I wanna Tank TT

Options
Aeroboi - Heavens Tear
Aeroboi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Archer
Hey Guys, im just wondering what is it gona take for me to tank TTs for 80s gear, making Fresh gear. My GFs cleric is nearing time for her 80 gear :)

so ive tanked TT 1-1 easy, got my 90 TT armor 4kHP 3k def. i think i might be able to manage some/most of 1-2 and 2-1. that will give me most of my matts.

im thinking i should +5 some TT90 ornaments and +3 the rest of my armor
also when i tanked 1-1 i was using all different gear for interval, feels a lil faster to use fists. and my HP liked it better using Fists over bow, less charm tick.

so what do yous think, do i stand a chance or should i just use my barb(much much slower)
Post edited by Aeroboi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Don't be afraid to tank with the archer whatever you can handle and use the barb for the rest. With enough gear archers can tank everything in the game including Harpy Wraith.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you have the DPS and survivability, go for tanking on the Archer. What Asterelle says is true for the most part, but you'll do well to still have the Barb/BM for buffs/re-buffs. BloodPaint is like heaven for 5APS... but, Archers aren't able to get that buff from sins unfortunately.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    weird...i have 3800+ in hp and 3900+ with my 61 cross bow on..only thing ill prob get in the 90's maybe the wrists..bout it...and my def is quite at a good range as wellb:victory

but i would use barb in the tt runs in groups do to the first pick factorb:pleased
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sage clawcher
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Aeroboi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the replys, the idea i was going for is just finding people to open and duo it with my GF, or maybe solo duel loged, that way i get all the matts to myself. guess ill just have to give it a go and see how i do :)
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    but i would use barb in the tt runs in groups do to the first pick factorb:pleased

its not a "by class" pick order.. its "by role" whereby the tank picks first regardless of class, and healer goes second. That means eg. if its a herc veno tanking and a second veno is assist healing while a cleric and barb are doing DD, the herc veno would go first - i'd probably put the second veno as second pick for being a healer - and the cleric and barb pick as damage dealers (boy what a shocker that would be!).

any rate.. I've got a demon archer in my faction with 7k + HP with level 10 BKI who can tank most of 2-3 (wurlord and cosmoforce i doubt - I have to tank belial myself). Her gears are refined +4, +3 on the slingshot, i dont recall about the ornaments being refined or not. her gears have at least flawless citrines in them, with the chest having 4x immaculate citrines. Neck is sky demon pearl, belt is demon slaughter belt if i recall correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hmm i dunno only 4k hp is very low, thats like 5.2k maybe buffed. Than you would need a charm for a lot of bosses, you would also need 2 clerics for bosses like Drum/Soulbanisher in 2-3, Forshura and ape in 2-1/2-2. You might even get 1-2 shoot outside of BB.

I guess you can do it 1 cleric and hp charm + spamming pots on easier bosses. But cheaper to use barb than. Or you can refine gear a bit more for decent hp XD
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    its not a "by class" pick order.. its "by role" whereby the tank picks first regardless of class, and healer goes second. That means eg. if its a herc veno tanking and a second veno is assist healing while a cleric and barb are doing DD, the herc veno would go first - i'd probably put the second veno as second pick for being a healer - and the cleric and barb pick as damage dealers (boy what a shocker that would be!).

any rate.. I've got a demon archer in my faction with 7k + HP with level 10 BKI who can tank most of 2-3 (wurlord and cosmoforce i doubt - I have to tank belial myself). Her gears are refined +4, +3 on the slingshot, i dont recall about the ornaments being refined or not. her gears have at least flawless citrines in them, with the chest having 4x immaculate citrines. Neck is sky demon pearl, belt is demon slaughter belt if i recall correctly.
    if he didnt get buffed in that whole TT patch, 6k is more than enough to comfortably tank ancient evil.s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    idk about that, I guess it depends on how its done. We tried letting her tank it from the wall like someone said could be done, but when the first aoe hit.. both clerics died followed by the archer. thus... we resorted to killing mobs first and I tanked on the ground, with the squad in a "dome" formation around him so that when he turned for random aggro and did his aoe, only 1 squad member would die - then the cleric would res them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    idk about that, I guess it depends on how its done. We tried letting her tank it from the wall like someone said could be done, but when the first aoe hit.. both clerics died followed by the archer. thus... we resorted to killing mobs first and I tanked on the ground, with the squad in a "dome" formation around him so that when he turned for random aggro and did his aoe, only 1 squad member would die - then the cleric would res them.

Sounds like the clerics had bad positioning. They need to be farther up the wall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've never range tanked AE, but won't he reset if he tries to go after someone further up the wall and finds out he can't?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well for tanking I can say chapter 1 is cake, chapter 2 cept ape (need cleric and decent pdef) and i need bb for wurlord (hp food helps too >.<). Solo'd astral in 2-2 on charm (yes with mobs) +hp food. Um can duo 3-1 now mostly just cleric bb and afk while i auto spark...oh havent done ae yet in 2-3. um 3-2 i can tank at least sorc...havent bothered with the rest. oh emperor if im lucky and dont get those insane badly placed spikes i can tank him and minister I can solo with charm/hp food. 3-3 i cant remember too well xD my gear averages +2-4 and i have 6k unbuffed 7.7k with lvl10 and 8k with lvl11. using fist/interval drops my hp 1k off all of those. so i say go for it. sorry for the informality and grammatical mistakes but just too tired to really care about fixing it Dx good luck though and always be willing to die trying xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Aeroboi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hi and thank you all for your posts

and something i didnt say before i am charmed, do take pots with me, but them pots are a bit on the expensive side so i dont wanna tank on them. since i would need a few 100 for each boss,

Also i really just wanna start with 1-2 and 2-1 :), make 70 gear and see how that goes. and yes 5.2k HP buffed lvl 10, but i just picked up some new 90 leggings +6 3xG7 HP, boost me up to now to 4.4k unbuffed

i guess ill give it a go this weekend. if i Fail or not i might post back :P
  • Aeroboi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Okay so i boosted refines to an avg of +4, changed some gear around ect

pulling of 4.8k HP 3.5pDef and 3k Mdef, buffed 6.3khp 5kpdef and 4kMdef. <could be out a lil here

Went into T 1-2 and charm only ticked on Drummer twice. only 1 problem we had was Armor dude but i managed to solo on party wipes, i duo-ed it trying setting up BB and well it went bad, 2nd time was on 007, otherwise tank-able without charm and food. and a real playing cleric

just for notes i could tank as either bow or fist on all bosses, but as before Fists was nicer on my HP pool and charm

now to attempt 2-1 :)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The old 3-1 was tankable by me wielding claws b:cry

no barb buff, just 1 cleric stacking
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Aeroboi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hey Guys with the 2xs drops me and some Faction mates went into some TTs

While 2-1 was very Troublesome, 1-3 wasnt any harder then 1-2, well maybe a lil harder, a few more ticks

But what i love the most is we got 3 gold matts in 2 runs, serpents Orb(1-2) and 2 golden spirits(1-3)

Think i might have to wait awhile before tanking 2-1 again
  • Demon_EA - Harshlands
    Demon_EA - Harshlands Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    archers tanking in tt must be insane or just cash shopper :( i never seen no non cash shop archer tank any tt... and hell sure i cannot tank anything, i'm way too squishy to even take one hit... more fragile than wizard
    The one and only... demon_troll... i will be pwn when i go demon again >)
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Demon_EA,why you come back?The forums were less faceplam-y with you not around.

Archers can tank TTs with skill,which you obviously have none
  • Aeroboi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Options
    archers tanking in tt must be insane or just cash shopper :( i never seen no non cash shop archer tank any tt... and hell sure i cannot tank anything, i'm way too squishy to even take one hit... more fragile than wizard

i have but 1 thing to say
    SIGH
  • Demon_EA - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i guess its because it is pve servers have it easier with pve i guess, do you even get chi there? how can you attack pillars for chi with blue names in bhs???? -.-

and i came back on the forums because i am lonely :( i have no friends anywhere ingame of pw or another game... why me?

i don't want to play pw now... just finding an fps instead... but ugh... are you heavy armored? what is the point on tanking tt? you want high repair bills? >.> that is you, i could barely afford repairs and i always dd :(. bm's and barbs armor still have better defense than you ... it is just ugh when heavy armor classes have like 9000 defense and we have like 400... how can we compete with tanking like that?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i guess its because it is pve servers have it easier with pve i guess, do you even get chi there? how can you attack pillars for chi with blue names in bhs???? -.-

and i came back on the forums because i am lonely :( i have no friends anywhere ingame of pw or another game... why me?

i don't want to play pw now... just finding an fps instead... but ugh... are you heavy armored? what is the point on tanking tt? you want high repair bills? >.> that is you, i could barely afford repairs and i always dd :(. bm's and barbs armor still have better defense than you ... it is just ugh when heavy armor classes have like 9000 defense and we have like 400... how can we compete with tanking like that?

It's called refines, skills, and balls. None of which you have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Demon_EA - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It's called refines, skills, and balls. None of which you have.

wtf is refine?
    pve server have skill? why are you not there? gtfo my server... have fun not smacking a pillar for chi when you are in bh or not being able to pk
    no balls? you calling me a girl? f u

i am staying dd... i have too much on repairing and can't even afford pots... tanking... nty
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options

wtf is refine?
    pve server have skill? why are you not there? gtfo my server... have fun not smacking a pillar for chi when you are in bh or not being able to pk
    no balls? you calling me a girl? f u

i am staying dd... i have too much on repairing and can't even afford pots... tanking... nty

Haha...refines keep you alive, dip****. And I'm not even gonna respond to the rest of that except to say that it's not YOUR server and I've killed you before. Did you forget that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Demon_EA - Harshlands
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Haha...refines keep you alive, dip****. And I'm not even gonna respond to the rest of that except to say that it's not YOUR server and I've killed you before. Did you forget that?

and how the fap you do you refine, i bet it is something for cash shopper archers to be good in tanking, so you might of prove my point bish. and you have killed me before, you are a cleric at 90+ you can't kill me now because i don't walk around outside until level 90, wait till i get you back and fap you with demon spark
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    and how the fap you do you refine, i bet it is something for cash shopper archers to be good in tanking, so you might of prove my point bish. and you have killed me before, you are a cleric at 90+ you can't kill me now because i don't walk around outside until level 90, wait till i get you back and fap you with demon spark

Who let this fail out of his cage?

Someone call his mom please, apparently she lost him while she was shopping.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Who let this fail out of his cage?

Someone call his mom please, apparently she lost him while she was shopping.

+1....
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Let's not get trolled please
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    Options
    +1....
    don't you mean +12? lololol
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    don't you mean +12? lololol

if that's the case...+123807290385723982 b:laughb:victory