Anti Zen Spending Petition

Options
Aluraine - Sanctuary
Aluraine - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Twilight Temple (West)
This game has gotten so buggy now hardly anyone enjoys their time on here anymore; They need to fix the glitches, FIX the changes they have made that has Killed this game (TT3-*'s, the TWs, The Mirage give back on Decomp, Lunar Squad mode etc.) And FAST

This is NOT a petition of Oh we will stop playing until these fixes are made; this is a petition of we will NOT SPEND REAL CASH ON THIS GAME ANYMORE till they fix the game.

Dont buy a single pack, no costumes no nothing. These people have forgotten who they serve - THE PLAYERS. They are blinded by the mass amounts of cash this game has brought in for them and instead of focusing on what MADE THIS GAME SO FUN FOR US ALL they have been focusing on the FASTEST WAY TO DRAIN OUR WALLETS!

WITHOUT US THIS INTERNATIONAL GAME IS NOTHING!

SO! please Reply To this with your main screen name if you agree to not spend another dime on this game till they fix the **** that they have done to render this game into a cash guzzling glitch machine.

Hopefully with enough petitioners; they may just wake up and smell the coffee; especially when their paychecks start dropping.

(Update: Their core connect is even glitched; every time I update a petitioner and it saves it this screen pops up: No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".. LAME)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Petitioners:
Aluraine
No_Idea
Eskelvar
yal
Devilishy
ThorMighty
GreyAncient (aricain)
diamondsnroses
GreatGatsby
Roseary
_Lasair_
Nastassiya
Allilie
Cyrus_Khane
Zindane__
BeserkerBox
Xoria
Jennalicious
Post edited by Aluraine - Sanctuary on

Comments

• No__Idea - Sanctuary
    No__Idea - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i agree, some of the glitches are stupid and all they do is keep adding more tot he game instead of fixing the already existing mistakes

two aluraine didnt point out were the mini map and map glitches and the stupid rubberbanding from everywhere now

sign me up!!
  • Eskelvar - Sanctuary
    Eskelvar - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    She's right. I will not spend another time until it's fixed.
  • yal
    yal Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    From someone who had already "quit" (according to the developers) due to not being able to get anything good without spending real money, I completely agree. I honestly don't care about the prices, even though spending $50+ (the price of a decent game in and of itself) is ridiculous for a new mount sprite, I understand that the people working on the game need to be paid. But if they cannot fix what is broken and just keep adding more that is broken then I really don't see the point of paying their checks in order to play a game that I will eventually get frustrated with and really quit eventually if nothing gets fixed.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:surrender i really dont mean to burst your bubble- but there are many of us who dont spend real life cash :/ i have spent real life cash on this game before... but it was a long time ago xD you will soon realize that this game isnt worth putting cash into anymore anyways...

plus... for every person that signs this, there will be 100 more (new and old players) that will keep doin what they do cuz it is what makes them happy :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aluraine - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Attitudes like that are what kill changes; TRY; SERIOUSLY.
  • Devilishy - Sanctuary
    Devilishy - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't think that all people will stop buying but it's worth a try.
  • ThorMighty - Sanctuary
    ThorMighty - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I agree with you Aluraine even though I've stopped putting cash into this game already but they should at least fix the bugs just so we can have fun again like we used to. b:surrender
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not like spending money on a F2P game was ever a good idea. Things like this always happen.

Anyway, when looking from a company view, even if people would stop buying zen it wouldn't change anything. Developers know the game is essentially 5 years old, 4 years if you only count the F2P version. If the zen sales drop, they just think it's because the game is too old for people to actually care.

If they actually care, they'll just pull off some stupid tricks (make TT super easy, 2x the old TW pay and inflate the economy ruining the whole game) but it will be too late then.

I don't want my name on the list though; I'm a proud F2P player.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Strong_lies - Sanctuary
    Strong_lies - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:surrender i really dont mean to burst your bubble- but there are many of us who dont spend real life cash :/ i have spent real life cash on this game before... but it was a long time ago xD you will soon realize that this game isnt worth putting cash into anymore anyways...

plus... for every person that signs this, there will be 100 more (new and old players) that will keep doin what they do cuz it is what makes them happy :/

Same I spent on my veno which collects dust now. I do not spend any more due to lack of them fixing what has been broke for what seems like ages. Like what Mendolin said, you can "try" but there will always be new or even older players that sink RL money in to the game and they are content with the currents game conditions to do that, or just like to have really sweet gear...lol. Either way good luck. Kinda like winning the lottery, you can try but the chance at success is very low.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I can see your point Alu, and i think alot of people do too.
    I wished it were THAT easy.

But as a simple example is that for alot of people to play this game they depend on the income of their gold spending
    Their charms.
    Their CS items being sold in a catshop.

Just say for instance every playing on the game joins in this idea.
    people NOT buying from CS anymore means that the remaining CS items in catshop will go skyhigh in their costs.
    No more cheap tokens.

the reason these things are affordable now is because it's easily accesed through the casshop.

even IF we all stopped buying Gold, ingame items would become expensive because they turned rare.

Just my 2 cents and thoughts.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    99% of players probably never even visit the forums, if they even visit the site again after downloading the game it is to log in to go to the billing page. that is it. Any sort of petition here on the forum is reaching such a small (but vocal) percentage of the games members, PWE can happily ignore it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Aluraine - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Trust me with what Im going to do; they wont be able to ignore it; The petition isnt going to remain here its moving server to server; then Ticketing; Then so on n so forth

Rights are great, courts are better; Irony is sweet.

Dont take a hopeless attitude

Thats really just what they want.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    honey... i have no attitude when i speak lol, do you think that i have not felt the same about this game?

were you around when anniversary packs first came out- if you were then maybe you would understand and try to remember what happened. the game changed dramatically... i was in my 90s over a year ago... many people have fought and it is a losing battle

tons of people quit this game- this is a game after all, no one forces you to spend money :/ you have no lawsuit to file because you have accepted every term and agreement when you downloaded and created your account.

do i agree with what pwi does? no... but all i am trying to say... is you will burn out and end up quitting, why not just enjoy the game for what it is :/

i didnt want to argue with you but there my my 2 cents (not worth much)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I hope you realize that PWI isn't even responsible for fixing anything. This isn't even the main branch of the company that lies in China, nor is this their only game that has a cash shop in it. Good luck on your endeavors, but PWE can shut down PW completely at any time to their discretion and lay off their employees if they feel they aren't making enough money. They have other games to back up the money if one fails. Just stay positive and make the best out of what you can. PW CN made changes to address the concerns of varying eastern culture niches. PWI just follows suit with the adverse effects it may have ob a western culture and there's nothing much they can do about it.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Aluraine - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well once this petition goes around, the Ads Go up on Youtube etc, and courts eventually get involved even a chinese corperation knows when to "Fix" their product.
    And the chinese servers FIX their problems.
    THEY SHOULD HERE TOO.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    PWI doesn't have their own liscensed developer team. They get all their patches from PW CN. They should have their own game testing team though. But the problem is, I don't believe any of the testers have the legal right to modify any codes due to copyright laws... They have to go through a process to report bugs so the dev team in China get second hand information and deal with it. At the moment they probably have their hands full with the big release coming soon, so the reports may not be a huge priority for them. Try to be patient. ;)

• Aluraine - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sorry Dan, despite who you are I have to call serious BS on that they have to have a development team of some kind to make sure the translated codes do work period

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/cus_os.html#mgj

Also This petition is being sent to them to ensure it DOES get the attention it deserves

8th floor, Huakong Building, No. 1 Shangdi East Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100085, People's Republic of China
    Phone: (86 10) 5885-8555
    Fax: (86 10) 5885-1012
    Email: info@pwrd.com
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sorry Dan, despite who you are I have to call serious BS on that

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/cus_os.html#mgj

there is actually some truth to it if you read the state of the game- DQ prices thread in General Discussion :/ but meh.. who knows
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It doesn't matter who I am, nor am I one to take things personally; I'm just stating what I know. There's a difference between developers and testers... The people who test here don't change the coding. Debugging another person's code is a hell of a lot of work... we're talking hundreds of thousands of lines of coding. The average developer writes about 10 lines of correct code in 1 hour... Maintenance is always a big issue as the two most common errors are very hard to detect. Syntactical errors are the easy ones, the logical ones take hours to look into. :/

The only real legal changes PWI makes are descriptive translations... I don't believe they have the right to change PW-CN coding. I could be wrong about this, but I haven't been told otherwise with any proof yet.

• Itachikun - Lost City
    Itachikun - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well once this petition goes around, the Ads Go up on Youtube etc, and courts eventually get involved even a chinese corperation knows when to "Fix" their product.
    And the chinese servers FIX their problems.
    THEY SHOULD HERE TOO.

Not to burst your bubble or anything sweetheart, but good luck getting this to go to court. I work for the State's Attorney where I live and the judges I know would laugh at a trail such as this and ignore it, tbh. They can't do anything to make PWI stop and fix things that the players feel is wrong. They are giving you a game to play which is free to play by your choice. They are not forcing you to pay for anything, and because of that they don't HAVE to do anything.

I do agree what you are trying to get at, but it just won't work outside of this so called "Perfect World."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aricain
    aricain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This game has gotten so buggy now hardly anyone enjoys their time on here anymore; They need to fix the glitches, FIX the changes they have made that has Killed this game (TT3-*'s, the TWs, The Mirage give back on Decomp, Lunar Squad mode etc.) And FAST

This is NOT a petition of Oh we will stop playing until these fixes are made; this is a petition of we will NOT SPEND REAL CASH ON THIS GAME ANYMORE till they fix the game.

Dont buy a single pack, no costumes no nothing. These people have forgotten who they serve - THE PLAYERS. They are blinded by the mass amounts of cash this game has brought in for them and instead of focusing on what MADE THIS GAME SO FUN FOR US ALL they have been focusing on the FASTEST WAY TO DRAIN OUR WALLETS!

WITHOUT US THIS INTERNATIONAL GAME IS NOTHING!

SO! please Reply To this with your main screen name if you agree to not spend another dime on this game till they fix the **** that they have done to render this game into a cash guzzling glitch machine.

Hopefully with enough petitioners; they may just wake up and smell the coffee; especially when their paychecks start dropping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Petitioners:
    Aluraine
    No_Idea
    Eskelvar
    yal
    Devilishy
    ThorMighty
    I completely agree with you and with you 100%. No respect for the players what so ever anymore. I'm not giving them a single dime now I've had it. ~GreyAncient Heaven's Tear
  • diamondsnroses
    diamondsnroses Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i SIGN YOUR PETITION AND TOTALLY AGREE !!!! THEY HAVE MADE PLENTY OF MONEY YET ARE BLINDED BY THIER GREED FOR MORE!!ITS THE PLAYERS WHOM MADE THEM RICH NOW THEY SPIT US OUT LIKE OLD CHEWING TOBACCO (yuck) LOL b:cry
  • aricain
    aricain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not to burst your bubble or anything sweetheart, but good luck getting this to go to court. I work for the State's Attorney where I live and the judges I know would laugh at a trail such as this and ignore it, tbh. They can't do anything to make PWI stop and fix things that the players feel is wrong. They are giving you a game to play which is free to play by your choice. They are not forcing you to pay for anything, and because of that they don't HAVE to do anything.

I do agree what you are trying to get at, but it just won't work outside of this so called "Perfect World."

A good quote came to mind when I read that. Off Symphony of The Night. "The only way for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing." toss in the girls too and 'nuff said.
  • Aluraine - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well If you read the chinese site they want to get more shareholders;

I planned on doing anti-pwi advertisments to let people know the problems that really exist in this game; They want shareholders - shareholders want information - nuff said.

Despite those who sit there and go "oh nothing will happen" You guys Obviously have forgotten the fundimentals of Everything - Enough people Gripe about it something will happen; it just takes a nice list and some good reasons to make the changes.

Opinions are like @ssholes; everyone has them, and everyone thinks eachothers stinks. I rather sit here n make a Petition and try then sit on my *** n Q.Q about @ home.

I liked that quote aricain brought up: "The only way for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing." Its true.
  • prola
    prola Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just downloaded the game today. I don't want to have to pay for a game if its not going to be worth it. I'm down to pay for it though, but not all crazy. I probally won't ever go over 15$ a month. can anyone tell me if its required to pay past 80. I read somewhere you have to pay for stuff past 80 or you suck.
  • Aliure - Sanctuary
    Aliure - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    darn chinese people trying to take all our money
    "There is nothing worth your complete trust in this world other than yourself. The moment you lean on someone, you'll lose the strength to remain standing and when that person leaves, you'll end up hitting the ground."
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I would love not to get stuck in lag/slide/"landing on npc" hell anymore etc... but I am cleric, I need my MP food or Spirit charms really. I need it.
    Submit tickets.
  • GreatGatsby - Heavens Tear
    GreatGatsby - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ha nice, I do love defiance. Put my name down: GreatGatsby. After all, it is better to try and fail than to fail to try.
  • SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear
    SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Seriously, get over yourself. Its a damn video game. Stop playing and move on. That will make more of a difference than a "protest". PWRD is a huge company. Shareholders look at company performance, not at a bunch of young kids that just took Civics 101 and are now "protesting" their rights in a video game they volunteer to pay for.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I didn't spend zen anyway, I might as well sign up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]