DQ Discussion: What items should players get for Dragon Points?

Comments

• Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2010

I believe we have enough rewards for high level players (for the moment), but what do you guys suggest for players in the 30-60 range?

Hmmm

Trade points for:

BH Wine

Those Really low like 60k Hp/Mp charms

Common mats ( since 30-60 is when people start to get into leveling their craft skills )

Low level Rep (5) badges

Training Eso

Low level spirit orbs ( Like BH 100 reward )

ermmm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    And for the love of god don't put oracles or hypers in there b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    1 quick question, would doing the whole DQ thing lower or raise the prise of gold in your opinions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
    edited October 2010
    1 quick question, would doing the whole DQ thing lower or raise the prise of gold in your opinions?

As long as you can't get packs, perfect iron hammers or 10 million bank notes (lol) from them I honestly doubt it's gonna have a huge impact on gold prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    So your saying that if those things are not redeemable in the DQ thing, then the gold prices would probably be unaffected?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    And for the love of god don't put oracles or hypers in there b:shocked

OR just ANY exp giving items like training Eso or scarlet fruits.

People already lvl to fast with the hypers being in the packs (witch still I want to know why they were added in there in the first place).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited October 2010
    So your saying that if those things are not redeemable in the DQ thing, then the gold prices would probably be unaffected?

Well, that's what I suspect atleast.

There would have to be some really good stuff in the DP shop for people to pay less for gold, or a huge influx of coins for people to pay more for it. I doubt it's gonna be either.

I know it might be a bit of a simple reasoning, but I personally don't see any other factors the DP shop could introduce that would drastically change gold prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Well, that's what I suspect atleast.

There would have to be some really good stuff in the DP shop for people to pay less for gold, or a huge influx of coins for people to pay more for it. I doubt it's gonna be either.

I know it might be a bit of a simple reasoning, but I personally don't see any other factors the DP shop could introduce that would drastically change gold prices.
    What do you think if they were to put packs in that shop (i know thats not going to happen but still)? I think that would drastically lower the gold prices.

Edit: I agree with your statement XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Only market field this may lead to an explosion in is the DQ farming area. Multiple people will want quick ways to get the DQ, this is where the people with alts in that range come in, they hope on the alts for 2-3 hours of pure DQ farming. Then send all the DQ's to their main, or bank alt whichever, and then within a few seconds of that the cat shop is opened or the AH is flooded with DQ's.

But that is the only field that this DP market can cause an explosion in.

Only thing It might do to Gold prices is cause a maybe 1-2k difference because of more people using the Gold > coin method to get coins for purchasing the DQ items.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Ugh, i just thought of that. Now DQ items are going to skyrocket ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Yep yep yep.

It means that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

Glad i'm in middle class :D
    edited October 2010
    What do you think if they were to put packs in that shop (i know thats not going to happen but still)? I think that would drastically lower the gold prices.

Well, that would depend on the amount of required DQ's. If it's relatively cheap, then I suspect it will lower gold prices by quite a bit indeed.

How bank notes from ToBL would affect this, I don't know.

If it's a bucketload of DQ's for just 1 pack then I don't think it will change much.

There will always be people that go ''**** farming DQ's, I got money'' aswell, even if packs are relatively easy to get from DQ's b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Yep yep yep.

Not really since lower lvls will grind DQ items for profit so everyone wins not just the rich. lol

Also, this will make more people to grind instead of hiding in instances all day but, this would mean more people will be out pking others of the best grinding spots. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Not really since lower lvls will grind DQ items for profit so everyone wins not just the rich. lol

Also, this will make more people to grind instead of hiding in instances all day but, this would mean more people will be out pking others of the best grinding spots. >_>
    Those "Lower Lv's" Will be Higher Lv alts...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    edited October 2010
    More people grinding DQ's would also mean more money circulating in the game, you need to NPC them to get points after all.

It probably still wont compete with the money coming in from Tokens of Best Luck though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Those "Lower Lv's" Will be Higher Lv alts...

Or the "lower lvls" can just be low lvled people making a profit off selling DQ items if they know what they are doing. ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Or the "lower lvls" can just be low lvled people making a profit off selling DQ items if they know what they are doing. ijs
    Thats just what i'm saying, most low lv's "don't" know what they are doing, while the higher lvs will make alts to get the lower lv dq items. On te other side, that may not happen at all, and the higher lvs (because the higher lv dq itms might give better stuff) will just camp at those certain spots, and pk like you said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hm for lvl 30-60...

-maybe an item that makes a white named armor or weapon blue named with some random stats on it (based on lvl)

-some random 3* stuff

-common or average shards.

-molds

-molds u usually get for doin DQ quest

-copper / silver dragon order

-various pots that buff you for an hour or so (like the food you get in oht etc.)

-small green charms

-ticket to do crazy stone a 2nd time ( up to some lvl cap like lvl 60 )

-baby pet eggs

blah now i ran out of ideas

-
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hmmm
    Trade points for:
    BH Wine
    Those Really low like 60k Hp/Mp charms
    Common mats ( since 30-60 is when people start to get into leveling their craft skills )
    Low level Rep (5) badges
    Training Eso
    Low level spirit orbs ( Like BH 100 reward )
    ermmm

i wholeheartedly agree~! in the main discussion i brought up the idea of a special pot that repairs gear, i think it would provide a great benefit to barbs and close-range classes that have high repair bills. i also think that because these pots wont be sellable, they will be more meaningful even though the DQ market will skyrocket (but hey, it's a good type, more so because it involves in-game currency and not gold)
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    -Hsiako's Mantou or the Big ones (the one that recover 1500 HP & 1500 MP)

-Crafting Mats (not the one we can found by digging), like Oils, Leather etc..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Was just about to complain until I realized I'm an Aoe axe BM with excessive vit b:chuckle

That said, the aoe spots would probably be camped to death anyway and unprofitable.
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    An item to block Duke Blake b:sad

The dude is making my life a HELL b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Mirages and fists. All we need in PWI.
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Mirages and fists. All we need in PWI.

b:angryb:surrenderb:shocked. not another fists are everything psycho. ya they got good dps but if you had the coin for a 5aps fist bm (archer is much cheaper but not as heavy hitting), then why woudl you need 1m an hour imo. find a cleric friend or faction mate and go solo some TT's lol. i'm 2aps with demon spark so ya 0 aps and i can solo DD a TT1-3 squad mode (no soul/drummy) in 60 minutes with a really nice proffit outcome . . . more so if any of the gold mats drop lol but that's another discussion for another time)

back on topic: i agree with earleir where they mentioned apoth for buffs and such. i'd love to be able to get bloodpaint seeing as how I'll be getting into OVS in a week or to (i hope) where then theirs mass AoE grinding to death for 1-1.5m an hour if you kill nicely. give me bloodpaint and I'll kill 10 times faster since i wont be using ToP or diamond sutra ect b:laugh) but hey apoth, small charms up to silver, mainly things you'd grind for in the first place. add in the leathers, and such as well seeing as those drop rarely and if your grinding for them it'd be nice to have a higher chance to get them. just try not to make it a really largely rediculious (spelt that wrong) high price to get them all. toss in basic Aeorgear too. not the 3.2/6.2 or 3.0/6.0 things but like you do your event ones where you got the 2.5 speeds in there and make everything untradable. that way what you earn is yours to keep regardless. and if you want a 3/5 speed mount you gotta get winged widgets and make it yourself or go buy it so it don't hinder to many people form cash shopping it anyway.

ps: sry for the typo's and occasional off topicness
  • Dark_Feather - Lost City
    Dark_Feather - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    -reset notes

-the stones that you get from decompsing gear

-maybe DQ-exclusive gear for low lvls?

-shards for the crazy stone quest

-inventory/account stash/safe inventory stones.
    [SIGPIC]http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/okamime/?action=view&current=colorful.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alts:
    Shiome: Psychic 2x
    Okami_Sukino: Venomancer 3x
    Ayumi_: Assassin 0x
  • Vortella - Archosaur
    Vortella - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    For people under level 50:

I'd like something that give SPIRIT but not EXP. (They don't need to level any faster, but it would be nice to be able to purchase more skills).

- temporary mounts

- teleport stones.

- quest scrolls

- Pet food.

- pet skill scrolls

- hammer so I can open my supply stash.
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lol, yes, varying stacks of Hay, you totally read my mind b:laugh

And before anyone panics, I'm kidding ;)

O.o

+123456789
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Warsoul. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Warsoul. b:avoid

Well 999,999,999 DQs for a Warsoul sounds about right.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yep yep yep.

How so? The poor will be the ones grinding anyways, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc