any tips for making 1+million/hour in game

c1010011010
c1010011010 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
I don't want to spend $$ and don't want to work in-game for less than 750k/hour. Can you share some tips?
Post edited by c1010011010 on

Comments

• LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ......b:sweat

the most i've ever made and /hour ingame was around 350k and that is after repairing my gear.

i'll let the people who are higher than my dudes level take this one.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The only thing I can think of offhand is Nirvana, and that's if you're with a halfway decent squad that doesn't take 40 minutes to do one run. :|
    Farming 3-3 with a good squad probably averages out somewhere around there after awhile too, I think.
    The highest I've made grinding was 600-700k/hr during double drops at the spider mobs in the Avalanche area. I'm guessing that clerics that aoe grind on them during 2x can easily make about a mil an hour if they have good gear.
    750-1m an hour is a pretty unreasonable expectation under normal circumstances unless you're merchanting, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Try spending gold and opening packs, that's the only way to make over 1mill per hour. In fact, if you spend enough you can make 200m per hour or more depending on your luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themarket
    themarket Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Unless you're already a baller and the hub of all merchanting and marketing goodness, you're going to want lower your standards bro.

It's definitely possible to make a far bit of money one day, but to constantly and consistently dish out 750k net gain from the in game market per every hour you play is just prain sirry.

Im guessing you're not obscenely rich right now, and unfortunately a general rule of thumb of business is you need to have money to make moar money.

But if you're serious about making in game coins without RL money:

Hide 'yo kids, hide 'yo wives, cause you gon' be playing pwi all day, eerrrday.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Nirvana with any half decent squad is 1m/hr+.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hax is the fastest way.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm getting about 5 million per hour from merchanting, but that represents 20 minutes of effort per day paying ~1.7 million profit per day.

Putting in more time per day wouldn't help me earn any more, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited October 2010
    I'm getting about 5 million per hour from merchanting, but that represents 20 minutes of effort per day paying ~1.7 million profit per day.

5m per hour or 1.7m per day? Choose your words more carefully. :P
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    5m per hour or 1.7m per day? Choose your words more carefully. :P

I think he meant you need 20minutes of effort and pay around 1.7m per day in order to make 5m/hour. World Chat buy low, sell high. Spam the sexy yellow chat.
    edited October 2010
    I think he meant you need 20minutes of effort and pay around 1.7m per day in order to make 5m/hour. World Chat buy low, sell high. Spam the sexy yellow chat.

lol, I thought he meant he turned over 5m an hour gross but his net profit was 1.7m per day.

*is confused*
    edited October 2010
    lol, I thought he meant he turned over 5m an hour gross but his net profit was 1.7m per day.

*is confused*
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be confusing. I meant that it takes me 20 minutes per day to manage my shops and they're earning about ~1.7 million profit per day.

So over the course of 3 days I've put in 1 hour of in-game effort and earned 5 million profit.

Merchanting has a great Effort vs. Profit ratio, but I've seen a lot of wanna-be-merchants struggle with the idea that they can't increase their income by increasing their effort. That, and a lot of them also don't get the idea that they can't just spend their profits, because they need to re-invest them instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2010

*is confused*

Notice the ~after paying? He spends 20 minutes per day paying, which gives 1.7m profit for that 20 minutes. Thats his net profit. This is, relatively, the same as 5 mil per hour. So relatively he makes 5m an hour, but because he only spends 20min and not an hour, he makes 1.7m.

Edit ninja'd by Warrenwolfy himself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    I re-invest 90% of my profits, on a 4 hour per day catshop, I make ~20m/month. I have also just started to gold trade, with a 3m base investment, I'm now up to 4.5m after a week xD
    edited October 2010
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be confusing. I meant that it takes me 20 minutes per day to manage my shops and they're earning about ~1.7 million profit per day.

So over the course of 3 days I've put in 1 hour of in-game effort and earned 5 million profit.

Merchanting has a great Effort vs. Profit ratio, but I've seen a lot of wanna-be-merchants struggle with the idea that they can't increase their income by increasing their effort. That, and a lot of them also don't get the idea that they can't just spend their profits, because they need to re-invest them instead.

It's ok... my net profit is about that, sometimes better, sometimes worse. My gross is much lower than yours though, but I don't keep track of how much I turn over. I only spend a couple of minutes very few hours managing my shop. You're right though, it doesn't take much effort to make a lot of money. I don't play so much anymore, but I still merc, just in case, lol.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i have a veno (yes with a budda with back ****) that i farm TT with for about 3 days then sell all i have through catshop...depending how much TT loves me i can make well over 10mil...only prob is finding the time to actually do the runs x.x
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It's ok... my net profit is about that, sometimes better, sometimes worse. My gross is much lower than yours though, but I don't keep track of how much I turn over. I only spend a couple of minutes very few hours managing my shop. You're right though, it doesn't take much effort to make a lot of money. I don't play so much anymore, but I still merc, just in case, lol.
    Same here, I haven't done anything but been a catshop for the past like 3 months, but once I get my normal computer back I'm going to start leveling again. Kind of embarrassing having the friends you did fb29 with already at level 100, and you're still stuck at 85. Even worse is knowing someone who made a new character when you were level 80, and now they're level 100........

Anyways, merchanting is probably the easiest way to make money. If my packs sell at the current price, I'm expecting to make a 35% profit. That's a lot of money for a couple hours work....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
    edited October 2010
    Same here, I haven't done anything but been a catshop for the past like 3 months, but once I get my normal computer back I'm going to start leveling again. Kind of embarrassing having the friends you did fb29 with already at level 100, and you're still stuck at 85. Even worse is knowing someone who made a new character when you were level 80, and now they're level 100........

Anyways, merchanting is probably the easiest way to make money. If my packs sell at the current price, I'm expecting to make a 35% profit. That's a lot of money for a couple hours work....

How well do packs actually sell at regular prices during non sale times anyway? I might have to buy several hundred and hold on to them...
    edited October 2010
    How well do packs actually sell at regular prices during non sale times anyway? I might have to buy several hundred and hold on to them...

On RT you can expect to sell 20/hour on average if you're selling at a good price.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i can make that much coin per hour but i HARDCORE merch, and by that i mean underselling and overbuying ALL of my competiton, takes a lot of time, but its reason my gear +6-8 while i havent cashshoped once XD(hell made about 20mil+ since last week alone), and w/ the sale goin on atm, gonna rap e the sh** outta prfoits via toks, packs, and anyhtin i can get my hands on ;)
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
    edited October 2010
    Lol I remember one time I got bored, bought up quite a few polars on RT, raised the market price from 1.2m to 1.3m xD
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I try to get rid of all my packs before the sale ends, so I couldn't really say. I usually just stock up on tokens before sale ends and resell them. The few times I've had packs leftover, I've always found them hard to sell. And considering that they've released new packs right after one sale ends, I wouldn't really recommend holding onto packs. The last time I sold packs, I think I averaged 50 a day (yeah, it was really bad). Though, it may have changed now because of the cheaper price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I miss the x2 drops when DQ drops were worth while. I could easily pull in 3-5 mil in an hour with 70k repairs in under an hour in Valley of the scarred b:cry
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
    edited October 2010
    I usually just stock up on tokens before sale ends and resell them. The few times I've had packs leftover, I've always found them hard to sell. And considering that they've released new packs right after one sale ends, I wouldn't really recommend holding onto packs.
    I try to follow a similar strategy because there's usually a ton of competitors who stock up on packs before the sale ends. Once upon a time that used to be guaranteed easy profits, but not now that everybody is trying to do the same thing.

Last time Tiger Packs were leaving I went with Dragon Orbs and Bronze Charms instead and it worked out very well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2010

I sold about 400 tiger packs over the course of last week for 450k to 475k while corals were selling for 370k. I hate keeping packs after the sale but these were packs I got a couple months ago and I've been on a break since.

Since I've came back I'm too lazy to even leave my catshop up. D:
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The most I ever made was 50m in one month in the tome business. Basically made a few lv2 tomes with tokens+frags and pop in AH at a 400k or so profit. With an alt in 1k it made me 1m or so a day with literally 5 minutes merch time a day. Of course, nothing lasts forever and a few other people eventually twigged and harsh competition made that market worthless.

I poked around the OHT, mirage and chi markets too, but all of those literally have 24-hour merch catshops that will watch you like a hawk and compete to the death. The wine mats industry was a complete no-sale.

Unlike a few years back, merchanting is completely essential to hit endgame without zen purchase and therefore there is a lot of heavy competition.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If you want another option besides merchanting, Get a job if you assume you can make even 5 dollars an hour thats 2m'ish in game. ijs.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Farming is still very good. I get alot of coin by doing events: Tiger, DT, JR, COA, Tourney.
    Farming WBs and mini-WBs is pretty good as well.

It's really best to both farm and merchant, the most successful on my server arent cash shoppers but merchants/farmers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I miss the x2 drops when DQ drops were worth while. I could easily pull in 3-5 mil in an hour with 70k repairs in under an hour in Valley of the scarred b:cry

lol that's where i'm tryign to get into now. as the dq is atm it's what more like 1-1.5m an hour. still a lot better then what I'm getting atm. granted it takes the right classes and a good amount of time and normally higher lvl friends to get in there at 90 but i wont hit 91 till i'm in OVS b:pleased. just gonna fcc and lvl my genies for now lol.