genie skill help please

swiiftshadow
swiiftshadow Posts: 1
edited October 2010 in Wizard
i dont know what skill to leave out atm...

atm i am thinking

Spark - with 100 dex u can make enemies fire resistance 0..... that should make my damage with fire skyrocket

Extreme poison with 100 dex for 16 seconds more damage on enemy 20% ... sounds good as well

Frenzy- incresses atk level by 20 (even though i have no idea what that 20 means... 20 more damage? ) and Reduces Defense and Resistance by 100% gear value
if i get 25 vit in total... castin frenzy and extreme poison sounds pretty high damage....with little regeneration after that spark to...

Seal - with 100 dex has 65% to silence enemy for 5 seconds... that buys enough time for like a Black ice dragon... sounds awesome to me :O

Holy path - with 100 dex gives me massive speed boost for 7 seconds... sounds like an epic escape skill....

notice my aim is to get 100 dex
and all i kinda stated is from theory and what i heard on forums...
i know i can only have 4 skills... so what should be left out

also doesi t matter what genie i got? i mean... if i get the genie that starts with 15 dex... does that mean it will get to go 55 dex before it has to use 2 stat points per level? (i just like the blue one more... so can i keep that ? xD)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Seal is only for untamed/winged elf, so you can cross that off your list right away.

As for a 100 dex genie, I think thats fine and dandy.. if you have a genie with good lucky points. I personally think every wiz should have at least faith or domain on their genie if they are planning on any type of pvp. I also think that have an anti stun skill like fortify or badge of courage is a must, although I know some people try to use expel instead. You are probably going to want at least 1 amp (extreme poison/frenzy/spark.. I got all 3 xD), and fill the rest of the slots with skills like holy path/windforce/cloud eruption. There are a few other off the wall genie skills that can work, but these are the main ones.

Anyway, I think the survival/kiting skills come before anything being that you will be stuck in a never ending stun lock without them. Before genies a stun lock was a pain, but with occult.. you need some way to counter it imo. If you are planning on just a 4 skill genie, I'd suggest a vit/mag genie with domain/fortify/amp/random skill. If you are going to go for a high LP genie (like say 71+ LP genie) you can go ahead and add in a bunch of dex for the more useful skills. My current genie is 88/100. I have wind force, holy path, fortify, domain, frenzy, extreme poison, and spark. I have 3 str, 74 base dex (w/ genie gear I'll have 90 dex), 59 base vit and 45 base magic.

And ya, if you have a genie with 15 base dex you can get up to 55 dex b4 you need 2 points per level.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • SwiftShadows - Dreamweaver
    SwiftShadows - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2010

And ya, if you have a genie with 15 base dex you can get up to 55 dex b4 you need 2 points per level.

so i if i want to get a high dex one i should get the Longevity genie instead? but Discipline looks way cooler Q_Q

and how am i suppose to get a genie to get high LPs?
  • miyago
    miyago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    so i if i want to get a high dex one i should get the Longevity genie instead? but Discipline looks way cooler Q_Q

and how am i suppose to get a genie to get high LPs?

All genies are the same b/c you can re-allocate your points using Origination Order. Keep the Discipline one if you want.

To get a genie with high LPs, it's purely based on luck. That's why many people tend to spend a lot of their exp and sp on feeding genies, hoping to get a good one.
This discussion has been closed.