End Game Sharding

Options
Traz - Dreamweaver
Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
So for an Assassin what would you consider a better set up for sharding? I have specifically been racking my brain about my sin. I have two builds set up and I'm not sure which would be better.

1st Build: Using all +10 Vit Stones in all the end game gear (+10 refines) and sticking with the G13 daggers.

2nd Build: Using all attack shards in all end game gear (+10 refine) and trying to bump up my daggers to G15 with a sac strike and -int. Yes, I would have rank 8 (just to clarify). This is some SERIOUS damage but the HP might be to low.

3rd Build: Using a mix of +10 Vit Stones and attack shards, maybe even jades?, and so that the sin have more damage, but doesn't cut his survivability to much. Probably stick with G13 daggers but who knows maybe bump them up eventually?

Assuming I had the coin to do either one, what you think you should go with, and why?

Do you consider this a good option for other classes?

What else would you think could be a better set up?
BladedZero - Sanctuary
"Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
Post edited by Traz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle Try the 'Sin forum?

I'd go for spike damage personally... But, I've never run a char up that high before, and my 'sin is only level 21. b:laugh So, I'm as interested in this as you are, most likely.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    neither, spend your credit card on a college education, and not on pixels that will be gone in a few years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So for an Assassin what would you consider a better set up for sharding? I have specifically been racking my brain about my sin. I have two builds set up and I'm not sure which would be better.

1st Build: Using all +10 Vit Stones in all the end game gear (+10 refines) and sticking with the G13 daggers.

2nd Build: Using all attack shards in all end game gear (+10 refine) and trying to bump up my daggers to G15 with a sac strike and -int. Yes, I would have rank 8 (just to clarify). This is some SERIOUS damage but the HP might be to low.

3rd Build: Using a mix of +10 Vit Stones and attack shards, maybe even jades?, and so that the sin have more damage, but doesn't cut his survivability to much. Probably stick with G13 daggers but who knows maybe bump them up eventually?

Assuming I had the coin to do either one, what you think you should go with, and why?

Do you consider this a good option for other classes?

What else would you think could be a better set up?
    A sin is suppose to sneak in silently and **** them in the mouth... Go for attack.

I vote option 2.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    neither, spend your credit card on a college education, and not on pixels that will be gone in a few years.

Yeah or better yet this!
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle Try the 'Sin forum?

I'd go for spike damage personally... But, I've never run a char up that high before, and my 'sin is only level 21. b:laugh So, I'm as interested in this as you are, most likely.

Kinda applies to any DD class. It's mainly a discussion on what might be best, and how to balance more damage vs. survivability.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yes, option 2 seems best. A sin will never need the HP anyway, if a 5 APS tanks it is always the BM cuz of his HA. And in PvP you will always sneak up and:

1. own them

2. run

So having full attack would be best i think, you would run less times =).
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options

I have one, which is why I can afford this game and you can't. kthxbye b:bye
    Yes, option 2 seems best. A sin will never need the HP anyway, if a 5 APS tanks it is always the BM cuz of his HA. And in PvP you will always sneak up and:

1. own them

2. run

So having full attack would be best i think, you would run less times =).

+10s a sin can h ave about 11k HP with full atk shards 81 atk lvls. Problem is mainly getting the rank 8 and the G15 with a -int and sac strike.

Problem is I don't really pk (but I might think about it) so atk to nuke seems silly when my main focus will be for PVE isntances. My sin probably wont be able to always tank 3-3 as easily with less hp though so it's a fine balance. :x
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have one, which is why I can afford this game and you can't. kthxbye b:bye

+10s a sin can h ave about 11k HP with full atk shards 81 atk lvls. Problem is mainly getting the rank 8 and the G15 with a -int and sac strike.

Problem is I don't really pk (but I might think about it) so atk to nuke seems silly when my main focus will be for PVE isntances. My sin probably wont be able to always tank 3-3 as easily with less hp though so it's a fine balance. :x

If by having one, you mean being in debt, then yes you've completely outsourced anyone. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have one, which is why I can afford this game and you can't. kthxbye
    w0w, i feel so insulted by that witty, well thought out, college educated response. did your professor teach you that one? stupid assumption is stupid, try again, kitty. maybe you can buy yourself a book of cliche retorts with your college funded income.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If by having one, you mean being in debt, then yes you've completely outsourced anyone. b:bye

Anyone who goes to college has/is/will be in debt b:laugh. But for some who get lucky and do find a good job with the crappy market that's out there, it's def fun. b:pleased

Hmmmm i'm starting to think that jades might give me more survivability then vit stones hmmmm.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    >.> Neither option! Hitpoints and attack can be debuffed. Shard with jades of steady defense to have lots of defense levels
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    >.> Neither option! Hitpoints and attack can be debuffed. Shard with jades of steady defense to have lots of defense levels

I just started to think that, but even though they can be debuffed i'm thinking you still need a good amount of HP to begin with then go jade. I think a good balance of vit stones and jades might be the way to go.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Also,Traz, what are the odds of getting -.05 and sac strike on G15 daggers? I can refer you to Skippy's thread, where he's at 50-odd reforges and still no god of frenzy. Just some food for thought
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Also,Traz, what are the odds of getting -.05 and sac strike on G15 daggers? I can refer you to Skippy's thread, where he's at 50-odd reforges and still no god of frenzy. Just some food for thought

I know, that would be the very last thing I'd ever need if I really wanted to try it. I know AznAssasin got soul shatter, -.1 int, +350hp on his G15 bow first time (lucky bass **** b:shutup). Like I said who knows what will happen. It may take 50 times, or the person can get lucky on the first try. b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm a 5.0 Sin i tank TT 3-3 with 1 cleric.
    I can pretty much solo anything in the game when buffed
    I'm full DoT build. with 8.6k hp buffed.
    Refined +7-10 gear Int nirvana daggers. (+10 atm working towards +12)
    I lack Mdef but i make up with it in dmg.
    PvP wise... i can take out a full 6 man squad in pvp like im walkin thru the park.
    PvE wise... I can Tank about everything thanks to my BloodPaint. ↑Dmg means more health.
    Also... for pvp i can kill a charmed barb thru invoke if that helps b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm a 5.0 Sin i tank TT 3-3 with 1 cleric.
    I can pretty much solo anything in the game when buffed
    I'm full DoT build. with 8.6k hp buffed.
    Refined +7-10 gear Int nirvana daggers. (+10 atm working towards +12)
    I lack Mdef but i make up with it in dmg.
    PvP wise... i can take out a full 6 man squad in pvp like im walkin thru the park.
    PvE wise... I can Tank about everything thanks to my BloodPaint. ↑Dmg means more health.
    Also... for pvp i can kill a charmed barb thru invoke if that helps b:bye

I like hearing this thank you. I was going to be more PvE wise to generating coin and was wondering if it was possible to still do 3-3 with DoT and that low of HP. My daggers are +10 atm, and I was wondering how it would go with refines like yours and no extra HP shards. I might just go with full DoT.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just started to think that, but even though they can be debuffed i'm thinking you still need a good amount of HP to begin with then go jade. I think a good balance of vit stones and jades might be the way to go.

If you're going to refine your armor to + 10 then you should have sufficient hp
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you're going to refine your armor to + 10 then you should have sufficient hp

wont be at first, at most +6 to start so i'll still be more squishy then I prefer.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary