Cleo's Miniguide On Pets

Options
2»

Comments

• XDarkJessX - Lost City
    XDarkJessX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have searched for getting a Dark Wanderer without buying it be can not find any information about where and how. Please Let me know.

way to go necro!!! =D
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You know.. I don't agree with most of this guide...but I agree on the plumpfish part.
  • RiiC - Raging Tide
    RiiC - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All this stuff gives me a headache.
    Are you sure a pet returned to an Egg retains its stats, I heard they did not? I'll give it a try just to see.

I'm not to clear on how the pet's skills can be moved or reordered without removing and re-installing them. Or making them the primary skill without having them being the first skill in the line-up. I find I have to click on the pet's 2nd, 3rd and 4th skills to get them to activate. Am I missing something? If not, then the order won't much matter. I will highlight a mob then click on the skill I want the pet to use 1st then any others, then usually the default will fire next. Example sometimes I want to use SLOW then FleshReam (because it works over time), then Bash. Other times I just click on the attack button and let the pet do its thing while I do support.

I find it's hard to decide what pet is best to get, keep and level especially when you can't see all the pets stats until you activate one. Is there a good chart? I like the graph that comes up when you check your pet's stats but this is on pets already owned. I find this graph tells me how well balanced that pet is and what areas are strong or weak. Example GW (Glacial Walkers) are heavy physical hitters where others are Heavy magic hitters. I don't think you can change those demographics so the skills would have to be used instead but the pet would still be weak in those areas. I try to use one pet for more physical attacks and one for a more magic attacks and try to keep backups. Plus keeping a couple each of air and water pets. This seems to be working so far but it still leaves elemental strengths to consider but you run out of pet bag space quick. Oh ya, one place for a mount in the pet bag too.

I think #1 has given us a good over view of the best pets to get along the way but no single pet is the end all of all are battles.
    I found to my amazement that my Wasp Hivewarder did a good job of killing a ground boss while I hovered over head out of reach on my flying ride. Usually the Bosses assistants would cause me great problems if I was on the ground. This is great considering that an air pet has half the killing power on land mobs.

If you have any good screen shots of a pet's BASIC stats (Before the pet is used or leveled) let me know so you can send them to me.
  • MaouHime - Raging Tide
    MaouHime - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You are wrong there, Flying pets do not hit for half the dmg against ground mobs.
    The dmg penalty only apllies to players.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All this stuff gives me a headache.

it's the constant necroing and near-necroing. does it every time.
    Are you sure a pet returned to an Egg retains its stats, I heard they did not? I'll give it a try just to see.

egged pets retain all their stats, except for loyalty, which gets reset to zero. when you go to un-egg a pet, buy a bunch of loyalty foods first, because you'll need them.
    I'm not to clear on how the pet's skills can be moved or reordered without removing and re-installing them.

there is no other way than that. most people don't think that's worth it, either.
    Or making them the primary skill without having them being the first skill in the line-up. I find I have to click on the pet's 2nd, 3rd and 4th skills to get them to activate.

by "primary skill" do you mean "will fire automatically whenever the pet is in combat and the skill is cooled down"? if so, right-click on the skill. the bold outline will move over, and the right-clicked skill will then auto-fire until you right-click another one, or unsummon/resummon the pet. this will have to be re-done every time you summon the pet.

you can also right-click the current default skill to unset it entirely, so that NO skill will auto-fire. this is sometimes useful, mainly for ranged pets.

or do you mean something else when you say "primary skill"? because if so, then i dunno.
    I find it's hard to decide what pet is best to get, keep and level especially when you can't see all the pets stats until you activate one. Is there a good chart? I like the graph that comes up when you check your pet's stats but this is on pets already owned.

try the wiki: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Ultimate_Pet_List
    I found to my amazement that my Wasp Hivewarder did a good job of killing a ground boss while I hovered over head out of reach on my flying ride. Usually the Bosses assistants would cause me great problems if I was on the ground. This is great considering that an air pet has half the killing power on land mobs.

no; pets are mobs, and as such do full damage always. (well, unless hit with a damage-reducing debuff, anyway.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.