A lil help in surviving FC

Options
ILubby - Raging Tide
ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Cleric
So I started doing FC at 85 b:surrender and I'm charmed (HP), I noticed that my charm ticks like crazy in FC so I was wondering whether it is still possible to do it uncharmed?
And on the 2nd boss, I have second wind on genie, is it good or tree of protection is better?
and even though, sometimes I get the bubble before second wind finishes cooldown ( like once I got bubbled 3 times in a row), so yea, charm saved me again. Ummmm what do you do?

Btw I cant have both second wind and tree of protection on genie :S, cuz she got only 50/80 LP and I already have earthflame, second wind, cloud eruption and holy path on it, so yea I do use them all.b:cry
Post edited by ILubby - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    3 things come to mind:
    1) maybe you are too close to barb when hes pulling: you keep close but it should be him aggroing mobs not you, and make sure he roars when you put bb up so you wont get heal aggro
    2) when bishop spawns right next to you and you are supposed to heal tank and not kill bishops just move away from him - physical hits from them are much higher than magic
    3) holeen often ticks charm, try using low level hp pots when he aoes, that would save the charm

i go charmed becasuse im lazy :P with charm on if you dont heal yourself or pot your charm ticks, without charm if you dont heal yourself you die, i like having that asafety margin...
    from genie skills in ff i used holypath mostly, and for heals rather event food and pots than genie - you shoudnt have to use both top and second wind, one emergency heal for when everything else is on cooldown should be enough...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    warning: never did FC on a cleric

i had a charm only in my first fc. i never considered getting another one, looks like a major charm burn.

even if you got 2nd wind and top you will also need a lot of vit/regen to use them if you get cursed a lot. I had 2nd wind btw but the cleric usually healed/purified me.
    however, you are going to do a lot of runs so investing in a good genie, even a dedicated one for frost is a good idea.

SO, ask the wiz/psy to do the same.
    just say something like "if i get cursed two times in a row plz heal me asap", especially if he doesnt heal you the first time.
    just remember that the psy heal has a 30sec cooldown so maybe you will need a bit of coordination such as waiting to see if the psy heals you before you cast second wind or asking him to heal every second seal or someting. btw the sage heal has a purifying effect as well (99+ skill)

other than that, you can cast one or two IH on you to heal you if you get cursed.
    maybe only when it's on cooldown.

eventually, you will kill all the elementos so his curse wont be such a big deal.

another tip is getting 5k+ hp buffed to survive the circles and the hands as they deal 5k dmg. oh, and on the second boss stay faaar away, he has a close range aoe bleed b:shocked
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    On boss for first quest, stay away from bleeding AoE.

On shocktrooper boss, alternate healing between yourself and the rest of the squad. That should keep your HP regen enough to prevent a charm tick on most cases, or buy you time till genie's healing skill cooldown.

On boss on heads room, Plume Shell will absorb the damage form boss's AoE (or you can use Wings of Protection, but it's cooldown makes is rather useless for this boss) , tho you gonna need a lot of MP pots or MP food.

Once your HP gets over 4k your charm shouldn't tick from any boss AoE on FC.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    warning: never did FC on a cleric

i had a charm only in my first fc. i never considered getting another one, looks like a major charm burn.

even if you got 2nd wind and top you will also need a lot of vit/regen to use them if you get cursed a lot. I had 2nd wind btw but the cleric usually healed/purified me.
    however, you are going to do a lot of runs so investing in a good genie, even a dedicated one for frost is a good idea. (b:cry no fair)

SO, ask the wiz/psy to do the same. ( I rarely get wiz/psy in squad)
    just say something like "if i get cursed two times in a row plz heal me asap", especially if he doesnt heal you the first time.
    just remember that the psy heal has a 30sec cooldown so maybe you will need a bit of coordination such as waiting to see if the psy heals you before you cast second wind or asking him to heal every second seal or someting. btw the sage heal has a purifying effect as well (99+ skill)

other than that, you can cast one or two IH on you to heal you if you get cursed.
    maybe only when it's on cooldown. ( I dont have time, it's either I 2 IH the barb, sleep, purify squad member, then heal barb, I rly dont have a chance to IH myself)

eventually, you will kill all the elementos so his curse wont be such a big deal. ( I thought all the elementos r killed before the boss's ice melts)

another tip is getting 5k+ hp buffed to survive the circles and the hands as they deal 5k dmg. ( I never find these a problem, just run out of circle, and put a member on hands) oh, and on the second boss stay faaar away, he has a close range aoe bleed b:shocked ( that's the 3rd boss <.< and yea I do stay far away, his bleed is meh)

• ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    On boss for first quest, stay away from bleeding AoE.

On shocktrooper boss, alternate healing between yourself and the rest of the squad. That should keep your HP regen enough to prevent a charm tick on most cases, or buy you time till genie's healing skill cooldown. ( as I said before, I really dont find time for that)

On boss on heads room, Plume Shell will absorb the damage form boss's AoE (or you can use Wings of Protection, but it's cooldown makes is rather useless for this boss) , tho you gonna need a lot of MP pots or MP food. (heads room is okay, as I get hit by 2.3k i can recover that easily but my problem is the 2nd boss)

Once your HP gets over 4k your charm shouldn't tick from any boss AoE on FC. ( my hp is 4.1k and my charm still ticks from the 7th boss)
    Thanks
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ( I dont have time, it's either I 2 IH the barb, sleep, purify squad member, then heal barb, I rly dont have a chance to IH myself)
    well, your life > DDs life. i guess that a barb would need a lot of healing at 8x range

( I thought all the elementos r killed before the boss's ice melts)
    no, the more elementos you kill, the weaker the boss will be.. at 8x usually you can only kill half of them (there are some behind the boss ;p )

( I never find these a problem, just run out of circle, and put a member on hands)
    sometimes they/we failb:chuckle

( that's the 3rd boss <.< and yea I do stay far away, his bleed is meh)
    oh yes XD

^^

b:pleased
  • lylfo5
    lylfo5 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For the shocktrooper, you can also try a perfectly timed absolute domain when he looks at you...

Second wind does not cut it for me. What I usually do is keep 1 stack of IH on me all the time(Like IH yourself, IH tank), forget about purifying the DDs if your tank is dying/taking lots of dmg cuz they definitely need a cleric to kill it.

Also, try to find good barbs who can cancel very well, the sleep is a spell.

Other than that boss, (and having enough HP for the big room boss), all the other bosses are easy to do without a charm.
  • Kwilinai - Sanctuary
    Kwilinai - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So I started doing FC at 85 b:surrender and I'm charmed (HP), I noticed that my charm ticks like crazy in FC so I was wondering whether it is still possible to do it uncharmed?
    And on the 2nd boss, I have second wind on genie, is it good or tree of protection is better?
    and even though, sometimes I get the bubble before second wind finishes cooldown ( like once I got bubbled 3 times in a row), so yea, charm saved me again. Ummmm what do you do?

I just did FC for the first time yesterday on my 81 cleric (base vit of 22 with mediocre gears) with no hp charm. I used a hp pot on one occasion because I panicked but even that proved to be unnecessary. The only problem I encountered was with the 2nd (or 3rd) boss, the one that seals and bleeds hp. I did not have enough hp to survive the bleed and as the only cleric, there was no one there to purify me. I tried skills and pots to no effect due to the seal but I did not think to try second wind. If genie skills still work while sealed by that boss, then I personally don't see a need for a cleric to have a hp charm.

It is also my opinion though that the success of the cleric will depend as much (if not more so) on the actions of the rest of the group as it does on your own playing abilities. In other words, if you have a good group, then there is definitely no need for a charm.

edit: oh, and I never used plume shell though that is a good idea as well.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One thing with switching IH on you and the tank. You say you dont really have time, which is understandable, but remember that when healing, you dont NEED to keep him at 100% the whole time. As long as he survives on this boss, you've done your job. IH yourself as soon as the boss breaks out, and then pop a few on the tank. Once the tank has enough to survive for a bit, pop some on yourself. If you need to, worry about healing yourself first, then pop a Stream on the tank when his hp starts to dip. Usually on this boss you don't need to over heal if a barb is tanking, so a SoR once in a while is sufficient. Worry about keeping yourself alive. And when he bubbles a member of the squad, dont waste time IHing them. Drop a purify, hit them with Wellspring, then IH yourself then tank again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Surviving should never be a problem, the AoE from many of the bosses in FF do a percentage of your HP as damage so it's rare for you to die because of AoE. Unless the squad is stupid and slow you should never get agro on big pulls, be sure to set BB a few seconds before the mobs stop running around.

And one last thing it's IB not IH!!!!!!!!!!! rawrrr
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    An 84 telling 93 it is IB not IH it is what I always call it IH.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He has a lvl 100 b:bye

And he is right, it is IB (ironheart blessing);
    but everyone says IH (ironheart healing).
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We commonly refer to it as IH short for Ironheart not Ironheart Healing or we could all say IHB short for Ironheart Blessing.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just did FC for the first time yesterday on my 81 cleric (base vit of 22 with mediocre gears) with no hp charm. I used a hp pot on one occasion because I panicked but even that proved to be unnecessary. The only problem I encountered was with the 2nd (or 3rd) boss, the one that seals and bleeds hp. I did not have enough hp to survive the bleed and as the only cleric, there was no one there to purify me. I tried skills and pots to no effect due to the seal but I did not think to try second wind. If genie skills still work while sealed by that boss, then I personally don't see a need for a cleric to have a hp charm. (Yesh, pots don't work here, just genie QQ)

It is also my opinion though that the success of the cleric will depend as much (if not more so) on the actions of the rest of the group as it does on your own playing abilities. In other words, if you have a good group, then there is definitely no need for a charm.

edit: oh, and I never used plume shell though that is a good idea as well.

• ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One thing with switching IH on you and the tank. You say you dont really have time, which is understandable, but remember that when healing, you dont NEED to keep him at 100% the whole time. As long as he survives on this boss, you've done your job. IH yourself as soon as the boss breaks out, and then pop a few on the tank. Once the tank has enough to survive for a bit, pop some on yourself. If you need to, worry about healing yourself first, then pop a Stream on the tank when his hp starts to dip. Usually on this boss you don't need to over heal if a barb is tanking, so a SoR once in a while is sufficient. Worry about keeping yourself alive. And when he bubbles a member of the squad, dont waste time IHing them. Drop a purify, hit them with Wellspring, then IH yourself then tank again.

Thank you, this is what I'm looking for.b:pleased
  • LadyHalo - Raging Tide
    LadyHalo - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

I have hope again!!! When I first started doing FC, I had a hp charm. Total burn @ Shocktrooper. Now that my charm is gone...it was death by purple bubble. I can't wait to put this to the test. *does Snoopy dance*

Thanks. xD
    "The clerics are the kingmakers, the peacemakers and the war-makers. People are marching by order of clerics and stopping by order of clerics." - Ismael Zayer
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have hope again!!! When I first started doing FC, I had a hp charm. Total burn @ Shocktrooper. Now that my charm is gone...it was death by purple bubble. I can't wait to put this to the test. *does Snoopy dance*

Thanks. xD

It worked lol u should try it, I also have nice hp now, 4.4k, so if I dont IH myself or use genie i still survive at 150 hp lolb:laugh
  • Vassaga - Heavens Tear
    Vassaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ok, this is what I do on my cleric (I post from sin avatar, but my cleric is 96)... Only charm I ever had was from TB quest chain, and that one is long gone..
    At boss which "seals" you... Ironheart yourself often and only heal your squad with squad heal. His damage is not so big when you have couple of stacked heals on yourself.. Whenever someone is sealed/occulted purify quickly and drop another squad heal, then Ironheart yourself few times..

What was other issue? Boss which does aoe bleed? Yeah, he can be tricky. What I did in 80s was - if my squad heal was too slow - I'd take a hp pot which would normally buy me enough time for sq heal to be cast.. Also, if you're squishy, don't debuff bosses, you'll take increased damage.

Hope this helped?

p.s: IH = IronHeart

edit: and tell melee's to SPREAD a bit so that u dont accidentaly misclick..