hp and tanking strategy

Avryll - Sanctuary
Avryll - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Archer
what would be a good hp total and strategy for tanking 3-3 bosses? i currently have 5.9k with my bow, and 5.6 with claws. how much more should i be aiming for?
Post edited by Avryll - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    To be safe, with this new 3-3 probably like, over 10k hp and over 12k pdef. To tank comfortably, I'd aim for over 11k hp and 15k pdef
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Avryll - Sanctuary
    Avryll - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    tanking with a bow? last i checkedthings like illusion nemen stilluse magic from a distance O_o
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    oh I dont know with bow, I've never tanked with bow xD
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It actually depends alot on the cleric.. You can get away with considerably less than Kasumi described for tanking with claws if the cleric is good.

As for bow tanking.. it used to be that you only needed like 8 or 9k hp buffed to tank 3-2/3-3. I'm not sure how much the new attacks affect that. You can always use the anni blessing instead of jones blessing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As for bow tanking.. it used to be that you only needed like 8 or 9k hp buffed to tank 3-2/3-3. I'm not sure how much the new attacks affect that. You can always use the anni blessing instead of jones blessing.

In 3-3, on colluseast, you will often be unbuffed and with your maximum health reduced (40%?).

So the equivalent of 8khp unbuffed then would be something like 13k unbuffed now? Except you would also need your base defenses a lot better also?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    In 3-3, on colluseast, you will often be unbuffed and with your maximum health reduced (40%?).

So the equivalent of 8khp unbuffed then would be something like 13k unbuffed now? Except you would also need your base defenses a lot better also?

That purge is killer but is avoidable. Before the purge he says "Soon you will be one of us". Use AD, triple spark, WoG, or a tranq orb to resist the purge. Even if you are purged you can still use an invulnerability move to give everyone time to rebuff. Every other debuff should be purified by the cleric. If the cleric is slow you can always use pdef charm or a dew of star protection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Archer with low hp melee tanking gives me high blood pressure. You literally live til the next time you have Demon Wingspan or triple spark. With 5.0 you can cast Wingspan and still permaspark. I melee tanked some card bosses charmless in FB89 last week, was freaking precarious as hell. They were hitting like 3k-4k on me and I was not barb buffed. Thinking back on that, a pill would probably have made that experience less stressful. It does depend a lot on the cleric too, I had a really good one.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Archer with low hp melee tanking gives me high blood pressure. You literally live til the next time you have Demon Wingspan or triple spark. With 5.0 you can cast Wingspan and still permaspark. I melee tanked some card bosses charmless in FB89 last week, was freaking precarious as hell. They were hitting like 3k-4k on me and I was not barb buffed. Thinking back on that, a pill would probably have made that experience less stressful. It does depend a lot on the cleric too, I had a really good one.
    lol tell me about it, i tanked vexation the other day with my claws because some stupid barb was horrible at tanking. he kept smoking even with BB. so i grabbed it >_>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    with a barb buff im jsu a tad bit from 5k hp almost 4k unbuffedb:victory and ful ldex mewhahaha