The journey is more important than the destination
Post edited by Magica_ita - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What are the rest of your skill levels?

PERSONALLY, I'd put a tad more priority on Chromatic. It casts slow as a snail but it's our only aoe heal other than BB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • miyago
    miyago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Stream of Reju is amazing at high levels. It's handy when you need to heal a large chunk of health. Chromatic Healing is good as well, but the amount it heals depends on the HP of the person. Therefore you usually have to throw a few extra ironhearts on a barb or BM after using chromatic. Both Chromatic and Stream take a long time to cast, and at end game, they are both useful and will need to be leveled to 10.

Priority-wise, they are about the same. At lower levels, I would take a look at how you play. Are you spending most of your time in squads, or do you have an usual partner you party with?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What are the rest of your skill levels?

PERSONALLY, I'd put a tad more priority on Chromatic. It casts slow as a snail but it's our only aoe heal other than BB.

Gotta say I agree with this. If you find yourself in a squad often, chromatic can be a lifesaver sometimes when you learn how to deal with the channeling (plus leveling it increases the range).

Stream, while also a great heal under the right circumstances, really won't be quite as needed for a squad player until the higher levels.

However, if you regularly duo with people or tend to solo more often than you squad, stream will be much more useful to you than Chrom... so in the end it really does come down to playstyle somewhat.
  • Legorend - Heavens Tear
    Legorend - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I personally prioritize leveling Chromatic Healing Beam beam first.

I would use Wellspring + Ironheart Blessing until I get the chance of leveling Streams of Rejuvenation.
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lvl 72?, doing bh 69?

probably chromatic healing beam is the smartest thing to level.
    I'm wondering how come your skill levels are so low at this level? They should be much, much higher by now...

I'm guessing purify is at lvl 1 or 2?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I personally prioritize leveling Chromatic Healing Beam beam first.

I would use Wellspring + Ironheart Blessing until I get the chance of leveling Streams of Rejuvenation.

^ Bingo. +1
    lvl 72?, doing bh 69?

probably chromatic healing beam is the smartest thing to level.
    I'm wondering how come your skill levels are so low at this level? They should be much, much higher by now...

I'm guessing purify is at lvl 1 or 2?

It's a common misconception that you need all your skills to be a very high level below 80. I never got around to getting purify >5 till after 90... or chromatic to >6... I just never found the need for it since I could do just fine (plus I didn't aoe grind petaliis cause I was a dumb noob -_-''). After I realized that I had neglected skills for ages (my memory is poor and spazzy so I frequently don't pay attention to that), I upped them and had similar experiences.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    cause I was a dumb noob -_-''

It's okay. We still love you.

Well... as long as you enjoy the math. If, for some reason, you were to reject math then we would drown you in a sea of hatred. b:angry

.... No pressure! b:cute
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    It's okay. We still love you.

b:cute
    truekossy wrote: »
    ...as long as you enjoy the math.

b:dirty ...Math... b:dirty

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0 for life b:victory
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    SoR > Beam on 80+ imo..

but thats just me maybe - i rarely use CHB in squad

then again, i dont use SoR too often on 100+ since noone have more than 10k hp b:beatup
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'd focus on Stream of Rejuvenation only. Maybe level up Chromatic Healing Beam by one or two levels later for the HP/range.

If you consider doing FCCs in the future, however, CHB should be your priority. A lot of bosses make you unable to use BB so you'll definitely want your other AoE heal that will have a good range and heal a considerable amount of HP (some boss AoEs in FCC hurt quite a lot at lower levels ).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Just level them both better if you can afford, you gonna meet a lot of dungeons when you get to a higher level and you gonna see that both of them are really useful skills.

If you can't afford to level them both Chromatic > SoR.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I would go with chromatic up to lvl 5 only then SoR I got mine at lvl 6 and was told to leave it there on here some where.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I would go with chromatic up to lvl 5 only then SoR I got mine at lvl 6 and was told to leave it there on here some where.

You will want them maxed, I know that I was really happy when i finally maxed SoR. The amount of HP that this 2 skills regenerate is pure awesome
    b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You will want them maxed, I know that I was really happy when i finally maxed SoR. The amount of HP that this 2 skills regenerate is pure awesome

I was told some where in here to leave my Chromatic at lvl 6 which it now nothing about SoR.Here is the thread where I told to leave it where it is at 6.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=693632&highlight=Chromatic+Healing+Beam&page=2
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you plan on doing alot of Frosts or any instance where there is an aoe, I would recommend leveling Chromatic. If not, then Stream would be my preference. Its awesome for when a tank is getting JUST a little too low between IHs (say a hard hitting boss). Pop a stream every few IHs and get the spike heal plus HoT. Its saved my life so many times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I was told some where in here to leave my Chromatic at lvl 6 which it now nothing about SoR.Here is the thread where I told to leave it where it is at 6.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=693632&highlight=Chromatic+Healing+Beam&page=2

Ah the thread where I saw that casting IH+WS heals more and faster then maxed SoR.
    And made me not wanna come back to the game for so long....

Anyways, my honest suggestion is to max it. Imo spirit should be the least of your worries with genies acting as exp dump and hypers to save time.

~there is literally no more room for the excuse "I have no spirit".
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hard to respond as they are meant for different things...
    but if i had to pick one then chromatic is more useful
    sor is a powerful single target heal, both instant and over time, and i use it only on barbs and tank build bms (no use wasting heal, as Paramedic said not many people have over 10k hp)
    chromatic healing beam is an aoe heal, so its used every time when there is aoe and you cant / wont use bb - polearm, gaurnob, bishops in ff, raiders in brim, warlocks in sot, bossess in sot and abaddon (in sot ALL drop bb, but im not sure about aba, peach interrupts for sure but what about the rest? i think i didnt try to bb on them as aoe was manageable without...) feng or drum if your squad can take aoe without reduction

and mysti: max level recommended... when you are low / mid level you cant level everything so you max most used skills, and keep the rest on 'leveled enough to work' and info what is enough is important. later on you want things maxed, for better effect / range / lvl 11 bonuses. so for pole lvl 5 puri is absolutely enough, but for that sweet nice ff boss that seals and casts water dot you want it at 10, or even better at 11...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ok.I will lvl it up as soon as I can get more $$$coins as I need to think of my gear as well as weapon.I want to lvl up purify,sirens kiss and tempest although purify is about 6 or 7.

I see demon heals for more and sage has wider effect for Chromatic.

I need to get this done.http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=886822&page=2 as well
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ok.I will lvl it up as soon as I can get more $$$coins as I need to think of my gear as well as weapon.I want to lvl up purify,sirens kiss and tempest although purify is about 6 or 7.

I see demon heals for more and sage has wider effect for Chromatic.

I need to get this done.http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=886822&page=2 as well
    I would say Purify > Chromatic Healing Beam > Stream of Rejuvenation... And Temepst > Siren's Kiss...
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well on those levels for me purify was maxed so sirens = tempest = chb = SoR.
    Like rly b:surrender
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Here is where you use Stream of Rejuvenation: Belial if the tank is undergeared. (HH2-3), HH3-3 (after the recent changes)

Here is where you use Chromatic Heal: FB69, FC, FB99, Nirvana

In my experience, those are the ONLY places you will use either skill. 90% of the time when you use chromatic heal it gets interrupted.

Personally, I had Stream on 1 until Belial, then I leveled it to 10 when I needed it (but this was at like level 85), and I had Chromatic on level 1 until I hit 100. Neither are very useful. IMO save your money and spirit.