I need help with my pea-sized brain

Options
ArchSaber - Sanctuary
ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Blademaster
I don't like to double spark anymore in duels since a lot of people now-a-days have learned how to kite fists. So I rather fistlock. But my problem is that my count is just really bad. And my stunlock combo just fails and im to lazy to think of a good one.

Help me stupid brain.
AP classes are a real butt pounding...
Post edited by ArchSaber - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you are confident people won't use stun immunity (this comes from MY forums WAY back, 2007 or 2008, just changed the skills to normal attack):

Drake's Bash -> auto attack -> Roar -> auto attack -> Aeolian -> auto attack if you don't lag -> Drake's Bash.

Using Drake's Bash first is risky though since you can miss a spark if someone resists it though. Using Roar first is better imo.

Using Bolt/Smack could be useful as well.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Always use roar first simply because it also has a 5 meter range on it; you won't have that running in place half second delay before you attack. If you're not confident in your accuracy, this is also the safest way to go - especially against high dex opponents (archers/sins) that have the evasion.

In the later stages, if you become demon; Roar never misses with a 1 second cooldown reduction and Drake bash stun duration becomes 7.5 seconds. No more need for Aoelian blade. :p
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    Veins - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Also important to note (even though you said this was for duels specifically), if you start with roar and you tick their charm some point after, you can use the much faster drake bash to keep them stunned and still maintain dealing damage. If their charm is ticked and you're trying to kill them, using roar kills a good three seconds of their ten second charm cooldown.
    :3
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Everyone that comes on BM forum regularly should have read Warmachine's BM guide by now. Just replace axes attacks for auto attack between the stuns, with the modification of Roar first, as people mentioned. You are almost always chasing in a fight and trying to chase someone down exact enough to use Bash is just.... yeah... I always start with Roar.

The tricky thing about fists lock is the counting as you mentioned, since axes lock combo is build in to time with skill casting time. If you really have problem counting accurately in your head, there might be a program/soundtrack or w/e online with seconds ticking and you can listen to something like that while fighting. I've thought about looking for something like that before but ever did bother to. It could get annoying quickly lol.
  • Weta - Dreamweaver
    Weta - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i'll keep this short it's about sparks where do i obtain them for my skills, like drake bash i have searched and searched and have asked other players but i get no clear cut answers can somebody point me in the right direction...Thanks
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    roar if you oponent has no blink skilll or faster stun or antistun (chan is long enough they can get it off if hotkeyed and leave you there frozen in cast for god damn ever) or your low on chi or your unable to get in bash range

bash if your happy with your acc and are close enough to get it off/have enough aps to negate the chi cost

ice should never ever be your opening stun this is to help you kill or to continue a lock that was badged/expeled/AD'd out of

smack can be used as a bridge/a finisher after lock

bolt for a non blink runner or to keep an oponent from dropingin the air or with bolshi to get close to those damn demon venos (hate hate hate)

(cannot spell it ever) blade is either a bridge a stop skill or a (omgsave my *** hope it works) skill

hell rush is my new fav toy on flyers (pole range = 5 meter stun that costs no chi)

hell mss...dont have it but will probly be good in pve
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Arettarts - Raging Tide
    Arettarts - Raging Tide Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i'll keep this short it's about sparks where do i obtain them for my skills, like drake bash i have searched and searched and have asked other players but i get no clear cut answers can somebody point me in the right direction...Thanks

You get sparks from building chi. 100 chi = 1 spark. You build chi by using buffs/using skills that require no chi/attacking normally.