Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    not moles... but hamstersb:cry
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Good thing I never spent a penny thenb:victory.

i dont get it if you cash shopped a sin then you can farm with it meaning you can farm the money for oracles/hypers for the new classes. i rolled a 5aps and new classes are coming. GREAT now i can use the money i got from farming with my bm to buy w/e gear it needs.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Good thing I never spent a penny thenb:victory.

hows the weather up there in your ivory tower of self satisfaction?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Those 2 new classes sound like wizard and psychic all over again :o.

lol guild bases?
  • _Ares - Dreamweaver
    _Ares - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I wonder how they'll look like.. kinda sounds like dwarves or something. I would like a centaur race though b:laugh
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Imagine what kind of flying method they would have. We have

Standing Flys - Untamed and Humans

Wing Flys - Elf and Tideborn

Do you think they will just fall into one of these categories or form one of their own?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    rumor has it they have a little spaceship they sit in and they ride place's :O

j/k :p but it would be interesting to know what kind of flymount they'll have
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Imagine what kind of flying method they would have. We have

Standing Flys - Untamed and Humans

Wing Flys - Elf and Tideborn

Do you think they will just fall into one of these categories or form one of their own?

they're gonna fly on rocks like that chick from teen titans

hows the weather up there in your ivory tower of self satisfaction?

QFA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:surrender
    if u read this news on cn server website,
    the title for this expansion is...

<<Perfect World International 2012>>
    b:surrenderagain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizard_El - Raging Tide
    Wizard_El - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i hope it good but i know its bad
    chinnesse version say 2012=end of world
    american say genisis=beginingb:surrender
    and y wont they let me post on another account is it cuz im always blood red with my psy and sinbb:angry
  • Wolferinex - Lost City
    Wolferinex - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Mystic sounds like Jadeon alot in JD.
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Do I foresee a chanter class? b:dirty
  • Lembech - Dreamweaver
    Lembech - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Woo! Been wondering when new classes come out. :D

Well, according to the Chinese website:

...announced that its national pilot of the original 3D online games for "Perfect World" will be December launch of a disaster theme pack "Perfect World 2012."

So yeah, it's coming out soon! :D

Oh, and I hope they fix the whole 'time looping' thing.. or what is probably called 'rubber banding' generally. Haha. I did find a way to fix that problem though... get on your aerogear.
  • earo
    earo Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    From the comment I put on the "news" page. (edited style)

Hmmm... Seeker... Mystic...

I kinda liked the "direct translation" better... where the race was "Wraith"
    tho the direct translation of the class would sound weird... Sword Wraith, Attractive Wraith, LOL
    Anyways... I think the title Perfect World 2012, is better than "Genesis" mostly because not everyone believes in the book that contains "Genesis" while, 2012 is world wide non-religion related myth event. (not to mention... Chinese History have the myth 2012 in it, but not Genesis... since Chinese History does not have those religions related to the "book", which is what PW is made out of... Chinese History...)

And yea, Chinese PW is coming out in December of this year, at least that's what it said... ~~~ it'll probably take 1-2 years for the English version

My main question (as others already asked)...
    any update on what the "race" looks like?
    and what the "class" are?
    (such as DD, Tank, Support, etc.?)

cause the last 2 new class... are DD...
    (we have WAY too much DD around already.... needs some "unique" classes....)
  • videomast3r925
    videomast3r925 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The concept art looks fantastic! Would love to see the concept art of the actual race though

where did you find the concept art? I couldn't find it in the Chinese website. Can you give me the link you found it at please?
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well well.. in my opinion for what flying gear they will have, I think they will be wings.

http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/CA-3small.jpg
    http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Concept-Art-1small.jpg

on the first picture, if you look to the Top Left, you will see what look like the new race themselves flying, and on the 2nd pic, if you look at the statues, they have wings on them. Therefore I think they will be wings lol.

Looking forward to what they can do.., I play as a wiz and love it..
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • BoozeLover - Dreamweaver
    BoozeLover - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    For new races I definitely hope that another is tanker and another is healer, add another pure DD class and I b:surrender

anyway the story (my version) would be..

Oracles, constant packs and hypers caused too massive imbalance in perfect world causing it to start falling apart.

After the world was saved the people started to care casual players more and and power lvl less in fear of another apocalypse.

b:laugh

k kidding...

and as some1 mentioned hope they upgrade WHOLE map not just new area.

also as some1 mentioned FIX FIX FIX NO ADD ADD ADD

oh and maybe NOT add new type of weapons, rather use the old ones

PS:make fist BM only and let rest QQ themselfs dead..k another joke...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stripboekenfan
    stripboekenfan Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So, if you want one of these new characters...,
    do you have to delete one of your other chars if you already have six?
    In other words, will we be able to create more characters at the character creation screen?

I would like to ask the same before I saw this post, so I'm just quoting (and slightly editing) it here. Does anyone know more about this please? ^^ b:thanks

Especially because I think lots of people (including me :P) have 6 characters already and would not like to delete one of them b:shocked
  • Alkaia - Harshlands
    Alkaia - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Another OP class? who knows.

Its will be funny to see an OP class since all those who rerolled sins are basically ****ed. b:laugh
  • Lidell - Lost City
    Lidell - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    In the wake of the destruction of the Perfect World, people no longer have the will to attack so fast.

There, I set it up for you, now nerf APS so everyone can move on with their day.

;3
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    caelcross wrote: »
    New classes seem like a copy of the tideborns.. a magic class and a ranger/light armor type. Hope that im wrong and theyre not only more dd types and have some kind of mayor support role; if not this expansion couldve been done without them, since if they only more dd, itll be harder to find clerics and barbs around

+1. What we really need are more tank and healer options. I bet this won't even be released until 2012, so no point in getting upset about lack of details yet. New info will come in time.
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I hope to god Seeker = Paladin.

I would re-roll immediately.

+1,000,000!!! A Holy Tank would rock!!!
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Go here for the original news post, which includes some new concept art :)

Perfect World: Genesis

An ancient Pan'Gu prophecy has foretold the destruction of Perfect World:

"There will be a time when the beautiful world will cease to exist as we know it today.

The land of Perfect World will suffer destruction the likes of which has never been seen. The world will be torn apart, leaving massive crevasses across its surface. The oceans will rage with turmoil and the tides will swallow everything in their path. The races of the world, thrown into chaos, will not understand what is happening to their beautiful world."

The time of the prophecy has come.

However, within the depths of the underground, an ancient race of people with arcane powers and innate psychic abilities has foreseen the coming of this post-apocalyptic world. In knowing the future, they have dedicated their lives to prepare for such a day. The time has now come for them to emerge from the underground. They must join the other races of Perfect World and fight alongside them through the coming disaster.

Players will be able to participate in helping to restore the world back to its Perfect state. What changes has the destruction brought upon our Perfect World? What new challenges await you? Prepare yourself for Genesis!

- New Race - The Earthguard
    - Two new classes - "Seeker" and "Mystic"
    - New areas to explore
    - New dungeons
    - New monsters and gear
    - New guild bases
    - NEW PACKS

Perfect World: Genesis - Coming soon to a PWE Free-to-Play near you!

- PWE Staff

Can't help it b:chuckle
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • RyuKage - Harshlands
    RyuKage - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I wonder what kind weapon the Seekers use, I hope its a Great Sword or Clawed Gauntlets.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I apologize for not reading the whole thread. Any1 knows about an estimate date of the launch??? Will it be around the same time as in China? Or laaaaater?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    Seekers will use a pickaxe. They're mole men and seek gold. b:pleased
  • Morath - Harshlands
    Morath - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    okay guys this might just be a random fact lol but in one of the pictures there r people in the air with wings on the far left http://pwi.perfectworld.com/images/content/CA3.jpg so their flying mount might be wings
  • Brionni - Harshlands
    Brionni - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I want them to be dwarf-style, cute little dwarf-girls and bearded dwarf-men b:cute, like in Forsaken or LineageII. Tired of creepy ***-looking fishfolk.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, that finishes the 5 elements assigned to races theory that came up not too long ago.

Human (Fire)
    Untamed (Wood)
    Tideborn (Water)
    Elf (Metal)
    Earthguard (Earth)

Now if only they would add my suggestion of a 6th purchase-to-unlock heavenly race that can only have certain aspects unlocked through additional purchases but is overpowered to a decent extent (say 20%) compared to parallel class types and incorporates all the best aspects of the other similar type classes.

Phys class - HP of barb, stealth of sin-defense selectability of bm as well as a universal melee buff all with the ability to attack as fast as a bm/sin with the power and evasion of an archer.

Magic class - buffability/healing of a cleric, pet and debuff of a veno, aoe repeatability and retaliatory effects of psychic and power of a wizard.

Buyabule super-classes are coming January 2012!
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm really excited about all this! I actually like everything. Even though the apocalypse theme is being overused, I'm excited because new things are coming...
    I may be disappointed or I may been surprised but either way I'm excited just because it's something new.

My only wish is: update for the old classes and their starting areas. With the way things have turned into now Barbarians have kinda lost their jobs and Clerics are not always needed as well...if the new classes are going to replace them, I'll be angry.

I kinda hope one of the classes is Bard-like because I love debuffer classes but if the don't update the old classes....the Venomancers, for example, will have no use in squads anymore since the new class will have better debuffs. I understand that the new classes have to be interesting and all but people are going to try them out anyway and if those classes will result in "replacing" the old ones...I can foresee a lot of people getting mad and quiting. We've spent so much on the original classes after all (whether that is time or money). We deserve an update...
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
This discussion has been closed.