPH. God_Evil on our server is a 500 str barb with +12 G15 axes, he often beats 5aps Barbs at the Celestial Tiger event. His max base patk is 21k? Then we'd hear complaints about that from all the casters too.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2010

As one of the maybe like 3 100+ archers on HT thats purely bow... i have to say this. There is NOTHING wrong with 5 aps. In fact... half of the 5aps whatever sucks... why? Because I can constantly hold aggro over 50% of them. And to 40% of them... going have to play aggro tag with me. There is only about 10% that can reliably hold aggro from me. And there are also casters that will give 5aps a run for their money.
    Just cause a lot of you suck... doesn't mean everyone should be dumbed down to your level. Especially those barbs who complain about not being able to hold aggro from 5aps users. Heck... you can't even hold aggro against archers... so even if they remove 5aps... you will still be back here complaing about losing aggro to archers. Even at 3aps... no barb is going to be able to hold aggro from a well geared sin.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited October 2010
    1000%? lol. Qualify that?
    Ehh I guess more like 800%
    Wiz are like 13kdps, 5.0 with similar refine is like 100kdps.

I can easily out dps a full squad of wiz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    As one of the maybe like 3 100+ archers on HT thats purely bow... i have to say this. There is NOTHING wrong with 5 aps. In fact... half of the 5aps whatever sucks... why? Because I can constantly hold aggro over 50% of them. And to 40% of them... going have to play aggro tag with me. There is only about 10% that can reliably hold aggro from me. And there are also casters that will give 5aps a run for their money.
    Just cause a lot of you suck... doesn't mean everyone should be dumbed down to your level. Especially those barbs who complain about not being able to hold aggro from 5aps users. Heck... you can't even hold aggro against archers... so even if they remove 5aps... you will still be back here complaing about losing aggro to archers. Even at 3aps... no barb is going to be able to hold aggro from a well geared sin.

An archer in red bubble can often hold aggro over an interval BM who is not in RB distance. When I was +7 4aps, a +8 HS pure dex archer could easily hold aggro over me.

Of course, I must be lying, because everyone knows interval is the death of PWI. lol
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Then I would go pure str build G15 Nirvana axes, and with the 30% Jones Blessing, +25 attack levels from converted interval and sharding full attack shards having up to 80 attack levels. Then you would QQ about being one shot with normal attacks.

BTW, pure str build Nirvana G15 axes is pretty high DPH. God_Evil on our server is a 500 str barb with +12 G15 axes, he often beats 5aps Barbs at the Celestial Tiger event. His max base patk is 21k? Then we'd hear complaints about that from all the casters too.
    +80 attack is not even double damage, I wouldn't really get one shot with "normal attacks"

And no I wouldn't QQ because if I had that similar gear I would survive TONS of hits from you

And last thing now... lol you keep bringing PvP into the discussion, my point was the amount of QQs we'll see regarding PvE farming d'oh and you went into a totally off topic remark
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010

yup, pretty much boils down to you suck, so cry bout it, baby tears are delicious.

and you aren't purely bow, you're a dual blade elf. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]