Roar Skill

BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Barbarian
Hi guys

I used Roar today in a BH51 on a group of 3 mobs,Cleric started to heal me and she got all 3 on her.....uhm O_O what?

(Roar lv.5)
The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
Post edited by BerserkBeast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    roar is used to reset aggro onto you. but if someone else attakcs/heals before the mobs hit you they will take the brunt of their wrath. so unless you follow it up by attacking the mobs, the heal will pull agro.

the cleric should have pause for a second till you actually got a hit on on the mobs. single hit would have done it so the heal didnt pull agro i believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Oh and what skill should I use to attack em all without single-attacking?,Surf Impact isn't that wide effect of skill
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Surf impact is what I use. Just reposition yourself so they're a little closer and you can get them all. Or you can just Sunder, say you get 2 out of the three, you can just single attack or flesh ream the remaining one.

Depending on the amount of the mobs you can also use Sunder which has the wider range, the bleed damage but costs 2 sparks.
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Run grab a group of mobs, ROAR and then Sunder. Pretty much the only way this will work at your level. Depending on your HP you could ROAR and then pop to human and start aoeing, but that depends on your HP and Physical Attack and then just pop back to tiger.

Remember Bestial Rage, Sunder, and Zerk Axes are your best friend.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Thanks all for your tips b:thanks b:bye
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    frighten first, then sunder, then roar. Surf impact doesn't hit all mobs (sometimes).
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    frighten first, then sunder, then roar. Surf impact doesn't hit all mobs (sometimes).

If you did this combo, it would go like this:

Build some agro--->build some agro--->reset the agro (back to square one)

You would want to drop at least the sunder after the roar if your goal is to build extra agro. Everything you used to build agro before roar is thrown out the window once your agro is reset by the roar.
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I use either roar or Alpha Male (genie skill) to gain agro from mobs around me. Then, if surf impact won't hit all the mobs, I just ream all of them repeatedly. Using frighten and other skills in between helps to build agro and chi as well.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    from my experience in 51, i almost never had chi for sunder due to never having venos around -- so scratch that off the list of possibilities unless you plan to spam buffs before each group of 3...

What I would do is Frighten up front and that was, from my experience, enough to prevent heal aggro - I'd follow up with a surf impact once they all gathered round me (with the exception of the ranged mobs) for good measure. then i would hop between them all with FR (since the DD's all wanted to use AoE's or else all be attacking a different mob).

On groups of ranged mobs I'd tell the squad "target X mob priority 1" then I would go whack each mob in turn, the last being the one I called priority on - and I would ream it till it died, then go to the next mob and repeat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Gromskull - Harshlands
    Gromskull - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Roar skill resets the threat level generated by other players on mob/mobs and gives it to you at a certaint number. Now, from what i noticed a lvl 10 roar gives you the threat lvl equivalent to dealing 10k dmg on each mob. I'm saying this cause 1 bm aoe doesn't steal agro. 1 wizz bids does :P
    One single heal from cleric doesn't steal agro unless he heales a bit be4 roar. Maybe you were intrerupted
  • Gromskull - Harshlands
    Gromskull - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Roar skill resets the threat level generated by other players on mob/mobs and gives it to you at a certaint number. Now, from what i noticed a lvl 10 roar gives you the threat lvl equivalent to dealing 10k dmg on each mob. I'm saying this cause 1 bm aoe doesn't steal agro. 1 wizz bids does :P
    One single heal from cleric doesn't steal agro unless he heales a bit be4 roar. Maybe you were intrerupted
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm a bit surprised HippiePanda mentioned the skills in that order, because that's a gross error.
  • Pint - Dreamweaver
    Pint - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    A lot of those suggestions seem to be very helpful I would think. One more thing I would add is simply this

Use the one ability we have and no one else does, and thats our speed. Get out infront of the squad and get to the mobs ahead of the squad. This gives you the time needed to get aggro on each, with simply hiting maybe one ae if you want or a FR on each. This is what I found to work the best, but ofcrouse you need to make sure your hp can handle the cleric out of range for a short time. If it can, then you could get to the mobs and use 2-3 skills easily before squad catch's up.

Just a thought

Pint
  • Stressss - Sanctuary
    Stressss - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Next time if you wanna use roar then wait before they attack the cleric if you see that the mobs are attacking the cleric, then you use roar they will come to you, many mobs see cleric healing like aggro taking skill.
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm a bit surprised HippiePanda mentioned the skills in that order, because that's a gross error.

This order is necessary when you have wizards/Venos in your squad with +10 Nirvana weapons. You cant hold aggro just with sunder and surf impact, your aggro is over within seconds.
    1. Frighten to get aggro befor cleric (BB) becomes attacked, reduce mobs damage
    2: Sunder to damage ALL mobs surrounding you, increase your HP recovery rate
    3. Use roar to reset aggro again
    4. Surf impact: Damage mobs again (to hit all mobs run infront of them)

Now you can choose between switch to human form (swell, slam) or start reaming single mobs. I say it depends how many mobs are around you.

Well you if you like you can use roar first and see your cleric dieing b:laugh