Genie Skills for Barb

Options
Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear
Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Barbarian
Iv just hit 80 and I just got a good genie. I am just wondering if someone could give me a list of good genie skill that go with a barb???
Rawr!! Pure vit barb FTW!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvy for the awesome siggy!! Your a babe!
Post edited by Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The one skill I know of that many Barbs I've squaded with have and including two of my friends have it is Alpha Male. :)

I just don't like it cuz it cancels out my Bramble Guard b:shedtear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    get a full strengt genie and get the genie skill solid shield,

**** alpha male >_> tankers arent needed anymore :3
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Tree of Protection, Alpha Male, Solid shield. Can't think of others right now, might remember some when I wake up.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Tree of Protection, Alpha Male, Solid shield. Can't think of others right now, might remember some when I wake up.....

Are you typing in your sleep? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raphaelmcenroe
    raphaelmcenroe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hey im lvl 31 veno,with a sawfly and crsytalline magmite at my level. I hear alot of people on about a golem and wondering should i change to a golem insted of my magmite,i dont want to level up the magmite to find it is not as good while i could easily level the golem instead.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hey im lvl 31 veno,with a sawfly and crsytalline magmite at my level. I hear alot of people on about a golem and wondering should i change to a golem insted of my magmite,i dont want to level up the magmite to find it is not as good while i could easily level the golem instead.

Well, for a tanking pet, the best after the herc, is the Glacial Walker, then comes the Crystalline Magmite. The Crystalline Magmite was the best after the herc before the Tideborn expansion. Also, a sawfly as an air pet will do you fine since the amount of quests that require you to kill air mobs are not as much as ground mobs in comparison. Dark Wanderer is the best DD pet after the Nix as far as I know right now. For me, I still use a Magmite because I had it since I was a low level, left the game for a good while, came back and was at level 27 and the new expansion had taken place, didn't know that there is a better pet than the Crystalline until level 50 and that's why I don't have a walker. b:surrender

Also, make sure to use the search function next time, there are answers to your questions somewhere in the Venomancer section and if you can't find answers, you may ask in the Venomancer section not here. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raphaelmcenroe
    raphaelmcenroe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    nice,thanks a million i will change it now and i have a 3rd slot and the dark wanderer will fit in nicely. Note taken to secrch forum aswell. TY
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    1. Tree of Protection(amazing heals)
    2. Tangling Mire(lowers mobs defense and move speed)
    3. Alpha Male (genie's mini-roar)
    4. Holy Path for gathering mobs in FC easier

That's just what works for me. I'm working on getting a 5th skill for my genie, but that's a whole different topic...
  • Pint - Dreamweaver
    Pint - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There has been a lot of genie questions in the past.

What it always comes down to is how YOU play and what you plan to do with your barb.

What seems to be smart for those who have the time to lvl up is getting 2 genie's. One for tanking/squading what have you and the other for PvP. Can use which ever yiou like for soloing as well.

I know Zeal is popular to have for the single pulls from flame.

ToP(tree of protection) always seems like a smart choice, heals are always good.
    Alpha Male I suggest if you plan to tank and run delta's/FC's
    Holy Path for sure, being able to move very quickly helps in a lot of places.

Those are zome pretty basic skills most players prolly use. A more specific skill I personaly use is: Earthquake-Being able to cancles channeling instantly and working with AoB is priceless.

So it really comes down to what you want to do and how you want to use your genie.
    Hope this helped

Pint
  • jeroenjp
    jeroenjp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    in my oppnion is this the best genie fore a vit barb.

1 earth flame ( only avalibel on zeal so thats your stard genie)
    2 tree of protection ( amazing heals indeed )
    3 Holy path ( speed up your walks )
    4 alpha male ( veno's aint always around with there brambel)
    5 Tangling mire

Nr 5 can olso be change with brambel guard thats the green spike floor ( dont know fre sure if thats the right name).
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    my genie currently has

earthflame (pull)
    soild shield (mini invoke)
    tree of protection (heal)
    holy path (for fc mobs)

and
    mantel of ripple rage
    but only cause i wanted to try it out, i prefer tangling mire more and will give it back that soon
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    my infliction-

occult ice
    solid shield
    tree of protection
    true emptiness
    tangling mire

alpha male is a waste of a slot.
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear
    Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thanks guy, really helpful. Guess I need Zeal genie nao lol
    Rawr!! Pure vit barb FTW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the awesome siggy!! Your a babe!
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have 2 genies.

My PvE genie has Holy Path, Frenzy, Tree of Protection, Absolute Domain, and Cloud Eruption.

My PvP genie has True Emptiness, Holy Path, Occult Ice, Tangling Mire and Extreme Poison, stack with a nice 100 STR points to it, hard great effect increases.b:victory

I've recently went Claw Barb, so my PvE genie may look....lame. :s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    My barb has:
    Second Wind - for healing
    Solid Shield - a must for barbs, extra protection
    Wind Shield - adds protection and increases attack rate. I like to use it and that skills that gives extra Chi with each hit, helps fill it up faster.
    Blinding Sands or whatever it's name is. The lowest Earth skill. I'm going to ditch it before too long for another skill but haven't decided what to get yet.
    I'm considering Alpha Male for another aggro option.
    I like how Tree of Protection looks but i'm not sure if it requires the affinities that it says it does. Did they ever fix that?