New BM, which weapon?

Options
AFailure - Heavens Tear
AFailure - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Blademaster
I am new, and I see several different types of BM's on my server mainly fist/claw. I would like to know what is the most fun to play and any input or advice would be helpful. Also note I will not/can't spend tons of money to get -interval and massive refines.
Post edited by AFailure - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Every player has distinctive play style. I can't guarantee you that you'll find fists/claws the most fun path when you actually go and try them. So all I can say is go and try all of them and figure it out for yourself. It's free.
  • Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary
    Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For your poll , 3 str/ 2 dex is the axe/fist or all weapon build. Most people dont use all weapons, however. Personally, I use 3/2 myself. Axes for AoE and Heaven's Flame (Axe path ultimate skill) Spears for the Frost Glacier, (Seeing as most people opt to use axes, I got it to help with DD.) and Fists for DD and tanking.

As I said, this my personal preference. But you should expirement with different weapons as you go. You just might have to restat a few times. Just remember:

Axes = 360 AoEs, slow hits, but great for spike damage (Calamityy Axes of Blood at level 70)
    Spear/Pole = Linear (straight in front of you) AoE, slightly less damage than axes, but slightly faster.
    Sword/Blade = Faster than Axes and spears, less damage. Great for PVE and duels. Not many AoE.
    Fists/Claw= Machine gun. Low damage, but hits alot faster faster to make up for it. At Endgame, a fist bm is very wanted for squads. (Annihilator of Souls at 60 ,Dark Flash at 70 Buddah Fists at 80, FCC gold fists at 85)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some of us arent looking for anything logical, like money.

We cannot be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.

We just want to see the world burn...
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For your poll , 3 str/ 2 dex is the axe/fist or all weapon build. Most people dont use all weapons, however. Personally, I use 3/2 myself. Axes for AoE and Heaven's Flame (Axe path ultimate skill) Spears for the Frost Glacier, (Seeing as most people opt to use axes, I got it to help with DD.) and Fists for DD and tanking.

As I said, this my personal preference. But you should expirement with different weapons as you go. You just might have to restat a few times. Just remember:

Axes = 360 AoEs, slow hits, but great for spike damage (Calamityy Axes of Blood at level 70)
    Spear/Pole = Linear (straight in front of you) AoE, slightly less damage than axes, but slightly faster.
    Sword/Blade = Faster than Axes and spears, less damage. Great for PVE and duels. Not many AoE.
    Fists/Claw= Machine gun. Low damage, but hits alot faster faster to make up for it. At Endgame, a fist bm is very wanted for squads. (Annihilator of Souls at 60 ,Dark Flash at 70 Buddah Fists at 80, FCC gold fists at 85)

the TT fist do more damage and idk maybe its just me but i think FC fist r a waste the lunar claws ave more int and only cost 30m more...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well, you can always resell the FC fists and you won't lose much since they are in high demand. Their price might go down a couple of mil due to more of them coming out of the packs, but that's still not bad for 10 levels of use. The price difference between lunar and FC is more than 30 mil. On HL, FC is now below 20 mil while you'd be lucky to find lunar for lower than 60 mil.

I personally used a nice (+4, 2 imac) pair of Dark Flash that I found for 900k til 85, then FC and then lunar. Making TT70 then TT80 seems like a worse option since TT80 is harder to sell than FC and Dark Flash is much better for Public Quest than TT70 due to heal and purify.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well, you can always resell the FC fists and you won't lose much since they are in high demand. Their price might go down a couple of mil due to more of them coming out of the packs, but that's still not bad for 10 levels of use. The price difference between lunar and FC is more than 30 mil. On HL, FC is now below 20 mil while you'd be lucky to find lunar for lower than 60 mil.

I personally used a nice (+4, 2 imac) pair of Dark Flash that I found for 900k til 85, then FC and then lunar. Making TT70 then TT80 seems like a worse option since TT80 is harder to sell than FC and Dark Flash is much better for Public Quest than TT70 due to heal and purify.

lol really? i find lots of lunar sigs for 60m-65m.ur right its about 40m differnce but worth it!
    lol public quest is very over rated even though i still do it sometimes and i found that the TT70 fist r alot better than the dark flash..the only time the dark flash comes in handy is if u r tanking the elite mobs(which you shouldnt cause magic classes r allways der so let them tank)
    '
    more dmg=more pts=more exp
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    my recommendation, for a new BM, just go AXE. its the easiest to learn, and doesnt take too much to build. no new user should set out to make a fist build his prime goal because that is extremely expensive. you can always restat later into a hybrid should you come into some coin, or have a huge visa limit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol really? i find lots of lunar sigs for 60m-65m.ur right its about 40m differnce but worth it!
    lol public quest is very over rated even though i still do it sometimes and i found that the TT70 fist r alot better than the dark flash..the only time the dark flash comes in handy is if u r tanking the elite mobs(which you shouldnt cause magic classes r allways der so let them tank)
    '
    more dmg=more pts=more exp

Yes, it's worth it, but it's also 10 levels away from 85. The point I'm making is that you don't really lose much by getting FC first then Lunar later.

If ANY magic class has aggro over you, it means they are doing more damage than you and you can bet you won't even rank at all. The only way a magic class will aggro the mob you are hitting is your fists break and need repair. To do well in PQ you MUST have aggro on the elite mobs you are hitting, because that means you are doing the most damage. Like you said, more damage = more points. If you are not aggroing, you are not damaging.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yes, it's worth it, but it's also 10 levels away from 85. The point I'm making is that you don't really lose much by getting FC first then Lunar later. 10 levels=1 week(if that long)

If ANY magic class has aggro over you, it means they are doing more damage than you and you can bet you won't even rank at all. The only way a magic class will aggro the mob you are hitting is your fists break and need repair. To do well in PQ you MUST have aggro on the elite mobs you are hitting, because that means you are doing the most damage. Like you said, more damage = more points. If you are not aggroing, you are not damaging.

i would love to write a full paragraph on public quest and how it works but i honestly just dont feel like it.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i would love to write a full paragraph on public quest and how it works but i honestly just dont feel like it.

You won't need to for me since my Sin was always top 1-3 back then and my BM was able to beat Sins there and stay consistently in top 3 spots and first place if no interval Sins there. DPS = win public quest. The only exception is when a charmed Psy have a mob gatherer that groups them together while he AoEs.

So back to my point that when you are DDing on an elite mob with fists, and you know what you are doing i.e. keep on double sparking instead of dropping HF for other people, you will have aggro. The purify of the burning DoT from the claw is much more valuable than even the heal itself.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You won't need to for me since my Sin was always top 1-3 back then and my BM was able to beat Sins there and stay consistently in top 3 spots and first place if no interval Sins there. DPS = win public quest. The only exception is when a charmed Psy have a mob gatherer that groups them together while he AoEs.

So back to my point that when you are DDing on an elite mob with fists, and you know what you are doing i.e. keep on double sparking instead of dropping HF for other people, you will have aggro. The purify of the burning DoT from the claw is much more valuable than even the heal itself.

lol i never used heavens flame i dub sparked and then used cyclone heel then reg att
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol i never used heavens flame i dub sparked and then used cyclone heel then reg att

I don't assume you do and it's just an example. If you are doing what you are suppose to for maxing your DPS, you will aggro.
  • Zindane__ - Sanctuary
    Zindane__ - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the best starting hybrid build i've seen is axes/blade if you can manage your stats right. blades are relatively cheap and are good for grinding and such. axes are great for the aoe's, stun locks, and their not bad at bossing due to the inconsitant dmg its unlikely you'll take aggro from barb.
  • Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary
    Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the best starting hybrid build i've seen is axes/blade if you can manage your stats right. blades are relatively cheap and are good for grinding and such. axes are great for the aoe's, stun locks, and their not bad at bossing due to the inconsitant dmg its unlikely you'll take aggro from barb.

Zin gtfo my thread b:angry Jk

But really, i skipped the Dark Flash's because in my eyes, a legendary weapon is good for 10 - 15 levels, 20 if you're low on coin. I passed down my Anni of Souls to a faction member, but picked up a set of Instant Strike fists 2 socs with flawless garnets and Provoke on em (Increase threat level), perfect for when I need to hold aggro from people to tank in BH's and questing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some of us arent looking for anything logical, like money.

We cannot be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.

We just want to see the world burn...
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i would go pure axe or pure fix with lower axes

to go from pure axe to axe fist is a huge change in vit.. - 3 vit every 2 lvls

but to go from pure fist to fist axe isnt much at all. - 1 vit every 2 lvls

if u choose to weild fists as well as axes just get some gear that adds str like x2 barbaric warrior's ring and have some lower lvl axes with you
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i would go pure axe or pure fix with lower axes

to go from pure axe to axe fist is a huge change in vit.. - 3 vit every 2 lvls

but to go from pure fist to fist axe isnt much at all. - 1 vit every 2 lvls

if u choose to weild fists as well as axes just get some gear that adds str like x2 barbaric warrior's ring and have some lower lvl axes with you

at what point pre 90 does a bm in any way need more than 5k hp?

vit is horrificly overrated yes it is nice but being able to use at lvl weapons is far more important

you can start stacking vit as early as 70 if you cap your axes at calams till 90 but anything before that is just...wtf

at zin: no its not blades are worse than fists for a good 99% of the game i have a +5 zerk blade adn sadly the only thing i use it for is MSS after HF when im pulling gate of life (yes i did defend them in set circumstances but those are admitedly rare)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All vit bms always end up killing the whole squad if tanking. Dies if you duel me. And is ridiculously underpowered.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All vit bms always end up killing the whole squad if tanking. Dies if you duel me. And is ridiculously underpowered.

up to 55 vit now 85 at 100b:surrender
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    how does vit get you killed? last i checked, vit bm has better odds to live on a boss than 3/2 build; especially in instances like BH69. if they dont have that extra hp say bye bye tank. to hell with tons of dex
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    how does vit get you killed? last i checked, vit bm has better odds to live on a boss than 3/2 build; especially in instances like BH69. if they dont have that extra hp say bye bye tank. to hell with tons of dex

aggro axe bm's lack it

and pole and nob are tankable with 5k hp if your cleric can acctualt purify quickly, was to lazy to spam HH for 30 mins a day back in 8x so if we didnt get a fuzzy would just tank it
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Yea sure, I would much rather prefer some vit axe BM tanking and Cleric IHing + purifying while the rest of DDs sit on the corner sucking their thumbs wondering when they can start attacking so they don't steal aggro 5 seconds later...

In PvE vit does NOTHING if the mobs and bosses don't pay attention to you. Vit axe BM is only good in TW where your only purpose is AoE stun + HF.