New expansion and new pets!

Options
Desdi - Sanctuary
Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Venomancer
After the rumors from the chinese sites have been confirmed by Frankie's lastest post, there's a new expansion coming which means.....new pets!

I would love to see more DPS/Tank pets to increase our pet options instead of sticking to the best 2-3 pets available because it becomes quite boring to see everyone having the same pets...Besides, we needed new pets to experiment and have fun with!

What are your opinions? What are you expecting? or what would you like to see in the new pets?
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
Post edited by Desdi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• BassFace - Harshlands
    BassFace - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    After the rumors from the chinese sites have been confirmed by Frankie's lastest post, there's a new expansion coming which means.....new pets!

I would love to see more DPS/Tank pets to increase our pet options instead of sticking to the best 2-3 pets available because it becomes quite boring to see everyone having the same pets...

What are your opinions? What are you expecting? or what would you like to see in the new pets?

Yea its pretty lame seeing five million tigers running around now. I wont get that pack just because I dont want the same pet as EVERYONE else. I want a transformer lion....
  • Sabatier - Raging Tide
    Sabatier - Raging Tide Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    not enough detail yet to make any educated assumptions, but from some of the artwork it looks like ground breaking open etc.. so I would expect another rock type - perhaps a lava type golem (similar to the non tameable ones near the glacial walkers) with fire based attacks

sticking with the underground theme maybe a giant Wyrm type tank pet (like dune or that summoner bot boss at the back of fb79). An if one of it's attack animations was to rise up in the air and dive down in the mob swallowing it.. sweet ;)

for dps, I am not sure. I would love for some more of the humanoid mobs to be tameable, so perhaps something similar to the pyrogoths for a ranged fire based dps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I like your ideas Sabatier and I have a strong feeling that the new tank pet (if there will be one) will also be a rock-type. I would be so happy if I'm mistaken!

Range dps pet sounds very very interesting....

I was going to invest some money in my pets one of these days. I haven't all of the skills maxed (of the main pets) but I'm going to keep the money until the release. I didn't like any of the Tideborn pets except for the skatefish but I don't use air pets anymore unless I have air quests. So taming, leveling and investing into an air pet would be such a waste for me. I already had a tank pet and later I acquired the Hercules and I used other pets for DPS/support.
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What are you expecting

Nothing. This is a F2P game, after all.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The only pet i would look forward to would be either a legendary or cute rare for water pet. A penguin would be so awesome.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The only pet i would look forward to would be either a legendary or cute rare for water pet. A penguin would be so awesome.

This or a seahorse. xD
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    A penguin.....omg I'd love a penguin...
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    if i'd have a choice in any water pet... I'd go for a sea dragon or serpent... -drool-
    One with a rare bleed ailment skill attack ~hiss~ XD

for a land pet i'd want a match between a DW and one of those flower/blossoms in cave of disaster, like a centaur or something...
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Jamie_Rebecc - Dreamweaver
    Jamie_Rebecc - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I am quiet looking forward to it myself. And their is actually a water legendary pet. Its a turtle... Disappointed huh? D: So am I. I've seen it on the Chinese forums. I don't wonder why they didn't put it on here, frankly since just my two legendary pets costed me almost 300 real US dollars. But. I am quiet looking forward to the expansion with the new pets. I might have no room for it in my pet bag.. with my 4 mounts and other pets and all. But I would love to see the new pets running around and find what pets are best for other players. :)
    Jamie_Rebecc 9X - Herced/Nixed venomancer of Dreamweaver
    Actual join date: 3/16/2009

Half way there on getting my beamhoof slicer b:dirty

Ex-Factions: Crusaders, Dynasty, HDT
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have a nix and a herc, dont need anything else. I want new cute all class pets for my alt tho. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So there is a new legendary pet...I wonder what kind of skills it's going to have. I could assume that it's going to work as a water tank and have similar skills to the Hercules but on the other hand there are some legendary skills that most of us have never seen in-game let alone auction.
    If they have this water legendary pets, this means they are increasing the water quests and waters areas...otherwise buying that pet would be pretty pointless (except for those who can afford pretty much anything).

I mostly want a new dps that looks nice. I don't like the Dark Wanderer nor the Scorpion...so i'll be saving the money I was going to put in the pets he he.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the turtle in question was an all class pet available from the pet packs that came out earlier in the year.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=478842

this is not a legendary pet - it is a fashion item. I already have one cluttering up my safe.

sorry to burst the bubble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nothing. This is a F2P game, after all.
    You know what.

Nevermind. Not even worth it.

Anyway, we already talked about this Desdi hehe..but GIB ME NEW AREAS TO RULE OVER >:3
    I mostly want a new dps that looks nice. I don't like the Dark Wanderer nor the Scorpion...so i'll be saving the money I was going to put in the pets he he.
    There's a rather cute looking lvl28 scorpion in scorpion valley.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Aww well not that I care for a new legendary anyway xD I've seen that turtle a couple of times.

I actually kinda like those red scorpions (not sure if we're talking about the same thing) but I don't know how good their performance is compared to the varicose one. I funny their animation funny though, they look as if they are dancing b:laugh

and LOL everyone I asked today said they were excited for new areas for TW XD
  • bubbelgirl
    bubbelgirl Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i hope that there will b some more variation in the mobs after this expantion, thus also in the pets. Now that i'm thinking about it an assasin-kinda like pet would b cool, sneak-up on ur prey.b:chuckle. also in the gear some more different looks would b nice 4 a change. & last but not least, some more quests/instances 2 sharpen our reflexes (& mayb new skills) on brand new mobs.
  • BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver
    BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bubbelgirl wrote: »
    i hope that there will b some more variation in the mobs after this expantion, thus also in the pets. Now that i'm thinking about it an assasin-kinda like pet would b cool, sneak-up on ur prey.b:chuckle. also in the gear some more different looks would b nice 4 a change. & last but not least, some more quests/instances 2 sharpen our reflexes (& mayb new skills) on brand new mobs.

Assassin-kinda pets hmm... b:dirty i'd love that b:laugh we'll be op venos with op fisheh pets.
  • angelitoz
    angelitoz Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yea its pretty lame seeing five million tigers running around now. I wont get that pack just because I dont want the same pet as EVERYONE else. I want a transformer lion....

tigers wat tranformer tiger new to veno class
  • Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'd love some new normal tamable pets. And a new rare pet would be great to. New legendary pet i dont need seeing i didnt even get the first to yet :p
    But a new sweet rare OR a good DD-pet would be awesome.

Although i hear that maybe the mystics will also be able to summon pets? That would be bad lol. I wonder how they'll be able to keep each class intersting in teamplay...
    Worst thing they could do against veno's is allowing mystics to summon their own pet thats as strong as a veno's herc/nix but only would be free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • Vortella - Archosaur
    Vortella - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I am not sure that any summoning will be like a veno's pets.

My guess is that it will be more like the parasites that venos throw at their targets for the different spell effects -- more of a description of the effect than a description of the actual game play mechanics.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'd love some new normal tamable pets. And a new rare pet would be great to. New legendary pet i dont need seeing i didnt even get the first to yet :p
    But a new sweet rare OR a good DD-pet would be awesome.

Although i hear that maybe the mystics will also be able to summon pets? That would be bad lol. I wonder how they'll be able to keep each class intersting in teamplay...
    Worst thing they could do against veno's is allowing mystics to summon their own pet thats as strong as a veno's herc/nix but only would be free.

they wont really be like pets , in many other games Summons are creatures that last for a small amount of time and act like a scrapegoat

New classes will be interesting but im sure veno wont fall back

As for pets i would like some birds maybe or more humanshape pets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've been wondering the same things ever since the introduction of the new classes. What I have learnt through these two years in this game is that the skill descriptions are not very reliable and thus I don't know what to think or what to believe.

It appears as if the mystics are going to be able to summon temporary pets, as Phoenix has pointed tou, perhaps of various elements but then again it could just be like Vortella says...nevertheless, I'm very curious about it. Whatever the outcome is, I'll stick to my Venomancer 'till the end.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *wants pets that buff me hehe*
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *wants pets that buff me hehe*

and picks up the drops for us , dont forget about that b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lmao our personal servants XD
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lmao our personal servants XD

xD I'd pay good money for that ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    While we're dreaming, what about a pet that goes to town and sells our drops for us?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    With more than the available slots a catshop offers. ;p
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Also wait and take the attendance sheet for us while we are out and farming mats b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And all available in-game for the low low price of 5000 gold, whooo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL Alphae that was totally the cherry on the top.