PK Item drop timer

Okeano - Harshlands
Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Suggestion Box
FFS seriously how hard is it to put a 30 seconds timer on PK drops!!!!????!!!one!!1!!! And YES I'm the first person that thought of this. I could be 30 mil richer right now but nooooo his squad mate stunned me and picked them up. b:angryb:beatupb:infuriatedb:beatenup
Post edited by Okeano - Harshlands on

Comments

• Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm sorry for your loss. :(
    On the bright side...
    wait there is no bright side is there? b:bored
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    *edited*
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    FFS seriously how hard is it to put a 30 seconds timer on PK drops!!!!????!!!one!!1!!! And YES I'm the first person that thought of this. I could be 30 mil richer right now but nooooo his squad mate stunned me and picked them up. b:angryb:beatupb:infuriatedb:beatenup

um becuase its not YOUR drop.
    its THIER item and if there was a 30 second timer with a sqaud it should be that only thier sqaud members can pick it up for those first 30 seconds.

cry more u thieving ****
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    its THIER item and if there was a 30 second timer with a sqaud it should be that only thier sqaud members can pick it up for those first 30 seconds.

cry more u thieving ****

Uhhh I killed him so it's MY drop DUH? Like the same thing with mobs? Look, I was on DW where ppl returned PK drops, but that's not how it works on PvP server.
  • Cun - Lost City
    edited October 2010

cry more u thieving ****

I believe items dropped from pvp don't have a 30sec timer. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010

cry more u thieving ****

Why wouldn't it be his drop if he PKed the idiot that dropped it? What is the point of having an item dropping feature in PK if your teammates can just pick up the junk you drop? Did you even think before you posted?
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010

cry more u thieving ****

He pk'd it, not pickpocketed it...

if someone you pk drops something, you have the right to pick up the spoils. Period.
  • Yukibi - Heavens Tear
    Yukibi - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    to do such a thing would take weeks of recoding to make the system recognize a pk player as a "mob", not to mention the maintenance required to implement it... and the thousands of glitches added to it...
    Enrage and Proud.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Or just copy the code from mob drops and make it apply to all drops?
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2010

cry more u thieving ****

That's three posts in a row, i think we might have found the yulk of the barb world. b:dirty
  • Cun - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    That's three posts in a row, i think we might have found the yulk of the barb world. b:dirty

Or Yulk himself? :\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Or Yulk himself? :\

Impossible, chars over 60 are too OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Or just copy the code from mob drops and make it apply to all drops?

and now i guess you are going to say that you have 10 years or programming experience in your parent's basement and then another 20 years of experience programming games... and thats how you know copy and paste would work. LOL
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I was a step away from picking up a warsong belt in pk, but someone stunned and his squad member picked it up and returned it, I feel your pain DD T____________T
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Sakuba - Harshlands
    Sakuba - Harshlands Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What got dropped by whom anyways?
    But I agree,they should give longer pick-up time, if someone else attacks u rightthen as well no time to pick up...which sucks.
    And everything you gave me...vanished without a trace.

Royal Duelists.

Sakuba...merged together in the shadows with SilentPain, a dark rose was born.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    who cares, its just a drop. use maze steps next time if you really wanted that drop badly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm an archer and if I did my job right I'm not close enough to the drop to pick it up anyways so I don't really care.
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Me feel the OP's pain.. Fuzzy pk'd a wizi the other week who happened to drop his cube neck. Sadly me had perhaps had one too many "wobbly pops" to notice. A blue name standing next to Fuzzy managed to snap it up. Oh well.

It would be interesting to have a drop timer, but meh, not as if Fuzzy pk for drops, it purely for entertainment. Loosing a drop is frustrating, but so is finishing a Lunar or 3-3 and not getting a gold mat. Its just all part of the game.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psychosiss - Heavens Tear
    Psychosiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited October 2010

guess u wasnt fast enought QQ

imo its fine as it is. there doesn't need to be a 30 second timer. 5 or 10 seconds at the most is good enought if u must have one. 30 seconds is being to greedy.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    and now i guess you are going to say that you have 10 years or programming experience in your parent's basement and then another 20 years of experience programming games... and thats how you know copy and paste would work. LOL
    They ALREADY got the timer on mirages you drop from shatter. HOW MUCH HARDER would you think to apply that to drops too?
    who cares, its just a drop. use maze steps next time if you really wanted that drop badly.
    I was on BM and was against 2 so wasn't exactly a 10 second battle like on Sin. Will of B was on c/d.

guess u wasnt fast enought QQ

imo its fine as it is. there doesn't need to be a 30 second timer. 5 or 10 seconds at the most is good enought if u must have one. 30 seconds is being to greedy.
    Well, idk how much "faster" I can be, I was right next to both of them and my Roar and anti stun were all on c/d, and the BM stun me.

By the f***ing way, since when did TE stop preventing you from stunned? WTF happened to its anti stun feature?
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    there shud prob be a 30 second timer on the drop between the person that droped the item and his squad, and the person that killed the guy that droped the item and his squad, mainly so squad members can save the guys drop, or assist taking it, so no random person can just pass by and nab it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    They should make it so items should never drop upon death.

There, I said it. ;]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    They should make it so items should never drop upon death.

There, I said it. ;]

Stupid Carebear, get out of this manly-man thread.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    Better yet, no one should die. When a player gets to 1 hp, they automatically use an apologize emote and auto teleports to the nearest town.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    volst wrote: »
    Better yet, no one should die. When a player gets to 1 hp, they automatically use an apologize emote and auto teleports to the nearest town.

And the killer gets a nice Hallmark card in their mailbox with some stupid pun like "I'm beary sorry" and a picture of a sad looking bear.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, think about it like this, if you beat up a person on the street and there are others next to you there's nothing to stop them from picking up the poor guy's stuff if they are faster than you. xD
    Well, unless you could then PK the ones who picked the stuff in order to get them back. That'd be pretty awesome. In game obviously. ^^
    But it can be done, there was another MMO that did that. When someone PK-ed a red/black name the items went automatically to *ahem*, the 'killer'. ^^

@Miugre: LOL, that's why PvE servers exist. =P

People have the right to enjoy fighting other players too. And I absolutely enjoyed it in my previous MMO. I mean sure, I lost my stuff when my idiot friend went PK-ing with my gear and died, but still, hunting red and black names was one of my favorite past time while playing it. It is a risk but you know how it is, you can't gain anything without risking your own skin. xD

But if you mean not dropping your items even if you die as red/black name then it would absolutely suck. It happened in ehh, that other mmo and many people quit since the PK-ers locked their items and so hunting them down and PK-ing them lost its fun, who would bother when there's nothing to gain?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Well, think about it like this, if you beat up a person on the street and there are others next to you there's nothing to stop them from picking up the poor guy's stuff if they are faster than you. xD
    Well, unless you could then PK the ones who picked the stuff in order to get them back. That'd be pretty awesome. In game obviously. ^^
    But it can be done, there was another MMO that did that. When someone PK-ed a red/black name the items went automatically to *ahem*, the 'killer'. ^^

Well, think about it like this, if you beat up a a giant 7 feet long bug in the forest and there are others next to you there's nothing to stop them from picking up the poor bug's guts if they are faster than you. xD

Point made b:bye.
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited October 2010

If you drag and drop an item from inventory, there is a timer. If you shatter and drop mirages, there is a timer. If a mob drops an item, there is a timer. The question begs to be asked, what makes you think it would take months of 8 hour days of coding to implement this feature to items that drop upon death?
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ***, that's terrible!

Surely, if PWI cared about it's players, it would fix this ridiculous situation! I mean seriously - you worked hard for that gear and *&^%$&^$#......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So sorry - I just couldn't do it! It's impossible to keep a straight face while trying to feel sorry for ya!

<gasps for breath>

RedMenace

\you went red-named, you chucklehead
    \\easily bet $10k you laughed at plenty of people *you* PK'd when they complained
    \\\Karma 's a bytch, ain't it
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Stupid Carebear, get out of this manly-man thread.
    Real men don't QQ. b:bye