Assassin for fun

Options
Karmah - Raging Tide
Karmah - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Assassin
Hello, I am trying a new experiment on a assassin i recently created:

Weapon
Physical damage shards for of course..stronger hits.

Armor
Evasion shards, this has been an idea of mines for quite a while never got around to testing it.

Build
50 Vitality
1 Strength/Level
3 Dexterity/Level until 50 Vitality then 4/Level

Thank you :D
Post edited by Karmah - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Karmah - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bump b:surrender
  • Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hp or physical defence shards will serve you better, at high levels evasion barely matters. (misty forest ring, anyone?)

You can cap vit whereever you like- I capped at 40 and my gear gives me about 33 vit. It really is a personal preference.
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    evasion is useless mate, and for every bit of vit you lose, you essentially lose 1% of damage. but feel free to try it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • Karmah - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's all in the name of experimenting I am tired of seeing sins 1 Strength 4 Dexterity per level to common. You are right evasion at higher levels does seem rather useless going to go for garnet shards in my armor, Thank you. And i know sins are supposed to be 1 shot type of class but i want to make one for PVE/PVP not just PVP. :) Thanks guys.
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    vit wont help you in PVP, especially against magic classes. youll have maybe like 1000 more hp, going from 5k to 6k wont make a diff if the wizzy hits for 10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's all in the name of experimenting I am tired of seeing sins 1 Strength 4 Dexterity per level to common. You are right evasion at higher levels does seem rather useless going to go for garnet shards in my armor, Thank you. And i know sins are supposed to be 1 shot type of class but i want to make one for PVE/PVP not just PVP. :) Thanks guys.

we had on RT server sin sharded with evasion.. failed hard..
    for endgame PvE, sin could profit the most by sharding +def level shards.. less damage you take, more efficient BP becomes..

ideally it would be Jades of Steady Defense in G15 armor, +10 vit stones in rest.. 2x Drakeflame Stones in wpn..

math is da ****..

EDIT:
    also, with pure dex build you deal more damage.. meaning you return more hp with each hit.. i believe that you might have better survivability with pure dex + BP than hybrid vit + BP.. someone should calculate it..

EDIT2:
    i have pure dex sin lvl78 (in mostly 50-64 2star gear), and he has better survivability than my archer on lvl 90+ (in full tt90).. i mean, sup with all that vit points in DD class?

EDIT3:
    i mean.. for real? sins are so OP that if you die as a sin, you are doing something terribly wrong.. or you lagged much, or got 1 shooted while DN on cooldown.. and you feel like you need 500-1000 more health at the cost of damage/hp recovery?
  • Karmah - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you both for all your input, i agree that Pure dex build might be better in PVP and TWs but I am tired of seeing the same build on every class dulls out the game for me. :) worth a try i will keep posting my productivity in Questing, FBs, TTs, Bhs, any dungeons in general. Thank you :)
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thank you both for all your input, i agree that Pure dex build might be better in PVP and TWs but I am tired of seeing the same build on every class dulls out the game for me. :) worth a try i will keep posting my productivity in Questing, FBs, TTs, Bhs, any dungeons in general. Thank you :)

nothing wrong with being different.. nothing wrong with some extra vit points (better than mag:)).. if you are aware that you wont get max performance out of your char, go for it:)

you can also try to be different by mastering your skills.. if you make the right move in every situation, trust me, you'll be different.. i just dont wanna take down my performance just so i can say "i'm different"..

good luck with your experiment:)
  • Karmah - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    nothing wrong with being different.. nothing wrong with some extra vit points (better than mag:)).. if you are aware that you wont get max performance out of your char, go for it:)

you can also try to be different by mastering your skills.. if you make the right move in every situation, trust me, you'll be different.. i just dont wanna take down my performance just so i can say "i'm different"..

good luck with your experiment:)

Haha yeah I am aware being different doesn't mean you're good. But if something new is found out that will help other Assassins in the future it is worth the effort on my behalf. :) Ty!
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I had a friend who used evade shards in gear, but he was full on decked out with +10-11 grade and +8 refines on gear. Think he had roughly 5-6k evade, then popped demon maze steps and made a mess of things. Didn't save him from magic hits though ijs.

nothing wrong with adding some vit, I capped mine at 50 early on with full vit build 1,1,3
    was fairly handy to have the extra 650 hp when I couldn't shard each set of gear properly.

31% crit atm w/o dagger mastery
    6.1k hp with +3 refined gear using flawless shards
    2.0/2.86 aps

works out fairly nice
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I had a friend who used evade shards in gear, but he was full on decked out with +10-11 grade and +8 refines on gear. Think he had roughly 5-6k evade, then popped demon maze steps and made a mess of things. Didn't save him from magic hits though ijs.
    if evasion would work in pvp in this game would be nice but almost any class can make your evasion zero...