Im tottally confused about the skills

Options
flamesoul5
flamesoul5 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Cleric
Ok so at first, im a noob and im new so plz not very difficult pwi language plz.
Ok so im totally confused i read several guides on the internet about the cleric skills and they all say different. I think i tottally ruined my character because i followed the wrong guide. So a little info about me: im going to use arcane armour and im not going to pvp. Im going to follow the build: 7mag 2vit 1str
so i dont get it anymore. Do i have to get plum bell and is it ruined because i leveled it once and because i leveled blessing of the pureheart once?
So can someone plz give me the excact info what not to do and what i shouldnt since although my character is just level 21 i dont feel like starting again for the third time.
Post edited by flamesoul5 on

Comments

• Serinregis - Lost City
    Serinregis - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    your build is fine, and by plum bell i assume you mean plume shell? if so, then level it sparingly/when you have extra money and spirit, it is a very useful skill but is not a TOP priority as with your major healing skills.

don't worry if you accidentally level skills once or twice, as long as you do something in the game, you'll have unlimited coin and spirit to waste on skills.

the basic things you have to know are that Ironheart Blessing is the most important skill a cleric has and that you may level whatever skills you want.

Some important skills you may want to jot down are: steam of rejuvenation and chromatic healing beam, one is for spike healing, other for party healing.

IH blessing, SoR, and Chromatic are the 3 healing skills you will be using the most, be sure to also level purify on your spare coin and spirit, it will be used a lot later on. Also remember to level your buffs. As for your attack spells, prioritize them last, you won't really need them unless you plan to solo (which no one does after level 40 nowadays anyways)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Healing skills : Ironheart Blessing - main skill which you give prority to and max it soon as you can.
    Wellspring Surge - constant heal, doesn't stack but it's a very helpfull skill when someones HP is droping fast you need to heal him soon as possible.
    Blessing of the Purehearted - don't bother with that anymore.
    Chromatic healing beam it's a lvl 39 skill / party heal , if you have extra coins and spirit i would say to level it, once you get a higher level you gonna use it alot in dungeons.
    Stream of rejuvenation - lvl 49 skill - later on if you have extra coins / spirit.
    Blue Bubble - 59 skill, get that soon as you can =)

Purify - learn / level it / max it if you really have the coins and spirit for it.

- Plume shell - level it soon as you can.

Buffs:
    Single buffs or 30mins ones , you gonna have to max them so then you can be able to learn the party buffs.

Attack skills:
    Plume shot - learn, level it, it doesn't cost so much to max it.
    Great cyclone - same as plume shot.
    Thunderball - i personally don't use and never been or planning to use it, so it's kinda your choice but my opinion it's pretty usless , maybe later on when you get sage / demon and wanna be a full skilled cleric wanna learn it.
    Siren's kiss - aoe skill , i personally find it waste of 1 spark -.-
    Weild thunder - learn it, max it if you really can , it's a bit costy in early levels to max it tho. But maybe you wont be able to max it soon as it's available to learn level 10 but i definatly sugest to max it :D
    Tempest - thats our badass skill , it's a total of 4mil and a bit coins to max it, prolly you won't be able to do so same as i said on weild thunder, but yes, you would love the damage if you plan to level it.

Debuffs : learn and level them if you have the spare coins and spirit .

Revive , i would recoment to max it.

Red Ball : i would recomend aswell to learn it.

Metal mastery - learn and max it.

The other skills, don't need worry about , i mean the level 79/100 ones since there's still a long way to go since your level 21 just.

My 2 cents b:avoid
  • DrFeealGood - Archosaur
    DrFeealGood - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Plume Bell.. Lol
    Sorry it's very late at night and that just made me hysterical b:laugh
    Thank you =D
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You're fine learning a level of each of those. As a matter of a fat, even your most worthless skills you should get at least level one of so you can get the rest.

And Plume Shell i would recommend leveling anyways, since its a really good way to save yourself in a rough spot. Say you heal too early and a mob comes at you instead of the tank, as long as its a physical mob, pop Shell on, and you have extra survivability for a little bit. It gives you time to either stack yourself with heals, or have someone grab aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    now my 2 cents :) (i agree with Desire on most points if tl, dr)
    Warning: this applies mostly to low and mid level, your base magic attack isnt high then so some skills come off as weak, and you usually dont have enough coins / spirit to level everything anyway so you must prioritize a little.
    When you get to high level and become more powerful (and start having free sp too) your playstyle will change, and your opinion on some skills labeled 'useless' may change, even more when you become sage or demon. Though by then you will know for yourself which skills you use and like, so you will be able to decide for yourself.

1) things always up to level - main heal: ih, main attacks: plume shot, cyclone
    2) things that are very useful, level if possible: metal mastery, buffs, wellspring (weak heal but fast cast so its a lifesaver), plume shell,
    2a) revive - its a skill you level for others, lvl 1 is a must, rest depends on your preference (you can always demand people have angels) i have lvl 11 myself :)
    3) skills you start using at medium levels and become really important at high: chromatic healing beam, purify (cant do fb 69 without both, cant kill krimson without puri)
    4) skills to get as soon as possible: regeneration aura (aka bb) - squad heal and damage reduction; heavens wrath (aka rb) - attack boost for squad (this one you rarely use after 89 as it messess up demon spark)
    5) skills to be kept at 1 at beginning and leveled when your matk rises: stream of rejuvenation, wield thunder, tempest
    6) skills most pve clerics dont use before they come to high level, and some never use: seals
    7) skills named 'useless' in guide for clerics stickied on this forum (very good one i used myself): thunderball, sirens kiss, blessing of the purehearted. Now, i started using thunderball at about 70s, sirens at 92, lvl 1 bop as chi builder from 60s-70s and lvl 11 as heal at 90 - a little illustration to my 'opinion changes' theory
    8) skill to level only if you plan to use natural wings: flight mastery (wont work with cs wings or lvl 30 wings)

rest of skills are high level and you have lots of time to learn about them, but just to give my opinion:
    lvl 79 skills i got guardian light myself (lifesaver for me), and faction sponsored apocalypse pages for wings of protection (lifesaver for anyone)
    lvl 100 skills: i will probably try to get elven boon and skip seal of the god (im not in tw faction its a good seal but very expensive and pve use is very limited)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ^What Aya said
    b:dirty
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Don't worry, your build is fine. And you can always stop adding vit when you feel like you have enough and put these points into mag.

About blessing of the purehearted, i myself had lvled it to lvl 7 until I someone told me it was useless and i should use IH instead.
    As the people above said, lvl IH, plume shot and cyclone to the max of your lvl. You will use those skills the most.
    And don't worry.. Everyone started here as a noob (even though they don't think so), so it's not bad if you mess up with the skills a bit. Like I said, i did the same. Even now some of my priority skills aren't lvled to the max, because i think they work fine and i see more use in leveling other skills. My purify for example is just lvl 8, it works fine for me, and i lvled other skills instead.
    As long as you'll be able to keep others and yourself alive you're fine (:
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Plume shot, Ironheart Blessing and great cyclone before anything else. Then your buff skills, then plume shell and wield thunder and... Whatever else. My cleric is 5x, but this has never failed me. Also, you should cap your vit somewhere. 40 worked for me- more may work for you.
  • Jamiesangus - Lost City
    Jamiesangus - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    as you said your not gonna PVP yea i agree with what Aya but incase you do decide to pvp i suggest level sirens kiss a little to stop people running from you XD like a barb or bm waiting for their charm to tick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Forsakenx for the amazing signature