If you can solo it...why complain about death ?

GohRaL - Sanctuary
GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Barbarian
Well, im writing this thread to make a clear view on how of this comunity see this issue.

Yesterday night i was on a 3-1 run with a 90+ squad: Sin,Cler, Herc Veno and me.
The run was a bit poor since we got very few drops but that's not the problem...

every1 was well exped in his role. Cler was awesome, sin was a bit too excited and so i thought to teach him the hard way not to steal in difficult situation (you dont steal aggro while cler is dead and coming back), and last veno which was the higher of squad that said that she had SOLO the instance way to many times, but she joined squads cuz solo its boring..

Everything was fine and the run went smooth until we get to Illusion. While tanking Nemen, the herc got aggro for a bit and died in like 2 hits while i was already getting aggro back, at this point i ask apologize to veno since it was kinda late and i thought to take responsibility for that matter.
After that im seeing that she's not bringing it back but just DD with her class, i ask her if she intended to summon it again.

"That's the last time i bring it back, if he dies again im not gonna call it back" was her answer
I thought ok, you could have healed your pet if he took aggro for 2 seconds...but i didnt say anything for the sake of a smooth run...

She bring it back and we finish Nemen with no problems...then we went to Colluseat and in the middle of the boss herc took aggro again for 3 seconds and dies in 2 hits.

So she said "OK...im not summoning it anymore cuz it died again"
At this point im a lil pissed cuz she is blaming me that she cant tangling mire, amp, DD and take care of me...

THE FACT IS THAT YOU HAVENT TO TAKE CARE OF ME, YOU JUST HAVE TO DD AND HEAL PET FFS

I try to explain it politely that if she was able to solo the whole instance, then it's her fault if herc died in 2 hits cuz she should be able to keep him alive

after arguing for some time i decided to let her whine and upon the completing of run she got her drops and got out...

what bothers me is this: If you can SOLO the instance, then you wont have to complain if herc dies in 2 second of aggro swapping cuz you should be able to heal it properly...

what do you think about this ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
Post edited by GohRaL - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I don't think it has anything to do with her ability to solo. She shouldn't complain because it's not that big of a deal, and if it got aggro and died she either had bash on or wasn't paying attention, both of which she's responsible for. Even in an instance that she couldn't solo (such as 3-3) it still wouldn't be worth the fuss she made out of it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Interesting topic

Jw why it's in the barb section since the veno is at fault. Seeing as she DD aggroed and gave body motion on hell I took aggro I guess I am going to die here ... might as well not heal pet.

:\ I would've said f it and remove her from party for being bad for the parties survival. or at least of all give her a warning.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2010
    the legendary and fabled art of 'slap-a-hoe'. it works, try it
  • Putica - Raging Tide
    Putica - Raging Tide Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    less QQ More Pew Pew
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    I don't think it has anything to do with her ability to solo. She shouldn't complain because it's not that big of a deal, and if it got aggro and died she either had bash on or wasn't paying attention, both of which she's responsible for. Even in an instance that she couldn't solo (such as 3-3) it still wouldn't be worth the fuss she made out of it...

the fact that she's able to SOLO it, means that she usually doesnt make her pet die...

so if in a squad she would have it even more easy since she's not tanking...thats what i ment

its in Barb thread cuz id liek to hear other barbs opinion, but at this rate i think she was just a whiny *****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Obviously, she's at fault there. I wouldn't feel guilty that she got agro for two seconds. If a DD is fighting me for agro or not paying attention, then I don't take blame for it. It's that simple. Either let a tank do their job, or go back to doing it solo.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    TBH it sounds to me like Veno was using an attack macro and wasn't really paying 100% attention to the goings on. I could be wrong, but I've seen AFK DDs, venos and even clerics (rarely the barb though...) in TTs and in BHs.

But meh..it is what it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    TBH it sounds to me like Veno was using an attack macro and wasn't really paying 100% attention to the goings on. I could be wrong, but I've seen AFK DDs, venos and even clerics (rarely the barb though...) in TTs and in BHs.

But meh..it is what it is.

I used to macro tank 3-1 all the time, until one of the patches fubared macro settings and won't repeat on my account anymore for some reason.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2010
    I used to macro tank 3-1 all the time, until one of the patches fubared macro settings and won't repeat on my account anymore for some reason.

can't fury macro on pwi anymore, either. you have to add several more normal atk options or .. it gets confused? and stops working.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, I've been soloing 3-1 for the past few days, and it is mind numbingly boring.

But yea, just call her stupid and kick from the squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm kinda lost, if the veno said that they could solo the TT, why didn't the veno tank? then at least the veno could of been focused on healing instead of complaining about her pet dying. But anyway, yea that veno was just complaining, you shouldn't be too worried about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ive had veno's hercs and other pets take aggro from me in 3-1, and subsequently died. they didn't qq about it, and of course they brought it back out right away... but (having come from a veno before being a barb) I mentioned them that they should turn off its aggro skills so it wont take aggro and die (thus causing an overall decrease in dd power, and increased costs to veno for pet food to restore loyalty). One such veno just said "ummm... no". So.. ofw. if your pet dies its your fault not mine b:bye
    prof wrote: »
    can't fury macro on pwi anymore, either. you have to add several more normal atk options or .. it gets confused? and stops working.

Loop -> alacrity -> ream -> normal -> ream -> a couple more normals works for me with alacrity 8 as an auto canceling tank macro. Just need to keep potting, wear charm, or have cleric with demon IHB (later cases i could really afk the whole boss if the dd's aren't insanely OP).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    was a noob veno and qqer...food for pet is like free 25 cookies with 8 tokens i think.she need raise lvl of awareness and lower lvl of arrogance :D
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    was a noob veno and qqer...food for pet is like free 25 cookies with 8 tokens i think.she need raise lvl of awareness and lower lvl of arrogance :D

lol funny b:laugh

Guess the veno we talk about is :
    - Rapid lv up with BH and crazy stone while with help from higher lv or better players.
    - Don't enjoy having legendary pet. Cursing while collecting money to buy it, then cursing too after have the legendary pet.
    - Showing off usually mean the opposite.
    - Pissed off that she can't solo even though most people say venomancer can solo higher lv instance with hercules.
    - Playing too much.

b:laugh

Btw when i go back after type this to my character, she already died. QQ
    I try to do something with the 1st post, sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    To me, it sounds like she was being lazy. She decides she doesn't need to heal pet because you're there to tank. Why did she steal aggro then? It's her fault for letting Herc steal aggro and not healing it. I don't think her pet is your responsibility. She says she can do instance solo, so she could keep Herc alive despite him grabbing aggro. She's not pulling her own weight and she's blaming you for her own laziness.
    Amen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmm..... did this run take place AFTER the changes in 3-1?

Because if the answer is yes, then I have the answer to your question, dear OP. Random aggro, nasty aoe, debuffs and all the "cool" new things in 3-1 can shock some people.

After summer (after reading the forums and KNOWING about the changes), I went to tt3-1 and found out that we all died at the GBA boss. I, myself knew what went wrong, the rest did not; they were just confused and silent...

So... maybe the veno solo'ed it multiple times BEFORE the change and... well... she CAN'T after the change.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Hmm..... did this run take place AFTER the changes in 3-1?

Because if the answer is yes, then I have the answer to your question, dear OP. Random aggro, nasty aoe, debuffs and all the "cool" new things in 3-1 can shock some people.

After summer (after reading the forums and KNOWING about the changes), I went to tt3-1 and found out that we all died at the GBA boss. I, myself knew what went wrong, the rest did not; they were just confused and silent...

So... maybe the veno solo'ed it multiple times BEFORE the change and... well... she CAN'T after the change.

Nope, this issue happened during the EASY MODE 3-1...

so no random, amp or debuff was in Colluseat habit at that time b:dirty

i did many runs, with MANILY and EASY mode and i know what can be wrong in both and "who to blame"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • Siuki - Dreamweaver
    Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    veno can't steal agro from barb if turns bash off, hers fault for not doing so
    and yeah if veno can solo boss it doesnt mean herc cant die. herc can tank it with nonstop heals, if veno dd then prolly can't notice fast enough that herc have agro and heal it before it dies.
    in this case its 100% veno fault for not turning bash off, i would boot her out of squad for not summoning herc back to dd, cuz her pet prolly deals more dmg than her.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If you have a bragging player in your squad what do you do?
    Well, I've been soloing 3-1 for the past few days, and it is mind numbingly boring.

Sure, solo the run for me...

*watches*

*sees him dead*

Rawrgh "Wtf did you not heal me?"

Annoyed Cleric "You said you can solo normally since it is mind numbingly boring, I will get another cleric, since my rev is lvl1 anyway, pass lead please -inserts squad leader here"

*leader passes lead to annoyed cleric*

*cleric kicks Rwargh from squad and invites a decent barb*

I have seen people like him all the time, especially an archer (lvl77) with fist/claws thinking he can tank. I was on a pure VIT LVL51 veno and yet can tank better in TT1-1 better than him and needless to say, he was only stealing aggro and dieing. Also guess what? they died and with the other people that followed. I used to get in the squad wipe a lot. Now I know how to avoid squad wipes, as a tank, DD or healer.

Best advice, tell them to go ahead, or just kick them. To me, braggers just want attention.

Also, lol @ venoes stealing aggro from barbs... I really would like to know how venoes (except pets) steal aggro from barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If you have a bragging player in your squad what do you do?

I have seen people like him all the time, especially an archer (lvl77) with fist/claws thinking he can tank.

Fuzzy not think Rawrgh was bragging so much as just stating a fact.

...and please Yulk, when talking about tanking, don't compare a lvl77 archer to a lvl101 barb.

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i rememeber long time ago when we hade this system wish was like dont out agro from barb unless u can tank lol. a lv77 is not the same as a 100 player no matter what. i knew i wont keep agro nowdays in frost so i dont try 2 but dont expect me 2 tank cos i wont simpel cos i knew roles changed wish i accept but the new tanker should we able 2 tank that much i expect. i wont go dd and at same time look for the new tanker if he will do ups i must we tiggie now and tank before he dies that i wont DO.if party want me 2 tank i will but if someone agro it from me he will we on his own unles its accident.

this is cos we barb have 2 accept new roles but we aint here 2 baby sit ppl who clearly cant tank or dd properly. so u better knew ur rold on frost or we kicked out of itb:bye
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Fuzzy not think Rawrgh was bragging so much as just stating a fact.

...and please Yulk, when talking about tanking, don't compare a lvl77 archer to a lvl101 barb.

b:shutup

They both have the same attitude, making the level in vain. Sorry.

Level seems to matter, no matter how wrong they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    They both have the same attitude, making the level in vain. Sorry.

Level seems to matter, no matter how wrong they are.

Sorry Yulk, but in no way are a lvl 77 archer using fists/claws and a level 101 barb using fists/claws on the same playing field. The main difference being that one of them can stay alive. Level doesnt matter? The 101 barb has access to better gear (in terms of both refinement grade, defensive stats, and potential stat adds) and better gems to socket in that gear (due to higher grade), as well as a demon spark that when stacked with -int equips (like Rawrgh has) allows for perma (or near perma) sparking which doubles as healing and serious damage increase. Not to mention a barb's natural advantages from more hp per point of vit, hp buff, ability to turtle if necessary, etc.

Also, you said that you've seen people like him (it seemed you were referring to Rawrgh) before. I simply don't believe you. I can't think of a reason why you would have been squadded in a serious instance with a level 101 claw barb. You can't have been in nirvana and I can't fathom why/how you would have gotten into TT 3-x. Until you have actually seen a decent claw barb in action (don't know Rawrgh personally, but he seems to know what he's talking about), please do not comment on their capabilities as if you are an expert.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Sorry Yulk, but in no way are a lvl 77 archer using fists/claws and a level 101 barb using fists/claws on the same playing field. The main difference being that one of them can stay alive. Level doesnt matter? The 101 barb has access to better gear (in terms of both refinement grade, defensive stats, and potential stat adds) and better gems to socket in that gear (due to higher grade), as well as a demon spark that when stacked with -int equips (like Rawrgh has) allows for perma (or near perma) sparking which doubles as healing and serious damage increase. Not to mention a barb's natural advantages from more hp per point of vit, hp buff, ability to turtle if necessary, etc.

Also, you said that you've seen people like him (it seemed you were referring to Rawrgh) before. I simply don't believe you. I can't think of a reason why you would have been squadded in a serious instance with a level 101 claw barb. You can't have been in nirvana and I can't fathom why/how you would have gotten into TT 3-x. Until you have actually seen a decent claw barb in action (don't know Rawrgh personally, but he seems to know what he's talking about), please do not comment on their capabilities as if you are an expert.

Ok, fine, you have enlightened me of him being less inexperienced than that LVL77 wanna-be BM archer that only died like 15 times in a TT1-1 run. He's a barb that is meant for melee anyway, but still sucks.

-INT is for idiots, does not equate as knowing how to play your class. Any tard can use 5aps and perma spark. Also I make 10x more coin than him at same lvl difference. I remembered very well he QQed about not making money at pre-100 (or 90?). Not my fault he had to hyper to 100 to make money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    -INT is for idiots

New sig for me. Thanks for the "entertainment".

And no, I won't have -int gears unless something radical happens. Ie. I suddenly learn to make enough money for it.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2010

-INT is for idiots, does not equate as knowing how to play your class.

I agree completely that having -int gears does not mean you know how to play your class, but it does not mean someone doesn't know how to play their class either.

Saying "Rawrgh is fail, I made more money than him before he was a claw barb" (whether it's actually true or not) is just meaningless to the rest of this discussion and certainly does not prove anything about your or Rawrgh's quality as a barb.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    I agree completely that having -int gears does not mean you know how to play your class, but it does not mean someone doesn't know how to play their class either.

Saying "Rawrgh is fail, I made more money than him before he was a claw barb" (whether it's actually true or not) is just meaningless to the rest of this discussion and certainly does not prove anything about your or Rawrgh's quality as a barb.

I have like un-needed amount of coins and don't even know what to do with them. My inv is filling every 20 minutes, even as a pure vit 5x barb, I have a lot of trouble even trying to organize my inventory. genies, apoth, charms, shards, herbs, crafting mats, TT mats, celestones, mirage stones, decent weapons / armors, chi stones, stash all up in my safe/cupboard stone. I remembered him saying "you can't make money as a low lvl." simply because he himself can't do it. I hate when I get my inv filled too fast. I remembered paying 500-800k just for each decent 3* gears for my barb. One of my friends call me fail for buying gears for that price XD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I have like un-needed amount of coins and don't even know what to do with them. My inv is filling every 20 minutes, even as a pure vit 5x barb, I have a lot of trouble even trying to organize my inventory. genies, apoth, charms, shards, herbs, crafting mats, TT mats, celestones, mirage stones, decent weapons / armors, chi stones, stash all up in my safe/cupboard stone. I remembered him saying "you can't make money as a low lvl." simply because he himself can't do it. I hate when I get my inv filled too fast. I remembered paying 500-800k just for each decent 3* gears for my barb. One of my friends call me fail for buying gears for that price XD.

Look at it like this. You say you can make money, when you mean making less than 5m. If he means money making as getting more than 300m pre-90 (to save up for end-game gears) then he can say he's "unable to make money". I can get 5m in a month, less if I really worked for it. Even then, I have to say "I'm unable to make (enough) money." Enough is the key word here.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Fuzzy confused how we got off topic to the point of making money and full inventories.. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Look at it like this. You say you can make money, when you mean making less than 5m. If he means money making as getting more than 300m pre-90 (to save up for end-game gears) then he can say he's "unable to make money". I can get 5m in a month, less if I really worked for it. Even then, I have to say "I'm unable to make (enough) money." Enough is the key word here.

I get it xD. Well I make more than enough. Sorry for the "trolling" I'm just bored of farming so much b:surrender
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Fuzzy confused how we got off topic to the point of making money and full inventories.. b:shocked

We could just get back on topic b:chuckle . I'll just do TT later on b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG