BH 3-3 boss a wimp again!

Comments

• vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    --- OH WELL . .. CONGRATS To the idiot who Brought this Thread up to the attention of the greedy minds of the administrators... Talk about been a dumbass..
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    - The answer is Freaking Obvious.. Rich People Dont like Poor People in their Business. CAnt get any more Clear.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Oh good lord.

I don't like this any more than any one else complaining here, but acting like Frankie is the bad guy here is absolutely childish. He's been doing his job. Don't take this out on him - it wasn't his fault, nor was it his decision. Nor can he divulge details past what he's already said (he said there were up and coming things that can't be revealed yet).

But man...this does suck. Guess we're gonna try to get in as many 3-x runs this weekend as possible. x_x
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This is disappointing. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Don't worry Dysk, they'll find something for the next updates to **** up even more. They're pro like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Swe_fredde - Heavens Tear
    Swe_fredde - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Weird that a broken game can be making so much money!

ecpesilly have they screwed barbs at this game!
    Everything that is funny is addictive,Gives u Cancer,Makes you fat,Kill your brain-cells, get you in trouble with the police, or gives unwanted babies or std's!

- Proud mentally **** monkey in a pair of worn clogs made of dried peoples ****
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It jeopardizes the server stability and long-term stuff in what way Frankie?

It will cause Technical issues such as rubberbanding, Fashion glitch's etc ..... o wait a minute b:bye

If going put hard mode back atleast increase the drop rate.. Bad when kill Arma and not even 1 green mat falls b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sayenne - Sanctuary
    Sayenne - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Just a little question ...

Shouldn't the TT's be doable without the gear you are going to farm in there?
    If you switch it back to the difficult status then this is not the case.

Think about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stabbistabbi - Dreamweaver
    Stabbistabbi - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It jeopardizes the server stability and long-term stuff in what way Frankie?

Things like this would be easy to swallow if you actually explained IN DETAIL why you cant leave it how it is?

I mean howcome things like this which turn out to be good get fixed ASAP yet the rubberbanding bug which is nigh on unbearable has and probably will never be fixed?

You talk about improving communication, which admittedly you're working on but dont treat us like ignorant little children explain it in a bit further detail pl0x cause i really dont see the problem with weaker TT bosses, guess there goes some of your CS income which is insta-fix?

Guess imma have to quit again seeing this change was what made me actually want to come back

quote for truth!

in my honest opinion the harder bosses are making it impossible to get 90 gear on any of my characters, and I am not going to buy gold just to get my armor. If anything jeopardizes the stability of the server it is the impossibility of getting high armors. Or is this just the devs trying to see how hard they can **** their userbase? I'm seriously thinking the latter. Until things get done about tw/tt/dq/rubber banding, OR one of the devs comes on here for us to wail on him with a steak tenderizer I won't believe otherwise
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hey guys, so we got the official word back from China--

It turns out that an old data file was used in the latest patch, which reverted the boss AI to how it used to be before the TT difficulty was increased.

This change was not intended, and we've been informed that leaving it as is would cause other in-game problems down the road especially having to do with large-scale in-game events.

For this reason, we're going to have to revert back to the more difficult TT soon, possibly next maintenance.

Believe me, we understand that the overwhelming sentiment is that the players prefer the easier TT, but we are not willing to compromise the stability of the entire game for TT to stay the way it is. Add to this the fact that we're going to be having some major additional new content soon (to be announced shortly!), we just don't think it's a smart risk to take.

The devs know that you guys prefer TT the way it used to be, so we'll see if they can come up with a different solution to make everyone happy.

Thanks guys :)

How could it be any worse then a pack sale? 350k gold to 425k gold in 5 minutes and you bring this "would cause other in-game probles down the road" bull.......b:angry
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Tinaaaaaa - Lost City
    Tinaaaaaa - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Im all for the change, it makes it better for playing this game as an actual team, and not solo the whole thing for profitzzz b:bye
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Totally agree with Sayenne, and Frankie did any of you ever do redsrose's challenge to do 3-1 with level 88's with average gear? if you did i must have missed it because old TT was impossible for a group of level 88's with hh80/legendary mold gear would be nigh on impossible.

The PW Devs talking to the CEO of PWE
    Devs: "Dammit we messed up and gave them old TT back"
    CEO: "Hurry up and hot-fix it or we'll lose too much money from cash shoppers while they farm all the money/mats they need"

*a week later patched new TT back and CSing goes back to normal aka a happy PWE*
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Can there also be an item that costs 5 gold and is needed to open frost? You are losing a ton of potential sales letting people level so cheap.
  • Sayenne - Sanctuary
    Sayenne - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Totally agree with Sayenne, and Frankie did any of you ever do redsrose's challenge to do 3-1 with level 88's with average gear? if you did i must have missed it because old TT was impossible for a group of level 88's with hh80/legendary mold gear would be nigh on impossible.

Its not only about 3-1.

3-3 is also not doable without high interval/high refines. We tried it once with some ... lets call it average geared people. All of them already had their TT99 gear with g7+ gems and ~ +5 refines. We squadwiped at Steelation like 5 times, got him killed after an hour and then our 2 clerics got nuked by Emperor. After that we had to give up because at that time our clerics already lost tons of EXP.

I seriously don't think that game balance should mean "give more advantage to the already high geared 5,0 aps people" who can solo everything anyway. You want a stable game balance? Take the stupid packs away. I bet there is more cash going around over Best Luck Token in 1 week then the TW facions ever had as cash pay in months/years.

PS: Bloody fail on the try to lower gold prices. Current gold price on Sanctuary: 470k+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Can there also be an item that costs 5 gold and is needed to open frost? You are losing a ton of potential sales letting people level so cheap.

QFT

10char
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
    edited October 2010
    as an addendum to my post, I can't run 3-anything without all 100's in my squad that are almost the definition of broken anyway. and said 100's can't be bothered to help a lowly 9x like myself.

of course there's always exceptions
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    And guys, I'm sorry this mistake on our part got your hopes up. I knew it wouldn't make you happy to hear this news, but I am trying be as up front with you as possible, and at least you all now know ahead of time what's going to happen with this issue in the near future.

Also, for those of you who are angry at the ones who reported this change in the beginning, please know that their report may have averted a future disaster caused by the outdated data file not belonging with the rest of the game client.
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    And guys, I'm sorry this mistake on our part got your hopes up. I knew it wouldn't make you happy to hear this news, but I am trying be as up front with you as possible, and at least you all now know ahead of time what's going to happen with this issue in the near future.

Also, for those of you who are angry at the ones who reported this change in the beginning, please know that their report may have averted a future disaster caused by the outdated data file not belonging with the rest of the game client.

Still avoiding the question on what this old data file can potentially break? Cause i among many really want to know more than what you have said
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    To everyone complaining...

3-1 Behe is doable as long as everyone in squad has AT LEAST 4.5k HP buffed. 4.5k HP buffed is NOT HARD to have. Also take into consideration that you can farm your other three pieces before you farm your top.

Stop going with incompetent squads and maybe you won't have such problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    server crash for a hh file?

no wai D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    it wouldn't make me as mad as I am now if the maintenance wouldn't be so useless as "minor localization changes" really? you take the servers offline to make a few text changes woo, why hasn't rubber banding been fixed yet?

Oh and to be honest I have noticed none of these localization changes at all. I've seriously tried looking for stuff that's different with the game play, and bupkis nothing at all. Why am I not suprized? How about this, instead of working on text files during maintenance actually kick the devs to fix something that's their job. Had my workers in my company been so slow with updates and fixes (not to mention not listening to the customers) they would be fired no exceptions. But that's just me, a lonely cynic behind a keyboard, with many irritated players behind him.
  • Izabeau - Sanctuary
    Izabeau - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hey guys, so we got the official word back from China--

It turns out that an old data file was used in the latest patch, which reverted the boss AI to how it used to be before the TT difficulty was increased.

This change was not intended, and we've been informed that leaving it as is would cause other in-game problems down the road especially having to do with large-scale in-game events.

For this reason, we're going to have to revert back to the more difficult TT soon, possibly next maintenance.

Believe me, we understand that the overwhelming sentiment is that the players prefer the easier TT, but we are not willing to compromise the stability of the entire game for TT to stay the way it is. Add to this the fact that we're going to be having some major additional new content soon (to be announced shortly!), we just don't think it's a smart risk to take.

The devs know that you guys prefer TT the way it used to be, so we'll see if they can come up with a different solution to make everyone happy.

Thanks guys :)

Seriously, Frankie...inquiring minds want to know.
    What is going to break from this "accident?"
    I can tell you - n-o-t-h-i-n-g!
    For it that were even remotely true, then the game would not even run at the moment -
    due to rubber-banding, clothes glitches..etc.
    Why is it that you feel you have to insult our intelligence just for the Devs to cover their arses?
    It's not like they don't make enough money on this game as it is - I would think that once in a GREAT flipping while some slack would be cut for the players.
    After all - 90% of the players are in fact the ones who create the Dev's paychecks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The only regrets in life are the chances not taken.

Mikael.. I loved you once - I love you still. Always have - always will. b:heart Ty for making me your wife - here and irl.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010

Why don't you go directly to the source and do an algorithm that changes the damn drop rate due to a contribution system, instead of making these things a complete waste of time?

I outlined a better solution and said it several, several times and I got nothing. Set stipulation from the squad to be met to get a better drop rate...problem is solved. PM me if you want more details but there IS no other better solution to be more fair to all parties involved with an update like this then doing something such as that.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Still avoiding the question on what this old data file can potentially break? Cause i among many really want to know more than what you have said

The example I was given of stuff it could break was large scale server events (think Celestial Tiger, Christmas Event, etc..)

Since we're running a new event tomorrow, as well as coming out with some big new content very soon, we don't want to run the risk of keeping the outdated data file.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    I outlined a better solution and said it several, several times and I got nothing. Set stipulation from the squad to be met to get a better drop rate...problem is solved. PM me if you want more details but there IS no other better solution to be more fair to all parties involved with an update like this then doing something such as that.

Dude, your solution sucks and can easily be gamed. Stop talking about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Dude, your solution sucks and can easily be gamed. Stop talking about it.

And you completely fail if you think there is better, makes more sense, or can get any balanced for average squads and 5.0 squads. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    And you completely fail if you think there is better, makes more sense, or can get any balanced for average squads and 5.0 squads. b:bye

I could log in five extra IDs and set them on auto-attack or combo. It's not hard to game it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• AcidBurnZ - Heavens Tear
    AcidBurnZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Epic, wonder what will be next.