sharding

Options
Triage_ - Archosaur
Triage_ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Cleric
Ok....so I have been told that clerics use a combination of garnet and citrines. Does the little bit of extra pdef help all that much? Or should you just go for hp and realize your squishy? I am almost L80 now I feel I don't get beat up too bad...my main is a pure archer so I am used to being squishy so I am careful.
Post edited by Triage_ - Archosaur on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I guess it would depends on what you hp are as well as mp.I am wanting to know this as well as I posted in the Vit thread.I was told to go with citrines but I thinking of garnet in top and leggings.i would put citrines in sleeves,boots,helmet and cape average or flawless.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • miyago
    miyago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Honestly, you need both. You need a good amount of hp and a good amount of pdef end game in order to be a good cleric. How you achieve this balance is up to you. Refining armor gives you HP. Refining Pdef ornaments gives you PDef. How you shard is up to you. Just make a goal of the amount of HP and pdef you want and get there by sharding and refining.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    common sharding pattterns are:

- Full Citrines (HP) shards on armor, robe and ornaments.
    - Citrines (HP) shards on armor & robe, Garnet (phys res) on ornaments.
    - Citrines (HP) shards on armor, Garnet (phys res) shards on ornaments & robe.

All works fine with full mag & hybrid builds.The first works better with phys res ornaments rather mag res or evasion ornaments.

Tho mix n' match shards can be done, but most ppl prefer hp sharded armor when buying.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i think what you need is to be able to survive things. you can achieve it by taking less damage from hits, by having lots of hp, or by combination of the two. you pick which you prefer (pwicalc may help a little with chosing)
    i have sharded mostly garnets (armor) with some citrines added (cape and hat), and with my own buff and bm's bell i have almost 6k pdef (not counting 10 sec bonuses) and with barb buff its almost 7k hp. both dont seem like much, but together they mean i can solo heal sot or abaddon, where bossess have physical aoe (and interrupt so i dont bb for them). i can also be either main or secondary cleric for belial despite having such low hp...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    common sharding pattterns are:

- Full Citrines (HP) shards on armor, robe and ornaments.
    - Citrines (HP) shards on armor & robe, Garnet (phys res) on ornaments.
    - Citrines (HP) shards on armor, Garnet (phys res) shards on ornaments & robe.

All works fine with full mag & hybrid builds.The first works better with phys res ornaments rather mag res or evasion ornaments.

Tho mix n' match shards can be done, but most ppl prefer hp sharded armor when buying.

huh? you cannot shard ornaments :S
    also, it doesnt really matter where you put the shards..
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For most content 7x-8x-and early 9x you will need around 4.5k HP buffed, the rest in pdef. usually 3k buffed pdef

I couldn't tell you how to achieve that without first you telling us your build, and gear ability.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    huh? you cannot shard ornaments :S
    also, it doesnt really matter where you put the shards..

my bad. I always confuse headgear and hats with ornaments. b:surrender

when I said ornaments, I meant headgear.

and yes, where you put the shards is doesn't really matters. But so far I've seen, armor sharded with HP only shards (+40 ad/or +50 HP shards) are more wanted, and therefore they get higher bids on AH compared to a same gear with mixed shards or phys res only.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    my bad. I always confuse headgear and hats with ornaments. b:surrender

when I said ornaments, I meant headgear.

and yes, where you put the shards is doesn't really matters. But so far I've seen, armor sharded with HP only shards (+40 ad/or +50 HP shards) are more wanted, and therefore they get higher bids on AH compared to a same gear with mixed shards or phys res only.

oh, headgear XD
    yup, i think most ppl shard citrines in the "main" armor.
    mixed shards in armor is a very bad idea since it ruins the glow effect and therefore significantly lowers the price. moreover, if there are different shards (even different grade) you cant replace some of them (since you cant choose which shard to remove).
    oh, and i noticed that citrines are slightly more expensive in the AH than garnets since the demand is greater
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you have the money/inv space, you can always have extra gear with different shards in it, for different situations. My HH90 is all citrines to give me the extra HP for when I'm either PvEing or facing magic users in PvP. Then I have a pair of green Frost boots and an OHT wrist (with 2 +pdef adds) specifically for when I need pdef, and they are sharded with the garnets. When I put those on I lose 400hp or so, but I gain over a thousand pdef. That way I have different gear for different situations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    +7 armour refines for everything and all garnet shards :D
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave