or:

1. 5 Mag
2. 1 Vit 4 Mag

or

1. 5 Mag
2. 1 STR 1 Vit 3 Mag

or

1. 5 Mag

I found a forum for reviewing such builds, which one is good for the psychic? I'm newbie ^ ^
Post edited by fujer on

Comments

• Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Personally? I went Vit/Mag. (2 vit, 3 mag.)

.-. Psychic forums, ftl? b:sad
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    do 9 magic 1 strength every 2 levels.
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Every two levels, you get 10 points that you can distribute. From those 10 points, you have to put at least 1 str and 6 mag or else you will not be able to wear up to date armor and weapons. Most people will put the remaining 3 points into mag as well but some feel they might need more hp so they will put some of those remaining 3 points into vit. How much you put into vit depends on how you play and if you feel you need more.

Hope I Helped ^^
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    fujer wrote: »
    1. 5 Mag
    2. 1 STR and 4 Mag

This is the build that most people use (or if not, they usually end up restatting to this build later)
    1. 5 Mag
    2. 1 Vit 4 Mag

There's no str in this build, and you wouldn't be able to use your soulsphere or armor.
    1. 5 Mag
    2. 1 STR 1 Vit 3 Mag

I personally followed a variation of this build (added vit when I felt like it and capped at 50). It's pretty nice in the low/mid levels, especially if you like tanking damage in White Voodoo. Though it does get overshadowed endgame by the first build you mentioned.
    1. 5 Mag

Same problem as the second build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • fujer
    fujer Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    thanks for help :)
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    1 str 4 Mag (per lvl) or 9 Mag(per 2 levels) for PvE Only aka Pure Mag.

2 Vit 3 Mag (needed Str points come out from Vit) for if you want to PvP later
    aka Mag Tank Build.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I went pure mag (9 mag 1 str every 10 points), and here's why.

1) We get 10 hp per vit, and while that may add up soon enough, it's still not enough. You'd generally get more when refining. And yes, I am aware that you also get some p.def and m.def with statting vit. However, the amount is minsicule. Refines/shards work better in that aspect.

2) A pure build is great for PvE, and it actually can hold its own in PK situations. As a pure build, I have just under 4700 hp unbuffed, which is a one-hit for most things if I can't get my skills/apoth/whatever off on time. But ask anyone who has been killed by me and they'll say that I hurt. A lot. So I don't mind dying much in TW, as long as I hurt back. :D

But in realilty, it's all depending on how you want to play your psy. Make sure you have enough str to equip the latest stuff though. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    my new build is the pure magic build (9 magic 1 str per 2 lvs) BUT i kinda...took some out of magic and added enough to str so i could wear the warsong hp helm.....imo the 50 maigc was worth the 1.3k hp (at only +8, gonna + 10 it eventually for +440 more hp) and +1% crit b:surrender

Edit : forgot i already had the chacter mad ein calc

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a4afa6cc9706d847
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Cheybabii - Harshlands
    Cheybabii - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Originally Posted by Derressh
    Originally Posted by fujer
    1. 5 Mag
    2. 1 STR 1 Vit 3 Mag
    I personally followed a variation of this build (added vit when I felt like it and capped at 50). It's pretty nice in the low/mid levels, especially if you like tanking damage in White Voodoo. Though it does get overshadowed endgame by the first build you mentioned.

Now I'm curious if you think using a build such as this or a variant would be good till about when? I was thinking about using this build and maybe switching back to the pure build in the later levels. Going off what you said about it being good in the low/mid levels it seems like a good choice. Input?
    ~FallenAngel~
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Now I'm curious if you think using a build such as this or a variant would be good till about when? I was thinking about using this build and maybe switching back to the pure build in the later levels. Going off what you said about it being good in the low/mid levels it seems like a good choice. Input?

Personally I love it for right now. And it's a pretty legit build until you can afford to refine your equipment fairly well (usually around 9x+)

Since I have the vitality, my magic damage is nerfed so I have a smaller chance of stealing aggro. And when I do happen to steal it, the HP buffer gives me time to switch into White Voodoo / Flip on Psychic Will etc. And the extra HP has saved my life multiple times in PvP situations.

I have a pure magic psy friend who is currently 1 level above me, and she steals aggro and dies much more than I do. So I feel it's a much more balanced build. I might not do quite as much damage as other psys, but I'm much sturdier than another at my level, and I can still 2 / 4 shot mobs at my level (depending on element).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i wasnt pure mag until i restated at 100. around 22vit although I cannot understand how i got it. I think it's a nice option, the reset note was ~3-5gold.