BH 3-3 boss a wimp again!

Options

Comments

• Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The example I was given of stuff it could break was large scale server events (think Celestial Tiger, Christmas Event, etc..)

Since we're running a new event tomorrow, as well as coming out with some big new content very soon, we don't want to run the risk of keeping the outdated data file.

Thanks for replying to my post Frankie, im still curious in what respect of the specific things it may break within the events?

Cause the only thing i can potentially see is that of a GM based event like the last one where AE was brought out into the wastelands.
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I could log in five extra IDs and set them on auto-attack or combo. It's not hard to game it.

Not with the suggestion of coding that checks unique IPs (michael I believe said) on the accounts in squad. I'm not PWI devs my IQ is over 3...I know you're all used to the idiot way to try and fix things, please try another "way around it" and go for round 2. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not with the suggestion of coding that checks unique IPs (michael I believe said) on the accounts in squad. I'm not PWI devs my IQ is over 3...I know you're all used to the idiot way to try and fix things, please try another "way around it" and go for round 2. b:bye

One word: Proxies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One word: Proxies.

Goooood now we're getting to about 2-5% of PWI, but obviously they need to have access to all those accounts to do it AND they have to find a good enough proxy to do it on...oh well by this point it's such a small number of people it is a pointless number to worry about. :D

On the side note...now find a better way to weed out most of the bad multi-clienters. You're never going to have a perfect system to stop EVERYONE but this certainly narrows it down to the point where it is pretty much acceptable.

In any case the current system is a complete joke and needs fixed. b:pleased
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The example I was given of stuff it could break was large scale server events (think Celestial Tiger, Christmas Event, etc..)

Since we're running a new event tomorrow, as well as coming out with some big new content very soon, we don't want to run the risk of keeping the outdated data file.
    Well I was gonna bring it up later, but WHILE we're on the subject...

Can you please, PLEASE tell us there will be a FULL Snowmen event this year? Last year it was - let's face it - half-assed and an afterthought. It was one of the few events that was free, fun, and gave out lots of useful (though not really valuable) stuff.

It would give a lot of people here a big boost in confidence of you if you could tell us that you're planning on a nice, full-sized Xmas event like the one we had in 2008.

Also: What is this "new event tomorrow?" o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Great so it looks like we're going back to you are screwed if you don't have 5aps.

Seriously, people will not take if you don't have amazing gear, what's the point of TT3-3 if you need TT99 gears to farm it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Stuff

I honestly don't have a problem with multi-clienting at all. This game practically encourages it. I, unfortunately, cannot do it though due to my **** laptop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    Ruli - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Im sure its been said many times before. But im going too voice it all once again.

Problems with 3-1.
    1. The drops stink. They really do smell badly 6 bosses, 6 people in party. Somtimes your lucky too get a drop.
    2. GBA boss that causing the biggest stink drops two mats if your lucky. 5 of these are needed per top, Plus many other items along the way require the same mat
    3. This instance should not be being farmed by 101's with TT99gear an +10 refinements and or a mix of nirvana gear.
    4. The bosses should be easy too kill an the mats should be readily available for all players, not just the lucky ones the happen too have played longer than everybody else an think its ther god given right to monoplaise any an every thing.

Im one of the lucky ones, i got my TT 90 gear on two toons, i worked very hard for it. As did my ingame partner. The bosses attacks are actually fine, working with a debuff purge ect is fine, i dont mind a challenge at all. But when the bosses do more damage than the party can handle an im NOT talking about the high refined lvl 101 102 an 103's that had life easy earning millions for sitting on land. I mean the people that actually need the mats.
    The poor sods that havent had chance too farm TT's in the past. The ones that struggle for 3k hit points in the mid 80's to low 90's somthing is wrong with the devs thinking.

Challenge yes, impossible no. That is all people want. I'll be honest i hate TT.

I been in TT pretty much for last 18 months helping people farm mats for gear. Far as im concerned i dont care if the bosses drop 10 mats or no mats at all. But please throw us a life line here. Certain people are allowed by virtue of the fact they are pixel rich too completly rule the roost.

Nobody is allowed too advance. The lack of Dq's from grinding is no longer nor has it been sufficent too allow people too break even an make some coin. People turn too TT to 'make money' untill people attitudes change and stop been utterly selfish and greedy in PW nothing will change. This change has t come from the top. The economy is not what it used too be. Yes we have high levels that could do it easily. But all that does is make them whom i might stress are already ingame pixel rich even richer.

I talked too a Barb yesterday lvl 101, said he been farming GBA all week last week. That doesnt cut it. He dont need the mats. Why was he farming them? to help sombody? Or was he after a mat from a boss the 'normal' people cant farm btw ill try put a little bit more light on it.

The 'normal' people make up the vast majority of the players in PWi community. The changes affect them the most not the minority who could actually farm that mat after the changes. Frankie if you read this i would ask one thing, petition heavily in favour of the vast majority an not the minority.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Sooo what's the new event ( and I hope the time keepers know its TW and dont cross the times )

And TBH I think your bosses better hurry up with update news to appease the masses .. while you still have masses left .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hey guys, so we got the official word back from China--

It turns out that an old data file was used in the latest patch, which reverted the boss AI to how it used to be before the TT difficulty was increased.

This change was not intended, and we've been informed that leaving it as is would cause other in-game problems down the road especially having to do with large-scale in-game events.

For this reason, we're going to have to revert back to the more difficult TT soon, possibly next maintenance.

Believe me, we understand that the overwhelming sentiment is that the players prefer the easier TT, but we are not willing to compromise the stability of the entire game for TT to stay the way it is. Add to this the fact that we're going to be having some major additional new content soon (to be announced shortly!), we just don't think it's a smart risk to take.

The devs know that you guys prefer TT the way it used to be, so we'll see if they can come up with a different solution to make everyone happy.

Thanks guys :)

The problem is: People who are supposed to farm certain TT mats either have to rely on well geared players who no longer use those mats, or buy them.

It isn't a preference, it is how it should be. People who are below 90 or around 90 shouldn't have to rely on higher ups to help. Or be forced into shelling out 15mil coins.

They should instead spend those coins on packs =P
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Now's the time to farm as much as possible I guess, for those that are unable to do so with harder TT anyway.

Merchants will no doubt buy all the GBA and other TT3-x mats they can get their hands on in anticipation of TT being reverted back, shooting up prices once more.

On another note, I wonder what would've been done if a different, more important file was broken in the recent patch. The fact that the patches we receive can be broken is rather unsettling in itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

good time to tell us about this new event o.o
  • lucidreign
    lucidreign Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The problem is: People who are supposed to farm certain TT mats either have to rely on well geared players who no longer use those mats, or buy them.

It isn't a preference, it is how it should be. People who are below 90 or around 90 shouldn't have to rely on higher ups to help. Or be forced into shelling out 15mil coins.

They should instead spend those coins on packs =P

^Exactly.

I am officially fed up with this game and most other PWE products, my sons have already uninstalled the game and are going to another game. Guild Wars 2. I am seriously thinking of joining them there. PWE is a ****-poor excuse of a gaming company and obviously doesn't care about integrity or its users. They only care about milking every last cent they can out of this game. Its an insult to those who have spent multiple thousands enjoying this game, and a big kick in the face for those who want to play but won't pay or can't be a cash shopper.
    All people are asking for is for things to go back to way it was, but here on PWI no one has any control, they have to do what the China ppl want. But they are all getting paid, so who gives a ****, right? Sickening.
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think putting it back to way it was is just **** the majority of players over. The ones who actually need the drops. I'd rather do any of the bosses in squad lunar than tt the way it was. Hell, i think i'd rather do harpy.
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why doing a event tommoro we didnt even got noticed of?

why we get told at last minute o.o

you should at least posted a topic on forums or on http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=pwi-news about what event , what time , goals and rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options

Maybe its a " hunt the Tiger Pack " event ... Or " spot Faction chat through the red spam " hide and seek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Pro new event. Whoever charges 1000 bucks gets 10 free Tiger Packs. Hurry! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EiHAB - Harshlands
    EiHAB - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

It turns out that an old data file was used in the latest patch, which reverted the boss AI to how it used to be before the TT difficulty was increased.

This change was not intended, and we've been informed that leaving it as is would cause other in-game problems down the road especially having to do with large-scale in-game events.

For this reason, we're going to have to revert back to the more difficult TT soon, possibly next maintenance.

Believe me, we understand that the overwhelming sentiment is that the players prefer the easier TT, but we are not willing to compromise the stability of the entire game for TT to stay the way it is. Add to this the fact that we're going to be having some major additional new content soon (to be announced shortly!), we just don't think it's a smart risk to take.

The devs know that you guys prefer TT the way it used to be, so we'll see if they can come up with a different solution to make everyone happy.

TY you too for this valuable INFO but first of all changing an entire game plan for ur customers who u refer as valuable and ruin it with just impoossibility is not thing u just say like its easy ..........
    PW gamers depends on HH or TT runs to gear themselves but if its about cash shopping there is already the ranking gear which is easy to get by cash shopping rep with since 200k is impossible to get from questing and FBs ........ so its like as many said selfindependant in game has no place anymore in PWI ?
    and whatever other events are not just an excuse to ruin what we were planning since 1 year for our charachters its like we dont have choice anymore uninstall or cash shop ? is that the plan for PWI Team if so please reply to that in world andface your customers .....
    Really really it will be annoying next week
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Maybe its a " hunt the Tiger Pack " event ... Or " spot Faction chat through the red spam " hide and seek

hah then i lose D: faction chat is so dead nowadays lotz of guildies quited by the unfair pwe changed this year.

and still some quitting o.o

edit : also forgot to say .-. :

forum event :

lets bet how many hate/QQ/spam threads will be created after hh3-3 gets overpowered again next maint o.o i bet 10k than at least 12 threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hah then i lose D: faction chat is so dead nowadays lotz of guildies quited by the unfair pwe changed this year.

and still some quitting o.o

Pretty much, Nagare guild chat is dead compared to what it used to be
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • MaiYiaLee - Sanctuary
    MaiYiaLee - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Though I am not entirely happy about this, I am happy that we have at least till next maintenance to farm 3-x to our hearts content or buy the mat a bit cheaper. With 2x looming around nearby, I am not too bothered to farm 3-x since I don't need it anymore and I get my money elsewhere. I am delighted to hear that a friend of mine has finally acquired his HH90 top piece yesterday. :)

He has been working on his HH90 green set for quite awhile. He had quite the trouble to get the top mats due to his friends (including me) being too lazy and not bother with 3-1 Behe because the boss was too annoying and we told him to just buy the mat instead huhu (guilty as charged). I did give him some GBA from my bank though that I had left over from year ago. :D

I never bothered with the Celestial Tiger, but the unexpected Christmas card thing last year. I made easily 5m in the hours with it on before staff noticed what was going on and made the tree disappear. I'm not going to lie about that. I knew it was a mistake because the other cards were impossible to get (I think, I don't quite remember exactly what it was and there was no news posted about it). Also and people will just buy about anything that seems "new" to them to fill their curiosity. I take advantage of that.

When there are mistakes. There will be people like me who will take advantage of it.

Since I haven't seen an emergency maintenance, I will have to assume though that this mistake is not that large scale in the time frame of a week. I remember the valentines event quite well when gold was insane of 8mil per? Someone found a glitch and made millions huhu.

I am excited to hear about the new event tomorrow. I hope some light will be shed soon. Thanks for the heads up Frankie!
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Want new info on this new event happening tomorrow. kthx. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Pretty much, Nagare guild chat is dead compared to what it used to be

Is very sad ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nimh88
    nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I hope it's not the event they just had on the Chinese side, which involved doing World Quest and Crazy Stones and getting a tocken which in turn can be used to win random prizes, including +10 Dragon Orb.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    nimh88 wrote: »
    I hope it's not the event they just had on the Chinese side, which involved doing World Quest and Crazy Stones and getting a tocken which in turn can be used to win random prizes, including +10 Dragon Orb.

Dont talk daft, that sounds like it doesnt cost $ .. How absurd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Dont talk daft, that sounds like it doesnt cost $ .. How absurd

Well, crazy stone...

Maybe it will be a special ''event crazy stone'' that requires perfs of every element b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sethvir - Heavens Tear
    Sethvir - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you Frankie for the update. I believe that you really don't want to be the bearer of this bad news, but you've been up front about it. I appreciate that, thank you. There has obviously been a lot of negative feedback regarding these changes - please feed this all back to the developers.

Dev's, please, for the love of whatever deity you worship, let us keep our old TT 3-1!!

b:cry

A squad of mid-high 80's cannot do this. What is the point of having an instance that requires level 88 to open it, but level 98 to actually do it?

We 80's folks need to get in here to get mats for our TT90 gear. It's that simple. Please don't take this away from us? Everybody 90+ right now has their TT90 - are you trying to penalise us for not playing the game as long as them, or not buying enough hypers?

I have been playing this game for almost a year. Yes, I have bought gold for fashion, mounts, fliers, etc. I have never charged zen to help me advance my character in level or in skills or gear. Every step of the way, at my guild leaders advice, I have dumped all my exp into genies until such time as my skills were all at level, before levelling again. I do not use, and have never used, hypers. I don't do WQ or CS. I spend time learning my toons, helping others, and enjoying the game itself, and the environment within it.

The irony is, if I had just hypered my way to failville, I would have been in TT90 gear already. But instead, I chose to explore your world and enjoy it, to take my time on the levels and have fun.

And you're penalising me for that? By denying me the chance to obtain gear that almost everybody else I know has already got. And I still don't understand why, I just know that this is a huge stab in the back. I am very disappointed. I won't stop playing the game, but I also won't be TT90 geared. Because of your decision to destroy what was a fun instance, and with it my chance of using at-level gear. And despite 10 months of developing skill at my classes (barb and cleric), it is a lack of gear that will stop me being able to find squads, or even survive in them.

Please, members of the development team, let us keep our old 3-1. Maybe make an alternative difficulty setting for those who want the higher challenge, but give the rest of us the opportunity that most others have had and took for granted. People farming Giant Beasts Armour was never a huge problem in PWI (though it is now that only uber-geared players can do it and the price of these mats is now 3-4 times higher than they used to be - because of your changes), so please don't enforce these changes on us. Whatever the problems were on other versions of the game, they do not effect our version.

/beg over
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    levels are not going to allow you to take 3-1, experience and gear will. the problem is that collus doesn't drop any better, so now it's very hard but still drops like ****. Before, we farmed 3-1 4 times in a row at a time and maybe get like 3 GBAs, now we take a long time, carefully coordinate and plan, struggles against purges and debuffs and AOEs, and he doesn't drop
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So did my first 3-3 today (yeah I know). I was glad to try the "easy" version. We (BM, Barb, Cleric) failed at Steelation so invited a couple of ppl that know what they are doing. We still failing right now... he keeps f***ing running around it's like impossible for Cleric to keep max range to avoid sleep. After all this, he might not even drop. It's going to change back to harder mode to prevent 5 APS farming? I'm 4 APS on BM and still can't do sht against this. We need this to be harder?
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm gonna invest in GBA now.