Soo are archers good

_FarShot_ - Harshlands
_FarShot_ - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Archer
So i started this archer currently lvl 23 and i havent been playing for a while so i wanted to know if archer was a good endgame class pvp and pve wise cause so far im liking it alot.
Post edited by _FarShot_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    they're enjoyable to play for the fact theyre so different from every other class. they arent masters of damage so much anymore, but they still are the gods of group pvp, and AOE damage amongst the classes. nothing owns end game instances like barrage of arrows, your 59 skill o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • _FarShot_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    ok but what would be better archer or BM for pvp/pve?
  • Doodlesmoosh - Heavens Tear
    Doodlesmoosh - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Both?
    PVE: Both can achieve high APS, archer can achieve 5 APS cheaper than a BM, but you do about about ~20% less damage overall, due to the low amount of str.

PVP: Damage wise, archer. Crowd control, Blademaster. Archer would win this one though, since a BM usually can only kill efficiently with fists or using HF + a genie skill, but archers can still hit hard from a long range. Unlike BM, you see them coming from a mile away.

In the end it's personal preference, I have both a BM and archer. They're both fun, biggest difference is Archer dies in 2 hits, BM dies in 20 hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    PVE: Both can achieve high APS, archer can achieve 5 APS cheaper than a BM, but you do about about ~20% less damage overall, due to the low amount of str.
    be specific, this is with fists/claws, that isnt what an archer is about. with a bow, we get mediocre attack speed.
    In the end it's personal preference, I have both a BM and archer. They're both fun, biggest difference is Archer dies in 2 hits, BM dies in 20 hits.
    this is pretty inaccurate too, we have a number of survival skills, evasion, and can take a few more than 2 hits. we arent casters :P.

i dont think this was a BM vs archer debate thread, theres another thread about that a few more down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    They are rather fun at higher levels, but they get killed a lot. I quit archers because i think blademasters are more fun. Now i have more attack power then my archer ever did.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • _FarShot_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    ya i decided to stick with archer cuz they are awesome might start a bm next or barbb:chuckle
  • Linkmas - Sanctuary
    Linkmas - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:angry b:angry
    i think u guys are still underestimating archers
    1st= u cant kill an archer with 2 hits
    2nd= we r still the masters of dammage
    3=if u think a bm can out dammage an archer = u fail b:laugh
    b:bye
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Personally, I think that I am good?

(Though I am far from the best. And, I found a "new" way to die yesterday.)
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Everything about this is wrong:

1) You can kill an archer with 1 hit
    2) Archers arent the masters of damage:

Any spell caster deals more damage per hit than an archer.
    BM's and Sin's will out damage an archer by far.

3) BM's + 5 APS + fist mastery + more STR >>>> Archers.
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Everything about this is wrong:

1) You can kill an archer with 1 hit

I still think if you play your char properly you cant get killed in 1 hit, or maybe you can on lower levels , but once you reach a high level and get decent gear there are many ways to avoid that 1 hit. proper time for proper skills b:avoid
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I still think if you play your char properly you cant get killed in 1 hit, or maybe you can on lower levels , but once you reach a high level and get decent gear there are many ways to avoid that 1 hit. proper time for proper skills b:avoid

Stand there waiting the AD to go off -> Arma zerk crit.

b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2010

You've obviously never met +12 mages, or anyone with any degree of PvP skill.

1) Wait until wings of grace cast is over, then 1 shot.

2) Wait until spark cast is over, then 1 shot.

3) Wait until 12 second invincibility is over, then 1 shot.

4) Wait until Winged Shell is over, then 1 shot.

Really? Was that too hard to do?
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited October 2010

You've obviously never PvP'd against an archer before.

1) wings of grace is hardly ever used to resist. it is, but most of the time its used for anti stun.
    2) most of the time, same is the case with spark.
    3) yes, lets wait 12 seconds... in which an archer can kill me easily.... and lets try to run away from an archer who can easily double holy path and elven alacrity for over 25 seconds of 15 m/s and then if genie is built right add another holy path... with the longest range in the game of any class. good idea.
    4) yes, lets wait till winged shell is over since the duration of the demon version is 30 seconds and the cooldown is... oh wait! its 30 seconds!

BTW, a BM can outDPS an archer... but they will NEVER outDAMAGE an archer.
    DPS is almost purely PvE.
    Even with more str which means higher damage, it doesnt mean a BM will always do more constant damage than an archer.
    You forget the extremely high crit rate an archer can have.
    I, myself, have 41% crits without any skills. 51 with stun arrow.. but i say no skills because thats what i would have with fists on.
    41% crits would mean...... 41% more damage...
    I'm sure the extra str and fist mastery dont equal out 41% more damage...
    sure its much more than 41% extra WEAPON DAMAGE, but that doesnt mean 41% more damage.

Damage isn't everything in this game either way.
    If an archer has something that puts them above any other class, it is their versatility.
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You've obviously never PvP'd against an archer before.

^ This. b:bye
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010

because every thing has +12 weapons right? wrong.

purge bow, stuns, sleep resist, and demon spark > wizard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Comon Teppei , appear and send him back to the abyss b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *sigh* always these class > class discussions

any class can be the best in PvP, it depends on how you play, experience, gear, skills, luck, lag, whatever.

you can not say BM < Archer or BM > Archer.

examples:

- BM gets lucky and crit + zerk on archer face with a strong skill while archer is debuffed. (He will be dead xD)

- BM manages to stunlock the Archer and lands some nice crits. (yay one problem less to deal with)

- BM smashes Archers teeth out with 5 aps demon sparked (don't ask me why the archer didn't do anything about it, just examples man)

- Archer shows the BM how to get grilled by using some critical hitting lightning attacks. (awww)

- Archer shows BM who has got the real DPS by owning his *** with 5 APS (*cough*)

- Archer keeps kiting and attacking till BM dies (I am getting sick of making examples)

Lol i know these ↑ are ridiculus xD. But just to show my point, fights are never the same so there is no "best class". Choose your class by your play style, not by comments of other people saying "my class is best and i own everyone".
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Damage isn't everything in this game either way.
    If an archer has something that puts them above any other class, it is their versatility.

And a BM isn't versatile? Reaching from single target DPS to AoEs, a crapload of stuns, few debuffs, ability to change defense stats, increase walking speed (without genie -.-), heck a BM could possibly even use a bow effectively.

Can't think of more right now lol.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Go learn BM. They can easily out dmg archer. Archer is about burst damage. It's not a class known for hitting hard constantly. Also, archers can be taken down in 1 shot just like any other class. Ever get hit by a Wiz with +30 AL? (Except barbs...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited October 2010

what is wrong with you? i mean honestly every thread i see you in you flame archers.. why read archer forums in general? go practice in-game if you cannot kill an archer instead of flaming them in forums lol .. obviously you never met +12 archers, so.. and LOL what archer will stand and wait before his buffs are over.. just kill on sight

and yes, bms can outdmg archers and archers can outdmg bms, its all about APS in nirvana and DPS in tts etc, cos nirvana bosses have more defence generally, at least i hit less with them, i have +5 deicides and still i tank all the nirvana bosses all the time if there is no 4-5aps sins/bms.. sins are around 20% better dds then archers same gear, and bms are pretty much same, but they have HF, its why everyone likes them.. but i use extreme + tangling mire too these days so everyone likes me too, dont even need hf b:pleased
    anyways i see similar threads.. hundreds of them here..
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited October 2010

All of this is very true lol. How ever that goes for most classes. Everyone besides heavily cash shopped Barbs or Bms gets 1 shoot by +12 wizards if they dont have any type of immune/dmg reduction up. Even arcane users gets 1 shoot by a Sandstorm crit or any wizard ulti.

Not many archer would wait around and try to tank a +12 wizard when Shell, WoG, Immune pot or Domain is on cooldown anyway because you will get 1 shoot.

Only a few heavy cash shoppers would hang around and see how much frenzy+ Bids hits you for in open pvp.

Archers with a brain knows that you cant tank high refined DDs in pvp even if you have +10 gear. You have a couple of seconds when you're free to attack a target, if they're not dead than you have to gtfo and kite til cooldown on pots and immune skills is over.

But of course playing that way doesn't suit everyone. A lot of people, specially guys, feels that kiting and spamming immune means being a wuss lol.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Comon Teppei , appear and send him back to the abyss b:surrender

I has been summoned! xO

lol, uhm, it seems everyone else has done a good job of blowing holes in this guy's theory, though.

Carry on fellow archers.b:bye
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2010

I got one question for you... WTF is that archer doing while you are doing all the waiting?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    @Kiyoshi
    The archer is waiting to see how long he/she can stand and tank the hits from a +12 Mage and LOL at it b:chuckle