Best weapon to use??

ToFuuu - Sanctuary
ToFuuu - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Barbarian
hey im just wondering but what would be the most suitable weapon for barbs to use??

atm im using calams =D
Post edited by ToFuuu - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Good choice I think, very useful up to lvl 90. Most Barbs use double axes of some sort. lvl 90, get a pair of GXs, TT90 gold axes. Some barbs do get poleaxes though, the FF ones are really good for that lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i never really liked the calamity's to be honest. sure i used em to tank for a bit due to the increased HP they gave, but when soloing on quests and such i used the tt70 thunderbolt axes. At 79 i got the cudgel of ancient alloy, and at 80 i got heraldry axes - but ended up using the cudgel primarily in all honesty up until level 90 when i got the Star Axes. I honestly rofl when people in my level range try fighting me with "zerk" axes.. they end up doing more damage to themselves than to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • ToFuuu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    hmm...well I really dont mind the zerking effect of my calams when im soloing cos i can kill mobs faster =D. Also, wouldnt calams suit barbs since we have massive amounts of hp compared to other classes?

I plan to get Pan Gu's Giant Axe when i hit lvl85, what would be your opinions on my choice?

I gladly appreciate your replies btw ^^
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I personally prefer Poleaxes, there's no set weapon barbs HAVE to use in my opinion. Calam's were okay I used em myself but since 85 I've been using the Gatherstorm and Pan Gu's Giant Axe along with various OHT weapons.

I'm selling my Pan Gu Giant axe btw, so hit me up in game if you're looking to buy. :)
  • DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear
    DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hey im just wondering but what would be the most suitable weapon for barbs to use??

atm im using calams =D

If u planing on being a Good tank dont get G-AXS reson for this chace of 5% lose of HP WTF if u walking a round with 18-20k hp in your 90's then 5% hp lose is a lot. Think u should go with the green 90 axs wich have chace to recove HP and MP by 5% then they make the the 99 axs wich have chace to recove 5% hp
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I honestly never liked zerk losing hp while tanking doesn't sound like a good idea to me
    After all the more hp you have the worse the zerk effect becomes overall if you have 10k for example 1 zerk will already eat 500hp
    Thats why I am using heraldry axes they still give me a bonus to hp(in the form of vit) and no zerk
  • ToFuuu - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    I personally prefer Poleaxes, there's no set weapon barbs HAVE to use in my opinion. Calam's were okay I used em myself but since 85 I've been using the Gatherstorm and Pan Gu's Giant Axe along with various OHT weapons.

I'm selling my Pan Gu Giant axe btw, so hit me up in game if you're looking to buy. :)

hehe...i would offer u a price but im kinda low on cash atm....>_>

oh and how often does the effect of Pan Gu's Giant Axes activate??
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Another choice are Lunar Claws. lol But that takes ALOT of money just for the build and you need to be lvl 99+. I recently re-stat to a claw barb with current sparked -int at 3.33 aps..........and I am loving the change. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I quite liked calamities at lvl 70. I got +5 calamities and went pking with them. First time I killed someone over level 90. I just got a pan gus giant axe yesterday, and plan on getting tt90 gold axes when I'm 90. At 100 I'm going to restat to 5 aps barb. In the end, it really depends on how you play. If you like tanking, I believe the pan gus giant axe gives the best bonus per refine under level 100. If you plan on pking, zerk axes would probably be better for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i never really liked the calamity's to be honest. sure i used em to tank for a bit due to the increased HP they gave, but when soloing on quests and such i used the tt70 thunderbolt axes. At 79 i got the cudgel of ancient alloy, and at 80 i got heraldry axes - but ended up using the cudgel primarily in all honesty up until level 90 when i got the Star Axes. I honestly rofl when people in my level range try fighting me with "zerk" axes.. they end up doing more damage to themselves than to me.

to bad you cant taste my +10 calamitys with lvl 10 garnets.
    4k Zerk Crits on lvl 101 BMs b:laugh
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    to bad you cant taste my +10 calamitys with lvl 10 garnets.
    4k Zerk Crits on lvl 101 BMs b:laugh
    Probably would have been cheaper getting +9 GX's.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *uses tt100 Ashura of purgatory with crit stones* +6% crit weapon ftw b:shocked

its not too expensive to make considering u can get a soul relic cheap, and always comes out 2 sockets
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    calamity --> thunderdeath --> pan gu's --> gx --> brimstone edge --> ashura's

At least that was the path Fuzzy took. Me bind everything from Thunderdeath onward so always had a nice choice depending if tanking, grinding etc. Last step in the progression be the Wheel of Warfog, but waiting on double drops to finish. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kataklysm616
    kataklysm616 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lol might as well post my question here instead of making a new thread.

Ive been using a Gatherstorm for PvPing/grinding for a while now and really learned to love it. Now I got myself some TT99 Scarlet Axes and started comparing the stats a bit.

With the TT99, i have round about 300 p atk more than with the Gatherstorm, and additional 400 p def.
    On the other hand, with the Gatherstorm i have an extra 2% crit, + the increased p atk when it procs. And the increased atk rate...

I just cant decide wether to sell the Gatherstorm, or keep both b:cry

Any opinions?
    edited October 2010
    Unless you need the coin, keep em both.

Fuzzy has alot of weapons in the arsenal and its just nice to have a choice sometimes. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Probably would have been cheaper getting +9 GX's.....

Oh i got these Calamitys when ppl were'nt even 102. So its many months ago.
  • Jeroen - Harshlands
    Jeroen - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    use from lvl 70 Calamitys till lvl 90. then go to Becon axe and on 99 take the TT99 gold polehammer. this way you got sum hp frome your wepons and atk power.

im making atm my tt 99 gold pole hammer. when i have this one im gone decompose it fore nirvana. when i got 1 stock or 2 stock avalibel ill put the +1 atk shards i it. this combined with the crazy jones blessing is a great power and a good tank wep
    You got fb, bh, HH, TT, and FC but i have a BD ( Beer Drinking )
    edited October 2010
    when i got 1 stock or 2 stock avalibel ill put the +1 atk shards i it. this combined with the crazy jones blessing is a great power and a good tank wep

Right now Fuzzy is using a +10 Ashura's with 2 attack shards in it. Me usually wear the anniversary blessing, but combined with the jones one its crazy on all kinds of levels and the most powerful tanking weapon me has yet used. b:laugh

(However, Fuzzy do plan to purge the attack shards and replace with 2 accuracy gems once me complete building them)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear
    DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lol might as well post my question here instead of making a new thread.

Ive been using a Gatherstorm for PvPing/grinding for a while now and really learned to love it. Now I got myself some TT99 Scarlet Axes and started comparing the stats a bit.

With the TT99, i have round about 300 p atk more than with the Gatherstorm, and additional 400 p def.
    On the other hand, with the Gatherstorm i have an extra 2% crit, + the increased p atk when it procs. And the increased atk rate...

I just cant decide wether to sell the Gatherstorm, or keep both b:cry

Any opinions?

If u barb and u cant get the gold 99 one's just yet get Scarlet Axs there's are good. Dur to chace of get 5% hp back + the chace of make your phy and mag def hige for littel bit.

P.S Fuzzy i miss u bro from ELITE_ONE
  • Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear
    Moon_Hammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Im keen to buy ur Pangu's axe dude. wat price you going for xD
    Rawr!! Pure vit barb FTW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the awesome siggy!! Your a babe!