to all you stupid sins out there thinking Chill of Deep is worthless

Options
Shisoukaze - Dreamweaver
Shisoukaze - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Assassin
It has a damn point!

to increase the attack level of your damage by a certain percentage

to SLOW DOWN the attack so the barb can keep up with Flesh Ream and prevent the sin from stealing aggro

attack speed is as only good as the mobs you can deflect
Post edited by Shisoukaze - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Um, how about no?

The actual point of Chill of the Deep would be to make skills deal more damage, since skills ignore attack speed.

Of course it's also going to make you deal less DPS, but then again, you could just reset that with Shadow Escape.

And therefore one of the best uses for Chill is aoeing. Though aoeing on a Sin is a bit questionable.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    you cant swear by something that only works in certain situations. shadow escape doesnt always reset aggro, especially on ? bosses that can clearly see you, i know there was another situation sneakret mentioned where it doesnt work, currently in search for it.

COD is pretty worthless outside skill use, which i might use in PVP if im fighting a squish target, and want them dead quicker. other than that, it is worthless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It has a damn point!

to SLOW DOWN the attack so the barb can keep up with Flesh Ream and prevent the sin from stealing aggro

And who is this thread made out to? Who is here saying CoD is useless? BTW, Oxygen has a use! It keeps you f-ing alive!
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @ tear
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=691292&highlight=shadow+escape

trawne's guide

Unfortunately I really can't recall the other situation atm, been so long since I've had to reset aggro on anything. Only thing I can think of that isn't within this guide is that when someone has cast a DoT spell, you may only use Force Stealth(Shadow Escape) to go back into hiding. Unless you have the sage version which purifies you, you will also have to find a way to deal with the DoT as it will continue until purified or it runs it's course.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Odd post... I take it someone told him chill was useless? lol
    Can be useful if you don't wanna take agro i guess... personally I'd just tank it myself, control my dmg so I don't pull agro until it's almost dead or just stop attacking/stealth if it does agro me. It's fun to put it on and try to one shot ppl... and yeah it's very good for aoeing in group pvp, tw fc etc. And it's not questionable to aoe with sins... we can do a lot of dmg with our aoes if you do it right. E.g. use a combination of chill, wolf emblem, spark, powerdash, tangle mire etc before you aoe. Gota love dropping squad and aoeing them all to death... I mean wait no I don't do that... b:cute
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And who is this thread made out to? Who is here saying CoD is useless? BTW, Oxygen has a use! It keeps you f-ing alive!

OMFG, REALLY!? I never would have guessed...
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    BTW, Oxygen has a use! It keeps you f-ing alive!
    oxygen alone makes you burn xD
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what Graey_Rain said
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i think maybe he wants attention, so he is making stupid stuff up to try and sound quasi-intelligent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I never auto attack with CotD O.o

but yes although rare it has its uses... when AoEing. Both in Delta and in PvP sometimes, when you want to AoE a group of ppl and put Ironguard up (love to do this in TW from time to time :P)
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i think maybe he wants attention, so he is making stupid stuff up to try and sound quasi-intelligent

WB, making waffles for everyone? b:question
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    WB, making waffles for everyone? b:question
    only if you make me fish tacos and tuna meltsP:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They see me trollin, they hatin...
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Taco favored keeses.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It has a damn point!

Yeah, that is what it is for.

So what is the problem you are trying to state here. Inefficient thread is a die thread after 20 pages of non sense baffle.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Adurnadghr - Archosaur
    Adurnadghr - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It is good to beat Spellcaster on a PvP :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    >:D Whoo but, greater challenge has to go to barbs.

spell caster - hide from sight sub sea strike and hope to crit lol
    - ditto then stunlock >.<
    may also try knife throw on rare occasions and cont with a strong move

barb - maintain a stunlock followed by whatever you seems the strongest
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Shisoukaze - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options

It's Meat/ISmellMeat, basically there have been sins going around saying COD is worthless since they couldn't find a use for it when they figured they could rely on nothing but their attack speed which have been pissing off a lot of squads since assassins have been trying to tank mobs on their own. There have been some sins out there that have been thinking they can tank better then a barb could.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Umm I don't think anyone of them read this forum else they'd know better. So yeah, they won't see it here, no point in telling us what we already know.
  • Jiaozi_boy - Dreamweaver
    Jiaozi_boy - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I never auto attack with CotD O.o

but yes although rare it has its uses... when AoEing. Both in Delta and in PvP sometimes, when you want to AoE a group of ppl and put Ironguard up (love to do this in TW from time to time :P)

I often auto-attack with CoD if I'm stealing aggro from the tank. I've definitely been told it's useless, but if I attack too fast for a tank to hold aggro (and if you've got a BM tanking, it's much more considerate than just going nuts on the dps), then I like to use CoD.

For AoE, I completely agree that CoD is a good idea. In FC squads it's actually hard to keep up with dps sometimes, and I don't like feeling outclassed by the BM. XD
    Like Spiderman, only more delicious.
  • Shisoukaze - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm well aware of this, I do the exact same thing as well...it's just that I've seen some sins out there charge ahead of the tank thinking APS will save them without even realizing COD exists for this purpose
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    some sins out there charge ahead of the tank thinking APS will save them without even realizing COD exists for this purpose
    I facepalm whenever I see such a sin...

There's also such a thing a switching to a weaker/slower weapon if neededb:surrender
    ~Spazz~
  • Asahide - Harshlands
    Asahide - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well :P Im actually not at more than 2.22 aps and yehh it works when u should let herc veno tank...... or to help barb ACTUALLY tank
  • LiteGreen - Sanctuary
    LiteGreen - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ok im 5.0 non sparked with decide and 5.0 sparked - im 3.33 sparked with dags cuz i use tt100 so no invervals there.

i know alot about sins and know how to play them.

firstly CoD = Chill of the Deep is amazing.

no its not there to let barbs get agro. barbs cant get agro from 4.0-5.0 sparked / maybe 3.33 can keep agro from a pro barb if his weapon is good.

CoD is for you to use skills for increased dmg... so when dueling poeple i use it... i find it fun to stunlock BM + Barb to death so = Use CoD so u get the extra dmg casting skills.

Yes you can use CoD on bosses not to get agro but on everything i do same with most bm archer sin 5.0 barbs cant hold agro anyway so the sin ends up tanking..

IF u want to know how hold agro // lose agro from barbs tanking create a new post - cuz CoD isnt made to lose agro :P its to hit 12k rather than 10k on a cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordBaldor - Harshlands
    LordBaldor - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i dont mind this post i think its here to let the lower lvled sins like 60 to 88 know that its used to stop you from geting agro. at end game it may not work but it works for lower lvls. i found around lvl 60-70 i started to pull agro more and i never new about lvling cod up bc there were no posts like this. its a great skill to get if u have invterval gear in the 8x when i dont use it i steal agro from my lvl barb even if im afk and wep is only +3. the skill realy helps im pretty sure with better wep it will still work out for you. so pretty much all im saying is this still is ment for exactly wat he siad it was for as long as your not a beast or end game... also even if u use cod i dont suggest using spark and power dash because u can still steal agro if the barb isnt that good. also that sounds like a great idea to us it in duals im gonna have to try it out.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options

i know alot about sins and know how to play them.

Prove it.
  • Crypsis - Lost City
    Crypsis - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm well aware of this, I do the exact same thing as well...it's just that I've seen some sins out there charge ahead of the tank thinking APS will save them without even realizing COD exists for this purpose

Developers didn't create a skill like CoD to save you from agro lol

CoD is not usless at all i agree but its used for spike dmg, skillspamming and mainly for pvp.

Its not suppose to be a pve skill for lazy bums that wanna auto-attack and afk without risking to steal agro. If youre so scared of getting hit once or twice by a boss, than just take DD-breaks.

For pve i really only find CoD useful for aoes in Frost and Rebirth.
  • legends1103
    legends1103 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    this is a bit off topic but doesnt shadow escape say it "dispels all negative status" ? isnt poison and bleed considered negative status? well it doesnt remove bleed or poison!!!!!! for that it sucks cuz it lies b:angry
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    this is a bit off topic but doesnt shadow escape say it "dispels all negative status" ? isnt poison and bleed considered negative status? well it doesnt remove bleed or poison!!!!!! for that it sucks cuz it lies b:angry

This IS way off topic; you are violating the forums' ToS by "hijacking" a thread. But in answer to your question, only Sage Shadow Escape does that.
    ~Spazz~