DQ Discussion: What items should players get for Dragon Points?

Options
SilverCleric - Lost City
SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
First thing this is not a troll thread or a spam thread. I also don't want any flaming or trolling in this discussion ether. b:chuckle

This is a simple discussion thread about what rewards people should get for getting enough Dragon Points (or DP's) without ruining the game.

For example a few obvious items that shouldn't be are:

• ANY Exp giving items (Like Oracles, Hypers, etc.) due to obvious reasons. >.>

• Charms or any type due to everyone having charms and making the game even more easier than it is because its harder for people to die and making it harder for people to PvP/Pk each other.

• Teleacoustics due to even more people spamming world chat.

• Any mats of any kind. >_>

• And lastly any tokens of luck. b:shocked

And a example of what items that could be a reward for DP's could be:

• Low lvl event pots.

• Some to all types of Smileys.

• Maybe air mounts that go up to 2.5 m/s that would most likely cost alot (I may be
    going to far with this option. b:embarrass )

• Some fashion items.

• Maybe some a cupboard or inventory stone.

• And lastly genie reset stones.

• Dragon Orbs.

This is my list of what would be the best rewards for the Dragon Points.

If you don't think this list is good please discuss why or make your own list and state your reasons why you think your options would be better b:victory

EDIT: Switch Dragon Orbs to what should be a reward for Dragon Points. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
Post edited by SilverCleric - Lost City on

Comments

• sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hay.

5char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Shouldn't we wait until the system is actually implemented (or the items are announced) before worrying about it? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Shouldn't we wait until the system is actually implemented (or the items are announced) before worrying about it? lol

I already know I need to wait. :P. >_>

I was just wondering of what you think what rewards people should get for the Dragon Points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Hay.

5char

Lol, yes, varying stacks of Hay, you totally read my mind b:laugh

And before anyone panics, I'm kidding ;)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol, yes, varying stacks of Hay, you totally read my mind b:laugh

Can I have some purple hay? I mean, I imagine it'd produce better hallucinations than the boring old green hay.
    And before anyone panics, I'm kidding ;)

Aww...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tbh I'd love for a small amount of dragon orbs to be traded for dq items, because atm refining to anything above 8 is pretty much exclusive to cash shoppers
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    How bout that white dragon pet egg that's been unattainable for so long :o
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tbh I'd love for a small amount of dragon orbs to be traded for dq items, because atm refining to anything above 8 is pretty much exclusive to cash shoppers

Well like what I said in the thread if you think my list doesn't sound right to you, you can ether make your own or state a reason why you think it should be a reward by using Dragon Points. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I would love being able to get 1* D.orbs off this since it's over 100 times easier to get DQ than it is to get those event things...

also if they do add 1* D.Orbs i would love it if they didn't do what they did with the event boutique ones =.=
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Rep items has vague appeal, kind of makes sense. Killing a bunch of wraiths should increase your rep, or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Rep items has vague appeal, kind of makes sense. Killing a bunch of wraiths should increase your rep, or something like that.

One man armies ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
    edited October 2010
    Options

I think we already have that with those 1 man army quests that gives you rep every time you finish one.

EDIT: Coraline nijaed me. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm fully aware, it would be more like OMAs with a sort of extra bounty, lol. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Big Headed Kid Pill
    Pumpkin Head Pill
    Fat Bro Pill
    Monkey King Pill

'cause we all love to have big heads b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    honestly i think they should add some charms...maybe up to silver....but im just sayin XD has for dragon orbs just do as they did with them in the event botique make them untradeable or unable to be combined...then maybe put them up to +5 orbs in...but yea jsut suggestion
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Event gold.

Charms.

Dragon orbs, and I mean REAL dragon orbs, not like the lame ones that were in the event boutique for like 2 weeks that couldn't even be combined. If they do give dragon orbs as a reward then unable to be traded is fine, unable to be combined makes them useless. Although I suppose if they gave offered higher level ones then unable to be combined would be fine, probably ones like 4 5 and 6 star d orbs.

Socket stones

Dyes

Chips

# Charms or any type due to everyone having charms and making the game even more easier than it is because its harder for people to die and making it harder for people to PvP/Pk each other.

So only cash shoppers should have that advantage?

And, maybe you'll realize this when you level more, but for somethings a charm is pretty much required.

If you want to do serious PvP/PK then you HAVE to be charmed.

If you want to do TW then you HAVE to be charmed, some guilds will kick you out of the TW if you show up without one.

Delta if you don't have amazing gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'd like to see the rewards (or at least some of them) be something that is difficult or impossible to obtain through other means. For example, add some kind of unique fashion or mount items that can only be bought with Dragon Points. Maybe create some special apothecary powders that are only available via Dragon Points.

DO NOT add these items to the cash shop 2 weeks later.

To some degree this would duplicate what already exists with the actual Dragon Quest, but the idea would be to give people some motivation to get out and actually kill monsters and farm items. One of the complaints about the changes over the last year is that nobody leaves instances and safe zone. Why not kill two birds with one stone? Fix the price reduction and give people a reason to grind again.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    I'd like to see the rewards (or at least some of them) be something that is difficult or impossible to obtain through other means. For example, add some kind of unique fashion or mount items that can only be bought with Dragon Points. Maybe create some special apothecary powders that are only available via Dragon Points.

DO NOT add these items to the cash shop 2 weeks later.

To some degree this would duplicate what already exists with the actual Dragon Quest, but the idea would be to give people some motivation to get out and actually kill monsters and farm items. One of the complaints about the changes over the last year is that nobody leaves instances and safe zone. Why not kill two birds with one stone? Fix the price reduction and give people a reason to grind again.

I like this idea.

Mainly because if they added Heart of Nature as an item, since it's nearly impossible to get unless you cash-shop like your a millionair, or have massive amounts of time/luck on your hands...
    I would grind mobs for DQ drops till I gained enough points to grab Heart of Nature :3

Also I think adding those lvl up items for crafting skills in there would also work, since they don't seem to be selling well for that 30g price >.>
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I like this idea.

Mainly because if they added Heart of Nature as an item, since it's nearly impossible to get unless you cash-shop like your a millionair, or have massive amounts of time/luck on your hands...
    I would grind mobs for DQ drops till I gained enough points to grab Heart of Nature :3

Also I think adding those lvl up items for crafting skills in there would also work, since they don't seem to be selling well for that 30g price >.>

Too bad that would take 100 bazillion DQs and by the time you farmed that many, you could probably buy like 3 hearts of nature. ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Too bad that would take 100 bazillion DQs and by the time you farmed that many, you could probably buy like 3 hearts of nature. ijs

Truthfully it depends on the % for the DQ item to give you Dragon Points, and how many Dragon Points you would get from that item. (They are probably going to set it up where higher lvl DQ give more Dragon Points (Ok..**** it...i'm calling them DP from now own =.=))

Hopefully they give a good chance to get the DP for DQ NPC's...but we'll have to wait and see.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Truthfully it depends on the % for the DQ item to give you Dragon Points, and how many Dragon Points you would get from that item. (They are probably going to set it up where higher lvl DQ give more Dragon Points (Ok..**** it...i'm calling them DP from now own =.=))

Hopefully they give a good chance to get the DP for DQ NPC's...but we'll have to wait and see.

Even if you could get 50 HP food for 1 DP, they're not going to make HoN easy to get when they're making so much money making you get it from packs. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Even if you could get 50 HP food for 1 DP, they're not going to make HoN easy to get when they're making so much money making you get it from packs. b:bye

Well even if they don't put it in the DP section, just from the sheer farming i'd end up doing for the items (if there was something i liked), i would probably end up with enough coin to probably buy the dang thing anyhow :/

Well either buy it or work out a trade xD (Heck i might end up with enough to buy a tome also....)
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i am totally for rep items, i mentioned it on the main thread for this issue. rep farming is way too cash-oriented imho. OMA also is rather tedious, more so than it should be if your thinking on rank 3 and above.

i have to say im against offering anything above those green quest charms thru this system. the cash items need to retain some of it's value or it will lead to them not being bought. if you really want a good charm, either spend irl $$ or grind like the dickens and use coin on merch'd charms.

another idea, since these rewards items will be not trade-able, is to offer items that confer specific buffs (i.e. cleric buffs, brambles, bloodpaint) it would be like having your own personal [inset class here]. please note that these buff-items will not be random like the candy.

i totally agree as well with these items not being replicated in any way in the cash shop. it would probably mean a whole lot more if these items could only be gotten thru grinding and actual work in-game.

and lastly, and this one is a LOOONG SHOOOTTTT, i think one of the best premium rewards they could offer would be TABS~!!!(within the lvl of the DQ item turned in). OBVIOUSLY, i would have to accept that DQ drops should be nerfed harder to prevent high lvls from farming tabs, but otherwise i could totally see that creating a spike in mob-death rates. maybe even those better than BH bounty-hunt thingies that drop for higher lvls as well.

case in point, whatever the rewards are, they should be not available in the cash shop, provide a similar advantage in doing certain things in-game to what the cash shop now offers, and really REWARD a player for persevering through the trouble of grinding mobs endlessly to gather that many DQ's. i know people may be thinking that they should be able to just hand in a few hours worth of dq's for some great present, but that would only leave the door open to exploitation; the greatest rewards will require greater quantities of DP's but it will actually be worth it especially if you dont intend to spend any money whatsoever.

i personally think every player that cares enough to complain should also care enough to contribute at least $10 every month or so, we all like/love this game so support it so the people who's life work this is will feel the need to do a better job and work harder to provide more content for us to play.
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i agree with the items being not able to get with the cash shop wholeheartedly as well as spending $10 a month give or take, but here's the kicker. so long as they try to make it mandatory to spend RL$ I'm reluctant to spend anything. if they make it possible for non cash shoppers to get decent items again then I won't be held back from spending so much.
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    how about:
    -coins
    -all class pets
    -moderate amounts of exp
    -exchange for mats (like rubstone, fine wood, etc)
    -molds
    -exclusive mounts
    -fashion
    -bronze charms
    -teles
    -hypers (gives you an incentive to use them outside of FCC maybe?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ummm, most of those things ppl pay for. remember these items are not trade-able, and asking for the same items they sell is like asking for a store to give away what it sells.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I like where this thread is going b:victory

I believe we have enough rewards for high level players (for the moment), but what do you guys suggest for players in the 30-60 range?

Your suggestions here can definitely be implemented, so let's hear 'em :)

Oh and try to keep the suggestions non-cash shop..
    edited October 2010
    Options

I believe we have enough rewards for high level players (for the moment), but what do you guys suggest for players in the 30-60 range?

30-60 range?

Some of the mold weps that have a very low drop rate (under like 2% chance). Or just the mold of the wep, that would help most players in this range.
    Also add in the molds for the gear within this range it would help big time, since most players this rank are just flipping through gear so fast it's crazy.

Other things could be food for a veno's pet, or maybe a simple rank 1 tome so that a veno, or anybody with a pet, won't have to bother with feeding it once they get it to a certain happiness.

Other than those few things, charms (which i know are cash-shop and event boutique) are usually a big help since people this range are doing quests/BH's/fb's. So a charm (doesn't even have to be gold or anything) would help them out so that they don't die too much and won't have to spend countless coins on pots, which frankly put don't work well as the end-game items or charms do....

Besides these I can't really think of much, because once you hit 60 you get a nice TT wep, and then within 10 levels of that you get some awesome TT gear. Soon after there you can get FF gear, and then followed by Niravana gear. So those area's are covered in both weps and gear.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

I'd say the lower level event potions (jiaozi/yuanxiao) would be a fitting addition, they would actually help a lot (especially mana is quite a pain for magic classes in that level range).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options

FOr players 30-60 that are not from the cash-shop...... hmmm...

Like whats some players here posted, maybe special types of pots that can only be gained from DQP's and maybe special types of lower lvled charms or something..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰