Fortify or Domain ,chi siphon or cloud eruption ??????

Options
BlastingWave - Harshlands
BlastingWave - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Wizard
Hi all im a lvl 70 wizzie and now im gona try to get me a good genie but im a bit confused as to which skills are best for it , the biggest prob for me is that which should i get fortify or domain , im going with domain since at max lvl it will make you invulnerable for 4 sec and give you immunity from movemnt debuffs for 2 secs whereas fortify at max will only give you 5 secs so only domain will be needed and getting fortify with it will be of no use , also im not getting the very trendy Occult ice since its hit percent is damm low and well ill need 140 str to get 100% hit for it, 140 str b:sad ,also Chi siphon or cloud eruption , any other opinion on skill sets will be aknowledged on the side note i plan to get second wind and holy path as must have skills pls help ????? b:surrender
Post edited by BlastingWave - Harshlands on

Comments

• Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cloud Eruption. Domain is good and fortify is good, get both if you can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Just so you know fortify is 3 seconds at lvl 10 and every 30 dex you get a extra 1 second of stun immunity.

Not hard to get fortify, domain, and cloud eruption on one genie later on. Fortify works if you see the player going at you or to mess up a bm's stun lock. Domain has a really long cooldown but will save you when your stuck and are about to be bbq'd. Cloud eruption is really nice in moments you want to use multiple ultimates, your short on chi, and you don't need a target to use it.

I have no idea about chi siphon since I've never used or have gotten that skill so I cant knock it or recommend it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All those skills are really nice, with their own uses. I wouldn't suggest making an "end game" genie before you get there because you don't really know what its going to be like. Where fortify is an AMAZING skill at end game to resist stuns, I don't see it being much use at 7x. Domain is one of those skills that everyone should have on their genie, useful for everything basically (just a long cooldown and takes alot of energy). Chi siphon and cloud eruption are both good, chi siphon just gives more chi over time (not instantly like cloud eruption) so most people go w/ cloud eruption so they have chi when they need it. For a lowbie genie, I'd suggest getting skills like domain/holy path/cloud eruption/ and the last spot could be an amp or a heal skill. Later on you can choose your own genie :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yeah Domain HolyPath and Cloud are like must-have-basics

dont bother with the chi-syphone-thingie ^^, cloud is pretty decent

a common combination would be Frenzy for the aoe junkie :p
    to hit all targets harder (with your tons of chi)
    i like potato
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All those skills are really nice, with their own uses. I wouldn't suggest making an "end game" genie before you get there because you don't really know what its going to be like. Where fortify is an AMAZING skill at end game to resist stuns, I don't see it being much use at 7x. Domain is one of those skills that everyone should have on their genie, useful for everything basically (just a long cooldown and takes alot of energy). Chi siphon and cloud eruption are both good, chi siphon just gives more chi over time (not instantly like cloud eruption) so most people go w/ cloud eruption so they have chi when they need it. For a lowbie genie, I'd suggest getting skills like domain/holy path/cloud eruption/ and the last spot could be an amp or a heal skill. Later on you can choose your own genie :P

Well yeah, but... A lowbie genie with that... Tree of protection/extreme poison, 4 wood and 4 water. Cloud eruption is 7 metal ad 5 earth. That already requires the genie being level 95, which I dont consider a lowbie genie... (I dont have enough spirit to get my genie to 95...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well yeah, but... A lowbie genie with that... Tree of protection/extreme poison, 4 wood and 4 water. Cloud eruption is 7 metal ad 5 earth. That already requires the genie being level 95, which I dont consider a lowbie genie... (I dont have enough spirit to get my genie to 95...)

Well, there is a dispute whether or not eruption is necessary for a sage wizard. Before sage, there is no real debate...CE necessary. I'm a young sage, and I can tell u it's still necessary for me. But, I won't know the answer to the question until I get closer to 100.

The argument is that a sage wiz should have all the chi he/she needs without CE. I've got sage pyro and sage chi skill (frostblade gives little chi shots too), but I can tell u that by itself is not enough to always let me sutra an ult when I need it.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well, there is a dispute whether or not eruption is necessary for a sage wizard. Before sage, there is no real debate...CE necessary. I'm a young sage, and I can tell u it's still necessary for me. But, I won't know the answer to the question until I get closer to 100.

The argument is that a sage wiz should have all the chi he/she needs without CE. I've got sage pyro and sage chi skill (frostblade gives little chi shots too), but I can tell u that by itself is not enough to always let me sutra an ult when I need it.

But I'm a demon wizard. So yeah...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    by casting the sage chi skill u waste time, time is precious in a sutra

i get like 130 chi from lvl1 cloud..

sometimes (always) u just need raw amounts of chi lol

*sneaky wizard*

demon spark, mountain seize, fast stuff, dragon/bt

*thinks of a sutra sage spark ult-chain*
    i like potato
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    But I'm a demon wizard. So yeah...
    b:cuteim demon now
    by casting the sage chi skill u waste time, time is precious in a sutra

i get like 130 chi from lvl1 cloud..

sometimes (always) u just need raw amounts of chi lol

*sneaky wizard*

demon spark, mountain seize, fast stuff, dragon/bt

*thinks of a sutra sage spark ult-chain*

399 chi > sage BIDS > 199 chi > hailstorm > 2xx chi > BT > proc > 1xx chi > white tea > 3xx chi > lather > rinse > repeat b:dirty
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • BlastingWave - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    soooo for a lvl 70 wizzy with 299 chi

double spark burst >99 chi > fow + Cloud eruption for 113 chi > 2 sparks + chi > sutra > SS + Glacial + Div Pyro = dead BM or BARB

has i got it right ??? :D
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:cuteim demon now

399 chi > sage BIDS > 199 chi > hailstorm > 2xx chi > BT > proc > 1xx chi > white tea > 3xx chi > lather > rinse > repeat b:dirty
    How often can you repeat white tea?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    How often can you repeat white tea?

every 2 minutes

but you can also you cloud eruption b:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sorry but BIDS has 30 sec cooldown even if you had all the chi in the world.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cloud Eruption
    Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Expel
    Occult Ice
    Frenzy\Extreme Poison\Spark\some kind of amp or debuff
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cloud Eruption
    Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Expel
    Occult Ice
    Frenzy\Extreme Poison\Spark\some kind of amp or debuff

Do i have to get occult ice i mean it has a very low hit percent and even if you do add alot of str in your genie the hit percent still wont be that high , instead of occult ice i was thinking of getting fortify as anti stun since its got a low cooldown and uses only 82 energy so i can spam it with a extreme poison + both ext poison ,expel and fortify are dex based skills and well occult against a sin who has maze steps b:shocked . Also i was going through the ecatomb and saw another genie skill " Weakness " its say that it reduces the attack rate by 130% at lvl 10 , i mean from the description it seems wow against the 5 aps sins and BMs but is it realy cool any1 used it before b:puzzled
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Do i have to get occult ice i mean it has a very low hit percent and even if you do add alot of str in your genie the hit percent still wont be that high , instead of occult ice i was thinking of getting fortify as anti stun since its got a low cooldown and uses only 82 energy so i can spam it with a extreme poison + both ext poison ,expel and fortify are dex based skills and well occult against a sin who has maze steps b:shocked . Also i was going through the ecatomb and saw another genie skill " Weakness " its say that it reduces the attack rate by 130% at lvl 10 , i mean from the description it seems wow against the 5 aps sins and BMs but is it realy cool any1 used it before b:puzzled

Fortify is a great choice for a genie skill imo. Pro tip, leave fortify at lvl 1 so it only requires 55 energy, leveling the skill only lowers the chance of mdef debuff from 95% to 50%. You'll be using fortify mostly on barbs/bms/archers.. so that mdef debuff shouldn't be all that bad, and if you are really worried about it in mass pvp you can just hit a mdef charm or use ele shell as u fortify.. just my 2 cents :P
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Fortify is a great choice for a genie skill imo. Pro tip, leave fortify at lvl 1 so it only requires 55 energy, leveling the skill only lowers the chance of mdef debuff from 95% to 50%. You'll be using fortify mostly on barbs/bms/archers.. so that mdef debuff shouldn't be all that bad, and if you are really worried about it in mass pvp you can just hit a mdef charm or use ele shell as u fortify.. just my 2 cents :P

b:thanks the bms and barbs and sins are gona be b:angry ,

Btw a frnd of mine recommended to me expel and tree of protection , i know about expel but can someone pls explain tree of protection to mea nd how will it save me , ive got only 2k hpb:cryb:surrender
    edited October 2010
    Options

b:thanks . alot of BMs and barbs and sins are gona be super pissed at me xD

also a frnd recommended tree of protection but i dont know about its effectiveness sinc i only have 2k hp b:surrender ,pls comment
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ignore the two replies pls < slaps self >
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:thanks . alot of BMs and barbs and sins are gona be super pissed at me xD

also a frnd recommended tree of protection but i dont know about its effectiveness sinc i only have 2k hp b:surrender ,pls comment

with 2k hp, you'd be better off with second wind imo. I'd start considering tree when you hit like 5k+ hp. You can't put every good genie skill on your genie, so you'll need to choose your favorites. My genie is 88/100 discipline with..

Wind Force
    Holy Path
    Fortify
    Domain
    Frenzy
    Extreme Poison
    Spark

I'd love to have a heal genie skill, but these are more important to me. Besides, I'm always charmed when I'm out pking and I'm spamming hp pots so I doubt a heal skill would really help me that much. You just gotta experiment with genie skills and see what you end up using the most.
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sage or Demon, you never have too much Chi. A good wiz will have either Cloud Eruption or Chi Siphon on his genie.

Don't listen to those who say that Chi Siphon isn't worth **** or that it gives Chi over time... It's false. It's a great skill that gives instantly even more Chi then Cloud Eruption. The true disadvantage of Chi Siphon is that it requires an ennemy target within 15 meters to be used, while you can use Cloud Eruption whenever you want.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    exent wrote: »
    Sage or Demon, you never have too much Chi. A good wiz will have either Cloud Eruption or Chi Siphon on his genie.

You can never have too much chi, but there are other more valuable genie skills than cloud eruption for a sage wizard. You're horribly naive if you think you need cloud eruption to be a good wiz lmao.
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i found ad priceless no matter class vs anything pvp or pve eve more let you protect ur team like when snake warsong boss is 200k hp and so much more
    i don't know chi sifon but all my genies got cloud eruption...small trick is keep it low lvl 4-5 so don't need 166 vitality ...as long u got a strength genieb:victory
  • exent
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You can never have too much chi, but there are other more valuable genie skills than cloud eruption for a sage wizard. You're horribly naive if you think you need cloud eruption to be a good wiz lmao.

Well I must be naive then cause yes, I really do believe Cloud Eruption gives any wiz a very useful edge in many situations.

Of course there are other important skills to have, but Cloud Eruption is definately in my top 6 skills, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the same.

Now please, teach us with your all knowing wisdom and let us know which other 6 skills are so much better then Cloud Eruption that it's not even worth to consider teaching it to your genie...
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    exent wrote: »
    Well I must be naive then cause yes, I really do believe Cloud Eruption gives any wiz a very useful edge in many situations.

Of course there are other important skills to have, but Cloud Eruption is definately in my top 6 skills, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the same.

Now please, teach us with your all knowing wisdom and let us know which other 6 skills are so much better then Cloud Eruption that it's not even worth to consider teaching it to your genie...

Ofc it gives an edge, its a skill. I just feel the other skills are more useful for me. I use all of my genie skills quite regularly (wind force, holy path, fortify - greatest genie skill of all time imo, domain, frenzy, extreme poison, and spark), and although cloud has its uses I would never even consider giving up any of my current skills for it. If I had a 91+ genie I'd probably try to work out a way to get expel or wind shield. If I were a demon mage I'd more than likely work out a way to get cloud on a genie, but I really don't have any trouble with chi.. at all. You're entitled to your opinion that cloud is a great genie skill, which I respect.. but saying that you need it to be a good wiz is laughable.
  • exent
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ofc it gives an edge, its a skill. I just feel the other skills are more useful for me. I use all of my genie skills quite regularly (wind force, holy path, fortify - greatest genie skill of all time imo, domain, frenzy, extreme poison, and spark), and although cloud has its uses I would never even consider giving up any of my current skills for it. If I had a 91+ genie I'd probably try to work out a way to get expel or wind shield. If I were a demon mage I'd more than likely work out a way to get cloud on a genie, but I really don't have any trouble with chi.. at all. You're entitled to your opinion that cloud is a great genie skill, which I respect.. but saying that you need it to be a good wiz is laughable.

Ok, you're right on one thing, maybe I shouldn't say a good wizz will have it on his genie. For the same reason, a player can still be good if he's wearing a full suit of rank 9 gear, even if he has a genie that has 10 lucky points at lvl 100... Everybody plays the way they want, and that's fine. You have your favorite skills, which are obviously PvP oriented, and I also respect that. However, I still believe that Cloud Eruption is perhaps the most versatile and useful skill a wiz can get. Also, you're the first wizard I see who says you wouldn't care for more Chi...
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    /completely agrees

I don't find myself with chi problems at all, ever. CE is good, but as stated by Adroit I just don't find it useful, and would rather have other skills. Different strokes for different folks.
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

Completely agree with you here...my genie skills aren't yet complete as I've only just finally managed to make an 81+ genie and still trying to get it to lvl 100 for the last few affinity points, but I'm not expecting to have space for CE on there...
This discussion has been closed.