Comments

• reios
    reios Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ok thanks for your help and fast reply too ^^
  • agreenfairy
    agreenfairy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have a question. I know that you can buy he cards at the store. But if i buy a $25 card, how much zen am i getting on the game? I tried to find out on the billing tab but it wont let me go there. It says no newbs aloud, and frankly I am a little affraid to play a game where they wont give me any information about how I spend my money, even after giving them all my personal information. This game looks like a pretty awesome game and I want to play just wanna know what Im getting into first. If someone could help that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
  • Imrlyaguylol - Lost City
    Imrlyaguylol - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    sweet tyb:pleasedb:pleased
  • denchseli123
    denchseli123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    thx alot i stopped playing cuz of that reason now i know better and well see bring it on lolb:thanks
  • blueoceanica
    blueoceanica Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have a question. I know that you can buy he cards at the store. But if i buy a $25 card, how much zen am i getting on the game? I tried to find out on the billing tab but it wont let me go there. It says no newbs aloud, and frankly I am a little affraid to play a game where they wont give me any information about how I spend my money, even after giving them all my personal information. This game looks like a pretty awesome game and I want to play just wanna know what Im getting into first. If someone could help that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

I think using cards is much like using pay-pal. The billing is like this: you open an account and enter requested info (you do this only the first time), after that you can charge ZEN to your account (ZEN is special valute used by many games) using different methods: pay-pal (which i use), credit cards, these cards,... I think that you input some sort of code that is printed on the card (like pay-phones?).
    After sucessful money transfer you can see how much ZEN you have. When you want you choose the game and game server to which you want to transfer ZEN.

1000ZEN =10 PWI gold = $10 = around 9
  • blueoceanica
    blueoceanica Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    After confirming transfer you enter the game and you should get the same amount of gold transfered to every character in your account. Remember, you don't get 10 gold to every character but 10 gold in total. You can spend all gold on single character if you want.

It is free to play the game and buying gold is optional. Try the game first and when you reach level 30 start considering buying gold. I suggest trying different charracters and look for the one that suits you the best.

Have fun playing (and buying gold ^^ ).

PS: Forgive me for my typing mistakes please. Typing on my phone. :-)

PPS: Correct me if I'm wrong about anything please.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hello all, Amiris here. Felt like making a short guide on moneymaking, because it seems the majority of newer people have trouble keeping up with equipment, and nearly every high lvl player complains about skill costs. First of all, don't mind my avatar. My main is NOT lvl 42. She's higher. Amiris is my forum char because the rest of my avatars are bugged.
    Anyway, on to the actual guide. I'll divide the concept of money making into two subcategories.

1) Making money
    2) Saving the money you've made

Should be reasonable enough. Alright, on to making money.
    I'll list several effective ways to do this.

A) Grind.

Fairly obvious. When grinding, you get lots of money and item drops. Pick them ALL up, unless there's some insane swarm of monsters on top of it and you can't handle them. Do NOT ignore the money drops, even though there seems to be so little money. It builds up. A player lvling from 1-20 without picking up any money missed out on, on average, about 50-60K. And those are the easy no-grind lvls.
    Also, sell any drops you may get to the NPC. This includes Dragon Quest drops, unless you're actually able to sell them to other players. I wouldn't count on that. From my own experiences, it's best to sell every single DQ drop to the NPC, unless you're really desperate to upgrade your bank.
    Items you should keep :
    -Things you may need, such as potions
    -Good equipment (good equipment is any BLUE two-star item or better. Explanation below.)
    -Materials if you need them
    Just for comparison, at lvl 45, my Venomancer made about 100K while grinding 30%.

-- My fundamental problem with this being a Barbarian is why should I have to train up another character just to make money. Shouldn't a character stand on its own. In fact shouldn't EVERY class stand on its own grinding? But after repairs and pots how much is left over maybe 10k? 20k?, Ok revert and charge cash shop and if you're not relying on charms then what are you relying on? Apothecary and pots that only go up to level 60. Remember you have to own land to get pots any higher than level 60 and you will probably be buying level 40/50 pots cause they don't cost as much. I've seen only people buying the level 20 and 30 DQ stuff. So where does that leave us?

B) Help people

Sounds odd, doesn't it. "But Amiris, I don't want to get paid for helping people." That's right, you don't. Helping people just because they'll pay you isn't exactly nice. However, it does work the other way around. People may pay you just because you helped them. Like a Ch'in squad needing a Cleric, those aren't exactly rare, and they'll often end up paying the Cleric for their help. Other such occasions are helping people with a dungeon (without wine. You don't get paid for a wined run.), or crafting items for others (provided they give you the materials).

-- Haven't found any reason to charge anyone and no one has charged me even though I can have whatever level of crafting I care to have.

C) Sell the good items

To players, that is. If you got a nice equipment drop from a monster, your best option would be to sell it to a player, because they're usually worth a lot more than the NPC will pay you. Good equipment is usually a blue-named two-star item with decent stats (By which I mean a magic weapon with accuracy does NOT have decent stats). Now, there's three types of people:
    -People who sell their items through chat. This is usually not a great option. Trade chat in West Archo can get you a buyer sometimes, but it's usually not very effective.
    -People who sell their items through a 'cat shop'. This is a good option for the medium-priced items.
    -People who sell their items through the auction. This is a great option for the medium to high-priced items. You can set a minimum bid (and a buyout price), then just go grind. After 24 hours, the item will get sold to the highest bidder (earlier if someone payed the buyout price). Downside is that you have to pay to use the auction. Costs are negligible though, just make sure you'll get more money out of it than you put in.

-- Uh ha... Have tried numerous times to sell purple items but no one is biting, purple items can either be crafted by you or they come out of FBs, see where we are going with this?

D) Farm
    "What, I'm not a farmer!" No, but you should farm materials. Anytime you see a material, grab it. They sell high and they're quite common, especially at the higher lvls, when you're the only one around to grab it. It's usually best to decide what materials you'll grab though, as bank space is limited. If you have to decide, pick either herbs or the rest.

-- Don't just farm. Farm with a purpose. Look at what people want. Make things. If you buy a mount in theory it should in time pay for it self. But then again you also have to train Apothecary Skill up and then start making things that people can use. This is assuming buy the likes of Chi Pots, Speed pots, etc. Then you've also got to farm Subs for TT or crafting which some people have hinted would be better used in TT anyway? You can sell subs probably for 45k to 50k each and some of the mats for anywhere between 3k~5k depends on which mat. Still you need a market. Takes time and its no a be all and win all. Great if you can grind around that area,

But if you look at my earlier thing about grinding I'm not breaking even.

E) FB's are great exp

But they're horrible for money. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT lvl doing just call to duties for the reward. There is NO money reward, and you won't get a lot of drops in dungeons. You may get lucky and get a mold, but don't count on it. Do an fb every once in a while, don't constantly stand in towns asking for call to duties.
    How does this make money? Because it relates to grinding. No fb's = more grinding = more money.

-- But if you farm enough mats you can make wine, where you could flush the mobs and have a stab at getting a molder. But the auction house is already flooded with molders. That people could buy with ZEN (From Mysterious Tokens) from the mysterious merchant anyway using gold coin(s) that they got from bashing Oracles. In short, charge cash shop.

There, that's basic money making. Now, how to save the money you've made.

A) Walk, fly, run, swim

"Uhh, I do that already." Yes, but not enough. Way too many people teleport around places. Put it this way : If you're paying to teleport around Archosaur, or paying the -I think- 5K to go from Sumor Camp to Swiftwind Tribe, you're wasting your money. You may think it's not a lot, but it really builds up. Teleporting is the number 1 mistake people make regarding their money. I generally only teleport between the following places :
    -The three main cities : They're relatively far from each other, and I'll admit it's quite dull to fly between them as much as you should. Therefore, I teleport between these.
    -City of the Lost -> Wellspring Village : My gateway to Archosaur. It costs 200 coins, and flying from there to Archosaur takes about 2 minutes. Saves you 2.8K.
    -The towns from lvl 1-20 : Eh, it's only 200 coins, you can make that back from a single monster. You have to walk too much at the lower lvls otherwise.
    Also, if you have TW teleports in your faction, use them wisely, because they're awesome.

Edit: The FREE teleport to Archosaur. Starting at lvl 40, if you want to get to Archosaur, go to a main town (the lvl 1 and 2 territory towns) and go to the Adventure Assistant and Khatru Pup. Have either teleport you into the Cube of Fate, then talk to the Exit manager in there to warp to Archosaur. Free teleport, use it.

-- You can get away with 200 gold teleports and 1000 gold teleports. between the major towns. Anything more is toast. Beats paying 6,000 to teleport. Get teleporter stones and charge cash shop.

B) Don't buy NPC items

NPC items are NOT worth the price you pay for them, though I suppose shards are an exception to that rule. If you need items, buy them from players or the auction. This especially goes for equipment. Usually, blue two-stars in the auction are cheaper than white 1-star NPC items.

-- If you look hard ENOUGH you MIGHT find a 3 star purple item but even if it does breakdown into mirage stones its never going to pay anything back.

C) Don't buy stuff cause it's pretty

Too often do I see this: people buying three-stars with horrible stats just because they glow. Or imbuing elemental shards into your equipment, just for the looks. That's a LOT of money down the drain. And a blue weapon isn't really exceptional either - don't expect to be seen as a god just cause you have one.

-- Only buy the armor you need, once again common sense.

D) Boutique Clothes don't do anything

So don't get them unless you really, really want them. And even then, make sure you can really spare the money. Boutique Clothes are only there to look nice. I suppose this falls under C a bit...

-- See part C

E) Only get the good skills

Don't waste your money just to try a skill out. Read the description, look it up, then decide whether or not you want it. For example, many wizards want to get Hailstorm, it's an AoE and all. However, the skill is totally rubbish. Money (and SP) wasted.

-- Max the skills you'd probably use grinding solo. Once again common sense. Grind with friend?

Other ideas other than: Creating a secondary character?

Maybe its about time a said game held its own on all fronts.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • zengara
    zengara Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thx for the help :D but what if u wanna get lots of money in the beginning?
  • whisklighthand
    whisklighthand Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I just started playing this with my family and i love it I just have 2 questions, number 1, how do i buy a blouse from the boutique with the gold pieces i have on my character and 2. how do i get the chest in etherblade if i cant fly please help me.b:bye
  • Mega__blades - Lost City
    Mega__blades - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    thnx, i think i really should start more runing and less teleportin...( i was wondering where the money was doing...).
    but i also have a question... i'm not sure if it suits here... but i've selled most of the stff i get but i've saved things that have marked dregonqest... is taht smart or should i just make money out of them? and what r the nr behind the dragonquest name? lvl?

i had a character on lv 98 now its gone so i have this one so trust me im not new to this the best thing for u to do is sell it all u should make a lot of moneyb:victory
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I just started playing this with my family and i love it I just have 2 questions, number 1, how do i buy a blouse from the boutique with the gold pieces i have on my character

The coins in your inventory aren't the gold used in the boutique. To buy a blouse, look around for catshops selling fashion, go to the auctioneer and look for fashion on auction, or use the gold trading function of the auctioneer to buy gold from other players. All of these options will cost hundreds of thousands to millions of coin, so really aren't available to low level characters.
    2. how do i get the chest in etherblade if i cant fly please help me.b:bye

That's the hardest of the jumping quests in most people's opinions. Either practice jumping to it a whole lot (you can probably see other people doing it/trying to do it), wait until you get your first aerogear at 30 (yes, you can still take the quest at that level), or (if your character is female) get a helpful male char that can fly to carry you to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Sarieanna - Raging Tide
    Sarieanna - Raging Tide Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Im pretty sure there are videos on youtube that will show you how b:chuckle
    I love my sister, Alex <3
    Even though, I taught her more then she taught me. b:cute
  • Zenmarster - Harshlands
    Zenmarster - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    well in the first i was a bit confused because i could do so many things....i have 1 question how do i get a little fairy................its kind a cute xD
  • NaoKaydynce - Harshlands
    NaoKaydynce - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    talk to a watcher of earth in any one the main cities, do the quest, you get it for free. and it's called a Genie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I can beat you at staring >.> b:pleased
  • DrWeevie - Heavens Tear
    DrWeevie - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Excellent advice , people pick that I fly EVERYWHERE and dont tele , but..... later I find those short on cash , yet plenty of Spirit and cant lvl the charaters skills . A few long flights may earn you the money needed to get the skill upgrade you desire ...b:pleased
  • Elayneh - Archosaur
    Elayneh - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    jadelion wrote: »
    I don't know if it's just me but during questing and griniding I notice that many people don't pick up their drops for some reason so I just pick everything I see and npc it b:laugh more for me!

Yeah, the same happens to me b:chuckle
  • snowprince00
    snowprince00 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:victory
  • lillybean
    lillybean Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    thanks for the info<3
  • NARCOTIX - Harshlands
    NARCOTIX - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Honestly, all those grinding and methods youve discussed works for low level equipment, if you think of reality and late game gear...it does not work. TT was the best way for me, however they have made TT bosses so hard, its really not worth doing unless you have a very good squad...and im talking about the 3+ tTT's.
  • blackvip1
    blackvip1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    see i forgot my bank password and iv been trying and what made me go back to my orther acc is becuse i have anther acc that level 53 and lost its haze wings for sin from pkingb:angryb:cryb:cry so i went back becuse ths acc has haze wings but cant doanything with password locked need help what to do? please help
  • Grujag - Sanctuary
    Grujag - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Everything is great but u should NEVER...EVER buy wine from a player accept others are willing to pay 3 times more. Otherwise just farm and make it. ITS FREE.
  • blackvip1
    blackvip1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Everything is great but u should NEVER...EVER buy wine from a player accept others are willing to pay 3 times more. Otherwise just farm and make it. ITS FREE.

what u talking about i was talking about my bank password cant get in becuse i forgot it
  • miuosh
    miuosh Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thanks, totally been wastin my money on npc's great guide
  • Wonkha - Raging Tide
    Wonkha - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I hit level 50, and I've used almost every tip posted here, and it pays b:thanks
  • solamnie
    solamnie Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Great guide, helped me very much, but inow i am lvl 70. Do you also have a guide for TT stuff? cause i am doing that now alot and i have some stuffs i can't use, but i also have no time for a catshop, plz let me know would be most helpful, keep up the good work<3b:pleasedb:thanksb:laughb:victory
  • ExodusZerati - Raging Tide
    ExodusZerati - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thank you so much Amiris. I'm still kind of new to this game, I'm used to playing WoW. Terms and the like are still foregn to me. But it's always nice to see guides like this to help out others. I've done most of what you suggest, though money making is still slow. I'm unsure how people at my level (33 right now) can have over 600k just laying around. I'm barely scraping in at maybe 150K. But, oh well b:cute Still enjoying my stay. b:victory
  • Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Dont have to worry about the cash to much yet. I would say to just learn how to play your class first, enjoy the game, and you'll see as the higher lvl you get the easier. Gotta say also as veno, as i see you are, its not that hard saving up abit coin. Not a whole pile but still enough to be able to save. No need to buy MP and HP pots since its your pets who's tanking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • solamnie
    solamnie Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    When ure lvl 33, most people like buying clothes and sell those for a higher price to others, and also lots of players ahev a high lvl so they just send some money to the lower account(s). hope that helps

Dragonan-Sanctuary
    Poems are whay they are, there's no need to think about them, just let them find their own way to your heart.b:pleasedb:kiss
  • Slethier - Dreamweaver
    Slethier - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    -royal bumpbutt-
  • Marukas - Harshlands
    Marukas - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    great tipsb:pleased