Barbs Are going Extinct

Comments

• PaYwil - Heavens Tear
    PaYwil - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hi and i agree. I will NEVER form a random squad for my BH ever again. We do get abused alot during BH or any instance. I will always do the run with my faction mates.

Hate random squads.b:angryb:surrender

Regards
    PaYwil
  • TankedBeast - Lost City
    TankedBeast - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I have got to say, I won't do a Frost run with anyone outside my faction unless we just ABSOLUTELY can't fill a spot, then I'll ask my FL before I even think about getting a random.

BHs are a different story. I will do BHs with randoms, but i have to have lead, or know the person with lead. . I've had too many sins purposefully try to take aggro, too many clerics try to tank groups, and too many BMs who wouldn't do AoEs. I would rather do my bh with just me and my director (a cleric) than do one with a squad without having lead, or knowing the one who has lead.

...That being said...

I find playing my barb much more rewarding than my other characters. Yes, we do get the most QQs when people die (although clerics get even more QQs when the barb dies.. >.>), but I also get many more "GJ"s and "TY"s than QQs. Yes, the repair bills are expensive, but I'm not too lazy, or dumb, to grind like freaking crazy when its 2x drops/exp/sprit.

You don't have to Cash Shop to be a good barb. You just can't be lazy, an imbecile, or way too loose with your coin purse. Instead of doing nothing but BHs and Frosts, go do a couple HH runs. Keep the mats you need, and sell the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Leader of Sangnati (Latin for Blood Born/Nation)
    We can be your best friend... Or your worst enemy...
    Which would you prefer?
    b:sin
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
    Yes, 5.0 really is OP. Yet, I still got it... b:chuckle
  • Stressss - Sanctuary
    Stressss - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Most of the barbs are always in a squad so maybe thats why there are not many barbs on your server because they playing with guild members for help or faster response squads.
  • Stressss - Sanctuary
    Stressss - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hi and i agree. I will NEVER form a random squad for my BH ever again. We do get abused alot during BH or any instance. I will always do the run with my faction mates.

Hate random squads.b:angryb:surrender

Regards
    PaYwil

In random squad are to many people taking aggro and aoe skills.
  • Bruins - Lost City
    Bruins - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    On all servers Fuzzy pretty sure its the same. By the time a barb starts to get 8x+ they pretty much have their friends who they want to run with figured out.

It not that we are "rare" or going extinct or anywhere close to it. We just choose to avoid random squads like the plague, especially just to be used and abused to run people through FC.

btw, what you mean "can't level"? This statement makes no sense.

ure right we get treated wrong. thats why u think we go extinct we hideb:sad
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    barbs didnt have a problem with holding aggro till nirvana weapons and Tideborns were released. Both deal huge damage and are the fastest attacker at their classes.
  • sl1c3r
    sl1c3r Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    barbs didnt have a problem with holding aggro till nirvana weapons and Tideborns were released. Both deal huge damage and are the fastest attacker at their classes.

This is soooooo true. I remember when it used to be just the archers fighting for the aggro, and then it was only if they critted 3 or 4 times straight and were a few levels higher than the barb...

Edit: Btw, this is KrittyCat...I just wanted to see when I originally joined PWI, lol XD
  • draggonhatchling
    draggonhatchling Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Barbs Extinct? Highly doubtful......I have a barb, but refuse to join any random group. I have a set of people I run with during instances sure, but the main reason I don't join just any random squad is that there is way to many people out there that have hyper-stoned their way to high levels and do not know their ROLE in a squad. I actually got sick to my stomach see so many high leveled players that did little to nothing to deserve LVL 90+ that I had to actually leave the game for a while LOL. Don't get me wrong for some hyper-stoning is good for them since it is the lazy ones way to get high levels. I've had people ask to come on runs cause they need a tank; my first question I ask majority of the time is "how many in the squad was power leveled or Hyper-stoning?" If there is any I walk the other way b:laugh. This is just one reason that Barbs seem extinct.....Oh not to mention a lot of barbs are most likely tired of being told they are not doing their job right when tanking or even the fact of all those that complain about the repairs some of us don't want to here the Q_Q of repair bills lol
  • emhz
    emhz Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    this is so true we barbs are not treated fairly thats why im on strike.... u cant even get squad to do nirvana or some shets if u are not an interval one .... even sins bms can tank now whats the use of being a barb wheres the regularity of the name tank in this server its so unfair when i ask some people can i join nirvana.... then they said whats ur attack rate... i hope gms can see this and do something about this i/we dnt cashshop a lot unlike others and im now qqing about this.... but what will happen to barbs are they like buffers of this game only or what..... barbs are useful only when lower levels but when it goes to higher one they are like do your own thing..... we need some fun too.... however what will happen when new classes join this game probably it will be overrated again like the sins lets have an equality of classes in this game
  • draggonhatchling
    draggonhatchling Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    emhz wrote: »
    this is so true we barbs are not treated fairly thats why im on strike.... u cant even get squad to do nirvana or some shets if u are not an interval one .... even sins bms can tank now whats the use of being a barb wheres the regularity of the name tank in this server its so unfair when i ask some people can i join nirvana.... then they said whats ur attack rate... i hope gms can see this and do something about this i/we dnt cashshop a lot unlike others and im now qqing about this.... but what will happen to barbs are they like buffers of this game only or what..... barbs are useful only when lower levels but when it goes to higher one they are like do your own thing..... we need some fun too.... however what will happen when new classes join this game probably it will be overrated again like the sins lets have an equality of classes in this game

Could not agree with you more b:laugh Asking GM's to actually fix the problem yea right that's like looking for a needle in a hay stack LMAO. Honestly I have actually gone on official strike of even giving buffs out. The tank was one of the most respected in PW (by means of taking the dmg and then not complaining about the cost of repairs) and now there is no respect accept give me buff, give me that, or give me this. Heck I may even start to charge for buffs. I think all tanks should do this **** the free barb buffs LOL charge for them.
  • emhz
    emhz Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i guess gm's should make this fair for barbs lover
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Im only good for pulling Cata. Pretty much it.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    The real problem is the barb themselves.
    -There's nothing stopping them from making their own squad that's not filled with interval, but they're so scared of being laughed at for not being one that they don't even bother.
    -They're so obsessed with money that they avoid getting into random squads.
    -They're so obsessed with money that they reroll a sin/bm too, and just give up on their barb.

Barbs are still very much required for rebirth, but guess what? None of them ever wants to go. Each boss in delta can drop like 600k coins (70-100k coins per person) and there are 9-10 of them. Not to mention mystical tome frags for completing the whole thing, and old book pages from wave 3 bosses and above. Wiz usually ends up tanking most of it since most barbs are just awful.

Why are you so obsessed with Nirvana? Drop rate is awful there. There's a reason people use interval there. Most runs are shared, so not like you're picking up a rapture for yourself for being a tank. If you want money, go farm colluseast in 3-1 for armors or 3-3 for footprints. You're still required in those anyways.

Most people are such noobs nowadays that they think a barb is required in FC past 95+. Guess what? You're not, so abuse this fact. BH by 80+ is awful for exp/money anyways. Go die and make money, and recover the exp and some extra in FC at the end of the day.

5 aps means attacking 5 times as fast compared to most people. Also means their weapon (maybe rings too) breaks 5 times as fast. Stop complaining about repair costs. You barely attack 1 per second. Not like there are any 5 aps bosses that you are tanking anyways.

How do you think wiz and psy feels? They're not wanted in anything since they deal ****ty magic and get last in drops. Doesn't help that a lot of bosses endgame has mana drain. You're just as much a noob/selfish as the people you don't want to squad with. Just expecting everything to be handed to you in a silver platter.
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmm... where should Fuzzy start...
    volst wrote: »
    -They're so obsessed with money that they avoid getting into random squads.

Its not money that makes a barb avoid a random squad. It is the simple fact that, like a cleric, if anyone dies we are the 2 classes everyone feels they can sling mud at. DD's that don't have a clue what they are doing start throwing out insults when they die. Horribly under-geared people who think they can tank anything just because they have a few dps and can steal agro are a waste of time to party with. Fuzzy can't count how often someone has stolen agro only to be squished by a boss in a handful of hits. Then they have the nerve to QQ about it. This barb for one will avoid random squads and the chance to run into such idiots. Me will stick to running with the people me know and trust.

Why are you so obsessed with Nirvana?

G15 > G12. Simple
    5 aps means attacking 5 times as fast compared to most people. Also means their weapon (maybe rings too) breaks 5 times as fast. Stop complaining about repair costs.

Fuzzy is never one to complain about repair costs but it is insulting to a barb to think anyone else comes close. Last night me do a full delta run. Fuzzy's repair bill was over 500k. Wizz & Cleric combined was less than 150.

You're just as much a noob/selfish as the people you don't want to squad with. Just expecting everything to be handed to you in a silver platter.

Looking out for ones own interest is hardly the same as expecting anything handed to one on a silver platter. Fuzzy see more world chats for squads looking for barbs that me does for any other class. There is a reason for this. Are there people out there with 5aps who can tank? Yes, ofcourse. Fuzzy is friends with many and me run with them on a regular basis. Is 5aps the norm? Don't make Fuzzy laugh, it is far from it. Just because it is attainable by MAYBE 5% doesn't mean every bm/sin etc out there has managed to achieve it. Barbs are still needed by most squads to tank 95% of the instances in a game.

The simple fact is we choose to run with those we trust. Hence, some people might start to think we are becoming extinct. This is not the case at all. Its just the fact that any competent barb will avoid running with people like the above poster who have a bad attitude.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2010

<other good stuff>

The simple fact is we choose to run with those we trust. Hence, some people might start to think we are becoming extinct. This is not the case at all. Its just the fact that any competent barb will avoid running with people like the above poster who have a bad attitude.

Fuzzy for president? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Its not money that makes a barb avoid a random squad. It is the simple fact that, like a cleric, if anyone dies we are the 2 classes everyone feels they can sling mud at. DD's that don't have a clue what they are doing start throwing out insults when they die. Horribly under-geared people who think they can tank anything just because they have a few dps and can steal agro are a waste of time to party with. Fuzzy can't count how often someone has stolen agro only to be squished by a boss in a handful of hits. Then they have the nerve to QQ about it. This barb for one will avoid random squads and the chance to run into such idiots. Me will stick to running with the people me know and trust.

G15 > G12. Simple

Fuzzy is never one to complain about repair costs but it is insulting to a barb to think anyone else comes close. Last night me do a full delta run. Fuzzy's repair bill was over 500k. Wizz & Cleric combined was less than 150.

Looking out for ones own interest is hardly the same as expecting anything handed to one on a silver platter. Fuzzy see more world chats for squads looking for barbs that me does for any other class. There is a reason for this. Are there people out there with 5aps who can tank? Yes, ofcourse. Fuzzy is friends with many and me run with them on a regular basis. Is 5aps the norm? Don't make Fuzzy laugh, it is far from it. Just because it is attainable by MAYBE 5% doesn't mean every bm/sin etc out there has managed to achieve it. Barbs are still needed by most squads to tank 95% of the instances in a game.

b:pleased +1
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    then can fuzzy tell me what i should d cos i am confused.
    cos how is see it aps killed the barb class i mean whatever instance might come with the new expansion bm and sin will tank much better then us so what does it mean 4 us buffers.
    iff that is what we become then i prefer scrap my barb all 2gethe why spend more money on a class that cant keep agro from aps.

i been thinking maybe go full str 2 still we able 2 use fleash ream but will lose tone of hp and my dream of maxing my vitality would never come.

anyways i am playing a wiz for now cos i dono right now unless i can somehow knew i can someone still we somewhat competent tank cos that is what barb is anyways i would we happy with any anxwer from someone i miss frost run but dont wana play barb if all i do is lureb:cry.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Barbs can always go claw, but its requires tons of money for just a "decent" build. I conformed to being a claw Barb, but I was overall just sad that I had to do that to keep my usefulness.

I love my claw build, but I just feel bad for the normal end-game barb. Overall, Barbs are screwed unless you pump loads of money into the game.

Either you are a 4.0+ int Barb, or a 30K+ HP Barb, to be useful. I know 30K+ HP Barbs hurt, even HA users when they Arma. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Fuzzy already said everything I was thinking while reading volst's idiotic post. Of course, he said it much nicer than I wanted to...b:shutup
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    then i can say its bb barb i have it purly 2 help low lv guildies on bh r culti but i wont waste coin on it anymore.

no point going claw if ur a barb really at least for me and str barb dosent seem optional either so what the point on playing a tank class do dont tank no more.

i hade hope for better respont but oh well maybe there isnt any.

cya all barbs this prolly last time i will respond as a barb me think hope u like ur barb cos i dont like mine b:bye
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Thats just it, no one wants to play a barb. They don't level as fast as other classes and you don't make hardly any money! Unless you use plenty of RL money and most people don't use that much RL money. Also when people ***** because they were stupid and attacked mobs you weren't attacking and died and made a big deal of if.... It does get annoying to hear your considered fail because of someone else incompetence and stupidity.

You can QQ and flame all you want but you know as well as I do it is sadly the truth.
    Or use to use a lot and now can't afford to spend anymore. b:surrender

Thus why would you want to play something that isn't really that fun unless you use RL money?

Jeeze i duno how many factions I've left since they introduced the amizingly pain in the asses rase they call "tide borns" when they first started coming on my Bh's, due to the fact BH's didnt come out till i was lvl 40 i think, not sure, well ill tell you when your in vent, N the phy or sin doesnt know you in their and they start bad mouthing that fast that you cant keep agro ov 6 different mobs and the one they keep attacking....aka.... theone your not attacking.. it pisses the cows *** outa you...

the good old days..... before PWI bought in more classes

on another note.... i love my barb, iv made 20+ of em in my time, and well deleted all but 2, my main.... aka dagnatic, and another build im curently experementing with, my pure tiger form barb.... all the friends i make seam to get to lvl 90 while im still sitting in my 70's doesnt bother me much at all... it does.. but dont tell em that.... i recon I've tried every build you could imagine.. and didnt like any of em... With my Main, well iv had numerous problems... iv had 14 odd Mag for 70 odd lvls and only just got rid of it..... iv had 40 dex scince lvl 25, never had enough HP, been called fail so many times.. and you know what? No mater how many times i died from 20-35 i havnt given up.... u Dont like BH, looses your coins and the randoms squads **** me, BM, sin, phys, Venos..... they all **** me.... dont know what there suposed to be doing half the time.. and end up dieing....

One thing that teaches em a leason.... acidently forget to hold Agro on a boss when they are anoying you....

cheers

and sory for the bad spelling, typos, and horid grammer
    live with it =P
    edited November 2010
    Money has never really been a problem with being a barb. Its the constant QQs and not being apreciated. You get people who power level their sins/bms and get a really high attack rate, spam demon spark, and QQ the rest of the freaking time when they die. I have gained several levels since the last time i posted on this thread, and i have figured out pretty much exactly what i need to do as a tank in frost. The only time I die is when someone else fks up. I.e. cleric didn't BB where i said, or soon enough, or the bm decides he doesn't know how to use roar of the pride (or on the very rare occasion i let a psychic come in and i lag to all get out). I don't QQ about it, i simply say what i think what went wrong, release/scroll and try it again. You can bet your **** that when a bm, sin, or cleric died they QQ immediately.

Easy fix to all this. Learn your character, learn your role, or gtfo.
    'Nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which would you prefer?
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
    edited November 2010
    Easy fix to this whole problem.. Make Flesh Ream/Devour create more hate. Could do it when new classes come out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which would you prefer?
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Easy fix to this whole problem.. Make Flesh Ream/Devour create more hate. Could do it when new classes come out

Because a DD can still tank (if there is one capable of tanking in the squad, of course), there's no reason to get a barb to tank since the barb will do less damage. 4 DDs + barb + cleric, or 5 DDs + cleric? Or 6 DDs, if the tank doesn't need a cleric. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • RauI - Archosaur
    RauI - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    maybe its da build Im even confused if 6str 3vit 1dex is good, thats why never created barb.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    A few days ago, we had RB BH for BH100, and wow WC was spamming nasty for Barbs. Had like 5 different squads looking for a Barb.

Anyways, yea Barbs are dying. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Don't worry Knownase, Fuzzy is sure the best of us are still out there and always will be.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    White tigers are becoming Endangered in the game too b:cry
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    We not be going extinct. Whats really happening is that all the sad weak little barbs whose owners don't have a clue as to how to manage them are being weeded out. The more Pro barbs will then have room to flourish and not have that fail barb title thats been tainting us lately.b:victory

P.S. Thanks goes to my lovely wife jellytoast for the wonderful new sig she has provided me withb:victoryb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    My barb will still be played, No 5APS is going to kill his role... They never did yet cause of pre-80 even though you can get -int can be gained at lvl60+ too lol. Wizards / Psychics are not even extinct either, yet they are most likely rejected and judged.

v
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Don't worry Knownase, Fuzzy is sure the best of us are still out there and always will be.

b:victory
    ^

Win! :D
    White tigers are becoming Endangered in the game too b:cry

No, my barb is in tiger form 80% of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye