Doing Rebirth Alpha-Gamma at 100+

Options
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
I thought of a trick that would let level 100+ people have a crack at Rebirth Alpha - Gamma. It's a theory but I don't see why it wouldn't work. (EDIT I have confirmed this on page 2)

First off start a rebirth with 6 members in the appropriate level range.

Rebirth Alpha (40-55)
Rebirth Beta (55-70)
Rebirth Gamma (70-85)
Rebirth Delta (85+)

Once inside talk to the NPC to start the rebirth but have everyone immediately leave the instance to 1K.

Once outside have the leader kick everyone else from squad and invite a level 100.
The leader passes lead to the level 100 and leaves squad. The level 100 invites the 5 other level 100 members and enters the instance.

They will be teleported inside to the valley for delta but you can go through the blue portal and select return to battle to go back to the valley where rebirth was started.

You won't have the aura quest and you wont have the XP quest (those fail when you transfer lead) but the monsters should still come and you should be able to finish it. If you start off with a rainbow squad you should be able to get the mana 1 aura before you hand off the instance to the level 100s.

Anyone interested in trying this out? b:chuckle

Actually you could probably do it while keeping the aura quest if you only use 5 level 100s.
1) Have 6 level 100s enter rebirth but dont start the quest.
2) All but leader logout
3) Leader passes lead to a squad of 6 members in desired level range and log outs
4) They enter and start the rebirth.
5) All low levels but leader leave squad
6) The 5 level 100s log back on (they are still in the instance) and the low level leader invites them to squad
7) The level 100s make their way to the right valley through the happy valley

This method assumes that entering rebirth doesnt despawn the NPCs in the other valleys which is not an assumption I made in the first method. This actually might allow the level 100s to get the Protector XP quest as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't think it would work. Once you go out to 1k u cannot get back in. You have to start a new instance.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't think it would work. Once you go out to 1k u cannot get back in. You have to start a new instance.

You can get back in if the leader trashes the aura quest. This is done all the time on Sanctuary to pick up BH2 between waves 2 and 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    or get someone that was sent to 1k b:surrender
  • Zoroastra - Sanctuary
    Zoroastra - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    prob would work, but doing rebirth and getting no exp is kinda pointless anyway
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hmmm sounds interesting... Have you been able to confirm it ports you to the same instance upon going through the pillar? Seems like it's possible, but seems like a hassle to get a group of lowbies to open for you with their orders, haha.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You can get back in if the leader trashes the aura quest. This is done all the time on Sanctuary to pick up BH2 between waves 2 and 3.
    yes, you can get back inside. was doing this for those who died/disconnect but none will get the quests anymore once you get out or pass lead. only useful for those that need a boss not the rebirth quest itself (xp + reward)
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Seems like it's possible, but seems like a hassle to get a group of lowbies to open for you with their orders, haha.

i have like ~100 of these things, i could give them XD
    edited October 2010
    Options
    prob would work, but doing rebirth and getting no exp is kinda pointless anyway

The second method could allow you to bring a lvl 100 'ringer' to a RB alpha to level alts. That may be useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The second method could allow you to bring a lvl 100 'ringer' to a RB alpha to level alts. That may be useful.

No it won't.

When you leave RB, quest fails to all but leader. Since you are passing lead, I'm guessing even the leader looses the quest. We had our leader in RB today pass lead b:chuckle (can I name them? :D ). We went out as always for 3rd boss, & the new lead took us in. So... while getting in might be possible, I think there is no way to gain exp there. If you somehow keep your lowbie alt from begining as lead, then maybe...

If you going just to **** some mobs then sure :D

I'm not certain about drops though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    question is, what would be the point of someone doing this? what would you get from alpha?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    question is, what would be the point of someone doing this? what would you get from alpha?

EXP? lol.
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    with FCC around? why bother? exp room > full gamma, doubt alpha would do much better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    EXP? lol.
    drops maybe coz xp without quest is zero
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I suppose to be able to say that you did rebirth alpha at level 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Before delta BH today I checked out the other valleys and can confirm the messenger NPCs are all there. They only despawn when you start the quest so there is no reason why method 2 won't work. I'll see if I can solo alpha later today for fun :)

This does mean you can have high level help in lower RBs similar to how people are bringing level 100s into fb69 trophy mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Would be fun to try alpha & beta with OPness as I have never even seen them.

EDIT: Can you start the quest with people in the squad outside the level range though?
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i think ur ALL forgetting the most important quesiton, is this banble and now that uv disscused it on an open forums, r u really gonna risk it now that "they" know?
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Is this against ToS, to anyone's knowledge? If not, game on until we get official reply, I think b:victory
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Again you dont get any XP for it. Its mostly good just to take a look at what youve missed.

It took a long time to gather all the people but I was able to enter rebirth beta :)
    http://imgur.com/u6IAA.jpg

This is using the 2nd method and we were able to get auras but no XP.

EDIT OMG I failed beta D: Those mobs are really hard.. the bunnies kept coming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    **** the missing exp, whats about the tome frags? will no one think of the tome frags??? b:cry

(seriosuly tohugh thats where like half ur prfoit comes from in GV >.<)
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options

ROFL b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Again you dont get any XP for it. Its mostly good just to take a look at what youve missed.

It took a long time to gather all the people but I was able to enter rebirth beta :)
    http://imgur.com/u6IAA.jpg

This is using the 2nd method and we were able to get auras but no XP.

That is actually quite epic.

I wonder if the 'stashing' players in the instance trick would actually work for this...

Get your whole squad of 10x to log out, have a level appropriate party start the instance, then have all the other party members leave party or log off, then log the 10x party back in, and have the squad leader invite.

This is probably the coolest thing I've seen done on fhe forums in some time. Good job!
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Interesting.
    I'm guessing you can do it from the start, method 1

And than let all but the leader leave.
    Have the leader bring in 5 lvl 100's
    And than do the instance.

That way the leader stays, and he will get the exp. There will also be aura's.
    Alternatevly you can bring in only 2 (or 3) lvl 100's (1 zhenner, 1 puller, maybe 1 more), and powerlvl alts that way
    (ya know, my lvl 100 powerlvls your alt and than your lvl 100 powerlvls my alt)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

Proof that no matter how high you level, how well you gear up, and how skilled you are.... there are still gonna be bunnies that can, and will, kick your ***.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Proof that no matter how high you level, how well you gear up, and how skilled you are.... there are still gonna be bunnies that can, and will, kick your ***.

Beta is definitely less of a joke than I thought it would be. The [?] mobs in there still have 200k+ hp and don't exactly evaporate instantly. Tons of them explode and slow you down, there were giant green dragons that did freeze and interrupt. At stage 4 or so we had 4 bosses from fb59 all spawn at once throwing crazy attacks. We got up to stage 5 before being overrun by bloodthirsty bunnies. I guess having a barb or bm come might be a good idea.

With all the stunning and interrupt we encountered Beta is definitely one of the harder RBs. Very fun to try it out though. Next I'm going to try being the first level 102 to fail Rebirth Alpha b:chuckle

I doubt youll see people trying to power level alts this way since it is tricky to make the swap and is much easier to power level in FCC. Someone brought in level 1 sin when we were halfway through FCC and she hit level 30 by the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've always felt Alpha and Beta were the two toughest rebirths to complete, but maybe you should aim for being the first 102 to duo (or solo if you're really bored) a gamma? b:chuckle

But yeah, anyone trying to abuse this for EXP would be really wasting their time with hypers and FCC available.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Uhm I heard alpha is pretty easy actually. b:avoid
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »

b:chuckle Where is Kephras when you need him with his bunny vids
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]