Which of these hurt PWI the most?

Options
nimh88
nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
Which of the following, in your opinion...
Post edited by nimh88 on

Comments

• Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Is there an option for "Developing Team and Staff?"
    b:sweat I don't see it.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    None of the above, Im missing the option "People endlessly yelling in world chat and on forums over some recent patch."
    Seriously so tired of all this *Games dead, games ruined, game sucks."
    Smart people would move on...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You get hypers with packs.
    You get 5.0 with packs...
    Yea..
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think the packs, while possibly a little over-the-top, have been good for PWai in general. However, hypers are a double-edged sword.

On one hand, you have the competent players who have had a hard time spending a lot of time in-game to level as they become higher-leveled, and they can use these with people rarely noticing anything odd about them except for a faster leveling speed. Their skills aren't lacking, and they show a level of play that is fun to work with.

On the other hand, you have what many people call "hyper-noobs", those who from day one turn hypers on and never turn them off for any reason, thus leveling at an unprecedented rate and lacking everything from the skills to play their character o the social skills developed by talking to other players. This makes playing with them a rude awakening to the danger hyper stones can be to the development of a character.

Overall, I think the BHs were enough, but now that hypers are here, we just have to be careful about who we squad with, and just be aware that level does not necessarily imply skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think the packs, while possibly a little over-the-top, have been good for PWai in general. However, hypers are a double-edged sword.

On one hand, you have the competent players who have had a hard time spending a lot of time in-game to level as they become higher-leveled, and they can use these with people rarely noticing anything odd about them except for a faster leveling speed. Their skills aren't lacking, and they show a level of play that is fun to work with.

On the other hand, you have what many people call "hyper-noobs", those who from day one turn hypers on and never turn them off for any reason, thus leveling at an unprecedented rate and lacking everything from the skills to play their character o the social skills developed by talking to other players. This makes playing with them a rude awakening to the danger hyper stones can be to the development of a character.

Overall, I think the BHs were enough, but now that hypers are here, we just have to be careful about who we squad with, and just be aware that level does not necessarily imply skill.

Lv 80 minimum req on hypers would make this lil prob go away methinks.

But then again, im hypering my Wizard through levels. 4x hyper and just grind grind grind. Its cheaper and less annoying than questing, and im still learning how to play :O

Lv 49 as I type this, and climbing. <3 Hypers :p

---

I think its the devs mainly but out of those options imma go for 5.0. Without 5.0 the TT / Nirvana instances wouldnt have been so screwed up to try and counter the insane farm speeds you can hit with it. So much so now that if you ARNT 5.0 noone will bloody take you to said instances.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think its the devs mainly but out of those options imma go for 5.0. Without 5.0 the TT / Nirvana instances wouldnt have been so screwed up to try and counter the insane farm speeds you can hit with it. So much so now that if you ARNT 5.0 noone will bloody take you to said instances.

This^

5.0 created a major imbalance, so much so that its the way every physical DPS has to play, INSTEAD of their own weapon which they were designed to have skills with. And as said, noone wants to take anyone into instances that isnt a 5.0. The imbalance is too great, and the only reason they wont fix it, other then laziness, is that it would stop their own greedy inflow of cash. It completely ruined both character builds as they were designed & balance between classes. Packs may have brought it into the game, but the general failed mechanic of static -Interval is seperate & the true culprit in my oppinion.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wheres the option for tideborn?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Avryll - Sanctuary
    Avryll - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wheres the option for idiot posters making stupid 'game is dead, mods are (insert insult)' threads?

but hyper noobs are probably the worst of these 3 evils. so sick of seeing the worst, idiotic players hopping to 100 overnight. inb4aster'scomplaintsoflackofgamma
  • Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wheres the option for tideborn?

The TB themselves aren't the problem, it's the sales and packs that were released at the same time. Also 5aps. A good cap would be 3aps, since it still does a lot of damage, but it gives the melee classes more options as far as wanted builds/skills. I remember the days when all you saw were axe/hammer BMs with a few pole/blade ones thrown in for flavor- now all I see are fists and claws.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Is there an option for "Developing Team and Staff?"
    b:sweat I don't see it.

This.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why the **** do low level people talk even? Not trying to sound arrogant, but the whole issue being addressed here is for high levels and the imbalance both effort-wise (packs ruined everything, why do you think they made nirvana pieces require 250 crystals per 2nd recast? have no fear, 50 raptures in packs!), and gameplay-wise (5aps). The amount of tedious unchallenging effort you have to keep repeating in this game is ridiculous... and if you aren't 5aps you might as well completely forget it. I'm so tired of people who complain about exp and levels, when the problem is grinding endlessly for gear not ****ing exp. But hey you wouldn't know that if you aren't 100+.

When you see a high level say "game is dead" because let's face it, that's where it comes from 99% of the time (others are just bandwagon jumpers), they refer to, you know, the high level stuff? Stuff that you probably haven't experienced? You call them stupid for whining about something you haven't even experienced? Dear god shut up please. Nobody called you stupid for enjoying the game until you get to 100. Enjoy your slow levelling only to be massively disappointed that you'll need 10x the time to farm even one nirvana piece, in a boring instance with 5aps people.

Or just open a pack you might just win a rapture chest and get halfway to first recast. b:bye
  • Arettarts - Raging Tide
    Arettarts - Raging Tide Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why the **** do low level people talk even? Not trying to sound arrogant, but the whole issue being addressed here is for high levels and the imbalance both effort-wise (packs ruined everything, why do you think they made nirvana pieces require 250 crystals per 2nd recast? have no fear, 50 raptures in packs!), and gameplay-wise (5aps). The amount of tedious unchallenging effort you have to keep repeating in this game is ridiculous... and if you aren't 5aps you might as well completely forget it. I'm so tired of people who complain about exp and levels, when the problem is grinding endlessly for gear not ****ing exp. But hey you wouldn't know that if you aren't 100+.

When you see a high level say "game is dead" because let's face it, that's where it comes from 99% of the time (others are just bandwagon jumpers), they refer to, you know, the high level stuff? Stuff that you probably haven't experienced? You call them stupid for whining about something you haven't even experienced? Dear god shut up please. Nobody called you stupid for enjoying the game until you get to 100. Enjoy your slow levelling only to be massively disappointed that you'll need 10x the time to farm even one nirvana piece, in a boring instance with 5aps people.

Or just open a pack you might just win a rapture chest and get halfway to first recast. b:bye

I can still enjoy grinding for my lunar gears with my friends BECAUSE I'm a poor college student that can't afford to spend money.
  • Manakel - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why the **** do low level people talk even? Not trying to sound arrogant,

Well you kinda failed at that.

Anyways, I get tired of people who are 100+ acting like god's gift to PW, and that no one under 95 has any place speaking about game issues- well, typing, but you get the idea. Level is not equal to experience. I've been playing since two months after the game came out. I had a 9x cleric on DW who I deleted when I moved to LC.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That wasn't my point. We say game is dead because the stuff that we talk about -- the high level stuff -- is what we complain about.

When you tell people they are idiots about something you probably haven't experienced, I mean seriously? We're talking about something that you probably aren't thinking of, how can you call someone an idiot or stupid if he is talking about something else?

I didn't mean you don't have to talk -- just don't call people names when you don't know what they are talking about -- because it's not what you think it is.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dunno why you both have "packs" and "5.0" as option. with no packs there wouldnt have been 5.0 aps either.

so by picking packs = both removed :P
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dunno why you both have "packs" and "5.0" as option. with no packs there wouldnt have been 5.0 aps either.

so by picking packs = both removed :P
    uhm yes there would be. Sins with fists would get it easily, just need TT99 set bonuses and some claws with -int, both farmable. I'm assuming rank top is no problem.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    5.0 was in the game from day 1 (at least on MY here it was 4.0 for all but archers)

nothing above realy breaks the game or creates a pvp imbalance at = gear

put up sins and i'll vote
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Manakel - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That wasn't my point. We say game is dead because the stuff that we talk about -- the high level stuff -- is what we complain about.

When you tell people they are idiots about something you probably haven't experienced, I mean seriously? We're talking about something that you probably aren't thinking of, how can you call someone an idiot or stupid if he is talking about something else?

I didn't mean you don't have to talk -- just don't call people names when you don't know what they are talking about -- because it's not what you think it is.

You poorly communicated then, sir. It's true that I haven't experienced "end game" as of yet- I've only read the guides and talked to those who have so that I know what to expect. I mean no insult, but you did come across as being snobbish. Endgame isn't an exclusive club- not anymore.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why the **** do low level people talk even?

Without wanting to attack you...
    Who tells you those *low levels* post on their highest chars?
    Maybe theyre like me, stick with the char they first posted on but have moved to a new main ingame a long time ago.. Cant judge by forum levels ^.~
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I picked packs, but tbh it would have to be TW changes for me personally.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jealous of 5.0?
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All of them and a lot more stuff not listed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't think it's only one factor. I believe it's the combination of packs, hyper noobs (who made people afraid to squad with random people), endless QQs, TW changes...

However, I don't see this negative atmosphere, that exists in the forums, in-game. Perhaps, some people went too far with their complaints here.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    uhm yes there would be. Sins with fists would get it easily, just need TT99 set bonuses and some claws with -int, both farmable. I'm assuming rank top is no problem.

before packs was no interval, that is the point rly.

neither pan gu or scroll of tome would be here with no packs
    lunar cape wouldnt either. no1 could rly go farm it. there wasnt a single lunar cape..

decides wouldnt be here either. simply took too much efford in old lunar and with it being harder.

TT100 fists. the red mat like never drop, only best luck tokens.

yes sins would be able get ok int, cos jsut need nirv dagger. but only like 4 cos no tome or cape..
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Where's the ignorant people option?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    before packs was no interval, that is the point rly.
    Huh? I just gave three examples of -interval that were here long before packs, at the start of the game, and have existed farmed in chinese servers for a long time... not my fault people here aren't doing it. Besides, you don't even need 5aps for epic damage, even lower than that makes you a lot more damaging than a class without using fists/claws/daggers.
    neither pan gu or scroll of tome would be here with no packs
    So? Did I say anthing about that?
    lunar cape wouldnt either. no1 could rly go farm it. there wasnt a single lunar cape..
    No one farms =/= interval is not in the game.

But...
    yes sins would be able get ok int, cos jsut need nirv dagger. but only like 4 cos no tome or cape..
    ...Nirvana, on the other hand, didn't even exist before the TB expansion. b:chuckle
  • NSAT - Lost City
    NSAT - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Huh? I just gave three examples of -interval that were here long before packs, at the start of the game, and have existed farmed in chinese servers for a long time... not my fault people here aren't doing it. Besides, you don't even need 5aps for epic damage, even lower than that makes you a lot more damaging than a class without using fists/claws/daggers.So? Did I say anthing about that?No one farms =/= interval is not in the game.

But......Nirvana, on the other hand, didn't even exist before the TB expansion. b:chuckle

dude r u reading what ur typing? yes, those 3 -int items have always been in game, but it got you nowhere near 5.0. w/o the cape, tome and packs that let people buy rank armor. average easily achievable aps would be much less than it is now. 5.0 wouldnt be even possible. 4.0 would be like the 5.0 now
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I picked non-of-the-above.

Losing the thrust of the community would be my number 1 choose.
    Not delivering on your words and making hollow promises.
    Or flame-outs caused by mods/gms making wrong chooses.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wheres the making 12 year olds run the staff team option? srsly >.>
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You get hypers with packs.
    You get 5.0 with packs...
    Yea..
    This.
    Packs World International