Nix and Herc

EviLBarbieRO - Lost City
EviLBarbieRO - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
2day is my free day so i come with question. Don't be mad on me i just try 2 understand some things b:pleased. So last year a herc or a nix was around 20mil now is 80mil how the hell can i get a herc/nix without real money, that will take me a lot of time to grind for the pet. So someone can explain me why is now so expensive a herc/nix?
Post edited by EviLBarbieRO - Lost City on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, in short: gold got ~4 times as expensive = herc/nix got ~4 times as expensive.

And I don't know how venos do it without spending real money, other than having a LOT of patience (or a higher level main to farm dungeons/merchant).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So someone can explain me why is now so expensive a herc/nix?

One word: Inflation.
    And besides, you don't need a herc/nix to kick some butt. My Veno has a Novastok Shieldbearer...and he hits pretty hard. xD
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As herc and nix become more and more expensive, venos are learning to adapt and most have done things with a normal pet that was previously thought to be believed that only herc could do.
  • EviLBarbieRO - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    One word: Inflation.
    And besides, you don't need a herc/nix to kick some butt. My Veno has a Novastok Shieldbearer...and he hits pretty hard. xD

i don't need it to kick some butt i need it for frost and HH, with herc i can make solo HH and get the drops and i don't need to share so i can sell them. and an armored bear i don't think he can handle so much as an herc
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i don't need it to kick some butt i need it for frost and HH, with herc i can make solo HH and get the drops and i don't need to share so i can sell them. and an armored bear i don't think he can handle so much as an herc

You do know that some of the drops that you will need, the herc will not be able to tank them. It's also not that worth it to solo TT as a veno anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010

Nah, just get to level 93, run around Harshlands (the area, not the server, although you can do that too--) and catch you some Shieldbearers.
    >.> tbh, if you were on my server I'd give you my Herc. My giant smashy snowman is better methinks. I love the look on people's faces when they see it running towards them instead of a herc/nix. b:chuckle Especially Assassins.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Nah, just get to level 93, run around Harshlands (the area, not the server, although you can do that too--) and catch you some Shieldbearers.
    >.> tbh, if you were on my server I'd give you my Herc. My giant smashy snowman is better methinks. I love the look on people's faces when they see it running towards them instead of a herc/nix. b:chuckle Especially Assassins.

Herc's untradeable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010

lawl b:chuckle

To the OP, a herc is not a necessity but a luxury, same goes for a nix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Herc's untradeable.

That'd figure. >.>
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    a herc is not a necessity but a luxury

Higher level squads will disagree with you there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Only the stupid ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010

A 10x squad will rarely ask for a veno/herc. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    On a PvP server you're better off with a Nix anyway. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Merchanting.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Dear - Raging Tide
    Dear - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It's possible to save up for a Herc without spending real money, it took me 3 months to save up, got it for 66mil (in June, on Sanctuary). Maybe it would be 4 months now? ^^; I was just grinding and TTing with friends / faction and sold the mats. Not planning to get a Nix because I do not PVP and cannot take it to dungeons.
    Lvling this char soon
  • EviLBarbieRO - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    nix are only for PvP, herc are for tank, and if i get a herc i 1-2mounths i will get a nix 2 because with a herc u make faster money i think b:shocked
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The bird is good for pve too, depending on what level you are when you get it. If you're still at a point where you grind/quest often, the nix is a better choice than the herc imo. I've made way more grinding with my nix than I have farming with my herc (but I also hate farming so... lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    All we need is Yindra to open her mouth and this thread would be complete.