And there I was

Azzazin - Dreamweaver
Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
And there I was tanking the sorcoress in TT 3-2. The night was growing late, and I felt a small breeze tickle the back of my neck. Too cold. I quickly jumped off my chair and closed the window another inch, and flicked on the heater by my feet. Much better now.

I glanced at the boss again as I once again pressed the triple spark hotkey. Seemed like I had pressed that key a thousand times today. 1 million hp left, just a couple more sparks then time to move. I yawned.

To my left, a blue bar advanced up to full again. The cleric accompanying me on my TT run was a new acquaintance, but so far she was proving to be very reliable. Every second spark like clockwork she debuffed with tangling mire, not stingy with her genie. I liked that. Good with her mana too, never let BB drop.

Two sparks later, I got ready for my once-a-minute combo. A triple spark, wolf emblem buff, plus tangling mire and frenzy on genie. By now timing frenzy was something I could do in my sleep, just wait till after the boss does its magic attack, easy. A flicker of green text brushed past my eyes, but I didn't notice it until a moment later. I read it.

"Uh oh". It said.

A post from the forums 'Things you don't want to hear a cleric say' passed through my mind, and suddenly I shivered again. I wasn't cold though. 'What's wrong' I said. "Out of mana pots". I took a look at her mana. 2000 left, not good. Took a look at boss, 400k left. Nooot good.

"Don't worry Azz, I have an idea. Trust me". I was dubious, BB was going to drop in half a minute. Without BB I would suddenly be vulnerable to a 2 shot combo. I buffed up with deaden nerves and triple sparked once again.

As BB dropped, so did my hp: boss had 120k hp left. With a cringe I pressed triple spark for what might be the last time (for me or the boss) and prayed a silent prayer.

The boss hit me... once... twice... and then...

*Hallelujah!* A golden light, as though sent from the heavens above enveloped my body, making me impervious to the devices of the boss before me. I smite thee with the golden light! I cried. No, not really. But I realized that my cleric must have absolute domain on genie, and for that I was very happy.

Only, I was even more happy when the boss died.

A gold mat can make one very forgiving of mistakes!

Thank you, cleric!

-Azzazin

Edit; Almost forgot: This story is dedicated to Dsholder, the first person I told it to. When he heard it, he told me I should write about it here, and so I have. Enjoy :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
Post edited by Azzazin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lol cool story bro :P
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    inb4freshprinceofbelair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    At what level did you pick up 'advanced writing' skill? :p And can I learn it? b:chuckle

Very good though. I loled at the end. b:thanks
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It actually is a good story. b:thanks

Don't let the pseudos get you down, a good writer should to cultivate the basic stapples even if they do comme off as cliches.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lol no i actually mean it cool story i would of personally prob hit holy path and get meh **** out of there asap XD
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So I assume what you are saying is that AD is gud.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    cool story
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I dont see this at the end:

(cleric) acquired Sorceress's Soul
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Point of view from cleric:

The assassin was ambitious is killing Minister and so was I, when minister told us that all of Perfect World would belong to him. At the very instance of his words I too felt a cool breeze, as if the breathing of Minister hath come into our realm, the real world. I pressed my last hot key for mp food when I realized that the icon disappeared. I feared tragedy awaited as Minister was still strong standing with 400k health, but I didn't underestimate the assassin that I was trying to keep alive. With the last bit of hope and fear, my genie came to the rescue and I activated absolute domain to keep my fellow companion alive to complete the assassination of the ultimate evil, Minister. As minister dropped, so did a gold mat, which made our valiant effort all the much more enjoyable.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think the gold mat should go to the genie, who saved the day...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level